• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's model yay or nay?

R0Y

Smash Master
Honestly, I think there are two reasons why they kept the TP design.
1. The personal taste of the game designers.
2. So that we wouldn't have another blonde woman in the cast.

Whether or not she "looks" like a fighter is hardly relevant and probably had no impact on their decision.

I personally love the way she looks in Twilight Princess. I also have no problems with her Skyward Sword design (although I agree she looks better in artwork than she does in-game, mostly because of the Wii's limitations) and would love it if they managed to include it as an alternate costume. She's adorable in her pink outfit and her goddess outfit is quite beautiful. I also like how Zelda's personality differs between games because it signifies that even though they are all connected, they are all still individual people living in different time periods.
Whoa, you're saying that like it's a bad thing.

Seriously though, it could easily be the game designer's taste. After all, We got the most recent Zelda design in Melee and Brawl, why not this time? Designers probably prefer goth Zelda.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's not a bad thing. I just think they wanted more variety in the hair colors of the female characters, and Zelda is pretty much the only option since Peach and Rosalina have to be blonde.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I guess it's because of Ganondorf, as he doesn't appears in Skyward Sword. And somewhat Sheik. Like Link and Zelda, they share an art style, even if Sheik's one is only a concept art.

But I think it is also a good thing that Zelda is not a blonde. I'm not against blondes (absolutely not :awesome:) but it add some variety to the female cast.

Edit: Greninja'd.

Last edited:

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
So glad that they didn't use Zelda's Skyward Sword model. In my opinion, her Twilight Princess model is her best look yet, and even better in HD. :grin:

The Aura in Me

Smash Rookie
The twilight princess model is by far my favorite. It looks way better than the rest of her models. Actually i like all the chracter models in twilight princess.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Yeah, my preference for blonde SS Zelda aside, her model still looks damn amazing. Dem eyes.

Last edited:

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
tumblr_myf35zXMmZ1sntotwo2_1280.jpg

Is anyone bothered by the fact that they they failed to add Zelda's blonde streaks(yet again)-this really bothered me in brawl?

*Also interesting to note that they used the shape of Skyward Sword Zelda's eyes as opposed to Twilight Princess.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm torn.

The TP design is actually my favorite, but for the purposes of strictly Smash4, I was hoping we would get her SS design instead. Same with Link.

I'm hoping that her SS design, her OoT design and her Hyrule Warriors design are all implemented as alternate costumes, but I'm 99% sure that that won't happen.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
View attachment 16419

Is anyone bothered by the fact that they they failed to add Zelda's blonde streaks(yet again)-this really bothered me in brawl?

*Also interesting to note that they used the shape of Skyward Sword Zelda's eyes as opposed to Twilight Princess.
They don't look like blonde streaks, more like an effect of shininess on her hair. That's just what I see.

Last edited:

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
She looks like a korean bred with a northern europe cutie pie.

Which is down right cute and adorable. Best Smash 4 Girl. If you disagree then you subjectively and objectively have bad taste.

Would Smash

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX

Which is down right cute and adorable. Best Smash 4 Girl. If you disagree then you subjectively and objectively have bad taste.

Would Smash
It's true, she's adorable in a non-conventional way. People can stick to their basic blondes, but Zelly is the girl for us.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Zelda Vs Zelda.jpg

Twilight Princess Zelda looks so much better than SSBB Zelda, Blonde Streaks are much better then the boring matte brown hair.

SSB4 model is obviously way better than brawl but they need to add those streaks back for that twilight princess flair. Its what made Zelda look bad ass in TP.

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
View attachment 16497
Twilight Princess Zelda looks so much better than SSBB Zelda, Blonde Streaks are much better then the boring matte brown hair.

SSB4 model is obviously way better than brawl but they need to add those streaks back for that twilight princess flair. Its what made Zelda look bad *** in TP.
Oh I agree that TP Zelda is better than brawl Zelda, sorry I wasn't specific, when I said smash I meant smash 4. I like smash4 Zelda more than TP Zelda.

