• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's alt costumes

micstar615

Smash Ace
View attachment 19181
Almost got it down.

I think all we'll get is SS, I don't see Hilda happening considering the new purple Zelda. Hyrule Warriors Zelda is not going to happen because it's not from a "Zelda" game, and OoT alt looks like it was replaced by purple Zelda. I feel that SS Zelda is supposed to fill the "pink" Zelda gap.
I agree, I'm fairly certain we'll get SS Zelda :/ hopefully we'll get another one as well -.- who knows? They might release a Hyrule Warriors DLC costume pack (I know it's unlikely, but I can dream? :3)

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Maybe alt costumes should come with the amiibos. Idk.

However I don't believe a Hyrule Warriors outfit would ever be a possibility, because it's not from a Zelda game.
Also, she doesn't really wear a traditional Zelda style outfit so they would probably need a whole new model for her.

micstar615

Smash Ace

However I don't believe a Hyrule Warriors outfit would ever be a possibility, because it's not from a Zelda game.
Also, she doesn't really wear a traditional Zelda style outfit so they would probably need a whole new model for her.
That could work, who knows? I could see them making amiibo figures with alternate costumes, not sure if I'd be ok with that financially but I could see them doing it xD

Wouldn't they also need a whole new model for a SS alt? All her and TP Zelda have in common are the boots iirc :/ And I don't know if Hyrule Warriors not being a Zelda game matters, it is one of their biggest 2014 releases next to Smash, so I could see them releasing a DLC costume pack or something to promote Hyrule Warriors, but honestly who knows? As a Zelda fan, I'd love if she got more than one costume, there's too many good ones -.-

Last edited:

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
That could work, who knows? I could see them making amiibo figures with alternate costumes, not sure if I'd be ok with that financially but I could see them doing it xD

Wouldn't they also need a whole new model for a SS alt? All her and TP Zelda have in common are the boots iirc :/ And I don't know if Hyrule Warriors not being a Zelda game matters, it is one of their biggest 2014 releases next to Smash, so I could see them releasing a DLC costume pack or something to promote Hyrule Warriors, but honestly who knows? As a Zelda fan, I'd love if she got more than one costume, there's too many good ones -.-
I think we're expecting something like this…

Not a true alt costume. But i'm content with it. Yea, I mean it's possible idk what they've said in regards to DLC but It would be a great way to subtly (or not so subtly) advertise HW. But I think we're being biased because we're Zelda fans.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
I think we're expecting something like this…

Not a true alt costume. But i'm content with it. Yea, I mean it's possible idk what they've said in regards to DLC but It would be a great way to subtly (or not so subtly) advertise HW. But I think we're being biased because we're Zelda fans.
Lmao we are being totally biased :p but I mean come on...it's justified....she's freakin Zelda! *fanboys alone for 5 minutes*.

And yeah I think a palette swap kind of thing is likely...but me wants an actual alternate costume :/ that palette swap isn't bad looking though

Last edited:

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Lmao we are being totally biased :p but I mean come on...it's justified....she's freakin Zelda! *fanboys alone for 5 minutes*.

And yeah I think a palette swap kind of thing is likely...but me wants an actual alternate costume :/ that palette swap isn't bad looking though
Haha yea. Well atm we have only 4 confirmed costumes so maybe the next 2 will be something special?

Prob SS and one other…..hopefully not the green costume because that would be disspointing.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I don't have much to add but I've been lurking here and I love all the ideas/photoshops you all did. :)
Makes me excited for what they really do.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
We can't completely dismiss the HW costume as an alt just because it's not from an actual Zelda game. We have no idea what sakurai is doing with the game, maybe he likes her HW design so he decided to put it in the game. You never know. I do think it's unlikely though.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Haha yea. Well atm we have only 4 confirmed costumes so maybe the next 2 will be something special?

