• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Completely average. It's a plot point in his support convo with Miriel; he's middle of the bell curve in every metric she can think of when compared to the rest of the army, thus making him both average in every way and a statistical impossibility.
Which in Awakening and in the main games, can be really good when you're at least decent at everything you do. At worst, RNG screws you over while at best, average growths (in the appropriate places) can just build on whatever class you are.

In Heroes, eh... and much worse when you're not an infantry or knight because lower BST means you're losing out on stat points that could help and you might not be that average anymore.

The issue with Stahl is if you go with +Atk, +Def, or even +Spd, he still gets outclassed by the other sword cavaliers because they can not only go beyond that if they're +Atk, +Def, or +Spd, but usually already have the skill set he's going try and get.

+Atk Stahl has 34 attack. Cool, let's give him a Brave Sword... Oh... wait, Luke would have the exact same stat spread if Stahl was +Atk, -Res except the sad part is that Luke's still slightly faster and slightly more magically resistant. +Atk, -Res Stahl would have 45 HP, 34 Atk, 26 Spd, 30 Def, and 19 Res to Luke's 43 HP, 34 Atk, 28 Spd, 30 Def, and 20 Res. Luke's already doing not fast, but hard-hitting Brave Sword cavalier by default and +Atk Luke would be sitting at 37 base attack.

+Def Stahl would have 33 Def. Eldigan and Xander say hi with their 34 and 37 respective defense. The only thing Stahl would have over them is resistance or speed if he's not -Res or -Spd which means he'd have to lose in attack or HP. +Def, -Res Stahl would be a weaker Eldigan because he doesn't have Mystletainn. He'd also be slower if you consider Eldigan has Fury 3 by default. +Def, -Spd would only have better resistance than both Eldigan and Xander, but be weaker and slower than both of them.

+Spd Stahl has 30 speed. Cain has 32 speed and a Brave Sword by default. 32 attack and defense is better than 31 attack and 30 speed. Not to mention that Brave users tend to not take damage, so Cain's slightly lower HP and defense doesn't really matter.

Eliwood is an entirely different beast and is the only one who does something none of the other sword cavaliers can do at the moment since he's the only sword cavalier with high resistance.

Anyway, Stahl's not bad. He's just ridiculously average which is a point of his character, but it does screw him over. Worst case scenario is he's like Gunter and Oboro who are outclassed by other units with similar stat spreads, but still a good unit regardless. Kind of sucks since he's one of my favorite characters because he's so normal. In Stahl's case, he's the only sword cavalier at the moment with an assist skill which also happens to be the assist skill both fellow physical walls Eldigan and Xander want.

If Stahl was a different class like a wyvern rider or Naga forbid, another sword unit, he could probably be really good. As a melee cavalier, he's sitting at 154 BST. You could dump 3 to 4 points into his resistance and he'd be pretty bulky with 45 HP, 30 defense, and 25 to 26 resistance. The only problem is his speed which you could take 3 points of his HP to give him 29 speed which could get him out from being doubled by some units.

42 HP, 31 attack, 29 speed, 30 defense, and 25 resistance. It would take 72 physical damage or 67 magical to one-shot him or 51x2 physical or 46x2 magical to double him to death. If he were a lance-wielding wyvern rider, he'd be a tankier Catria. Give him Berkut's Lance or a Sapphire Lance and maybe Iote's Shield and he'd be one annoying flying wall. With Berkut's Lance, it would basically take at least 72 total or 51x2 to kill him with either magical or physical attacks. Sit this man on a defense tile and watch him laugh at everything trying to kill him. Freaking effective 39 defense and 37 resistance without flier buffs.

i would use stahl if his art wasn't so weird

he looks bizarre and i'm not a fan

i liked him a lot in awakening, but not enough to justify using that gross art
The weird thing is he's drawn by Mayo and bride Cordelia -- especially bride Cordelia --, Jeorge, summer F!Robin -- her idle face is a bit round, but she still looks cool --, Sheena, and Sully all look awesome. Meanwhile, Stahl looking all right at best. Oh, wait, maybe that's the point with Mr. Average.

Speaking of art, I kind of want to summon for Mathilda, but I want Sonya and I need another red mage. Decisions...

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Sully: Blue unit, but Red gorl
Stahl: Red unit, but Green gorl
Frederick: Green unit, but Blue gorl
So it's a reverse of the Askran trio, where the color they wear is what they're effective against.
Alfonse has blue eyes, Sharena has green eyes, and Anna has red eyes.
Alfonse loses to blue, Sharena loses to green, Anna loses to red.
Anyways... yeah. I can't make Berkut work. Brash Assault isn't as great as I thought it would be. The defense stats really mean nothing when even RED units can take away most of his health because of his trash speed. The last resort that I can think of (since I want to keep his weapon) is Tri Adept and make him focus purely on reds.
I just want to use him because of his voice, why must he be so trash ;_;

So before Splat 2 comes out tomorrow, I wanted to hit 900,000 points on the Inkbrush today. It was going well but then this happened.

