• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

To be honest, I haven't been posting as much anymore. I've devolved into a ****poster at this point ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Not playing sm4sh so good

But also not able to sleep at 2am so also kinda bad I guess

I haven't stayed up this late in a long time... it's a lil past 1 here

Also Lavani I just noticed your title

Ara ara

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
1st:MVG Salem:4bayonetta:. 2nd: TSM ZeRo:4diddy:. 3rd:Larry Lurr:4fox:. 4th:p1 Tweek:4cloud2::4dk:. 5th:NRG Nairo:4zss: and KEN:4sonic:. 7th:RNG Dabuz:rosalina: and CLG VoiD:4sheik:. Okay, I fell asleep watching smash 4 during Losers Semis and I'm actually kinda sad about it because the Grands was amazing. Salem played out of his mind, and certified himself as a Top 10 player for this season. Overall, I really enjoyed Smash 4 at EVO. I thought it was better than Melee. Dabuz vs Komo made me very happy, but I'm not denying Grand Finals were the best.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Flatter Than Lucina mains. How's everyone doing? :4gaw:

I did catch a lot of EVO. Except the remainder of Sm4sh and not SFV. Since I went to sleep after Larry Lurr took ZeRo to Game 3.

But I can easily say, it was amazing. All of these announcements and how everyone was playing.

1st:MVG Salem:4bayonetta:. 2nd: TSM ZeRo:4diddy:. 3rd:Larry Lurr:4fox:. 4th:p1 Tweek:4cloud2::4dk:. 5th:NRG Nairo:4zss: and KEN:4sonic:. 7th:RNG Dabuz:rosalina: and CLG VoiD:4sheik:. Okay, I fell asleep watching smash 4 during Losers Semis and I'm actually kinda sad about it because the Grands was amazing. Salem played out of his mind, and certified himself as a Top 10 player for this season. Overall, I really enjoyed Smash 4 at EVO. I thought it was better than Melee. Dabuz vs Komo made me very happy, but I'm not denying Grand Finals were the best.
ZeRo: Okay! I'm ready to go and win EVO!
Nairo: ZeRo... We think Salem should win EVO this year.
ZeRo: What! W-W-Why!?
Larry Lurr: He's the only the one that hasn't won EVO yet.
ZeRo: But how often do I LITERALLY win a tournament!?
Salem: According to the Results. About once a week.

:secretkpop:

But to give my overall thoughts on the Announcements:

Jedah looks clean in Infinite. And Chun-Li does look a bit better, but still bad. MvCI I'll probably tune into once every so often.
Jubei looks awesome, but shame is I'll probably not play BB.
The crossover fighting game between BB, P4, UNIEL and RWBY is just bonkers. I NEED THIS!
Future Trunks being unveiled and he looks pretty cool. Hoping DBFZ will do really well once it comes out.
GEESE HOWARD IN THE BUILDING. He'll stain his hands with your blood.
ARIKA's fighting game is looking more interesting. And SKULLOMANIA IS BACK BABY! He has the best character description "He has a pet dog named Pochiro." 10/10 Best Character Bio.
While I didn't check out SFV, I did see the trailer for Abigail when I got up. He looks... underwhelming, I mean come on Capcom USA; we got Jubei, Geese Howard, Trunks, ARCSYS CROSSOVER AND SKULLOMANIA. And you give us this? Jeez.

As for my Top 5 Hypest Moments. I'll probably get to that later today. But I do know what three of my highlights were from each Top 8.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
whoah a bunch of old gorls came to visit.

I guess now's the time to ask.

So like I'm working on a Zelda Social RPG on RPG Maker FES as a fun celebration of all the shenanigans , development has been really slow because of the awful UI but also because i never asked who wanted to be represented and who wanted to be playable so I'm asking now.

who wants to be in a Zelda Social themed RPG?

I can have 16 different classes saved up in one project at a time in FES so that means i can have 16 gorls with unique movesets even if i can only have 4 battling at a time.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Berkut GHB is going to be tomorrow (7/18)

here are his 5* stats if you haven't seen them:
Berkut 5 star stats: 43/34/22/31/24
format is hp/atk/spd/def/res

he's not very good, but i'll still probably use him because i like his art

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Hi! Did you used to have a different username? I'm afraid I don't exactly recognise this handle :(
You may vaguely remember me as CPU 3. There was also a time where I was Shakira but I guess I didn't change my name for that.

So like I'm working on a Zelda Social RPG on RPG Maker FES as a fun celebration of all the shenanigans , development has been really slow because of the awful UI but also because i never asked who wanted to be represented and who wanted to be playable so I'm asking now.

I can have 16 different classes saved up in one project at a time in FES so that means i can have 16 gorls with unique movesets even if i can only have 4 battling at a time.
i'd rather be an npc though only because i have some funny ideas

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
So in my SoV playthrough, Alm's army is really bad and desperately needs some leveling up, but I can't because one of Desaix's cavalry guys is chasing me and I can't beat him without losing a unit.

