• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Also, I'm amused to see that you have all been enjoying FE Heroes all this time. I should really give it a try.
No don't, it's a trap. Play something more wholesome instead. Like checkers. Everyone loves checkers.
2) Competitive Puyo Puyo Tetris will be amazing over in AnimEVO, make sure to watch that.
Is this seriously a thing
ARMS at EVO suddenly doesn't sound like a joke anymore. Vote ARMS for EVO 2018 pls

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Okay got Sonya and she's +Atk -Def. I can relax now that I FINALLY have a great green mage. Also got Soren who I've wanted more than Ike, but he's -Spd. I'll keep him as a trophy unit I guess.

Also @ Echoes character art, Shade's always confused me. They only show from the chest-up in the game, but then you find the full picture of her art and...
Why are yew standing on 1 foot. Do yew have a charlie horse. Do yew need more calcium.

Also thicc thighs or something
WHY DID THEY PUT A HUGE SPOILER RIGHT IN SONYA'S DESCRIPTION
I MEAN I'M GLAD I KNEW THIS FAR BEFORE TODAY, BUT THERE'S STILL PLENTY OF PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME
Also ha quotes look sasstastic.
Her quotes are magical, but her IVS as -SPD/+DEF are not magical RIPRIPRIP. Tho I'm sure she will attract the dominatrix-lovers/tsundere-lovers because she points out that you're a lonely loser if you poke her and that you're also annoying. WOW SHE'S JUST LIKE ME! :^)

Guess I gotta use her as my in-game counterpart, now.

Still waiting for gamepedia to upload the actual voiceclips so I can see if it's worth getting Saber.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Fire Emblem Echoes' OST is amazing. Just found the song that was used for Alm's Army trailer and parts of Chapter 12 in Heroes: "What Lies at the End": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHojJsGlZ-s.

-HP Tikini having 32 HP while being an offensive unit is kind of dumb. Brave Axe would be the safest option so that she destroys units before they can land a hit on her, but Bartre does not super fast, hard-hitting Brave Axe better and safer considering his massive HP pool and equally as high attack and defense as an infantry let alone Cherche and Frederick as other options. Might just want to keep her default set and add in Renewal and maybe Fury to keep her defense and resistance as high as possible.

Ah, crap... I have 270/270 units. I need to get rid of at least 4 units for Lloyd's re-run quest, the 2 Berkuts from hard and lunatic difficulty -- not sure how infernal's gonna go --, and whenever I'm getting 5* Tobin.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
So I think I'm allergic to grapes. Yesterday I had some and then sneezed for 15 minutes straight and then I just had some more and I think this is an asthma attack I'm having right now. Very strange.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That's honestly my least favorite map theme from Echoes (besides the prologue versions of March to Deliverance and With Mila's Divine Protection) which should give you an idea of how good the OST is.
Another one I haven't raved about yet is the credit's theme, basically this game's version of Lost in Thoughts and it's even better (because the lyrics actually make sense. Is calling me the ocean's gray waves an insult or a compliment pls tell me).
Aww, but I like it.

Oh, hey, it's the song that Bonnie Gordin, Silque's voice actor, sung. I think there's an article on it on NintendoLife or something which was stated that in its title. Anyway, that's such a beautiful song. Does help that it reminds me of the songs from Nier.
Also, isn't this song about about Mila's last hopes for her people after she dies in the end of something? Game's old, it's a remake, but I don't know how I know about Mila's fate. Then again, the lyrics kind of imply someone's dead.

Personally, I like AmaLee and Matthew Mercer's rendition of Lost in Thoughts more than the official one which reminds me of old anime openings. Nothing against Rena Strober or Renka -- I don't think I've heard the Japanese version yet.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
So I think I'm allergic to grapes. Yesterday I had some and then sneezed for 15 minutes straight and then I just had some more and I think this is an asthma attack I'm having right now. Very strange.
It took a couple hours but I can finally breathe normally. Thanks for keeping me distracted with this Heroes talk while I was gasping for breath :secretkpop:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Also Clive is basically blonde Frederick but probably not as muscular so he's a boring husbando. His haircut is lame too. Boooooo.
Clive is also the worst unit in both Gaiden and Echoes so that's another thing Freddy has over him. He looks usable in Heroes at least if the lunatic stats are anything to go off of.
Aww, but I like it.
I do too, I meant that EVERY song in the game is fantastic, and even though What Lies at the End is great, others are even better.
Also, isn't this song about about Mila's last hopes for her people after she dies in the end of something? Game's old, it's a remake, but I don't know how I know about Mila's fate. Then again, the lyrics kind of imply someone's dead.
Basically, yeah. When she died, a huge tree grows where she died. Fast forward a few hundreds of years to Awakening, and remember the Mila Tree from chapter 16? Yup, that's the same one!
It took a couple hours but I can finally breathe normally. Thanks for keeping me distracted with this Heroes talk while I was gasping for breath :secretkpop:
Honestly did yew expect us to do anything else