Well... I'm never playing this game again so it'll just have to stay there.

Also NINTY WHY YOU REMOVE THE BESTBRUSH FROM SPLAT 2 THIS IS LITERALLY THE ONLY WEAPON I CAN PLAY WELL WITH WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO USE NOW???? THE OCTOBRUSH IS IF I WANTED TO PLAY SOMETHING GOOD AND WHY WOULD I DO THAT???? AND THAT'S THE ONLY BRUSH IN THE GAME, SPLAT 1 HAD VERY FEW BRUSHES SO IDK WHY THEY THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO REMOVE SOME AND HAVE ONLY 1 BRUSH NOW.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Cress! Cress! use the parasol/umbrella. It's the only way to cover your face so Pearl doesn't directly look at you/see you.

Get that guy in the game, then we'll talk
True, true, that little fuzzy school gorl guy would really be the best addition to FEH. I must've been confused. :^)

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Cress! Cress! use the parasol/umbrella. It's the only way to cover your face so Pearl doesn't directly look at you/see you.
O yeah I definitely will.

But it won't be in the game at launch.

What do I do for a month besides cry

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I think the big problem everyone is having with Berkut is that everyone's trying so hard to make him into something he's not-a high Attack deadly force. He's meant to be a straight up wall, on both fronts, which he can easily do with Fortify Calvary, and his default skills. BL+/Water Boost/Fortify Calvary puts him at 37/40 defenses which is insane. There's the issue with the low speed though, which can be kinda mitigated with a Hone Calvary Boost and maybe a Goad too. Hone and Goad put him at 32 speed which is fairly decent, and at least enough to avoid being doubled to death

Maybe I'm just being optimistic and maybe I dunno what I'm talking about but that seems pretty good for walling things out, and he seems like he'd do well on a Defense Team at least

Sadly I can't easily do calcs for him yet cause he isn't on Kagero Chart yet but I think he's underrated, at least for now. I know the meta is very offense oriented so people don't really want to use a wall, but I wanna give him a try

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Anyways... yeah. I can't make Berkut work. Brash Assault isn't as great as I thought it would be. The defense stats really mean nothing when even RED units can take away most of his health because of his trash speed.
Wait, why are you giving Berkut Brash Assault?

The units who run Brash Assault well excluding Lyn have +43 HP and +30 defense and usually along with some kind of effect on their weapon that helps out if they're not super physically bulky like Bartre and Hinata. Also, they're slow, so Gray and Tobin could work, but they're faster and could make use of that. Berkut fits the stat part, but not the weapon part like at all. If he had even higher defense, then maybe, but Berkut's this weird mixed tank.

Right off the bat, Hinata's okay with Brash Assault, but maybe not as good as Alfonse and Chrom -- I'll need to check -- and there's the issue of Ruby Sword making it so he doesn't really get into Brash Assault range quickly against axes. That being said, Hinata has 47 HP and 36 defense. That's really physically bulky not to mention Hinata being 2 speed faster could help out even though he's 2 attack lower than Berkut.

Bartre is kind of stupid if you give him a Brave Axe and you let him get into Brash Assault's range. 49 HP, 36 attack, and 33 defense. He's bulkier and he hits much harder.

Otherwise, you have Alfonse, Chrom, and Seliph. Alfonse is slightly bulkier with 32 defense and 25 speed if that matters while also effectively having 62 total attack if he initiates at Brash Assault's range because of his default Death Blow 3, Folkvangr's built-in Defiant Attack 2, and his 35 base attack. You could sacrifice 6 attack for 7 defense, but Alfonse hitting like a truck might be better (and cheaper and less effort). Also, Sol can keep him alive. Note: don't give him Defiant Attack 3; it just overrides his Folkvangr's effect and Brave Sword would rather have Death Blow 3 than Defiant Attack.

Chrom has bulk and attack when he's sitting at 47 HP, 37 attack, and 31 defense. Dude even comes with Defiant Defense 3 by default. He doesn't get the effects of Alfonse or Seliph's weapons, but Falchion's Renewal 2 can help him for sustain alongside his default Sol if he doesn't need Brash Assault to destroy units and being effective against dragons helps too.

