• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Oh... you have 6 of her. I wish I had one. Genny is kind of lonely without her only support partner.

Haven't played Echoes, but it's kind of weird how Genny apparently can't support Boey, Celica, and Mae. Didn't she grow up with them? I remember someone mentioning Genny supporting with Saber would also make sense since apparently Saber has a little sister or something and Genny has a thing for older men... Anyway, weird that she doesn't have at least another support.

On another note, Final Fantasy V Four Job Fiesta looks cool. I might want to try it out next year despite having never played FFV.
Genny has supports with her Novis friends but she lacks Support Conversations with them

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Genny has supports with her Novis friends but she lacks Support Conversations with them
That's what I meant. She has passive supports with them, but she doesn't have support conversations or active supports with them.

Considering the quality of the voice acting, it would have been pretty interesting to know what a support between Genny and her friends would have been like. The first time I heard supports were completely voice acted was between Genny and Sonya's since I wanted to know what Sonya would sound like. It was amazing.

It's like the DLC characters in Awakening all over again

WHY COULDN'T GANGREL SUPPORT WITH CHROM/LISSA/EMMERYN
Or Fates too which I haven't played yet, but Gunter has no supports other than Corrin, Jakob, or if he's married to F!Corrin, his son Kana and Flora can't support anyone, but her sister Felicia, Corrin, and if she's married to M!Corrin, her daughter Kana. Flora should have at least been able to support Gunter if not being able to support Jakob was like the whole Catria and Cordelia thing while Gunter should have been able to support Felicia and Flora. Gunter freaking trained them all, so he's kind of a mentor and perhaps to some of them, a parental figure to them. It would have given the old man something since he has abysmal growths in Fates since he's more of a Jagen than an Oifey like Frederick.

Not sure about Reina and Yukimura, but considering they worked with the Hoshido siblings' parents, perhaps they should have been able to support with some of them? Reina and Hinoka makes sense like Reina could be giving pointers to Hinoka, a younger Sky Knight. Oh, and there's the whole Camilla can't support Azura and Sakura and Hinoka can't support Elise.

Basilio not being able to support Lon'qu and Olivia and Nowi and Tiki not being able to support, but only having interactions through DLC is also meh. You kind of expect all of them to interact with each other since they all know each other or in Nowi and Tiki's case, they would probably be curious about another manakete being there.

I would have killed for a Gangrel and Emmeryn support. They do interact in DLC, but Gangrel being all guilt-ridden and awkward around Emmeryn in a support and not in DLC would have been pretty sweet and terribly sad.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

I got my results from my exam earlier today. So I do feel a bit tired. But I got a pass on my exam! :yeahboi:
The lowest score I could get for a pass was 40. I got around 61, whereas the overall score I got for my course was 55. I'm really happy with these results. I was so worried that I'd fail the exam, but I'm so happy that I managed to pass it. <3

Lavani Lavani if Sm4sh was balanced by ArcSys. You think we would possibly see Zelda Top Tier? :secretkpop:

Also, I'm a bit late on talking about my hypest moments of EVO. But I think I got about 5 Highlights that I think were hype in no particular order:

- Readman's insane comeback against JBrill in UMvC3.
- Saint's Losers Run with JACK-7 in Tekken 7 Top 8.
- Grand Finals of Blazblue Central Fiction between Fenritti and Ryusei.
- Salem's performance in Grand Finals of Smash Wii U.
- ET's comeback against Xiaohai in the KOF XIV Grand Finals with Daimon.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Flora should have at least been able to support Gunter
Flora actually has a really nice support conversation Gunter on one of the support-oriented DLCs we never got. She basically courts him, what a forward gorl.
Lavani Lavani if Sm4sh was balanced by ArcSys. You think we would possibly see Zelda Top Tier? :secretkpop:
Well, by anime logic I would assume in anime fighters characters are buffed according to their chest sizes.

So Donkey Kong would be the new Top Tier.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
My one problem is the sprites don't really look that crisp. It was especially jarring coming directly from a BB trailer. I'd say UNIEL and Persona 4 Arena looked better too.
I can see where you're coming from. Since most of the cast and sprites are having their assests reused from other games. Then again, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 used assests from older titles. Like Mega Man's sprites from MvC1, Iron Man's from Marvel Super Heroes and even Capcom Fighting Jam was just a HUGE mess of assests thrown in (And I don't mean a good kind of mess).