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Clive is also the worst unit in both Gaiden and Echoes so that's another thing Freddy has over him. He looks usable in Heroes at least if the lunatic stats are anything to go off of.

I do too, I meant that EVERY song in the game is fantastic, and even though What Lies at the End is great, others are even better.

Basically, yeah. When she died, a huge tree grows where she died. Fast forward a few hundreds of years to Awakening, and remember the Mila Tree from chapter 16? Yup, that's the same one!

Honestly did yew expect us to do anything else
I'd be a fool if I did.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
No don't, it's a trap. Play something more wholesome instead. Like checkers. Everyone loves checkers.
I believe you, but I end up getting bored here not knowing what was going on :c. Also, I used Reddit during my absence, and I never want to use it again. It's terrible.
Edit:According to my Twitter Disney XD is going to have Sunday Finals airing on their TV channel
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Incredible.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I believe you, but I end up getting bored here not knowing what was going on :c. Also, I used Reddit during my absence, and I never want to use it again. It's terrible.
Edit:According to my Twitter Disney XD is going to have Sunday Finals airing on their TV channel
Incredible.
Well Heroes is okay if you haven't played any other FE's as it gives you enough of every characters' personality that you can like them and be potentially interested in getting their game even if you don't know a single person besides the ones in Smash. Also since you won't know the characters beforehand, you won't have to spend all of your money getting all the ones you want.

I gotta know, which subreddits did you go to. Reddit in general is mostly a joke imo, but every section is unbearable in its own special way. (Hyrule Warriors' still makes eating sand look like a more enjoyable and smarter use of your time). I'll take a guess and say the Smash subreddit was one of the ones you went to.

Never expected Ninty and DIDNEE to cross over like that ever but I'll take it. Although I never watch TV anymore so o well.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Well Heroes is okay if you haven't played any other FE's as it gives you enough of every characters' personality that you can like them and be potentially interested in getting their game even if you don't know a single person besides the ones in Smash. Also since you won't know the characters beforehand, you won't have to spend all of your money getting all the ones you want.

I gotta know, which subreddits did you go to. Reddit in general is mostly a joke imo, but every section is unbearable in its own special way. (Hyrule Warriors' still makes eating sand look like a more enjoyable and smarter use of your time). I'll take a guess and say the Smash subreddit was one of the ones you went to.

Never expected Ninty and DIDNEE to cross over like that ever but I'll take it. Although I never watch TV anymore so o well.
Firstly, thanks for the advice on FE Heroes.
On Reddit, the only subreddits I actually liked was r/wholesomememes, r/WritingPrompts and R/jokes.
I dabbled in r/smashbros, which is not only painful, but also kinda pointless. R/Polititcs is a mess but that's to be expected. R/Ireland wasn't bad but also pointless. Hands down the worst sub reddit was R/The_Donald. Seriously, avoid at all costs. I only wanted to see what it looked like, but it was opening a Pandora's Box.
The rest was average basic stuff like r/worldnews and such that I didn't like or dislike.

The Disney thing will be a lot of exposure for kids, so I like it, but by the time they start entering tournaments the game will probs be dead.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Incredible.
Two things to note before starting FEH.

1) Learn how to reroll and keep doing that until you get a 5 Star Hero that you really like. You have a 3% chance of that happening and 5 rolls (get 20 orbs, then roll).

2) Don't spend money and expect good things. You will usually get 90% garbage unless you are super lucky (JAJAJAJA LUCKY TO GET 5*S WITH BAD IVS JAAAAAAAAA) like me. :^)

FEH is actually pretty fun and is one of those things that's not so bad to play 2 times a day. It should feel like a chore since that's what most games like this one feels like (grind to get stuff), but it doesn't. You'll love it if you love Fire Emblem in general. Since you can collect and poke your waifus/husbandos now. And the best part?

