• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
If I read it correctly, the 50k seal is essentially a +5 Darting Blow? Or is it just for SPD related skills? If so I'll pass.
it literally only works for watersweep/windsweep lol

it doesn't actually give +5 to your spd stat, it only acts as if your spd were 5 higher if you/your opponent are/is using one of those 2 skills

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, just watched the Splatoon 2 direct. Well, parts of it. I cannot see Pearl without thinking of Yolandi Visser of Die Antwoord for some reason and the only reason I know of Die Antwoord is because of the film trailers for Chappie. I think it's the white "hair" and her really short bangs. Maybe her outfit too. Marina reminds me of someone or something, but I can't think of who or what. Of the two, I think I like Marina the best and no, it has nothing to do with her sharing the name as Marina Diamandis. Maybe... :p

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
it literally only works for watersweep/windsweep lol

it doesn't actually give +5 to your spd stat, it only acts as if your spd were 5 higher if you/your opponent are/is using one of those 2 skills
I wonder, does it only grant the speed buff when the skill is in effect, or is it just a constant buff when the skill is equipped? For example, a Windsweep Alm attacking a Klein. Would the speed buff be activated because Alm has Windsweep equipped, or would it not activate because Windsweep isn't in effect?

The only reason Dive Meta exists is because the Defense Heroes can't do their job well enough to actually deal with the Dive Meta. OOPST.
That doesn't make sense though.

That implies that defense heroes were the ones that always kept dive comps in check prior to this, which isn't true. It's just that through the past couple of patch changes of buffs to the heroes run in dive, Dva defense matrix, and nerfs to the problems dive had to face, Ana dmg and burst heals, it just naturally found its way from an uncommon, risky playstyle to the strongest way to play rn.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Waiting an eternity for this Tetris race at GDQ. It's supposed to be hype.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
That doesn't make sense though.

That implies that defense heroes were the ones that always kept dive comps in check prior to this, which isn't true. It's just that through the past couple of patch changes of buffs to the heroes run in dive, Dva defense matrix, and nerfs to the problems dive had to face, Ana dmg and burst heals, it just naturally found its way from an uncommon, risky playstyle to the strongest way to play rn.
Dive Meta was there, 3 tank meta was stronger is all. 3 tanks could never die thanks to Ana, so they could dive all they wanted to - they wouldn't get through without taking out the 2 key targets first. Mercy's buffs also helped her make dive stronger by staying alive long enough to use Rez and then continue to heal.

Now that the 3 tank meta is officially dethroned (well, was months ago), Dive has no competition. It's been slowly on the rise ever since, and the addition of Sombra made it even stronger (as she got the few QoL changes too). Then they added Doomfist which will undoubtedly make dive even stronger than it is now.

Dive Meta was there, 3 tank meta was stronger is all. 3 tanks could never die thanks to Ana, so they could dive all they wanted to - they wouldn't get through without taking out the 2 key targets first. Mercy's buffs also helped her make dive stronger by staying alive long enough to use Rez and then continue to heal.

Now that the 3 tank meta is officially dethroned (well, was months ago), Dive has no competition. It's been slowly on the rise ever since, and the addition of Sombra made it even stronger (as she got the few QoL changes too). Then they added Doomfist which will undoubtedly make dive even stronger than it is now.
Some of the things you listed are tech picks for dive and not dive itself though.

Like Mercy is normally a liability in dive unless it's running Pharah (tech pick) on like Oasis.
Or how Sombra is a tech pick for teams on a 2cp map; though she is seeing use on hybrid and oasis (university)

Triple tank was also still being played fairly often up until the hog changes, though not to its former strength.

There are also some contrasting viewpoints regarding Doomfist and his impact he will have when he releases. From what I've seen and heard, popular theorycraft says that Doomfist will enable dive and usher in an even harsher envirronment; whereas early scrims seem to point in the opposite direction. From what MA's experiences are, they say that Doomfist synergizes great with Zarya in a triple-tank comp and that he's clunky in to run dive. All in all, it's hard to say for sure especially since he, and others, are still subject to change up until his arrival on the live servers.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
If anyone wants the full version of the final Tempest map's music:
It's a gud choice, it's what I currently have set as the map theme in Echoes.