But I do feel like that with how all the assests look, they still look nice for this new crossover game. Plus, if there ever needs to be new animations added to the existing assests for said character; it'll save them time instead of having to redraw all of them from scratch.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
"A little flattery will support a man through great fatigue"
Morning gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

I got my results from my exam earlier today. So I do feel a bit tired. But I got a pass on my exam! :yeahboi:
The lowest score I could get for a pass was 40. I got around 61, whereas the overall score I got for my course was 55. I'm really happy with these results. I was so worried that I'd fail the exam, but I'm so happy that I managed to pass it. <3

If smash was balanced by Arcsys, I wouldn't expect it to be much different :secretkpop:
Also, congratulations on your exams :)

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I can see where you're coming from. Since most of the cast and sprites are having their assests reused from other games. Then again, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 used assests from older titles. Like Mega Man's sprites from MvC1, Iron Man's from Marvel Super Heroes and even Capcom Fighting Jam was just a HUGE mess of assests thrown in (And I don't mean a good kind of mess).
I mean, I'm fine with them reusing assets. I'd love for the MvC2 approach just so we could basically get everyone.

But why wouldn't they go for the most recent? I'm no expert, but those BB sprites look like Continuum Shift, which came out almost a decade ago. Why not use the Central Fiction sprites for BB characters?

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I mean, I'm fine with them reusing assets. I'd love for the MvC2 approach just so we could basically get everyone.

But why wouldn't they go for the most recent? I'm no expert, but those BB sprites look like Continuum Shift, which came out almost a decade ago. Why not use the Central Fiction sprites for BB characters?
They've been using the same sprites since the first game since I imagine it would be a nightmare to redraw everything for each game. I think the only difference is that CF runs natively at 1080p.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I was gonna say "Maybe she'd become Sm4sh's Susanoo, where you start as Zelda but then unlock more buttons and eventually become a real character", but even then Susanoo's still bottom tier :thinking:

They've been using the same sprites since the first game since I imagine it would be a nightmare to redraw everything for each game. I think the only difference is that CF runs natively at 1080p.
I would imagine it's partly this and partly them needing to downscale sprites, because these games don't actually size their characters the same (or, I guess maybe P4A sizes the same as BB, I honestly can't pretend to care about that game tho)

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Hey gorls, just letting you know that I'm on vacation in Washington. I'm only able to reach you because I'm at Walmart, and internet browsing uses a surprising amount of data cri

I'm staying with my grandparents who live 5 minutes away from the waterfront on foot, which sounds great until you realize it's the Pacific so you can't enjoy being in water itself

I'll make sure to keep everyone posted!

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Strength - Value has an effect on Attack Power
Defense - Value that has an effect on Physical Defense
Magic - Value that has an effect on Magical Attack and Healing
Intelligence - Value has an effect on Magical Defense, Consumed MP also varies depend on this (Every 40 points in this lowers the MP cost by 1 point unless the cost is less than 50% of the real cost)
((If heal costs 100 and I had 2000 Intelligence the cost of heal becomes 50 but the cost won't lower after that))
Speed - This Value that has an effect on Turn in battle,chance of dodging and chance to Flee.

TBH i was hoping you finished your rpg before me so i had an idea of what to start with.
I have stats and ability set up for the roster if you want to see them. I just have been too lazy to develop dialogue and program the battle system to work correctly.

:150:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Hey gorls, just letting you know that I'm on vacation in Washington. I'm only able to reach you because I'm at Walmart, and internet browsing uses a surprising amount of data cri

I'm staying with my grandparents who live 5 minutes away from the waterfront on foot, which sounds great until you realize it's the Pacific so you can't enjoy being in water itself

I'll make sure to keep everyone posted!
Enjoy your vacation.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Suck it up and jump in. It's the middle of the summer, and it's a beach in walking distance. It's not like it's Lake Michigan in the off season or anything.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
39,935. 65 points away from 40,000 for the Tempest Trials. Ugh... Whatever, I'll have Phantom Speed right after this post which is kind of useless to me when the only -sweep user I have is Soren. Both trials were not that great in rewards outside of regular stuff. Yay for Breath of Life and Resistance seals, kind of yay for Quickened Pulse, and meh for Phantom Speed. Already had a Lucina, so masked Lucina was ehhh while Tobin... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I swear if the next trials unit is this guy.