Seliph would probably be the closest to Berkut in stats. Same attack and same defense, but more HP and speed for less resistance without any skills to boost his resistance. At Brash Assault's range, however, Seliph would at least have +4 to defense or +11 with Defiant Defense 3. At 50% HP, default Seliph would have 26 HP and 34 defense while Seliph with Defiant Defense 3 would have 23 HP and 41 defense. Both are bulkier than Berkut's 21 HP and 37 defense with Defiant Defense 3.

And also, excluding Alfonse, all of these units have access to boons and banes. All of them can become much bulkier with +Def or +HP or hit much harder with +Atk.

Anyway, it works, but I think the other units work Brash Assault better. Brash Assault being a very niche skill is also another problem since unless you have the bulk (and attack), it's not going to be that great unless you have a built-in Desperation 2 in your weapon. Built-in Brash Assault 2 would be terrible since it wouldn't mix well when you need to be <= 40% HP while the Defiant and and Desperation 2 skills need you to be at <= 50%.

I'm not sure what Berkut really wants, but he's a unit that I wish would appear in future Tempest Trials alongside the other GHB units. A Berkut in Lunatic trials would basically be like a +10 merged Berkut, so, he'd have around 47 HP, 38 Atk, 26 Spd, 34 Defense, and 28 Res. If attacked and he'd probably have more than 47 HP, he'd effectively have 36 defense and 38 resistance. So, to one-shot him if he had 47 HP and was at full HP or in Water Boost's range, you'd need to do 81 physical or 85 magical. Otherwise, 58x2 physical or 62x2 magical. 26 isn't that high, but that still means you'd need at least 31 speed or Lancebreaker to double. +Atk Reinhardt would need Lancebreaker to kill him if Berkut had >48 HP. Nino and F!Robin are like the easiest ways to kill him, but F!Robin needs a speed buff. The other green mages actually struggle to kill him without attack buffs or speed buffs in Cecilia and Julia's case. Oh, and his B-slot is free, so he could run Quick Riposte or Cancel Affinity to screw you over. This man would be such an annoying wall and it'd be amazing.

If only Berkut (and only Berkut because such degeneracy should not occur) could use Wary Fighter.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Wait, why are you giving Berkut Brash Assault?
Because
I'm not sure what Berkut really wants
I didn't ACTUALLY give him BA yet (he's still level 1 lol, waiting for the double SP weekend even though he shouldn't really need it since I'm leveling up the 3 star one), I just ran simulations in the battle simulator. And since Burgundy Burgundy will ask how, just pick another blue lance unit like Sully and change her stats to match Berkut's. His Lance and Water Boost aren't added yet, but just throw more points into Res if you wanna test anything with that. Just make sure to change the weapon to something like a Silver Lance so that Sapphire Lance's effect doesn't mess anything up (unless you wanted to use it or TA on him).
But I have NO CLUE what to do with him so I'm desperately trying everything.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
OK! So gorls! I am giving up my FEH account temporarily or maybe forever, depending how things go. Please PM me if you want a lucky beluga whale'd FEH account. I'll give you MyNintendo information so you can link it. Feel free to do whatever you want, but don't get rid of any the Heart'd gorls because they are my precious babies. There's 300 slots and tons of fodder, though. So maybe you'll have to do a bunch of skill inherit sacrifices and can then do the summoning thing.

Preferably a F2P gorl, but any gorl will do I suppose.

OK, so I have surgery coming up. It's not fully scheduled since it depends on the doctor, personal funds, and so on. But it's basically a few days or a month from now. It's not urgent unless the situation gets worse, but it is one that has some weighty risks. So if I disappear, it's because I accidentally performed Side+B instead of Up+B when recovering and then fell into the blast zone. As a gorl often does because sass can be blinding.

So if I do disapoof, know that it's not because I grew bored of you gorls but because I did the thing. Also I love you gorls and you are all awesome, etc, etc, etc, please keep it sassy, classy, and never trashy, etc, etc, etc, and whatever else a gorl is supposed to say because I am bad at SRS BSNS things.

I'm still going to post ofc. This is just a preemptive measure just in case life keeps me from posting and tomorrow will be the day that helps gauge the urgency of the situation (yay tests and scans and boring time consuming things).

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
U losers don't get Rein, Xander, Camus, or Gronnblade Cecilia
oops this may be the exact team I'm running for this season at the moment

Tempest is finally over, and rewards are out. Final score was 147k because I have no life and I sold my sanity for 10k feathers.

Now I can move onto Berkut GHB and pony/chapter 12 quests.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Disrespect/Hype af mains. How's everyone doing? :4ganondorf:

With Splatoon 2 releasing today I have... gone and bought Fate/EXTELLA instead for Switch. :secretkpop:

I know, I'm such a bad girl. I'd make Nero proud.

