• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zenith 2013 - June 1-2 - Morristown NJ - REGISTRATION DEADLINE MAY 28 http://zenith.apex-series.com/

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
pssh. yuengling porter/black and tan is my jam.

if i wanted water that'd get drunk i'd drink keystone. or coors.

and if i wanted to be a stupid little hipster i'd drink pabst.

don't these places have minibars? WE IN

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
HIpsters don't even drink pabst anymore, Pabst is plebian class along with other corn/gasoline flavored water.
It's all about ipas and RIS's/Dipas now.

And now I'll stop talking about this as it is "illegal" on this board

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Here is a TENTATIVE SCHEDULE for SSB64 stuff:

Day 1

9-10 - Check in
11:30 - 64 Singles Pools 1-4
3:30 - 64 Singles Pools 5-8
6:30 - 64 Bracket

Day 2
10-10:30 - 64 Bracket continued, top-4 on STREAM

Keep in mind that this is being worked around a ton of Melee stuff (which I omitted) which is why there's lots of extra time in that schedule.

Also, message from Alex Strife:

Heads up. Deadline for ordering a room for Zenith 2013 is today! It is free to reserve so just order your room so you can be IN THE VENUE the entire weekend.

Hyatt Morristown
Three Headquarters Plaza
Morristown, NJ 07960
Phone: 973.647.1234

clubba and I are getting a room. RIght now we got room for a few more. Additional ssb64 rooms are encouraged. The discounted rate gets you a guest room and free parking for the whole weekend.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Also I'd like to announce that ZENITH 2013 WILL BE AN APEX 2014 QUALIFIER EVENT! This means we will be dishing out seeding points which will count towards your Apex 2014 seeding. There will be additional Apex qualifier events as part of the "Road to Apex" series of tournaments which will occur in several locations around the world.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
The actual tournament won't be closed though right? You would just get a worse see?

Scared I'm not gonna qualify!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Final few hours!

Heads up. Deadline for ordering a room for Zenith 2013 is today! It is free to reserve so just order your room so you can be IN THE VENUE the entire weekend.

Hyatt Morristown
Three Headquarters Plaza
Morristown, NJ 07960
Phone: 973.647.1234

TANK64

Smash Lord
Yeah def easier for NJ due to location/number of good players.
Hell Melee has trouble hosting really big tourneys in FL 'cause location and they've got tons of great players here.

But that's not here nor there.

/hyped for this

Want to see vids :)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Don't worry Tank, you won't be there to record them so videos will be uploaded in a timely manner. ZING

I ain't seen you playing online much. WHAT GIVES BRO?

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
b link convince toronto to go. ybombb real and vwls. do some sweet talking.

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that practically all of nj will be there and i assume a helluva lot from ny. also got md going. check the world map to see who's who i suppose

clubbadubba

Smash Master
seems like from DMV, me and nintendude are confirmed so far. SK will wait until the last day to tell us he isn't going.

The Star King

Smash Hero
seems like from DMV, me and nintendude are confirmed so far. SK will wait until the last day to tell us he isn't going.
Probably true.

I'll just say, much like "innocent until proven guilty"

for me, assume not going until proven going

Battlecow

Play to Win
What do we think about this Illinois

I can go if I sacrifice my left teste to the gods of academia

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
I can go if I sacrifice my left teste to the gods of academia
what is all this about school stuff

do other colleges not get out of class til i've already graduated or something

travel now while you have time, that's what i've been trying to do for the past few years

while i still lack real person responsibilities and ****

Battlecow

Play to Win
I take school pretty seriously; just a function of the kind of undergrad schoolin' I opted for. Normally I'd spend the weekend before finals doing ~16 hours of studying a day in the basement of a library; if I do go to Zenith (something I really hope I can do) I have to find ways to make that up. So it's not quite as easy as it would be if I were living the Asher Roth life.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i guess my perception is skewed cuz i'm at a party school/live with alcoholics/am an english major

however, my point is that zenith is june 1st, at which point most colleges are already two weeks removed of classes, you know?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Alright guys Hotels for Zenith are sold out BUT I got you guys 8 more rooms. In order to get them just hit me up as the the site I used previously does not work anymore. I will set you up and get you hotel space for Zenith 2013!

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
i guess my perception is skewed cuz i'm at a party school/live with alcoholics/am an english major

however, my point is that zenith is june 1st, at which point most colleges are already two weeks removed of classes, you know?
Pretty sure cow is a english major or something like that

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
in my entire collegiate career i have had two finals in english courses. and i completed my major last year - and have been taking two more semesters' worth of classes. how the **** do you study for anything?

unless you're double majoring/have other ****. but i mean, i do nothing but papers...

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm only taking one english class right now, we do core curriculum for like a year or two and then get to take major stuff

some of that studying is also actually paper-writing

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I plan on coming down to this on Thursday night (May 30th). I think I'm going to take a bus to NYC, because my car is about done making these long trips. Anyone in NYC wanna house me that night?

Me, nintendude and greginator also have 1 more guaranteed spot in our hotel room for the 31st to the 2nd. Anyone wanna claim it? Under $100 for 2 nights.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
I'm only taking one english class right now, we do core curriculum for like a year or two and then get to take major stuff

some of that studying is also actually paper-writing
gen ed reqs are weak as hell, but i never took one that was ******** hard. like i wouldn't take chem to fulfill my science...i took biology in society and biomedical issues, wherein he gave us 70% of each exam beforehand, cuz he knew the only people taking the ****ing class were the ones for whom it was a bs req.

but eh. i bang out papers in a night.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Looks like I can go to this.

Also, according to the Tournament Listings thread, Wizzrobe is going. I'm glad to see the BEST Yoshi in Florida is attending.

Top Bottom