Should I restart my file and grind up my units better? It'd also allow me to make Faye a cleric because I didn't know what to do with her, so I made her a cavalier lol. I'm already at the desert with Celica, though, so idk if it'd be worth it to restart.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Too bad no smash players could see this cuz he banned half the community for making fun of him for losing to AnTi

:150:
Damn, that sucks. If I were him, I'd probably never be bothered to unblock everybody who made fun of him for that event. I'm just hoping he stays the way he was in these tweets

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
for anyone watching sf5 at evo

tokido went nuts
Yooo Tokido went crazy. Counter hits galore, everything was working. I wanted Punk to win, but Tokido's play epitomized why fighting games are so good. He got in Punk's head soooo hard. I have been on the SFV is a bad game train for a while, but even a bad game can be good sometimes.

NPC would fit me well, tbh. ^_^

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
With all the talk about blazblue tag battle, I just want to say: plz check out blazblue, the games are fun as hell and central fiction is still relatively alive during evenings and weekends on pc.

I don't have a good internet currently so I can't play online rn but the netcode was generally fine in my experience plus they fixed all the problems with the pc port a while back.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
blazblue best fightan

it even has arakune and i will say it is the best fightan

Sadly I can't play it online right now either, but EVO motivated me to check out BBCF. Spent a ton of time in training last night seeing if any of the new characters clicked with me; Nine might work, but I'm probably sticking with Nu (or maybe Lambda?) again in this game. I really like Es and Kokonoe too, but I suck at both.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
With all the talk about blazblue tag battle, I just want to say: plz check out blazblue, the games are fun as hell and central fiction is still relatively alive during evenings and weekends on pc.

I don't have a good internet currently so I can't play online rn but the netcode was generally fine in my experience plus they fixed all the problems with the pc port a while back.
I'm definitely going to go check that series out after BlazBlue. I'm starting to get an interest in the fighting genre, so would BlazBlue be a good fighting game for a novice? I'm hoping it's not Street Fighter hard in terms of technically but I'm willing to commit even if it is.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I'm definitely going to go check that series out after BlazBlue. I'm starting to get an interest in the fighting genre, so would BlazBlue be a good fighting game for a novice? I'm hoping it's not Street Fighter hard in terms of technically but I'm willing to commit even if it is.
Blazblue/sf4 were my first fighting games and I had tons of fun with them and I think they're fine entry games. Honestly, any fighting game can be your first as long as you're willing to put time in to learn it and if you're having fun.
Plus BB has a great tutorial that covers basic fighting game concepts up to more advanced stuff like option selects. I would say Guilty Gear has a better overall teaching method with its missions but both are way ahead of any of its competition when it comes to teaching new players.

As for difficulty, BB has a fairly generous input window so basic bnb combos can be learned fairly easily with a bit of practice. However, execution difficulty can rise pretty fast for some characters if you want optimal combos. Basically easy to learn, hard to master.

The hard part about BB is game knowledge imo. Each character is fairly unique and has their own gimmick. Character matchup knowledge or even knowing what a character can do is pretty important because theres a lot of crazy stuff. Especially when you can lose 30-40% health off of a single combo and get put into a mixup situation afterwards which means you can lose a round by getting opened up 3 times or so. Theres also learning the game engine as well. Airdashers tend to be faster paced and long combos are fairly common.

Its definitely overwhelming but game knowledge is probably the easiest to learn because of the internet and character knowledge is something you gain while playing.

Tl;dr
Yes. But its might be difficult at times.
Tbh Guilty Gear is more alive in NA but I prefer BB.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Apparently Splatoon is getting an anime: https://nintendowire.com/news/2017/07/17/corocoro-produce-splatoon-web-anime-based-manga-series/?

That's pretty cool. I liked the Star Fox animation, and the Pikmin shorts were cool, the F-Zero and Kirby shows were good from what I remember. If they could, but perhaps they should do this later since people might think they're shoving so much of this down our throats, a Fire Emblem anime would be pretty awesome too, especially if it ends up being very well-written. Ditto on an Earthbound/Mother anime. That reminds me, I've never seen the Animal Crossing or the Kid Icarus anime.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Damn, that sucks. If I were him, I'd probably never be bothered to unblock everybody who made fun of him for that event. I'm just hoping he stays the way he was in these tweets
he actually did unblock everyone apparently. He's really trying to redeem himself, I think.