Also, the villain for Sonic Forces looks incredibly edgy af. His name is Infinite and he's voiced by... Liam O'Brian, yes the same guy that voiced Leviathan in Skullgirls and Ieyasu Tokugawa in Sengoku Basara. Whenever I hear Infinite speak, all I can hear is Liam saying "Get Over Here!" and "May my fists unite all!".

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Because

I didn't ACTUALLY give him BA yet (he's still level 1 lol, waiting for the double SP weekend even though he shouldn't really need it since I'm leveling up the 3 star one), I just ran simulations in the battle simulator. And since Burgundy Burgundy will ask how, just pick another blue lance unit like Sully and change her stats to match Berkut's. His Lance and Water Boost aren't added yet, but just throw more points into Res if you wanna test anything with that. Just make sure to change the weapon to something like a Silver Lance so that Sapphire Lance's effect doesn't mess anything up (unless you wanted to use it or TA on him).
Well I knew I COULD do that, I just couldn't do it easily cause it was late and I wasn't feeling like it xp

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I think the big problem everyone is having with Berkut is that everyone's trying so hard to make him into something he's not-a high Attack deadly force.
The problem with Berkut are two-fold:

1) No one can justify using him when everyone already has Camus

2) Contrary to his name, Berkut is not actually a bear.

Hey I don't always need huge fit bara men. Average is just fine as well, sometimes better :D
Which in Awakening and in the main games, can be really good when you're at least decent at everything you do. At worst, RNG screws you over while at best, average growths (in the appropriate places) can just build on whatever class you are.
Well, what Miriel figures out through thorough studying of Stahl working out with his shirt off, Stahl's reputation of being perfectly average is so well known that the rest of the army unknowingly judge themselves relative to him. So if they see Stahl self-improving, it lights a fire in them to self-improve as well by an equal amount.

And thus Stahl remains exactly average relative to the rest of the soldiers, but the entire army itself has improved in absolute terms.

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO USE NOW????.
Bucket is always the answer.
With Splatoon 2 releasing today I have... gone and bought Fate/EXTELLA instead for Switch. :secretkpop:
> F/GO US just announced Nerofest
> Fate/EXTELLA on Switch comes out in US

Tell me how that goes; the Vita version cut down the enemy density something fierce to run smoothly.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Also, the villain for Sonic Forces looks incredibly edgy af. His name is Infinite
It would provide more surprise if he wasn't edgy. It's good to see SEGA embraced it by giving him your average edgy name, among Steel and Lightning. Sonic Forces shall be an interesting game, no denial is to be cast on that.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I'm still going to post ofc. This is just a preemptive measure just in case life keeps me from posting and tomorrow will be the day that helps gauge the urgency of the situation (yay tests and scans and boring time consuming things).
Please accept this image of a Zelda's sass beating ANTi 9000-to-0 as a good luck charm.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
The problem with Berkut are two-fold:

1) No one can justify using him when everyone already has Camus

2) Contrary to his name, Berkut is not actually a bear.

Well, what Miriel figures out through thorough studying of Stahl working out with his shirt off, Stahl's reputation of being perfectly average is so well known that the rest of the army unknowingly judge themselves relative to him. So if they see Stahl self-improving, it lights a fire in them to self-improve as well by an equal amount.

And thus Stahl remains exactly average relative to the rest of the soldiers, but the entire army itself has improved in absolute terms.

Bucket is always the answer.

Tell me how that goes; the Vita version cut down the enemy density something fierce to run smoothly.
Yeah well Camus is lame and needs to be hard nerfed :^)
Berkut is more dramatic and has edgier armor therefor better by default

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You could just provide him your love. I'm sure he'll love you back. :p

Yeah, I remember that support conversation. Guess Stahl's the reason why the Shepherds keep becoming stronger. Speaking of Shepherds, I got another Chrom and Donnel. Maybe I'll try to get Mathilda I thought. It'll be fine to spend orbs I thought.

I did not get a Mathilda and Raigh showed up to rub it in when it could have been any other red mage that wasn't Raigh or Sophia. How the hell do people get Lilina and Tharja!? Seriously!! The next GHB after Clive better be a freaking red mage, dammit!!!

4* Chrom: +Spd, -Atk. Screw it, you're staying and that other -Atk Beruka is going home or getting merged because I don't have to spend feathers on you to get Defiant Defense 3.

3* Donnel: +HP, -Def.

4* Gordin: +Spd, -Atk. I think this is the third -Atk Gordin I've gotten. What the hell, game.

3* Raigh: +HP, -Spd.

3* Subaki: +Def, -HP.

Edit: Because why not. Why save orbs for stuff?
4* Lon'qu: +Atk, -HP. Oh, cool, a faster Navarre, but with slightly worse defense and resistance.

