• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Sacred Stones is okay

The sprites are cute and the battle animations bring a lot of charm to the game, but it definitely feels odd to go back to the older games where the mechanics are kinda different, growth rates are a lot tamer, and some quality of life things that i'm used to are gone (like being able to heal units by clicking on them with my healer)

i picked it back up the other day, but then realized that i wanted to beat shadows of valentia first. i'm at the chapter in ss where you recruit tana iirc

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I started giving my Alm and Celica their skills. Alm will be Death Blow/Windsweep/Hone Speed/DAura + Reposition and eventually the Phantom Speed seal. Celica will be L&D/Renewal/Hone Attack/DAura+ Repostion and idk what seal to give her. Maybe HP+3.

I love hearing the special quotes of characters who usually don't have specials. Celica has some really nice quotes

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ugh these trials are garbo thoooooooo.

I'm just doing it for the SP tbh. My Summer Gaius is already COMBAT READY! for everything.
Agreed not just in its lackluster rewards, but also because lunatic enemies are such BS.

I had to fight a Boey with 33 speed on last map of the lunatic trials yesterday meaning you'd need 38 speed to double him. That's +6 more speed than he has as a neutral 5*. I have no idea how much his other stats were increased. Possibly +4 to all other stats as if he were a +10 merge? Whatever, that ended me ever wanting to run the lunatic trials since it took an Olivia helped Lucina and Mae to finish off just Boey while an enemy Olivia danced Lunatic Celica around to kill everyone. Lunatic Celica at full HP having 122 wins against the 5* cast of the game does not help.

Oh, Veronica's not the boss and enemy green mages probably won't have BS stats like hers. I couldn't be even more wrong about that. I'm sticking with 5 battles hard. Red mage GHB when? That or give me another Henry so I can sack the -Atk one to give Sophia G Tomebreaker. I hate green mages with high defense.

On the bright side, Hinata's level 40. That doofus cost me a decent speed rank on the map after he got to level 40 on a trials run. It was on chapter 11-1's map. Eliwood, Matthew, Saizo, and 2 other units showed up. I had Hinata sit on the defense tiles since he was at low health. Anyway, everyone else died, but Hinata at 1 HP who had to fight Eliwood, Matthew, and Saizo. Eliwood couldn't get into the center area since trees and pillars surrounded it while Matthew and Saizo couldn't do damage to Hinata. It took like 14 turns to kill Matthew and Saizo. Then a couple more to figure out where to position Hinata so he could damage Eliwood, die, and then I could just switch to another team since I think that resets your turn count and you can still get a decent speed rank even if you spent like 30 turns trying to kill all, but whoever else was a live. Eliwood decides it's a great idea to attack Hinata on a defense tile leaving him half dead. I just said screw it and had him finish off Eliwood. Unsurprisingly, I got an E rank in speed.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning U-Air Spammer mains. How's everyone doing? :rosalina:

Just watching the GF of ARMS Saga Singles right now. I was expecting ZeRo to win yet ANOTHER tournament, but to my surprise; he didn't. :yeahboi:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Well I got another 5 star from the summer banner.
No, it wasn't any of the summer units.
Yes, it was ANOTHER RED. First Seliph, then Ogma.

+Res -Def. So that's p good for baiting mages.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm kinda tempted to pull for Sanaki, but I need a decent Summer Frederick more desperately (the one I summoned is -spd cricricri)

And I already have my 5* Tharja, so I guess I don't really need Sanaki, but I do want her. I also want a Celica, but they refuse to put ha on another banner

Idk if I ever mentioned it, but I did summon a +spd Summer Tiki the other day. Idk which skills to give her, though

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I pulled in the summer banner and got a +spd/-hp freddy. Annnnnnd thats another gray unit I don't care about. I really shouldn't pull grays tbh.