The game's motto - the thing the game is built around!

You either leave victorious or sexy.

or

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Where's K. Rool mains. How's everyone doing? :4dk:

Been out shopping today to get some essentials, and I've been trying to get Carnage Barefoot X in Disgaea 5 Complete. The problem is the enemy is too strong for me to steal it from them (Even with a unit with the Thief's unique Evility, it still sits at 0%. So I'm planning on just leveling up some of the Carnage Items I got like the Pie, the Monster Weapons and Armour I got on my main units that I use).

So.... EVOs tomorrow, and I was just wondering (I'm bored) what predictions you may all have for it.
Good to have you back Eddie. :yeahboi:

As for my predictions, let's start with the smaller tournaments and then gradually go onto the bigger tournaments:

CvS2 will have either a Vega, Blanka or Sagat in Top 8.
Dengeki will have either Kirito, Asuna or Shana in Grand Finals.
A Morrigan team will win UMvC3.
A Merkava will not win Under Night in-Birth EXE Late
Nero or Len will win MBAACC
Armada will win Melee.
ZeRo will win Sm4sh Wii U. Leaving many people wanting some more variety in Top 8 and wanting someone else to win EVO.
Melee will appear on Max's Top 5 Hypest Moments of EVO 2k17.

Ironically, I love watching Competitive Puyo Puyo. I've watched some of it on a-cho's channel, it's actually really interesting to see.
Competitive Puyo.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Morning Where's K. Rool mains. How's everyone doing? :4dk:

Been out shopping today to get some essentials, and I've been trying to get Carnage Barefoot X in Disgaea 5 Complete. The problem is the enemy is too strong for me to steal it from them (Even with a unit with the Thief's unique Evility, it still sits at 0%. So I'm planning on just leveling up some of the Carnage Items I got like the Pie, the Monster Weapons and Armour I got on my main units that I use).

Good to have you back Eddie. :yeahboi:

As for my predictions, let's start with the smaller tournaments and then gradually go onto the bigger tournaments:

CvS2 will have either a Vega, Blanka or Sagat in Top 8.
Dengeki will have either Kirito, Asuna or Shana in Grand Finals.
A Morrigan team will win UMvC3.
A Merkava will not win Under Night in-Birth EXE Late
Nero or Len will win MBAACC
Armada will win Melee.
ZeRo will win Sm4sh Wii U. Leaving many people wanting some more variety in Top 8 and wanting someone else to win EVO.
Melee will appear on Max's Top 5 Hypest Moments of EVO 2k17.

Ironically, I love watching Competitive Puyo Puyo. I've watched some of it on a-cho's channel, it's actually really interesting to see.
Competitive Puyo.

I never took enough time to wonder where you got those yuri pics. Also, watching competitive puyo makes me think it will be a lot of fun with twitch chat. I definitely think Armada will win Melee, but as for Smash 4 it's not so solid for ZeRo imo. He's been doing far better than he was doing this time last year, but BO3 is very volatile. I'd love to see Dabuz or Mr.R to win EVO, but both are unlikely.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I wanted to play fgo but I didn't realize that the tutorial Summon couldn't give 5* so I threw away a roll with 4* emiya and heracles. oops

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
@ gorls with a Switch, this better be all of yew tomorrow
IMG_20160314_152057.jpg

Vote team Marina Ice Cream or don't play at all.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I wanted to play fgo but I didn't realize that the tutorial Summon couldn't give 5* so I threw away a roll with 4* emiya and heracles. oops
Eh, you're not missing much for throwing it away. Emiya and Hercules are basically the two units to get between the tutorial roll and the special launch 4* event where you just get to pick one.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Checked the voices of the new characters and Keith Silverstein's performance for Saber reminds me of Paul Eiding. Like a younger, gruffer sounding Paul Eiding. The funny thing is that Paul Eiding has worked on Fire Emblem before; he voiced Yukimura in Fates which is weird since Yukimura reminds me of Otacon. Also, Grant George as Clive reminds me of Nolan North.