3* Raigh: +HP, -Atk. Now that I think of it, I think all of my summoned Raighs were +HP. Really, game?

4* Rebecca: +HP, -Res. Better than +Def, -Atk that's for damn sure.

5* Sonya: +Def, -Res. She's basically a +Def, -Spd Soren which ironically, was my first Soren and still ironically, she still has good resistance. Well, 29 considering if +Spd, -Res Soren becomes the main Soren, then yeah, 29 is the highest resistance I have for a green mage. Could have been worse. Could have been way worse if she was -Atk or -Spd.

3* Wrys: +HP, -Res.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: Oh, right, Sonya has Res Ploy... 29 resistance is going to miss out on some people.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
WARRIORS GAMEPLAY TIME AAAAAAAHSJABZIABA
  • Lucina looks basic. I mean that in a "they are at least functional but probably won't be very good because of how bland they are" kind of way.
  • Robin looks great, all of his attacks have WOWOWOW range, and he has lots of style and flair as well.
  • LISSA SUPERGLUED FREDDY TO HER AXE AND PROCEEDED TO BEAT HIM AROUND SENSELESSLY I NEED THIS CHARACTER ASAP
  • I heard Anna commentating. Hopefully she'll be playable as well, but I was fearing that her only role in the game would be as a commentator.
Edit: Koei Tecmo Japan has a video of a support convo between Chrom and Marth. Of course it's all in Japanese so idk what's being said, but it's still neat to see how the convos will be styled.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I have a question. What method/website would you recommend to watch Dragon Ball Kai? Crunchyroll doesn't seem to have it, rather they just show ongoing shows. Even illegal websites either don't load or are filtered with ads.
I want to avoid watching Dragon Ball Z if possible, I like shows that stick closer to the source material.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Lazy translation attempt but Chrom thanks Marth for helping him on the battlefield. Marth's glad to help and admires Chrom's bravery, which reminds him of King Anri, to which Chrom replies "...Anri?"

That Lissa glitch is amazing and should be made a feature imo

also they played as f!corrin a bit but it's not like there was anything worth talking about there, they even forgot to mention her in the description

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
None of the characters in Warriors shown off so far look that interesting imo

Lucina is boring like always, Robin is basically just his Smash incarnation, Lissa is axe gorl, and Corrin looks uninteresting

I hope they have someone like Fi in HW who was super unique and fun to play

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Lazy translation attempt but Chrom thanks Marth for helping him on the battlefield. Marth's glad to help and admires Chrom's bravery, which reminds him of King Anri, to which Chrom replies "...Anri?"

That Lissa glitch is amazing and should be made a feature imo

also they played as f!corrin a bit but it's not like there was anything worth talking about there, they even forgot to mention her in the description
I don't think it is a glitch. I hope it isn't a glitch. Let Lissa keep her superglue.

:4corrinf: isn't a new character, they played her at E3. So she's irrelevant now and that's why they most likely never mentioned her.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lucina's stance still looks derpy. It just looks so impractical since it's kind of a guard stance, but not. If it was something like Ryoma or KH2-onward Sora where it's a high guard, then sure. I don't know, her stance was the one thing that has bothered me ever since I saw it. At least Chrom only takes the stance occasionally and not all the time like Lucina.

Lissa looks so fun and I hope that was a feature and not a bug. :p

I wonder what Anna will be in FE Warriors. Mage Anna? She's covered the weapon triangle, has used staves and bows, and rode a Pegasus for a tutorial in PoR, but she's never been a cavalier, mage, or wyvern rider.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
WARRIORS GAMEPLAY TIME AAAAAAAHSJABZIABA
  • Lucina looks basic. I mean that in a "they are at least functional but probably won't be very good because of how bland they are" kind of way.
  • Robin looks great, all of his attacks have WOWOWOW range, and he has lots of style and flair as well.
  • LISSA SUPERGLUED FREDDY TO HER AXE AND PROCEEDED TO BEAT HIM AROUND SENSELESSLY I NEED THIS CHARACTER ASAP
  • I heard Anna commentating. Hopefully she'll be playable as well, but I was fearing that her only role in the game would be as a commentator.
Edit: Koei Tecmo Japan has a video of a support convo between Chrom and Marth. Of course it's all in Japanese so idk what's being said, but it's still neat to see how the convos will be styled.