Why couldn't Tobin have Firesweep Sword? The weird part now is that if you when you consider what Gray brought in for a weapon, it makes sense that Tobin has Armorslayer. Alm is effective against dragons, Gray is effective against cavalry, and Tobin is effective against knights. Also, Faye who being an archer -- RIP Tobin -- is effective against fliers. That leaves Kliff and I don't think being effective against infantry would make sense. Does Gaiden/Echoes or the other Fire Emblem games even have weapons effective against infantry? Then again, Celica's technically effective against infantry with that tome of hers... >_>

Anyway, hating this weather. There's been several tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings and watches. And when it doesn't rain when it's forecast to rain, it's hella humid and hot and humid weather is the absolute worst.

Edit: There! 40,199 points. Stupid freaking trials.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: I just realized this after blasting through the trials to get the Phantom Speed seal: the daily trials quests are still going to be up for the next day, so that's still 60 stamina I'll have to spend...

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
The original Punch-Out game is so much fun, honestly. Such a great Pick-up and Play game with great difficulty scaling. It's also worthy to note that watching any of those boxing matches would be so much fun. Especially Piston Honda and Great Tiger. It's also aged incredibly well, compared to the original Metroid for example.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
My Berkut is now 5 Stars aw yeah
39,935. 65 points away from 40,000 for the Tempest Trials. Ugh... Whatever, I'll have Phantom Speed right after this post which is kind of useless to me when the only -sweep user I have is Soren. Both trials were not that great in rewards outside of regular stuff. Yay for Breath of Life and Resistance seals, kind of yay for Quickened Pulse, and meh for Phantom Speed. Already had a Lucina, so masked Lucina was ehhh while Tobin... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I swear if the next trials unit is this guy.

Why couldn't Tobin have Firesweep Sword? The weird part now is that if you when you consider what Gray brought in for a weapon, it makes sense that Tobin has Armorslayer. Alm is effective against dragons, Gray is effective against cavalry, and Tobin is effective against knights. Also, Faye who being an archer -- RIP Tobin -- is effective against fliers. That leaves Kliff and I don't think being effective against infantry would make sense. Does Gaiden/Echoes or the other Fire Emblem games even have weapons effective against infantry? Then again, Celica's technically effective against infantry with that tome of hers... >_>

Anyway, hating this weather. There's been several tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings and watches. And when it doesn't rain when it's forecast to rain, it's hella humid and I hot and humid weather is the absolute worst.

Edit: There! 40,199 points. Stupid freaking trials.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: I just realized this after blasting through the trials to get the Phantom Speed seal: the daily trials quests are still going to be up for the next day, so that's still 60 stamina I'll have to spend...
I always thought it would be cool to have more infantry-killing weapons other than Kagero's dagger. Maybe if they introduce some it would warrant another Shield skill which would be cool, even if it isn't very necessary
Just watch, to keep with the theme they'll make Kliff a thief with Poison Dagger (or another weapon that's the same thing but better like the Slaying Weapons) even though they weren't even in Echoes. I mean, it's not like they wanna stick to canon anyways

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon Not Zelda mains. How's everyone doing? :4sheik:

Been out for my brunch today which was nice, though I had to get myself some mints; since I stunk of red onion. I had a 100% chicken burger with a salad and some extra mayo. It was niiiice~

Also, I just realised that the whole thing of a Blazblue title coming to the Switch. What if Cross Tag Battle is that game that will be coming to the Switch? That would be pretty cool. Being able to take Blazblue on the go with proper controls and actual online (Something that the 3DS version of Continnum Shift couldn't even do. smh).

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
The stupid TT is finished. 40,062 points. I think I hated every second of this one.

Oddly enough they kind of made the 2nd highest difficulty useless this time. Getting to the final stage with my Flier Team then beating it with my Mae Team would get me about 482 with the highest speed multiplier. Assuming I don't lose a unit beforehand, or need a third team to soften the final stage. Doing my 4 team strat from the first TT would give me 411-441 points depending on the speed score.

Oooorrrr I could just do the much easier 3rd highest difficulty, get to and cripple the final stage with my Flier Team before surrendering and taking out the scraps with my Mae Team for a basically guaranteed 422 points.