R0Y

Smash Master

Would Smash
Why are you bringing race into this? Also, women, especially fake women made of polygons, aren't bred like dogs or pieces or meat.

Assuming you're serious, which judging by your avatar and sig you are, let's give this a go... Blue eyes are a recessive trait, so it's very unlikely. Her high cheekbones and square chin wouldn't be likely either. Let's not even get into the elf ears which are impossible everywhere but are a fixture in European mythology.

She's just a made up European-looking elfin (in this case, Hylian) creature with a European-esque kingdom. She's impossible, and if she actually was meant to be a real person who could somehow use magic she would probably be Japanese. I'm assuming you're Korean?

Last edited:

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Why are you bringing race into this? Also, women, especially fake women made of polygons, aren't bred like dogs or pieces or meat.

Assuming you're serious, which judging by your avatar and sig you are, let's give this a go... Blue eyes are a recessive trait, so it's very unlikely. Her high cheekbones and square chin wouldn't be likely either. Let's not even get into the elf ears which are impossible everywhere but are a fixture in European mythology.

She's just a made up European-looking elfin (in this case, Hylian) creature with a European-esque kingdom. She's impossible, and if she actually was meant to be a real person who could somehow use magic she would probably be Japanese. I'm assuming you're Korean?
Dude you're way too serious, like seriously?
Ever heard of a model? Yea. Well they have those features.
He was simply making an observation that Zelda looked good, and you look like an idiot.

tumblr_static_blank_title_white_transparent.png

And she does have a South Koran/Nordic influence- which does make for a very unconventional beauty.
But at the end of the day "she" is just polygons so who cares (Can't believe I put time into arguing this)

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Dude you're way too serious, like seriously?
Ever heard of a model? Yea. Well they have those features.
He was simply making an observation that Zelda looked good, and you look like an idiot.

View attachment 16513
Ever heard of a model? Yeah, well they can't avoid genetics.

Did I touch a nerve? Ahhh...personal collection image I see...not surprised. Let me guess, the folder is titled "girls who sort of look like my polygonal fantasy"?

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Ever heard of a model? Yeah, well they can't avoid genetics.

Did I touch a nerve? Ahhh...personal collection image I see...not surprised. Let me guess, the folder is titled "girls who sort of look like my polygonal fantasy"?
You're an Idiot. And no I simply did a 5 second google search for Evangeline Lily (She plays Tauriel in the Hobbit) and then looked up south korean model and within 3 seconds found the other pic.

And what you said about models doesn't make sense, are you sad that Zelda actually has features reminiscent of real women (albeit a select few)

You should reflect upon your own idiocy.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Warning Received
(Can't believe I put time into arguing this)

...You didn't argue anything, you just flamed because I pointed out that you're a lonely basement dweller. It's okay son. Evangeline Lily is white and the other model is Koran, please understand. Them mixed together would look nothing like Zelda, btw just for interest's sake, neither has blue eyes. Very few Eurasian people keep traits like that. You're talking about next-to-impossible genetic variations.

Zelda is a bunch of polygons dude and is designed to look like a friggin' elf...

Enjoy being on the block list of someone clearly more intelligent than you.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Alright, both of you are flaming each other, drop the argument.

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman

You assumptions on my race are wrong.

if I replied seriously this thread would get derailed harder than a inebriated Ozzy Osbourne on a crazy train.

Long story short. I find her design the best female design in the game. Reminds me of russian, meets korean girl with elf sprinkles on top. also in the foul depths of my mind lies a 14 year who wishes she was real so he could smash that. The 22 year old part of me thinks she is just adoribibble.

...You didn't argue anything, you just flamed because I pointed out that you're a lonely basement dweller. It's okay son. Evangeline Lily is white and the other model is Koran, please understand. Them mixed together would look nothing like Zelda, btw just for interest's sake, neither has blue eyes. Very few Eurasian people keep traits like that. You're talking about next-to-impossible genetic variations.

Zelda is a bunch of polygons dude and is designed to look like a friggin' elf...