• My biggest problem is that’s not really how Lucina walks in Awakening, which just makes it weird as that’s a deliberate design decision on top of looking goofy.
  • The weapons are very distinctive; bronze axes and swords are definitely bronze axes and swords. Some enemies and Lissa are definitely holding the same axe, Iron probably.
  • We have FE stats, wonder how they work. Does a high speed actually make you faster? Do critical hits exist in this game?
  • All I’m really seeing with Robin is a little of Lana’s Book of Magic, and a lot of Marin’s Bell. But he’s not a pop star with a selfie stick or drops a whale on his enemies so he’s automatically worse.
  • I don’t like the static models on the level up screen. Their faces are so bland, while everyone was so distinctive in HW.
  • Frederick and Chrom change from Japanese to English between cutscene and battle what?
  • Robin leveled up when he wasn’t the character in play?
  • Instead of giving her a bolt axe, Lissa special attack seems to be a bolt axe. So Lissa makes EVERY axe into a bolt axe.
  • Lissa is all “I’mma beat a ************ with another ************” and it’s glorious and everything I want from this and I swear to god Cress if you make her low tier I will fite u irl.
  • A lot of the VAing sounds are different / worse than from Awakening / Fates.
  • Only two exceptions seemed to be Chrom and Lissa. They were fine.
  • Frederick does not say “Pick a God and Pray”, pre-order canceled.
  • If they add Felicia and she's not all "You're just a STAIN!!!!", pre-order re-ordered just so I can cancel again.
  • Enemy Guard gauge didn’t have any sound effect and is less visually impactful. We see Corrin’s Guard Break as well and it’s not very cinematic.
  • I like the overworld map with the 3DS sprites showing you where the characters are.
  • What the **** was that with Lucina and the shining bow and arrow and her possibly-enemy-specific dialogue (“Just watch father”) and jumping in to the air like that a little bit before the stage clear? That was legit the most interesting thing Lucina did throughout the entire video.
Other than Lissa, I'm left somewhat unimpressed. Even if the moveset is competent (Robin), it's not as impactful as anyone from HW, even when compared with the characters that had very similar attacks.

Like, Fate/Extella really shouldn't be coming off better here, not after Hyrule Warriors.

For instance, here's the character trailer for Archimedes from Extella,

If Marvelous can make an ancient Greek mathematician cool looking in a knock-off-Dynasty Warriors game, Koei Temco really doesn't have an excuse making Lucina boring in an actual Dynasty Warriors game.

I have a question. What method/website would you recommend to watch Dragon Ball Kai? Crunchyroll doesn't seem to have it, rather they just show ongoing shows. Even illegal websites either don't load or are filtered with ads.
I want to avoid watching Dragon Ball Z if possible, I like shows that stick closer to the source material.
I question your life choices because I'd much rather watch the original DBZ than Kai; filler does not necessarily mean bad, and I never liked the way they changed the color palette. But I can probably help with that.

Secondly, "Source Material" is also sort of an odd thing to say when talking about DB. There's the original manga, true, but a lot of the TV/movie only stuff was also made by the mangaka or was declared canon because he liked it. The Bardock movie (Goku's father) is one such example of this; an entirely anime-only concept that the mangaka and fans loved so much that it's not only canon, but the first episode of Dragon Ball Kai actually begins with a short ~30 second flashback of that movie.

And then there's GT and Super. As far as a lot of the video games and Toei are concerned, the anime-only sequel GT is canon while Akira kind of completely hates it. In Super, Akira gave his outline and notes to his manga apprentice and to the Toei animation team and basically told them to go at it. The Dragonball Super manga is technically closer to Akira's vision because he serves as editor for it, but the anime Super is also simultaneously canon and the Toei animation team considers everything made by them to be fair game / canon.

The company that actually dubs and have the rights to DBZ in the US is Funimation, and they used to just stream all their shows for free on their official website. They still do on their website, but you have to sign up for a free account now, and they added a paid premium account with get rid of ads. I'm not sure what their current catalogue looks like though, but I would be shocked if they didn't have every iteration of every Dragonball they have the rights to; it's always been their best seller.

If that's not good enough, the best method would be to PM me, probably.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
OK! So gorls! I am giving up my FEH account temporarily or maybe forever, depending how things go. Please PM me if you want a lucky beluga whale'd FEH account. I'll give you MyNintendo information so you can link it. Feel free to do whatever you want, but don't get rid of any the Heart'd gorls because they are my precious babies. There's 300 slots and tons of fodder, though. So maybe you'll have to do a bunch of skill inherit sacrifices and can then do the summoning thing.

Preferably a F2P gorl, but any gorl will do I suppose.

OK, so I have surgery coming up. It's not fully scheduled since it depends on the doctor, personal funds, and so on. But it's basically a few days or a month from now. It's not urgent unless the situation gets worse, but it is one that has some weighty risks. So if I disappear, it's because I accidentally performed Side+B instead of Up+B when recovering and then fell into the blast zone. As a gorl often does because sass can be blinding.

