• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Forums dead?

Maxwell Too Swell

Smash Apprentice
^ This is true.

Also, I think Zelda handles that MU rather well. I think it's our best high tier matchup. (Though it's probably 65:35 or something...)
Really? I've never heard anyone say it's her BEST high tier match up...

I think she handles it okay, but I honestly think she does better against Jigglypuff or Peach. It's debatable I guess. Regardless, I still like fighting Falco a lot.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
That's more of my personal feel, but I can believe that she does better against Peach. I just like wrecking Falcos more. Zelda combos him better than she does Peach, I think. But Zelda and Peach have similar traits, so it makes sense that she can keep up with Peach. But turnips kind of place Zelda in a pretty bad position.

Jiggs/Zelda...I don't think anyone plays that MU...

Maxwell Too Swell

Smash Apprentice
That's more of my personal feel, but I can believe that she does better against Peach. I just like wrecking Falcos more. Zelda combos him better than she does Peach, I think. But Zelda and Peach have similar traits, so it makes sense that she can keep up with Peach. But turnips kind of place Zelda in a pretty bad position.

Jiggs/Zelda...I don't think anyone plays that MU...
The only real combo Zelda has on Peach is anything more than 2 kicks. I got a triple kick on a Peach at the tournament I went to over the weekend.

The jiggs/Zelda MU is fun in my opinion. It's slow and requires precise spacing, but it's fun because the punishment for failure is so intense for either.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I would much prefer to fight a peach over a falco

and the Zelda/puff MU is boring imo, and a bit of an uphill battle for zelda but still one of her better MUs among higher tiered characters

Wake

Smash Master
The only real combo Zelda has on Peach is anything more than 2 kicks. I got a triple kick on a Peach at the tournament I went to over the weekend.

The jiggs/Zelda MU is fun in my opinion. It's slow and requires precise spacing, but it's fun because the punishment for failure is so intense for either.
I saw the triple kick. It was funny. Poor Peach... why'd you gotta do that to the only other Peach player there?!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Blah, Peach. I like her and all (I'm a Peach main), but she's kinda annoying to fight. Turnips and downsmash and things.

Wouldn't Jigglypuff just need to bair? I feel like that move can just out-do anything Zelda tried.

GOTM

Smash Champion
who's considered the top zelda player right now? i'm mainly talking about people who main her and use her in tournament consistently.

i know people like ryoko/mow have good zeldas, but they either dont play anymore or didnt really use her in tournament.

aka, whos the person i should look up to and start to learn her through vids and ****, lol

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Cosmo and TheLake are both really good. Zone is good, but I don't know how many vids he has up, or if he plays her that much...

Those are the really good ones I know. If you try looking through Youtube, you'll get more Zeldas that don't play competitively than those who do, but a lot of the people who still bother to comment in here are fairly skilled with Zelda, from vids that I've seen, anyways.

GOTM

Smash Champion
lakes def. good i've played him like 3 times in tourney i think, haha. our matches were always close but to be fair i played fox not zelda, so he *****.

i havent seen much of cosmo but i saw a vid of zone playing plairnkk and he did fairly well for it being planks shiek which is pretty good (gay)

im def. gonna officially start playing her in tourney though. ive been using her in tournament but only teams. at are any of you guys going to rom 4? i'd love to get some matches and learn some stuff about this little *****

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Based on the most recently zelda videos I've seen (which aren't very recent actually), I think Cosmo's got the top spot with the Lake at a very close 2nd. Haven't seen any Zone videos that I can remember atm, but I know he's good. Mow's legit as well

GOTM

Smash Champion
Cosmo is scary good...

:phone:
I watched a lot of his videos yesterday. His set vs. Darkrain is very entertaining to watch, and he did very well.

However, it seems at first glance like "The Zone" fits my play style a little bit better. He seems quicker and a bit more aggressive.

Top Bottom