Doomfist and Zarya are absolutely perfect for each other that it could be a scarier combo than Pharmercy. Doomfist jumps in and punches stuff, he builds up shields, Zarya bubbles him and she gets energy while DF is able to build up MORE shields, and DF will have up to 400 HP when the bubble runs out which should be enough until Zarya bubbles him again. Plus their ults combo perfectly together as well, and it can't be stopped with a Rein/Winston/Orisa barrier.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Green Mario mains. How's everyone doing? :4luigi:

Been out shopping today just to get some essentials, and I tried out Shantae yesterday in Blaster Master Zero. She is really fun, she has the ability to transform into one of the enemies, Monkey and Elephant depending on whether you're inside a cave or in the main area. Plus, just like Gunvolt and Ekoro she doesn't take fall damage. This is what I love about Master Blaster Zero's DLC, all the characters feel completely different from one another.

Jason cannot fall from great heights but he has a wide array of weapon powerups and sub weapons.

Gunvolt has the highest jump in the game, can wall jump (So you can get certain powerups earlier) and tag enemies with his shots, electrocute them and even use his Special Skills he had in the main games. But is terrible underwater.

Ekoro can fly for a short time, can capture enemies and make them temporary satellites for a short time and I believe she can even go over spikes with her flying kick.

Shantae does not have a projectile as her main weapon (She does however have some as her sub weapons), but she can transform into either a mobile sentry, monkey (Main Area only) and elephant (Underground Area only).

We'll sadly have to wait for Shovel Knight to come out next month, but I have a feeling he'll play just like Shantae except he'll have severe knockback when he gets hit. But out of the characters, I think Gunvolt ironically is the hardest character to use, sure having an amazing jump and wall jump ability allows you to break the game and even hover for a while is great. But when it comes to fighting bosses, underwater sections (Area 5), certain terrain like ice blocks and rooms with tons of enemies; he really struggles.

Also, speaking of INTI Creates, I went and bought myself Mighty Gunvolt Burst thanks to Vinny's archived stream of him playing against the final boss.

The final boss is a memelord/streamer. :secretkpop:
Even has stream text slide across the screen with some being: "DIS GON B GUD" and "OwO WHAT'S THIS??"

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
If anyone wants the full version of the final Tempest map's music:
It's a gud choice, it's what I currently have set as the map theme in Echoes.

Doomfist and Zarya are absolutely perfect for each other that it could be a scarier combo than Pharmercy. Doomfist jumps in and punches stuff, he builds up shields, Zarya bubbles him and she gets energy while DF is able to build up MORE shields, and DF will have up to 400 HP when the bubble runs out which should be enough until Zarya bubbles him again. Plus their ults combo perfectly together as well, and it can't be stopped with a Rein/Winston/Orisa barrier.
Sad that it wasn't Berkut's theme but it wouldn't be the same without Berkut there
Pray for Berkut GHB with his theme in it

Also, it seems that as long as Camus or Cecilia have their special charged, they can both double and take Lunatic Celica. Which is good because I don't wanna sacrifice my healer for another blue unit

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Girl, a glass of wine is the best. I strongly prefer it over liquor, and it's much better than beer (which is basically piss lol).
I meant to reply to this earlier I promise
I think it's just alcohol in general, I don't like the burn. Although that's just a guess since wine is the only type of alcoholic drink that I've had, I never had any beer despite being in Germany for 2 weeks :p

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I meant to reply to this earlier I promise
I think it's just alcohol in general, I don't like the burn. Although that's just a guess since wine is the only type of alcoholic drink that I've had, I never had any beer despite being in Germany for 2 weeks :p
Fruity drinks are really good and I would highly recommend them

I drank for the first time a few weeks ago when I went to Quebec City, and everything I ordered while I was there was super good. I suggest trying something like a pina colada, mojito, appletini, etc. if you're interested in trying a drink that doesn't really taste like alcohol

i guess it's worth mentioning that the best drink i had while there was an amaretto sour, but idk if that's a widespread thing. if you see it on a menu, definitely order it

never try whiskey, though. it's vile and will make you want to die

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Welp, gonna be in the hospital for a few days to have a pesky thing removed. Pls hold back all discussions of husbandos and baras until I get back in a few days kthnxbye.