So if I do disapoof, know that it's not because I grew bored of you gorls but because I did the thing. Also I love you gorls and you are all awesome, etc, etc, etc, please keep it sassy, classy, and never trashy, etc, etc, etc, and whatever else a gorl is supposed to say because I am bad at SRS BSNS things.

You're scaring me with this surgery stuff, but if you do side b off stage in life, best believe I'll take care of your fe hereos account till u come back :V

ALSO IM OUT OF BRONZE GORLOS YAAAY

:150:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
My biggest problem is that’s not really how Lucina walks in Awakening, which just makes it weird as that’s a deliberate design decision on top of looking goofy.
At this point where we've seen more of Lucina in Heroes, bunny Lucina being blissfully awkward to Xander, and masked Lucina mentioning she thinks she's in the wrong world and stuff, I can safely say that I think Lucina is the dorkiest lord of all of Fire Emblem. I would not be surprised if one of her alternate weapons has her bumbling around tripping over everything and causing mass chaos.

Frederick and Chrom change from Japanese to English between cutscene and battle what?
Happened with Marth and I didn't watch it entirely, but I think it happened with Lucina too. No idea why other then either they haven't gotten to recording those lines yet or they haven't added it to whatever build this is. Considering they're cutscenes, it makes sense if they're having trouble with lip syncing or they need to reanimate the scenes slightly to match lip syncing.

Instead of giving her a bolt axe, Lissa special attack seems to be a bolt axe. So Lissa makes EVERY axe into a bolt axe.
Something like this happened in one of the Dynasty Warrior games. Not sure which one started it; I think it was 7. Anyway, because you could equip a secondary weapon in DW7-onwards, they made it so if you use your musou attack, your character will use their personal weapon. I say personal, since I think your primary weapon could be different like if Sun Quan's sword was whatever, but you had him use a different sword, he would pull out his personal sword for his musou attack.

In this case, it's not as drastic since Lissa just pulls out a staff and smacks people with it. It would, however, make it so she doesn't have to pull out a Bolt Axe from nowhere. Also, assuming there are different weapons and it works like Fire Emblem -- Frederick and Lissa using the same iron? axe seems to imply this --, then only legendary and personal weapons are character-specific, but other weapons are not. So, Lissa being able to uses axes means anyone else can use the axes she uses unless she is given a personal axe that she would probably have to unlock.

Robin leveled up when he wasn’t the character in play?
This happened before in the earlier gameplay videos where Chrom, Marth, etc. leveled up despite not being the character in play. It's cool and makes sense, but the abrupt cut from gameplay is weird. I think there should be an option to disable the cut-in showing whoever leveled up and what stats went up and there should just be a notification that X character leveled up with some Anna commentary since Anna commentary is always welcome.

A lot of the VAing sounds are different / worse than from Awakening / Fates.
Didn't find out how large this was until FE Heroes and noticing Laura Bailey didn't reprise her role for bunny Lucina, but I think the voice actor strike might have to do with this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_video_game_voice_actor_strike.

I don't think there's a list of people who are on strike or perhaps being part of a company forced you to be on strike or participate, but perhaps Laura Bailey was involved which would explain why she didn't reprise her role for bunny and masked Lucina in Heroes and Lucina in FE Warriors. Contracting probably takes time and nobody knows exactly when FE Warriors was in development, but if it started around October 2016, then yeah, that's probably why she's not Lucina, but Alexis Tipton is.

That being said, I do think the voice directors or whatever settled on Alexis Tipton for Clair and Palla and Patrick Seitz for Camus. Would make sense considering Echoes' voice acting probably took a long time. Camus being voiced by Travis Willingham and Palla by Laura Bailey probably was before Echoes since people think that because of the Christmas Robin and Tharja portraits, Heroes was supposed to be released before December 2016, but didn't and was delayed to February 2017. Anyway, I digress.

Frederick is weird. If it's Kyle Herbert and it should be considering he recently returned to voice summer Frederick, then I don't know why he sounds a bit higher-pitched. Either he had a brain fart and forgot he just voiced Frederick recently or he's working on multiple projects and was stuck in another character's voice. Seriously, Frederick sounds so young. What is this? Street Fighter V: Gaiden ft. Really Young Ryu for $39.99?

Other than Lissa, I'm left somewhat unimpressed. Even if the moveset is competent (Robin), it's not as impactful as anyone from HW, even when compared with the characters that had very similar attacks.
If Hyrule Warriors was the Sengoku Basara or perhaps the Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage -- never played it -- of the Warriors games, then FE Warriors is more of the Dynasty Warriors of Warriors games if that makes any sense. Hyrule Warriors has a small, select cast with varied weapons. It's probably easier to make everything stand out. FE doesn't have that luxury, especially when they're going for a lot of different characters like Dynasty and Samurai Warriors and Warriors Orochi.