Also this tempest made me realize that I don't really have a solid answer for red mages besides making azura tank them since Ike gets doubled when celica initiates with full health unless I give him a speed seal and buff.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Also this tempest made me realize that I don't really have a solid answer for red mages besides making azura tank them since Ike gets doubled when celica initiates with full health unless I give him a speed seal and buff.
Don't you have like 5 Cordelias? A =Atk 5* Cordelia can ORKO Lunatic Celica at full HP. -Atk would need +3 attack and 4* Cordelia, Donnel, Est with a Brave Lance, and 5* Hinoka would need to a dancer to help out. 4* Cordelia's special in that you could have her sit on a defense tile with someone with Hone Attack 3 behind her or Spur Attack if you can work that, have Celica attack with Cordelia taking negligible damage because of T-Adept 2 and being on a defense tile, Celica receives Ragnarok's -5 HP recoil, and Cordelia can KO Celica since at full HP, Celica survives with 5 HP. Also, I swear you said you had a +Res Cordelia, who would only take 5x2 on a defense tile as a 4* compared to =Res taking 9x2. 5* +Res Cordelia takes 0x2 damage from Celica at full HP.

As a free unit, Donnel's the cheapest way for anyone to deal with Celica and most red mages. Next up would be Est if you give her a Brave Lance from Donnel or someone. After that, well, for melee units who can 2-hit KO her from what I remember, 5* Camus and Sharena and if you were able to summon them: Azura, bride Charlotte, Ephraim, Effie, Luke, Ogma, and summer F!Robin. All of them, but Azura, Effie, and summer F!Robin die to full HP Celica and I think some of them still die if she's not at full HP without a Sapphire Lance, T-Adept, R Tomebreaker to stop from getting doubled, a ton of resistance buffs, and/or standing on a defense tile. All of them will need dancers to give them another turn since Lunatic Celica having 38 speed means most people will not be able to double her let alone escape being doubled by her.

Lunatic Celica's stats pissed me off that I ended up making a rant about it detailing how by default, almost all of the blue mages die to her if they're not on a defense tile except for =Spd Linde and because of R Tomebreaker, Odin. With skill inheritance... Way better outlook for them even if they're not on a defense tile. Here's a post where I go over what the blue mages need to deal with Celica: https://serenesforest.net/forums/in...rture-fttobin/&do=findComment&comment=4907614, which can also apply to the other red mages since if you can murder full HP Celica, then you can probably murder the other red mages.

TL;DR: T-Adept and R Tomebreaker destroys her and Odin's actually useful for once since you can actually slap T-Adept 3 on him, do your usual -blade buffs on him, and he can counter-kill Celica at full HP. Cheapest skill inheritance option since Odin just needs T-Adept 3 while the other mages need to inherit both T-Adept 3 and R Tomebreaker.

Edit: =Atk 4* Odin with T-Adept 3 and an Eirika or Ephraim buff, +3 attack, +4 some other stat, is only off by like a couple of points of damage from destroying every red mage if they were +10 merged which is probably close to the Lunatic trials enemy stat boosts of around +4 to all stats. The highest he leaves is Sanaki with 5 HP thanks in part to her very high resistance (and Odin's crappy attack). Everyone else who survives has like 2 to 3 HP. Just giving Eirika or Ephraim a Fortify Res 2 sacred seal is enough for him to wipe out all the red mages.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Aw dang it I missed the Fire Emblem talk I actually enjoy. Sacred Stones is my favorite one that I've played, but I haven't played too many. I really like Ephraim and his cool lance stuff. The GBA crit animations are so much better than the new crits.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I have a 4.50% chance on summer banner focus.

Gets 20 orbs. Let's do this.

1 green orb, one blue orb, 3 red orbs. Fine w/e let's do this.

3* Cecilia, ok blue time. 5* Mae...

Game please this is the Summer Banner what are you doing? Also why -Atk | +Def?

I cry, but I like Mae too much. Time to invest feathers on finalizing build.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Used my 20k feathers to fiiiinally promote my Male Robin that I got way back in the beginning of the game to 5 Stars. Long overdue, I love him :4robinm:
He's also my only blue Mage oops

I also summoned on Alm's banner again cause I kinda want a Boey but I guess I used up all my luck the other day. At this point I'd rather just get a goddamn Fae or two for Renewal

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Same here with Mae on my end. I did have two 3* Male Robin's but one was -Spd, and the other was -Atk. Def not investing on those two.

Do you have a team you are specifically going for, or just seeing what you can build with what you have?

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Same here with Mae on my end. I did have two 3* Male Robin's but one was -Spd, and the other was -Atk. Def not investing on those two.