:secretkpop:

Or just tag me in all the posts regarding husbandos/baras so I can easily see them when I get back. Jajajaja~

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Does anybody feel a difference in the tempest trials?
I feel like losing a team is almost trivial it’s easy to get a 1.5 modifier If u sacrifice ur first team.

:150:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I feel like losing a team is almost trivial it’s easy to get a 1.5 modifier If u sacrifice ur first team.

Well, it helps that the Echoes maps have defense tiles and they're not as annoying as the Awakening ones, especially the stupid colosseum and whatever Virion's map is called with the dumb tree in the middle. Maybe the Fear Mountain will be annoying, but even then, defense tiles can help, and it just feels easier to move around. Same thing can be said with the last map, apparently Berkut's map?, where there's more space in the center than with the previous map that was basically a hallway of death.

The weird thing I think you can get about the same amount of points doing 5 maps on hard and 5 on lunatic if you use a bonus unit somewhere along the way. There might be a 10 to 20 point difference, but ~320 points and on an easier difficulty and less headaches? Sure.

Anyway, either I got really unlucky or this is actually true with arena. First couple of runs for this week, I cobbled together a team with 4* Reinhardt and Sharena and 3* Legion and Sophia. That's usually lower than what I run; usually, I have three 4* units. Apparently, dropping from the usual lead me to encounter basically scum. Takumi everywhere and 5* units at around level 30 to 34. What the hell. Sophia annoyed me, I swapped her with 3* Raigh, and I only managed to get 3,300k before I said screw it and swapped Raigh out for 3* Navarre and suddenly, I'm back to fighting stuff that feels more normal and I got a score of 3,700k, about normal to the 3,500k I tend to get. Takumi shows up every now and again, but stuff seems much more reasonable like before. It's like at the very high end of arena, it's full of whales and/or heavily optimized teams -- never encountered and don't want to encounter -- and at the lower end, it's full of I guess whales who haven't gotten their units leveled up enough. Maybe I just got unlucky.

Also, the SP weekend bonus means a lot of SP with the trials. Pretty neat, except I don't really know what I'm going to do with all the SP for some of the characters.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Welp, gonna be in the hospital for a few days to have a pesky thing removed. Pls hold back all discussions of husbandos and baras until I get back in a few days kthnxbye.
Wut kind of thing? Appendix, tonsils, tell us gorl

I mean, I barely played the first Tempest but I'm enjoying this one a lot more. Not sure how losing your team affects you this time because I haven't lost any teams yet :p.
But for reference, my final score last time was 736 iirc, I'm at 4,410 right now. I may or may not be doing all of this for Phantom Speed I'm not going for a 41 speed Windsweep or anything like that if that's what you're thinking. Baka.

Also not entirely related to the Tempest but why tf is Lucina still there? Gorlo ur in Awakening get ouT of Gaiden, especially if we can't recruit yew again. All she does is go "oh good job almond you made friends thats hard to do. now jump into this storm thing and kill a bunch of people including your gf over and over again. its okay though bc shes on the red team, and the red team needs to died."

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Genny is now READY TO ROLL
IMG_2042.PNG
+atk has 38 base atk, which is the same as neutral Cherche lol

This gorl is terrifying

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Let's Get Kidnapped By Bowser Again mains. How's everyone doing? :4peach:

ARMS Saga will start today, so that's going to be fun. I wonder what kind of huge upsets we'll see next at a 2GG Tournament, hopefully something amazing.