Anyway, I love Tikini's "Time for a swim?" It's so hilariously out of context.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
@ gorls with a Switch, this better be all of yew tomorrow
View attachment 131544
Vote team Marina Ice Cream or don't play at all.
do u liek marina bcuz she is an octopus gorl???

Checked the voices of the new characters and Keith Silverstein's performance for Saber reminds me of Paul Eiding. Like a younger, gruffer sounding Paul Eiding. The funny thing is that Paul Eiding has worked on Fire Emblem before; he voiced Yukimura in Fates which is weird since Yukimura reminds me of Otacon. Also, Grant George as Clive reminds me of Nolan North.

Anyway, I love Tikini's "Time for a swim?" It's so hilariously out of context.
I'm not following what you mean, gorlie.

Anyway, Saber reminds me of Soldier76 without the intense gruffage and IDK why. Maybe it's because his voice is a bit gruff and that just makes me think of Soldier76... 340+ hours of OW would do that, methinks. helpmepls

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I like her because she doesn't look like a hideous idiot gremlin squid creature named Pearl
But Pearl is based off of Pearl's Secret Rap Career which is why she's a rapper and also named Pearl.

Just kidding. Pearl is odd and Marina is a fabulous Octogoddess. That's unfair tho because she has a normal-ish face and not a weird Sonic-unieye thing going on.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm not following what you mean, gorlie.
It's one of her map select and map start quotes. I just like the way she's says it which isn't saying much since I like Tiki's voice in general. There's something amusing about a thousands of years old manakete who can sound serious and dorky at the same time. That and usually the maps aren't the beach maps, so it's like, "Tiki, there's lava everywhere. We can't swim here."

Anyway, I decided it'd be a great idea to re-train Olivia again, especially since the SP bonus can help her get Wings of Mercy quickly, so I can get rid of some units taking up space -- 2* Olivia was never really going to do anything so why not. Terrible idea. I don't have a 4* dancer with Hone Attack 3 anymore and since I don't have many other non-reds who I want to train that are around her level, she's kind of screwed. On the bright side, Cordelia, Tikini, and +Atk M!Robin are almost level 40, Lukas has Ignis and Swap, and I'm down to 266/270 units. On the bad side, aside from the dancer issue, I'm down to 90 stamina potions after using 4 of them today. Huh... I have 90 stamina potions.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Finally got phantom speed. Didn't need to use any stamina pots but celica can still go **** herself.

I want to give my +spd nino the seal and windsweep but I don't have an alm. Maybe someday.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'm doing so well in ARMS tonight omy.
I was in a party lobby with a gorl named Sammy and we just deleTed every soul in that room. We always had some kind of bonus up and rarely ever lost. If either of us lost it was because 1) 3-for-all lol, or 2) we were playing against each other. Not even Hedlok jank could stop us. Even if we were on a team and BOTH of us had a half-HP penalty at the start, we couldn't be stopped. It was great. I did send ha a friend request afterwards.

Also earlier I was playing Echoes and finally decided to pitchfork one of the Barons to a Dread Fighter. I chose Forsyth.
Why does this terror exist.
So yeah, he never gets hit and if he does, he takes like 1 damage. Almost always at a 100% hit rate and crit rate is usually above 70%. Doubles everything.
FACE IT, MY INSTINCTS ARE SUPERIOR

And when I was leveling him up I realized that I'm in the middle of playing 5 Fire Emblem games rn. 4, 7, 8, 9, and 15. I guess you could throw in Heroes as well if you wanted to. I should probably stop.

Edit: lmao I went into Thabes with the now legendary Forsyth and one of the other Dread Fighters in here managed to land a crit on him.
It did 3 damage.
This man took a crit directly to his face and only took 3 damage from it.

Who at IS allowed this to exist

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Clap Spammer mains. How's everyone doing? :4diddy:

Didn't get a chance to watch all of Sm4sh Pools, but I did watch most of it. It was a good start today.