Prob SS and one other…..hopefully not the green costume because that would be disspointing.
I always liked the green dress...
I also liked the blue/gray one because Sheik had a sweet red scarf that went with it and if I was going to play as Sheik, you bet I wanted that red scarf.
upload_2014-7-24_5-59-55.jpeg

But I also like the red one on Zelda because the conspicuous lack of gloves. I would also like to point out that the, red, blue, and black palettes completely dye the dress while the purple and green ones don't. Maybe we should keep this in mind as we're discussing the alts? I don't know if would matter. Just keep it in mind.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
We can't completely dismiss the HW costume as an alt just because it's not from an actual Zelda game. We have no idea what sakurai is doing with the game, maybe he likes her HW design so he decided to put it in the game. You never know. I do think it's unlikely though.
This game seems full of promotion anyway, I don't see what's wrong with advertising hyrule warriors in smash a little. And also zelda needs a real costume not just a palette swap and considering link's SS is a palette zelda's will probably be too

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
This game seems full of promotion anyway, I don't see what's wrong with advertising hyrule warriors in smash a little. And also zelda needs a real costume not just a palette swap and considering link's SS is a palette zelda's will probably be too
The only problem I see is that Hyrule Warriors came into development to late for an costume to be seen in smash besides the extension of DLC. So if SS is just a palette than what will be the actual costume change?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
If we take the SS Zelda, a costume is more plausible than a palette swap to me.

SS Zelda and TP Zelda of differencies... While SS Link is just Link with long sleeves and no hat. I actually think that it was a good thing to make it a palette, a nice reference, while there's liberties taken to make it more "battle ready".

So because Link have a palette swap doesn't necessary means that Zelda will too.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
If we take the SS Zelda, a costume is more plausible than a palette swap to me.

SS Zelda and TP Zelda of differencies... While SS Link is just Link with long sleeves and no hat. I actually think that it was a good thing to make it a palette, a nice reference, while there's liberties taken to make it more "battle ready".

So because Link have a palette swap doesn't necessary means that Zelda will too.
Either way we'll get something SS Zelda related.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
The Super Mario Franchise is one big giant spinoff (Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Golf, Super Mario bros, ect….)
Zelda is much more different.

Right now we have 4 costumes confirmed:
  1. Default Zelda
  2. Purple/ Blonde Zelda
  3. Red Zelda
  4. Blue Zelda
Now there are two costumes missing the pink and the green.

Suspiciously we have the OoT alt removed, so most likely SS Alt will replace the standard "pink" costume, and green has been around forever and will likely be re-added.

Our new pallet swap/ alt costume will probably be SS.

Hyrule Warriors Zelda while cool, probably won't happen. Unless they are raising the amount of costumes for each character which I don't see as very likely for Zelda.

We have no idea when this started development, it could've been years for all we know
Yes, but why would SSB4 design Team be in contact with HW design team?

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
The Super Mario Franchise is one big giant spinoff (Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Golf, Super Mario bros, ect….)
Zelda is much more different.

Right now we have 4 costumes confirmed:
  1. Default Zelda
  2. Purple/ Blonde Zelda
  3. Red Zelda
  4. Blue Zelda
Now there are two costumes missing the pink and the green.

Suspiciously we have the OoT alt removed, so most likely SS Alt will replace the standard "pink" costume, and green has been around forever and will likely be re-added.

Our new pallet swap/ alt costume will probably be SS.

Hyrule Warriors Zelda while cool, probably won't happen. Unless they are raising the amount of costumes for each character which I don't see as very likely for Zelda.

Yes, but why would SSB4 design Team be in contact with HW design team?
I have to agree with you, I highly doubt we're going to get a Hyrule Warriors alt, for many reasons that you've mostly stated. It seems unlikely. Granted nothing is impossible.
So we know we'll get SS Zelda and possibly green Zelda. I believe Sakurai has stated that in terms of 3D models everything is basically done by this point (I think they're just touching up by now, in preparation of the Japan release), he might have hid some costumes during the direct but I think what we see is what we're going to get, unless there's a punch coming from the far left that we haven't seen I think this list is correct:
1. Default Zelda
2. Purple Zelda
3. Red Zelda
4. Blue Zelda
5. SS Zelda
6. Green Zelda/ dark Zelda

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think there will be more than six colors for each character now.
Zelda's always had six, why would it change now? I think there will be a surprise reveal with SS, and then Sakurai is throwing in the hat with her.

There are 36 characters right now if it's six costumes per character that's 216 alt costumes, and i'm sure we're expecting some more reveals (Ganondorf, Ness, ect..)

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Zelda had five palette in Melee...

I really hope that stupid limit of 6 palette from Brawl is gone. With Mario gaining not one but two palette, I think it's likely that the 6 limit is not here now. Palettes are just textures, with some exceptions (Wireframe Mac for example, have a Cell shaded look).

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Zelda had five palette in Melee...