:150:

npc pls B^)

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
As long as CPU 3 is banished at some point and a character named McKnightlight comes around right after I'll be st-st-st-stoked

blazblue best fightan

it even has arakune and i will say it is the best fightan

Sadly I can't play it online right now either, but EVO motivated me to check out BBCF. Spent a ton of time in training last night seeing if any of the new characters clicked with me; Nine might work, but I'm probably sticking with Nu (or maybe Lambda?) again in this game. I really like Es and Kokonoe too, but I suck at both.
Back into competitive hell with you

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Wow all the gorls came back, hope you're all doing fine.
FE Heroes: (Mew2 already knows about this, thanks for stalking me on Youtube) I had a few orbs and wanted a Delthea. I picked a blue orb. The smoke came out. I dropped my phone screen-down because I'm a klutz. I hear 5 stars appear before picking up the phone.
It's Catria.
And she's -Speed.

ARMS: I love it when I watch gameplay from a high-level player, then watch their other videos for tips on what to do/not do, then I go and take the advice to online games and lose hard. I was doing FANTASTIC before watching his videos though so I was probably just in a better mood or something.
Miitopia: I got the demo for this game yesterday and wow it's actually good. I mean the plot is as memetastic as you make it out to be, but seeing how your party members interact and develop relationships is really neat. Even if that relationship is based off of my mii loving the now lime green pigtails it has because a friend said I should get my hair done like that.
If anyone is wondering, I made the Dark Lord tumblr. I've had this tumblr mii on my 3DS and Wii U for years and I don't remember ever making or receiving it, so this is a perfect use for it! (The other major use for it was back in the Sm4sh days, it was my default Gunner mii. I loved Gunner's custom moves way more, but I messed around with the default set a bit in the extremely rare chance that I'd use Gunner in a tournament that didn't #FreeMiis. I did end up using default Gunner in a tournament once though so I guess it worked out.) Also the villagers were auto-assigned but I got Overwatch's Ana as the grandma and it was so fitting, I loved it.
Yes I predownloaded this game already shhhhh

Also Splat 2 in 3 days. Still waiting on the full weapon list to get leaked, I need to see what terrible kit they gave the Inkbrush because Nintendo could NEVER buff something that ACTUALLY needed a buff so I'm not expecting the brush to work any differently and it'll probably have a trash kit. That said, I'd love an Inkbrush with Sprinkler as the sub again (are those returning? If not then idrc what it gets) and Tenta Missiles as the special. Or maybe Inkjet. Or possibly Splash Down. Honestly I don't know much about the subs and specials in 2 so... ye. Just don't give it Inkmines again, the Nouveau already proved how horrible that was.
So in my SoV playthrough, Alm's army is really bad and desperately needs some leveling up, but I can't because one of Desaix's cavalry guys is chasing me and I can't beat him without losing a unit.

Should I restart my file and grind up my units better? It'd also allow me to make Faye a cleric because I didn't know what to do with her, so I made her a cavalier lol. I'm already at the desert with Celica, though, so idk if it'd be worth it to restart.
You could just go to an earlier dungeon and grind a bit if you aren't trapped in a dead-end by horse guy. If you are trapped, I think you can click Wait on the menu and he may walk past you if you're stuck in a village or something. Otherwise try to stall out for 3 turns in the battle and then retreat.

Or just kill Clive. Being bait is his best use. I'm not even joking.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Wow all the gorls came back, hope you're all doing fine.
I'm always here I just don't have a lot to add to the prevalent FEH topic.

Blazblue on the other hand....
I'm just so glad Arksys is doing great and is looking THAT promising.
I loved EVO Top 8, the latest announcements and I still can't believe Ruby Rose will be in a BB spinoff game.
So... probably I will play BB again.
:196:

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
"Ugh, you're doing nothing as Sombra just switch to a healer and let me kill people!!!"

My stats almost halfway into the match: 19 elims(gold elims), on fire, silver healing

Those Quickplay non-gorls need to stop before I sass them into another dimension.

I want Delthea too!! But I got a Mathilda orz
Not worth the pull. If you don't pull the Sass Kween that is Sonya first, then you are wasting your orbs. :^)

For reals tho Delly is OK. We already have blue tomes galore in this game so most players already have a good blue tome user anyway. I haven't pulled her yet but I did get a few Sonyas and Sabers. The best I could do is -HP/+DEF Saber and neutral Sonya though... Not exactly the best to use, but they're OK I guess. cricriCRICRIIIII

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning For Glory players. How's everyone doing? :4link:

All this talk about Blazblue. I remember trying out Chronophantasma. I was going to be a Kokonoe main, but I messed up badly. She's fun as hell to play don't get me wrong. But I do wish that I spent more time in the game then before.

Who knows, if she comes back in Cross Tag Battle, I'll probably get it and main her again (Dunno who else though. If Sion/Eltnum does return, I'll definitely pick her up. If not, then I can always go to my P4A main which was Teddie).

Yeah, the UI is pretty bad. Hell, I had the game crash on me a few times because of how fast I was with my inputs; it feels like the game wasn't fully optimized for the handheld. And speaking of RPG Maker FES. I'm making some slow progress myself, working on the 1st real dungeon you go through which is a Valley. Which will have a boss at the end that stops your progress.

N E P N E P

Top Bottom