That leaves Kliff and I don't think being effective against infantry would make sense.
Kliff is effective against my heart, does that count?

Regardless what I really want them to do is release a Flame Shuriken. Let me turn my Felicia into a Maido Destroyer of Worlds like in Fates, kthnx.

20 stamina for 2 stamina potions is a good deal, tbh.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
My final score in tempest trials was 50K. my nino has 3,000 SP now LMAO

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
my final score is just over 6k because i really don't like the tempest trials and i just wanted a single copy of tobin for collection purposes

i'm happy about the new cavalry banner because i've been wanting an olwen for a long time. i spent a lot of orbs trying to get her on her last banner, but i never had any luck. if i get a decent one, i'll probably use her instead of reinhardt on my cavalry team

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I wouldn't mind an Olwen, she seems nice and Rein is lame and overused
Maybe I could use her on an alternate Horse team with Berkut and Eldigan, + a green horse. But I still wanna summon on the Echoes banners so I'm conflicted. I don't wanna buy orbs since I'm tight on money and I don't care THAT much about getting her

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I'd like a dire thunder user too, but I still need sonya, Delthea, and hopefuly summer tiki.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
20 stamina for 2 stamina potions is a good deal, tbh.
It's still more Tempest Trials stuff I had to do. Yay, the torture is over for now.

Also, I love how the developers are making it very easy to make cavalry teams. Here's 3 free special map cavaliers, 5 GHB cavaliers 2 of whom have built-in Distant Counter weapons, and more cavalry-related banners. So... when are we getting more flyers with flyer buffs and more knights? Elincia with Amiti would be pretty cool and so would Tanith. Oh, look, we now have double the amount of red flyers where one has a legendary Brave Sword while the other would possibly have a Distant Counter sword which Narcian could have fulfilled with his Runesword. Cue Elincia being a flying healer with the worst possible stat spread ever and Tanith inexplicably becoming an axe Pegasus Knight with a Hammer i.e. Tanith becomes axe Caeda despite Tanith's stat spread in the Tellius games being closer to what Hinoka is in Heroes.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
+atk -hp cherche has blessT me. i'll promote her to 5* eventually

i also got a 5* Roderick while pulling for Olwen, so idk to whom i'll give his lance. i have some good natured shannas, cordelias (pulled a +spd one today), and ests, so i have options

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Ban high tier Calvary. U losers don't get Rein, Xander, Camus, or Gronnblade Cecilia. Make do with Berkut, Sully, Stahl, and Clarine >: (

*hides my own Xander, Camus, and Cecilia from the purge*

*really wants to use a Stahl/Sully/Berkut team*

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
+atk sully with firesweep lance sounds like fun

give her life and death 3 and watch her destroy people with 50/39 offensive spread (56/45 with hone and 60/49 with hone+goad)

stahl's offensive spread is pretty awful (31/26 base), but i'm sure you could find a way to make him usable, especially with the insane horse buffs

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
+atk sully with firesweep lance sounds like fun

give her life and death 3 and watch her destroy people with 50/39 offensive spread (56/45 with hone and 60/49 with hone+goad)

stahl's offensive spread is pretty awful (31/26 base), but i'm sure you could find a way to make him usable, especially with the insane horse buffs
Well hey whad'ya know, I have an extra Roderick that I've had no idea what to do with for weeks.
He'll make a great dinner for Sully :D
As for Stahl, Brave Sword+ might be his best option since he'll have decent attack with Horse Buffs and the right skills. Plus I also have a bad nature Ogma that I've been saving as well
But I'll be sure to calculate it all first before I invest. I should wait till I get a good nature Stahl too, but until then I can train his 1 Star Neutral version
Same for my 3 Star Sully who is -HP/+Res ew

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Well hey whad'ya know, I have an extra Roderick that I've had no idea what to do with for weeks.
As for Stahl, Brave Sword+ might be his best option since he'll have decent attack with Horse Buffs and the right skills. Plus I also have a bad nature Ogma that I've been saving as well
But I'll be sure to calculate it all first before I invest. I should wait till I get a good nature Stahl too, but until then I can train his 1 Star Neutral version
yeah, looking at the calcs, a brave build is the way to go for stahl

with the standard brave weapon+/DB3/breaker skill (swordbreaker in this case) build and NO horse buffs, +atk -res stahl 1RKOs 99 units

a hone bumps that up to 125, and hone+goad bumps it to 137

horse emblem really does make everyone viable

too bad like every other option is still better than him

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Stahl is not even hot tho, unlike Brodude Silas. So you may as well just wait. :^)

But yes, the only way to make use of Stahl is +ATK nature with Death Blow and a Brave Sword. Even then he won't be the best guy around.