Enjoy being on the block list of someone clearly more intelligent than you.

Alright, both of you are flaming each other, drop the argument.
This post has been edited,This isn't worth getting banned for.

But rest assured If I had not edited this post the amount of #REKT would have been so great they would have had to call in FEMA
Actually not really but 10 out of 10 R0Y. Got me to reply

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Now lets talk about this Zelda:

Hyrule Warriors is throwing out some of the best designs the franchise has ever seen. I may even like this design more than the one in Smash4. Whatever the case, they are clearly my favorite two designs.

Last edited:

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Hyrule Warriors isn't even out yet, and the design for Zelda in that is already my second favourite out of every game Zelda has been featured in. It's even better how it looks like a mix between TP and SS Zelda.

Plus, I believe Sakurai used TP Zelda again for Smash instead of her SS model because she'd be too similar to Peach, due to the blonde cuteness. And as @Foojin said, it would be blonde overkill if SS Zelda was included also.

Last edited:

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I think you'd have to be kind of blind to mistake Skyward Sword Zelda for Peach.
And don't cite that they'd both be wearing pink as a reason because it worked just fine in melee. Plus Zelda is blonde
in every game- except for one. Realistically, this will probably be the last Smash game with a brunette Zelda, unless Zelda U uses a brunette character model.

As for blonde overkill- yea maybe, but they could just give Zelda an alt brown hair costume swap. Cuz Zelda is blonde.

tumblr_mrjb25CpEV1suwf50o1_250.gif
SS Zelda is the best.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I like the Hyrule Warrior design as well, hopefully that will be an alternate costume.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
*Slow Claps
tumblr_m6gxmq28IS1ru420jo1_250.gif

ah yes! The 1980's when every nintendo character had red hair.

Zelda is almost always blonde. By next game she will probably be blonde again and the brunette Zelda in smash will go the way of the dodo bird.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Im okay with TP Zelda being the main model. But at the same time I hope for a cool alternate costume like Skyward Sword Zelda or Hyrule Warriors Zelda. Instead we are getting that blue dress blonde Zelda that is a reference to Link to the Past, which is "meh".

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Trust me, this place looks messy but it's alright compared with other Smash 4 boards *coughcoughGreninjaMegaman*.

it's tedious to even try to tidy it up.
I guess I'll just close everything related to pre-release and speculations the very day the game comes out.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I don't typically like the "pretty pink princess" trend, so I wasn't sure how I felt about Zelda's design in Hyrule Warriors. However, it's growing on me. I still favor the Twilight Princess design, but Hyrule Warriors Zelda is probably my second favorite.

I hear there are alternate costumes in Hyrule Warriors. I'm curious to see what her costumes will look like.

I sincerely doubt any of Hyrule Warriors' designs will make it into Smash, though.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule Warriors design isn't really a pretty pink princess trope. She's a warrior.
Zelda wears pink in every game except for TP so I don't understand why people complain when by next smash she will likely revert back to her Blonde and Pink model.

And who cares if she is pink simply use an alt color, if that's what you prefer.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I personally think that the purple/ brunette combo makes TP zelda look unique, elegant and regal. I actually liked the SS design, it suited her cute, kind personality. However I do think TP does fit the idea of a fighter, Zelda in SS didn't really have the same feel. I don't mind if she's blond or pink, it just makes it all the more awesome when you land a lightning kick.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I personally prefer Brunette and Purple Zelda myself, looks more unique

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
She does look very unique, and as brunette myself I like her (a lot), TP zelda is my favorite Zelda but I don't think we should hate on the SS model for being blond and pink.
I thought she was kind of cute....

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
But the point is she will most likely revert back to being blonde and pink next iteration of SSB because they can't endlessly recycle the TP character model- I guess they could but that would just suck.

Plus TP Zelda is easily one of the worst incarnations of the series. Her whole role in TP is a giant plot hole. She gets the poopy character award of the decade.
zelda_by_timtam13-d5ohpu2.gif

SS Zelda is the best

Last edited:
Top Bottom