Do you have a team you are specifically going for, or just seeing what you can build with what you have?
Well I'm planning on making an Alm and Celica team, but I don't know who else should be on it. Until I figure it out, I've been working on the two of them
I'm taking my time on it though, since my horse team (Cecilia, Xander, Camus) are darn near perfect at everything they do. I promoted Robin cause I've intended to promote him for ages, since he was already doing great as a 4 star running TAdept and Swordbreaker. He could be my Blue option for my Alm and Celica team and I'll just forgo having an Echoes theme.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Well I'm planning on making an Alm and Celica team
Sounds good. I haven't thought of a team since I'm simply using the 5*'s I get. However, now that I have Mae, I want to build a team around her. Just haven't given it thought. I have to see which match-ups she loses and what would help cover those match-ups. As well as utilizing characters that has good synergy with her tome.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
He could be my Blue option for my Alm and Celica team and I'll just forgo having an Echoes theme.
Well if you want to use the Alm and Celica duo, you need a good green unit (preferably a mage), and Boey isn't exactly... good. So that team isn't exactly an option until we get a better green mage from Echoes (since no playable axes in Gaiden).

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Sounds good. I haven't thought of a team since I'm simply using the 5*'s I get. However, now that I have Mae, I want to build a team around her. Just haven't given it thought. I have to see which match-ups she loses and what would help cover those match-ups. As well as utilizing characters that has good synergy with her tome.
For Heroes, most team synergy is just focused on the weapon triangle first. A Mae team would probably want another Owl user or two to capitalize on its effect, and someone who can deal physical damage
If one had a fully optimized Bride Cordelia, then and -owl team with Mae, Boey, and Katarina could theoretically do well
Course with SI, you could easily just give her Blarblade and do a standard team revolving around the blade tome.
But I've never been good at teambuilding, so obviously a full blown Owl Tome team isn't gonna do wonders compared to a team using Blade tomes or Distant Counter units
Well if you want to use the Alm and Celica duo, you need a good green unit (preferably a mage), and Boey isn't exactly... good. So that team isn't exactly an option until we get a better green mage from Echoes (since no playable axes in Gaiden).
Well yeah, I know, but he's cute and I like em
And if I cared so much about viability I wouldn't be using a -Atk Alm with Windsweep :^)
I could do Alm, Celica, and both Robins, so that it's at least sort of a double themed team
But I really should have another physical unit other than Alm, especially since I'm running Windsweep. Maybe Frederick, or Anna. And of course, Hector is always an option for me

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Used my 20k feathers to fiiiinally promote my Male Robin that I got way back in the beginning of the game to 5 Stars. Long overdue, I love him :4robinm:

Wait, what happened to Ursula? Shouldn't you two have Ursula? She's like the budget blue -blade horse if you couldn't get Olwen or couldn't get Reinhardt for Dire Thunder shenanigans. Not that there's anything bad about that since Ursula is still pretty good.

Y'know, I'm starting to wonder if all my luck went into blue and green mages at the crippling cost of abysmal luck with red mages.

Edit: Page steal! Random gophers go!

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Wait, what happened to Ursula? Shouldn't you two have Ursula? She's like the budget blue -blade horse if you couldn't get Olwen or couldn't get Reinhardt for Dire Thunder shenanigans. Not that there's anything bad about that since Ursula is still pretty good.

Y'know, I'm starting to wonder if all my luck went into blue and green mages at the crippling cost of abysmal luck with red mages.
Well yeah I have Ursula, I just haven't done anything with her. I thought about her for my horse team but I decided against it in favor of Frederick (eventually). I don't really need more than one Blade tome on that team, Cecilia already kills darn near everything

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh that's right, I have one but it's a lot of investment. The skills and feathers to get her to 5*.
4* Ursula with Blarblade is pretty good. 4* and 5* Ursula with Blarblade+ are better. All it takes is one poor Odin's soul tome being ripped from his cold, dead hands. :p

I don't really need more than one Blade tome on that team, Cecilia already kills darn near everything
You can never have enough -blade tomes! Why stop at being broken when you can be even more broken? :p

Also, if anyone's interested, Brash Assault Faye is a thing and it works. She's the best archer user of it followed by Gordin and then Virion and Takumi. Helps that she's a villager.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Koopa Kid is Dead mains. How's everyone doing? :4bowserjr:

Just watching some of the dialogue Sub Zero has against the cast in Injustice 2, I like how his victory animation is him doing his classic Fatality. Really nice touch.