Also working on my RPG some more. Just adding some finishing touches to the next town you go to before working on the Dungeon you have to go through.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
This tempest is extremely easy in comparison to the last, which I certainly can't complain about. I've been using Horse Emblem with Xander/Camus/Rein/Clarine. I put R Tomebreaker on Xander and now the final map is free.

In other news, I've spent 80 more orbs on the tempest focus and have yet to roll anyone. Eldigan cursed my orbs and I'll never forgive him.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Got Tobin. Wow, even his voice is low tier.
Not a good unit, not good SI fodder, not a good huabando or likable in general, IS seriously ruined him.

Oh and I'm back in Cali now after suffering through a 12+ hour flight. The flight was pretty good and felt shorter than the 10 hour one getting there somehow but I attempted Thabes in Echoes and I'm traumatized.
Didn't attempt Grima yet. I wasn't expecting that IDIOTIC DAGON HORDE IN THAT HIDDEN ROOM ON THE 9TH FLOOR.
BATTLING 7 DAGONS WHO ARE ALL STUPIDLY POWERFUL AND HAVE A 3 RANGE ATTACK THAT COMPLETELY IGNORES YOUR DEFENSE IN A CONFINED SPACE IS NOT FUN.
So ye I evacuated after that since I wasted so many turnwheel uses there and wanted as many as possible for Grima. But I wasn't using them for me making bad decisions or anything, I got hit by like 5 2% crits (on separate turns so it wasn't a case of the turnwheen not rerolling hit/crit rates) so that was dumbzo.
Also the Masks aren't exactly threatening, but they sure do spoop me. Mostly because you can get a 60 damage crit and they'll still have ??/?? HP. But the masks themselves are some Easter Island thing or smth.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
My lack of trained up blues is really hurting me.

Honestly, I may just skip this TT all together.

Also, last day of Summer Games Done Quick.
You could do the 5 battles hard one instead of the lunatic ones. Slightly less points, but because the base points you can get are 35 and both lunatics are 40, it's not that much of a loss. A B speed and B survival rank with a 1.4x bonus unit got me 400 points. Do really poorly and you get about 300. With 99 stamina, you can get 5 runs, so if you're aiming for Phantom Speed, 100 runs to 134 runs and 20 to 27 full stamina. You can get 2 full stamina per day, so 10 to 14 days. Have fun 'cause I sure won't.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning I Got Nothing Else To Do Other Then Ruin Mario's Day mains. How's everyone doing? :4bowser:

Watched the Doubles side of Sm4sh on ARMS Saga which was pretty neat.

Ranai and Komorikiri won Doubles, denying ZeRo and Tsu a bracket reset.

Just waiting for more of Singles to come up later today, and Lima a Bayonetta main managed to perform the Taunt To Get Bodied combo. He got eliminated by Raito 0-2. :secretkpop:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I finally got my own thot slayer Alm. He’s +atk-spe though. Damn it. I was going to turn him into a falcon healer anyway and I still have 50 orbs so I can keep trying if I wanted. Thoughts?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
"I'VE TRIED SO ****ING HARD TO BE A GOOD ****ING TEAMMATE TO OTHERS, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT??? ALL I EVER GET IS, "OLOLOLOL GLHF TRELA GTG BBN", AND I'M ****ING SICK OF IT!!!!! FIRST XYRO, THEN ZAC, AND NOW JERM; WILL I EVER GET SOMEONE THAT DOESN'T WANT TO QUIT SMASH THE MOMENT THEY WANT TO ****ING TEAM WITH ME!?!?!?

AND YOU WANT TO KNOW ANOTHER THING, ANTI!?!?!? I DON'T GIVE A **** WHO'S GOING TO THIS TOURNAMENT!!! NOPE, NOT ONE ****ING LITTLE BIT!!! I HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN A ****ING NATIONAL WITH SOMEONE, BUT EVERY ******* ON THIS ****ING PLANET NEVER WANTS TO ****ING DO IT WITH ME!!! WHY THE **** DOES IT HAVE TO BE ME, ANTI!?!?!? WHY!?!?!? WHY!?!?!?!?!?

