• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus TALKS. First time Samus has ever spoken!

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes, her voice is perfect. It's great when you have her wearing her black suit too. Black latex and whips? Mmmm mmm good...

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
That..is..the absolute best thing ever, i have been following samus and the metroid games since the Nes days and now i finnally get to hear ehr voice (that isnt just a grunt)

this is the happiest day ever, until the game comes out

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Errr...I am not too fond of it. It isn't what I expected Samus to sound like.

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
What are you talking about, its semi deep to sound like a warrior woman, but not deep enough for a warrior woman pumped on steroids. But hey, I guess everyone had their own voice for her

Antigrav

Smash Rookie
Errr...I am not too fond of it. It isn't what I expected Samus to sound like.
What happened to Jeniffer Hale? She did the grunts and stuff for the Prime games, but that is clearly not her.

I think it's a little odd to have her speaking at all. The voice kinda reminds me of Aeon Flux (animated) a little bit.

Still, she kicks all sorts of ***. Totally playing as her.

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
In the end it doesnt matter what her voice sounds like, because the other charaters will be dead before they can hear it :p

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
Oh, come on, it's not like this is an extremely high-pitched girly voice. This is Samus. This is what Samus would sound like, and I think it's almost perfect. Prime voice would've been good, but I honestly don't think it matters much, because what's available here is still really good and very suitable.

SSBBKingster

Smash Apprentice
Wow. hot body and voice. Kool. These taunts... they sound like somethin from tomb raider.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
I am minimally disappointed that Samus sounds so different in Brawl than she does in Metroid. I've always imagined her to sound more sophisticated and less vain, which is the vibe Jennifer Hale's voice acting has given off. But it's not a big deal. She still sounds great.

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry, but that voice is hot. That pretty much does it for me. She's my new main :p

Well not only because of that but in terms of range, she is the closest thing to melee Marth. She even has a long range smash with a slight lag. The difference is that she's slightly faster than Marth was.

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
To be brutally honest, i don't like the voice. It's not the actualy VOICE im dissappointed i, it's her ATTITUDE while she's talking. "Is that all...?" She sounds a little TOO cocky...a little too femme fatale...a little too evil James Bond girl...which isnt the samus i've grown to love. I always thought she'd sound more...uh...modest...?

I would have rather she stuck to grunts and smirks instead. but what can i do, i'll just have to deal. She is a beast in battle btw...

Chepe

Smash Lord
Her voice is perfect for her, it conveys a strong woman personality. Which is what she is.

I dunno why people dont think she talks though. She might not have a voice in the games, but she definitely has text dialogue and conversations (Metroid Fusion mostly though). She is definitely not like Link to me.

And the reason why we hear her voice in Metroid Prime is because we are supposed to be her INSIDE the suit. But anyone on the outside will only hear grunts and mechanical noises. Of course Zero Suit Samus had to have a voice.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
To be brutally honest, i don't like the voice. It's not the actualy VOICE im dissappointed i, it's her ATTITUDE while she's talking. "Is that all...?" She sounds a little TOO cocky...a little too femme fatale...a little too evil James Bond girl...which isnt the samus i've grown to love. I always thought she'd sound more...uh...modest...?

I would have rather she stuck to grunts and smirks instead. but what can i do, i'll just have to deal. She is a beast in battle btw...
Dude, their taunts, they're supposed to be cocky. It's basically in-game trash talk.

gamer8

Smash Lord

You're supposed to be cocky! This is a competitive fighting game!

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
I agree with the people who say it doesn't fit. Samus isn't meant to sound like some Bond girl just because she's a fighting woman. They should've brought in Jennifer Hale to do the voice.

greenblob

Smash Lord
I dislike the fact that Samus talks (she and Link are my favorite "silent protagonists"), but I'm also glad that they at least didn't give her a high-pitched Japanese-y voice.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, her voice is deeper than Link, Young Link, Mario, Luigi, and Ice Climbers'.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
I fail to see how anyone can think the voice fits her perfectly. As the above poster mentioned, this voice is even lower than most of the male characters' voices...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I dislike the fact that Samus talks (she and Link are my favorite "silent protagonists"), but I'm also glad that they at least didn't give her a high-pitched Japanese-y voice.
Samus has never been a silent protagonist.

Anyway, I love this voice. I was expecting something like Riza Hawkeye-esque but this is perfect. By the way, her voice is provided by Alesia Glidewell. She put that info up along with that Krystal info before it was taken down.

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
Not only does she speak, didnt anyone notice that the player STARTED as her?
Nice voice though, would have been weird without them.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not only does she speak, didnt anyone notice that the player STARTED as her?
Nice voice though, would have been weird without them.
We've known about being able to play as her from the start since yesterday. You have to press a certain button depending on the controller you're using.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I think what you have to do is hold down the A button, like what had to be done with Zelda in Melee to transform into Sheik right away.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I think what you have to do is hold down the A button, like what had to be done with Zelda in Melee to transform into Sheik right away.
R button, I'd say you were close but that fact is the only sticky on this board.
Also, ZSS's voice is wonderful, there aren't enough dusky-voiced femmes in the vidya.

Top Bottom