• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus' Infinite on Diddy Kong

Zero

Smash Hero
I agree with Norad, Yoshi's is worse, it gives Diddy an easier job controlling the stage, with less platform to avoid it.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
But worth your ban? Over FD? Yoshi's kills diddy's nanner lock and forces him to get into the air to grab his nanners every time he wants to get them again, aka juggle bait. You can shield a nanner and not worry about it falling back on you after. I think this is actually one of our better neutrals for the matchup, preinfinite anyways.

noradseven

Smash Lord
YI vs diddy:
pros:
-trickier to control nanners
-YI edge is gay.
-diddy can't do his nanner lock

cons:

-high cieling diddy has an easier time killing horizontally then us.
-small stage size less room for us to get diddy off us, and harder to find a spot to land without a nanner
-our armor pieces work like **** on this stage
-trickier to control nanners

Adapt

Smash Lord
We need moar infinites!

Rob, Wario, and Diddy are all fairly strong characters. If we could just find an easy guaranteed setup into these we'll be laughing

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
We need moar infinites!

Rob, Wario, and Diddy are all fairly strong characters. If we could just find an easy guaranteed setup into these we'll be laughing
Glide-toss > D-smash on Diddy seems pretty easy.
With Wario, couldn't we GR > footstool?
ROB sucks. :(

Adapt

Smash Lord
Glide-toss > D-smash on Diddy seems pretty easy.
With Wario, couldn't we GR > footstool?
ROB sucks. :(
I thought glide-toss>d-smash wasn't quite guaranteed, since a trip supposedly lasts less than 20 frames.
Grabbing a Wario is fairly annoying to do and you can't hold an item while grabbing anyway.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I thought glide-toss>d-smash wasn't quite guaranteed, since a trip supposedly lasts less than 20 frames.
Grabbing a Wario is fairly annoying to do and you can't hold an item while grabbing anyway.
I dunno about the frame stuff for the firsto ne.
And... I forgot about that while posting. ^^,
We could always jump > instant Z-catch > footstool...
Dunno if this actually works though.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
So hey, in teams, this could work on anyone as long as there's a diddy in the game. Viability?

earla

Smash Lord
can someone please explain the exact commands + help me out with timing to do this infinite. cheers

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Down Smash, pick up banana, footstool, down throw on the Diddy, Z catch the banana (when the banan is touching your body, press z to catch it without airdogde) and then throw the banana, Down Smash en repeat..

Setup is Glide Toss > Down Smash.

Zero

Smash Hero
It's actually a little more strict than that, VD.

Downsmash > pick up banana, footstool > throw banana on the LEFT side of Diddy Kong (so that he rolls to the left) > Z catch banana AND throw down at the exact same time OR airdodge catch AND throw down at the exact same time > Downsmash > repeat

zApollo

Smash Ace
I seem to have the hang of this, but without any attempts by the diddy to DI/tech. Will try this with friends to get the timing exact.

EDIT: Would this work with low kb turnips? Or do they disappear during an attempt. I can't think of any other character items that would be valid. The setup would be much more difficult than with diddy however.

Zero

Smash Hero
That was posted quite awhile ago in the GD. But yeah, you can DI out of the upB. You could also do a move out of the falling state after you fall off the platform. It'd be super flashy to pull off in a legit match, but don't expect it to work more than once. Hell, once is all you need to get a sizable advantage and even to win the match.

All ZSS mains should learn this and use it against Diddy.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Also in that vid the Diddy cannot tech because up b at low percents does not cause tumble. He could still DI to avoid the spike though and up b is really really easy to DI

Zero

Smash Hero
Diddy actually can't act before hitting the ground when getting knocked off a platform.
THE MORE YOU KNOW
wut

Are you sure? I thought that only tall characters had this effect since they're technically touching the ground while they "tumble".

zApollo

Smash Ace
When done properly. Which is quite hard to do.
Ugh yeah, it is really difficult to be consistent with the correct jump height and z-catching, I doubt I'll be able to maintain the rhythm under the stress of a legit match. Do you use c-stick for the nana throws? I find using the control stick and a-button much easier.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Ugh yeah, it is really difficult to be consistent with the correct jump height and z-catching, I doubt I'll be able to maintain the rhythm under the stress of a legit match. Do you use c-stick for the nana throws? I find using the control stick and a-button much easier.
Ughh don't make me actually pull out my controller and learn this. Trust me if I can pull off 2 frame tight character specific combos in other games consistently, I can do this.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I could play any ZSS main 10 times and I bet 50$ that they would never land the infinite on me

noradseven

Smash Lord
I could play any ZSS main 10 times and I bet 50$ that they would never land the infinite on me
Its because we are lazy *******s, XD. If I still cared I would learn this, I actually feel its useful unlike the ROB one. There is a diddy main I used to play with, and I could of used an extra leg up.

Top Bottom