I BEG AND PLEAD YOU TO COME TO CA AND TEAM WITH ME THIS ONE TIME, THIS ONE TIME, AND HELP ME WIN. YOU CAN HAVE ALL OF THE WINNINGS THAT WE GET TOGETHER, AND I ****ING MEAN ALL OF THEM!!!!! I DON'T GIVE A LIVING **** ABOUT THE MONEY, NOR DO I EVEN ****ING PLAN ON GIVING ONE LATER!!! WE CAN AND WILL WIN THIS!!!!!

So will you?"-Trela 2011.

uhhhh. what?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
gorls i've used up all my luck in my entire life fml
19944579_1894481670875520_8358575985034527144_o.jpg

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Since when can you read Japanese?
Well I know the basics, but it's mostly because I prefer the Japanese voices, being the weeb I am

apparently it also gives me good luck too

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
gorls i've used up all my luck in my entire life fml
View attachment 131450
Oh look you got Wrathful Staff for a better healer, Swift Sparrow for a better mage, and the worst healer!
jk good job on getting Genny and Kat gorl. Kat seems like a fun unit to have but no way was I going to invest in her banner when there were 2 other reds.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Wut kind of thing? Appendix, tonsils, tell us gorl.
Removal of a benign tumor - they want to run scans later to see if anything changes even though they're "very certain" it was just benign.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Soooo I ordered a cartridge of Sacred Stones and it should be here next week. I'm excited to play a classic FE :D

As for the trials, I'm sitting at about 15,000 points right now, which is pretty good considering I haven't been able to play much over the weekend thanks to work
Course I'm also getting 600+ points almost every run thanks to my BlessT horse team.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Soooo I ordered a cartridge of Sacred Stones and it should be here next week. I'm excited to play a classic FE :D

As for the trials, I'm sitting at about 15,000 points right now, which is pretty good considering I haven't been able to play much over the weekend thanks to work
Course I'm also getting 600+ points almost every run thanks to my BlessT horse team.
Ugh these trials are garbo thoooooooo.

I'm just doing it for the SP tbh. My Summer Gaius is already COMBAT READY! for everything.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Ugh these trials are garbo thoooooooo.

I'm just doing it for the SP tbh. My Summer Gaius is already COMBAT READY! for everything.
I'm actually having a pretty good time with them, perhaps cause I'm not grinding them all day and night. I like them more than the first trials, especially without that ****ty Awakening map with the tree in the middle
Plus top tier Echoes music. Just wish it played the battle theme when you fight Celica like in their hero battle
I also wish all the SP grinding wasn't on my horse team since they've already learned everything. I have a few units that really need it more

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Ordered a cartridge? That's pretty old fashioned. Isn't that game already on eShop though?

Sacred Stone's a pretty good game. Not great as on the level of Path of Radiance, Binding Blade or Blazing Sword (would also recommend if you end up enjoying Sacred Stones) but still great nonetheless. Have fun once you do get it. :)

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Ordered a cartridge? That's pretty old fashioned. Isn't that game already on eShop though?

Sacred Stone's a pretty good game. Not great as on the level of Path of Radiance, Binding Blade or Blazing Sword (would also recommend if you end up enjoying Sacred Stones) but still great nonetheless. Have fun once you do get it. :)
It wouldn't feel the same playing on the clunky gamepad
Plus someone else bought it for me as a belated birthday gift soooo yeah
I got Sacred Stones as a recommendation from a friend :D

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I see. Not bad then. My older brother said that Sacred Stones is one of the best experiences to enjoy what Fire Emblem's truly about. While I don't necessarily agree with that (I think it's PoR), I do acknowledge that it keeps in line with the Fire Emblem series. What with the different map effects (fog of war), varied objectives (im assuming you already know these from playing Fates) and what not.

It's the easiest out of all three GBA FE's, so I think you're in for a treat to learn the general idea of what the older FE's are more like.

Last edited:
Top Bottom