I really hope that stupid limit of 6 palette from Brawl is gone. With Mario gaining not one but two palette, I think it's likely that the 6 limit is not here now. Palettes are just textures, with some exceptions (Wireframe Mac for example, have a Cell shaded look).
Hmmm I don't know. If it's increasing by one then perhaps we'll see seven? That fits Dark Zelda in.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, I can see all of Mario's palette returning (they all mean something, except for the green one... But I guess it's going to be necessary as the WiiU doesn't have outlines.) so it makes 8 palettes for Mario.

I'm maybe too optimistic, but it's something I can see happen on a lot of characters. Well, except Pikachu. He always had only 3 hats :troll:

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Well, I can see all of Mario's palette returning (they all mean something, except for the green one... But I guess it's going to be necessary as the WiiU doesn't have outlines.) so it makes 8 palettes for Mario.

I'm maybe too optimistic, but it's something I can see happen on a lot of characters. Well, except Pikachu. He always had only 3 hats :troll:
I'll leave it as an optimistic seven, i'm not hoping for too much. :p

The 4 colours have to stay for team mode—which confirms green then.

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I really want Hyrule Warriors Zelda as an alt even though it might not happen. :/ Like, look how badass she looks!
I know it's very unlikely, but I also really like her look from Hyrule Warriors. If there was an alternate costume I would hope it magically be this one. Though Hilda seems popluar I must apologize since I didn't play the game with Hilda in it >_<

Don't kill me for that.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I know it's very unlikely, but I also really like her look from Hyrule Warriors. If there was an alternate costume I would hope it magically be this one. Though Hilda seems popluar I must apologize since I didn't play the game with Hilda in it >_<

Don't kill me for that.
If you have a 3DS, I suggest A Link Between Worlds, it's fairly easy (until you get lost in the shadow temple) and it's a really good play. I beat it in about three days, tops which is the shortest time it has ever taken me to beat a Legend of Zelda game. Twilight Princess is really slow, even with my perfected mastery of it I'll still be playing for three hours and be halfway through the first temple.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Hilda is likely, she's in the same boat as Midna was.
At least HW Zelda is actually Zelda.

Still I expect the final 3 costumes to be green, black(Dark Zelda), and pink(SS).

Last edited:

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
I don't think Hilda is likely, she's in the same boat as Midna was.
At least HW Zelda is actually Zelda.

Still I expect the final 3 costumes to be green, black(Dark Zelda), and pink(SS).
That's the problem isn't it?
I hope Sakurai or his team noticed Hilda and said : Hey! we should totally add this costume!
Smae goes for Ravio and AlbW Link for Toon Link.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
That's the problem isn't it?
I hope Sakurai or his team noticed Hilda and said : Hey! we should totally add this costume!
Smae goes for Ravio and AlbW Link for Toon Link.
I think Katty Shepherd said that all 3d models have been finalized or something. Idk though considering we have Purple/blonde zelda i'd say her chances are slim.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
I think Katty Shepherd said that all 3d models have been finalized or something. Idk though considering we have Purple/blonde zelda i'd say her chances are slim.
That's great! except... that doesn't mean the chances are slim as AlbW has been out for a while now...
so depending on when they were finalized... I can't say with any certainty that it is slimmer than usual.
Her alt/palette already has a slim chance anyway :p

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
But hilda is basically zelda, except in a alternate universe
Key word there, her name is Hilda. I can practically confirm we're not getting a Hilda alt, I'm 99% sure. Considering her purple colour was taken and the fact that she isn't Zelda, plus Midna didn't make it in when brawl was around and Hilda's way less popular than Midna.

Maybe just maybe theres some hope that she'll replace dark Zelda but I'm not betting on it…at all.

Last edited:

f u j i n

Banned via Warnings
Zelda ending up being such a flop in smash 4 so far that all anyone has to talk about is what alternate outfits she might have and how she looks in Hyrule Warriors.

Mess.

Good thing I'm team Shiek now.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Zelda ending up being such a flop in smash 4 so far that all anyone has to talk about is what alternate outfits she might have and how she looks in Hyrule Warriors.

Mess.

Correct! Great input and observations! :facepalm:
kQ4OLts.gif

Last edited:

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867

I really like the idea of Amiibos coming with extra costumes. It's like a little bonus for each character.

If thats the case I'll be definitely collecting them all. :joyful:

P.J.☆

Smash Rookie
Ocarina of Time costume pls. I need high heels to land extra strong lightning kicks!

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

Mess.

Oh no you didn't.

Top Bottom