Also, decided to check on LarryLurr and DKWill's streams last night since I caught HBox near the end of his stream, so I thought I'd check them out. DKWill is going to EVO and he was practicing some new DK tech on Cloud. I like on how dedicated DKWill is to Donkey Kong. Always trying to find new stuff. (He discovered that you can kill Cloud on BF/FD at around 30% with Rage and 9 Wind Punch.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I’ve waited for a good archer for so long.

I finally pull a summer gaius

He’s -atk/ +res

ASFGGHK!

:150:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
GORRRRLS ITS TRUE
HE'S COMING
A new hero? Actually he looks sick, whoever he is. His armor and cape designs look awesome. Here's hoping he's good since that guy from the current Tempest Trial is apparently underwhelming (also skipping btw. Rewards don't interest me.)

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
A new hero? Actually he looks sick, whoever he is. His armor and cape designs look awesome. Here's hoping he's good since that guy from the current Tempest Trial is apparently underwhelming (also skipping btw. Rewards don't interest me.)
He's a villain from Echoes and if he's anything like he is there, he'll be an amazing SSS+ Voice Tier

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Villain, huh? Even better. More villains are cool.

Honestly, I should just get the game already. The more I look at the characters, the more I'm convinced that the artist in Echoes is better than the one in Fates.

FE Warriors is also around the corner in 3DS too! More reasons to not give away my 3DS.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm only in like act 3 or so in SoV and I would recommend it. It's cool to control two different armies and to actually have to travel around the continent instead of the basic chapter system from the other FE games.

The dungeon exploration seemed out of place to me at first, but I guess it fits well enough within the game.

The fact that the game is fully voice acted is pretty cool and does help bring some life to the characters.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
That's great. I'm in the current belief that it'll hopefully be better than Fates. I found Fire Emblem Fates to be overall, disappointing. While the gameplay and balance improved at a sufficient amount of difference, I disliked how the story was executed and written.

I also appreciate how it's the remake of the second Fire Emblem game too. That's a smart move on Intelligent System's part. The dungeon exploration appears to make Echoes unique gameplay wise, so it's refreshing to discover a different experience once I do get the game.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
None of yew gorls have Arms right?
Okay I'm only rank 2 and haven't properly played this game for a month, but all of the good players are at a much higher rank so I should be playing against people who suck like me. Let's get into ranke-
1499809909471.jpg

...Why is this gorl triple my rank. Well at least I won't lose much ra-
1499809911883.jpg

How did they suck more than me wtf. The first round they were only able to hit me once. Well surely that was a heaux...
1499809915129.jpg

Or not.
ty for free rank Broccoli
The Max Brass update goes live in about 3 hours so I'm grinding up coins now so that I can get him a good variety of Arms to start out with. It's also gonna have some balancing, and I'm expecting a nerf to fire weapons (specifically the Hydra, but maybe they'll nerf fire weapons in general idk). For characters, nerf Twintelle buff Byte & Bark ok ty Mr Yabuki. But honestly I could see a buff to Springman as well so that Max Brass doesn't completely replace him.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
why does twintelle need to be nerfed? i don't have a switch, so i haven't played the game

twintelle and ribbon gorl look the most interesting to play imo

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I have Arms but I'm too scared to play Ranked and I haven't played much in general
But I like Kid Cobra and ByteBarqMan

Edit: I just went on Ranked for the first time and people were right, grab spam is common and it's annoying to lose to it. I almost got to rank 3 but missed it cause of a communication error