Raito played fantastic against EXO. And Lythero straight up sent DyingSloth to the Shadow Realm with his Ganondorf. Godlike stuff from Lythero and Raito. :yeahboi:

Looking forward to Day 2 of Sm4sh, hopefully we'll see some really hype stuff go down.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
New Leaf update:
Finished my first construction project. It was a place for Resetti. He thanked me for it.
A bear called Vladimir came to my town. I found this highly amusing due to Russian+Bear stereotype jokes.
I'm currently at about 60 MEOW coupons. I intend to save them up to 99, then trade them in for massive money (Every coupon is 3'000 Bells.
My town flag is a white shirt. I am lazy.
I specifically designed my town tune to be disturbing and unsettling. In my opinion, I was successful.
Ordinances seem neat, but every time I enact one not much seems to change.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Sacred Stones is fun but tough :D I've already had to reset a couple times cause I was careless and lost a unit
I really like the sprites and the music too

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Sacred Stones is fun but tough :D I've already had to reset a couple times cause I was careless and lost a unit
I really like the sprites and the music too
Have you already comprised your team of husbandos?

There aren't as many top tier husbandos as there were in FE7, but there's still a few. I bet if Nina/Niles' daughter had to pick a FE game for husbandos to fantasize about she wouldn't even consider FE8.

Cress! Cress! speaking of ARMZZZ (like forever ago) I don't get why Max Brass is considered the male version of sheckshie Sassgorl. Is it because he is wearing spandex and got da muscle booty? Or am I missing key bara elements here because he is a cyborg-man-thing?

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Cress! Cress! speaking of ARMZZZ (like forever ago) I don't get why Max Brass is considered the male version of sheckshie Sassgorl. Is it because he is wearing spandex and got da muscle booty? Or am I missing key bara elements here because he is a cyborg-man-thing?
0:57 of this video. Charging fills him with the power of bara. This gives him maximum (5/5) size, arm THICCness, and speed, and 4/5 jump height. His arms also become perma-charged and he won't flinch to standard attacks. It's a bit silly until you realize that his huge body makes him hilariously easy to hit.
Also he is a normal person and not a robobot omg. Just because he has a disease that turned his arms into belts doesn't mean that he's any different from you or me.

Splatfest in less than 3 hours, I'm more than ready to accidentally press X to jump instead of B and lose every game because of it!

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
**** has hit the fan, to say the least
Nakat defeats Locus and Abadango, VoiD is defeated by Konga, Mistake beat Fatality, Wonderbread beats Zack, Chansu defeated Ally and Elegant beats Mr.R. Who's next?
EDIT:Leo's out at 65th, holy hell
Ally loses to MVD is losers bracket. I believe he's out at 49th? Of course, what I believe doesn't seem to matter with this tournament. I'm going crazy. The OG Top 3 (ZeRo, Nairo and Dabuz) are the only ones I can see winning this.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
BATTLE OF MEWNI AAAAAAAAAAAY well that was something

0:57 of this video. Charging fills him with the power of bara. This gives him maximum (5/5) size, arm THICCness, and speed, and 4/5 jump height. His arms also become perma-charged and he won't flinch to standard attacks. It's a bit silly until you realize that his huge body makes him hilariously easy to hit.
Also he is a normal person and not a robobot omg. Just because he has a disease that turned his arms into belts doesn't mean that he's any different from you or me.

Splatfest in less than 3 hours, I'm more than ready to accidentally press X to jump instead of B and lose every game because of it!
o

well

i guess

I actually never looked into what the hell ARMS are I just saw the characters with their swirly Al Bhed pupils.

I mean, I don't think you can be more bara than titanium alloyed steel after a good wax polish.
All of that plus not having a shirt would be more bara, tho.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Have you already comprised your team of husbandos?

There aren't as many top tier husbandos as there were in FE7, but there's still a few. I bet if Nina/Niles' daughter had to pick a FE game for husbandos to fantasize about she wouldn't even consider FE8.

I'm not too far in yet but Gilliam seems nice, though I can only see his head thanks to all that armor

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I finally took the time to completely revamp my Y!Tiki. I pulled her way back in February, and I believe she's the third 5* I obtained. She's even +atk -hp, which is pretty good.
IMG_2050.PNG
Her little British accent is really cute, and she's even a sassy gorl in some of ha special activation quotes. My favorite is, "Oh no you DON'T!"

I'd like to give her Lightning Breath+ eventually, but I don't have enough feathers to promote one of my Nowis for it.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I'm not too far in yet but Gilliam seems nice, though I can only see his head thanks to all that armor
Gilliam is an almost-middle-aged gentleman (by FE standards) who is trying to conceal his bara. But we all know he's bara.

Last edited:
Top Bottom