Peri can pull off a FireSweep. As for Sully, I am not entirely sure what can make her work. She might just need to stay as a Sapphire Lance user with +SPD or maybe go for a Quadbuild with +ATK/+SPD. She's in a worse spot that Titania no matter what you do. cricricri

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Stahl is not even hot tho, unlike Brodude Silas. So you may as well just wait. :^)

But yes, the only way to make use of Stahl is +ATK nature with Death Blow and a Brave Sword. Even then he won't be the best guy around.

Peri can pull off a FireSweep. As for Sully, I am not entirely sure what can make her work. She might just need to stay as a Sapphire Lance user with +SPD or maybe go for a Quadbuild with +ATK/+SPD. She's in a worse spot that Titania no matter what you do. cricricri
Gorl if I'm even considering using Stahl and Sully it's pretty obvious idc who the best guy around is
I'd sooner use Wrathful Staff Clarine than only use the best gorls around like Rein and Azura and Ryoma. They're lame and I don't have them so
Besides, who knows what Stahl's like under all that armor ;)

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i would use stahl if his art wasn't so weird

he looks bizarre and i'm not a fan

i liked him a lot in awakening, but not enough to justify using that gross art

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Besides, who knows what Stahl's like under all that armor ;)
Completely average. It's a plot point in his support convo with Miriel; he's middle of the bell curve in every metric she can think of when compared to the rest of the army, thus making him both average in every way and a statistical impossibility.

But this is animeland so you're average Awakening bishie.

She's in a worse spot that Titania no matter what you do. cricricri
But she gets all the skills, though. She's up there as one of the most valuable skill fodders, really can't complain when I roll a Sully.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Brave lance berkut with lance breaker 3 KOs every lance unit in the game iirc.

That's neat I guess

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
i would use stahl if his art wasn't so weird

he looks bizarre and i'm not a fan

i liked him a lot in awakening, but not enough to justify using that gross art
Yyyyeah his head just looks weird in his attack art
But I like his standing and injured art

Also:
+Atk -Res 5 Star Sully with Firesweep Lance+, L&D, Lancebreaker, Moonbow (uncharged), and full Calvary buffs has 124 Wins against the neutral cast. 132 wins with Moonbow charged. Not bad imo. Replacing FS+ with Brave Lance+ Nets 133 wins, 140 with Moonbow charged, which is even better. I like Firesweep though, no counterattacks is fun. I guess she can use both, but I'll have to wait until I get Brave Lance+ fodder or the feathers to make one. She can live with a normal Brave Lance until then.

Completely average. It's a plot point in his support convo with Miriel; he's middle of the bell curve in every metric she can think of when compared to the rest of the army, thus making him both average in every way and a statistical impossibility.

But this is animeland so you're average Awakening bishie.

But she gets all the skills, though. She's up there as one of the most valuable skill fodders, really can't complain when I roll a Sully.
Hey I don't always need huge fit bara men. Average is just fine as well, sometimes better :D

Edit: wait a sec...
Sully: Blue unit, but Red gorl
Stahl: Red unit, but Green gorl
Frederick: Green unit, but Blue gorl
I can make a rainbow of inaccuracy >:0
+ Berkut who's the edgy part of the rainbow

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Also:
+Atk -Res 5 Star Sully with Firesweep Lance+, L&D, Lancebreaker, Moonbow (uncharged), and full Calvary buffs has 124 Wins against the neutral cast. 132 wins with Moonbow charged. Not bad imo. Replacing FS+ with Brave Lance+ Nets 133 wins, 140 with Moonbow charged, which is even better. I like Firesweep though, no counterattacks is fun. I guess she can use both, but I'll have to wait until I get Brave Lance+ fodder or the feathers to make one. She can live with a normal Brave Lance until then.

Hey I don't always need huge fit bara men. Average is just fine as well, sometimes better :D

:^)

Top Bottom