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
why does twintelle need to be nerfed? i don't have a switch, so i haven't played the game

twintelle and ribbon gorl look the most interesting to play imo
She can essentially jump into the air, dash to do her time freeze thing (which instantly charges her Arms), then can dash in any direction afterwards and hit you with max-charged punches when there isn't really any way to stop it. Really the only way to play against a good Twin is to get in their face and punch them during the small window that you have after they punch and land. But good Twins also use Parasols which are specifically MADE to block punches so... how do you hit this lady omg. Also her grab is a bit stronger than average but that's note of a nice bonus.
tl;dr playing against Twin is this slow and annoying process that isn't fun to play against, and she is effective enough at all ranks of play to let you win consistently. She isn't meta-dominating or anything (she's still one of the characters you see the most in the top ranks) but she could be toned down a bit.
Edit: I just went on Ranked for the first time and people were right, grab spam is common and it's annoying to lose to it. I almost got to rank 3 but missed it cause of a communication error
People rarely grab in my games thankfully, if at all. Although I don't play against many Ninjaras so that could also be it.

Edit: The patch is out and yup, the Hydra got ruined. They nerfed the Cracker as well which I was expecting but I am still a bit sad since it's my favorite ARM. Surprised that no characters were changed apart from bug fixes.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I always thought berkut looked dumb in SoV but his fe heroes art work is pretty cool

:150:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Biff actually said that Max Brass looks hot. And he wasn't talking about his temperature.
Biff what species even are you isn't that reverse furryism or something pls stop

Anyways I think I'm gonna avoid Ranked for a bit until they tone down Max because he's a terror right now. I need to see how effective lightning weapons are against him but they should do the trick to break through his... uh... bara armor. Yes that's what I'm calling it.

Also completely unrelated but Captain Zack is 15??? I was thinking around 19 but wow. The irony of something Smash related being unrelated to a discussion on a Smash website.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
"6" new characters were revealed for FE Heroes!

Alm's Army: https://youtu.be/RABtkXo9H58.

And Celica's Army: https://youtu.be/bA7jc0iouL8.

TL;DW: Killer Bow and Killing Edge got power creeped and Cancel Affinity is pissing off people if it really works as described since a T-Adept or Emerald Axe wielding green fighting Reinhardt with Cancel Adept for example, will take neutral damage. Most blues cannot tank Reinhardt. Have fun.

Oh, and Gray and Mathilda introduced anti-cavalry weapons. Tobin really does just exist...

I want Sonya, but I need a red mage...

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Damn I want everyone they revealed
Also, nice that they introduced more weapons to be effective against Calvary, so now Grani's Shield isn't totally irrelevant
But yeah I gotta get everyone TuT

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Damn I want everyone they revealed
Also, nice that they introduced more weapons to be effective against Calvary, so now Grani's Shield isn't totally irrelevant
But yeah I gotta get everyone TuT
Speaking of which, the anti-cavalry weapons get to have 10/14 MT unlike the anti-armor weapons which have 8/10 MT. Knights have higher defense in general than cavalry. Let that sink in...

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning ProtonJon's EGG mains. How's everyone doing? :4yoshi:

Had the chance to play against Larry Lurr online yesterday during his stream. He beat me 2-0, but god damn was it fun as hell.

I even got a video of the two games on YouTube. I'll leave it right here:

Me :4bowser:/:4lucina: vs. Larry Lurr :4dk:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm not really that interested in these new units. Unless they have crazy stats or something, idk if I'll pull.

More DB3 and Wind Boost fodder is good, though

All I want is Kliff, but they refuse to put him in the game cricricri

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
"6" new characters were revealed for FE Heroes!

Alm's Army: https://youtu.be/RABtkXo9H58.

And Celica's Army: https://youtu.be/bA7jc0iouL8.

TL;DW: Killer Bow and Killing Edge got power creeped and Cancel Affinity is pissing off people if it really works as described since a T-Adept or Emerald Axe wielding green fighting Reinhardt with Cancel Adept for example, will take neutral damage. Most blues cannot tank Reinhardt. Have fun.

Oh, and Gray and Mathilda introduced anti-cavalry weapons. Tobin really does just exist...

I want Sonya, but I need a red mage...
Wait wait wait, I just realized you can see CLIVE in there too, at the very end. Nice :D I didn't think they'd give us Mathilda without him too
Looks like he has Silver Lance+ as a 5 Star. And since we're getting two focuses at once, maybe we'll get Clive and Berkut's battles at the same time as well.
That's a lot of lance cavaliers, wow

Last edited:
Top Bottom