Corrin and Ryoma are the most different sword users currently when Corrin uses her shapeshifting powers and Ryoma uses Japanese swordsmanship, but if you add characters like Hana, Hinata, Lon'qu, Navarre, Say'ri, Sumeragi, Yen'fay, etc. then you're going to hit a wall of what you can do with Japanese swordsmanship despite it being much more heavily stylized since FE characters have more leeway than people from the Romance of the Three Kingdoms or the Warring States period unless you just go ham and don't care like Sengoku Basara. At least Navarre could be more of a Chinese swordsman, but that's just one guy. Now, let's add in about 20 to 30 other characters for the launch cast.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Dynasty Warriors 7 was indeed the game that allowed you to have between a primary and secondary weapon. And that's definitely the KOEI game vibe I'm getting from Fire Emblem Warriors seeing how the strings, charge attacks and Musou specials look similar. Although yeah Robin's moveset was the most appeal out of all characters we've seen so far in action. Everyone else I wasn't impressed much with.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
@Cress you need to be kind to me and my low leveled Inkling baby
>: (

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
@Cress you need to be kind to me and my low leveled Inkling baby
>: (
Um
IMG_20170721_202150.jpg

You killed 14 people in the span of 3 minutes. Your level is just a disguise. Ignore the fact that I got 12 splats okay
Also I did take Buddhahobo Buddhahobo gorl's advice and I'm now using the bucket. It's working really well so thanks for reminding me that killing squids with a bucket is a possibility in this game.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
If Hyrule Warriors was the Sengoku Basara or perhaps the Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage -- never played it -- of the Warriors games,
Pirate Warriors or Gundam Warriors is how I'd put it, but yeah. That's kind of what I was hoping it wouldn't be like.

Like, the normal FE weapons are all already standard DW fare. And the setting is standard DW fare. And weapon swapping and calvary fighters are standard DW fare for awhile now.

But I was still really hoping we'd get something closer to HW than a normal DW game.

You killed 14 people in the span of 3 minutes. Your level is just a disguise. Ignore the fact that I got 12 splats okay
Also I did take Buddhahobo Buddhahobo gorl's advice and I'm now using the bucket. It's working really well so thanks for reminding me that killing squids with a bucket is a possibility in this game.
Those numbers are absurd what kind of genocidal gorls are you two. Yeah bucket is awesome. It was the only weapon I used in the first game once it came out.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Um
View attachment 131686
Hey I blame all the other players for being newbies and making it easy <<
I don't even like shooters (as in the weapon type I mean), I prefer using Chargers. Which I managed to get finally and it's fuuun. I need to practice with storing the charge shenanigans
And also with getting better at aiming oops
Also that guy Archimedes is a friend of mine too, @Arc Skypaw :D

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Pirate Warriors or Gundam Warriors is how I'd put it, but yeah. That's kind of what I was hoping it wouldn't be like.

Like, the normal FE weapons are all already standard DW fare. And the setting is standard DW fare. And weapon swapping and calvary fighters are standard DW fare for awhile now.

But I was still really hoping we'd get something closer to HW than a normal DW game.
Do you mean moveset wise? Is so, then how were the variety of those movesets designed in Hyrule Warriors? I'm guessing they probably added more stuff to the table than DW.

I myself am hoping for more animal shifters such as Manaketes, Nine Tails and Wolfgeissers (whatever the class Flannel had that was spelt).

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I do so enjoy the FEH ****posts, but not as much as OW ****posts. Reaper's booty is confirmed to be a Doomfist counter, causing all Doomfists left/right to be swapped as the screen is also flipped.

But not-technically-****posts are fine too. Like the one featuring the best version of Zarya ever.
Disney Zarya.jpg

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh yeah, forgot about this. Cress! Cress! , there was some discussion going about Rauðrraven Sophia and why you'd use her over Lilina or Sanaki because they hit harder and stuff... Anyway, someone said it's because she can tank practically anything and that lead to this.

Post link: https://serenesforest.net/forums/in...ion-and-links/&do=findComment&comment=4925761. WARNING: Some dude above this post swears for some reason. Be careful or your innocent eyes will be tainted.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I question your life choices because I'd much rather watch the original DBZ than Kai; filler does not necessarily mean bad, and I never liked the way they changed the color palette. But I can probably help with that.

Secondly, "Source Material" is also sort of an odd thing to say when talking about DB. There's the original manga, true, but a lot of the TV/movie only stuff was also made by the mangaka or was declared canon because he liked it. The Bardock movie (Goku's father) is one such example of this; an entirely anime-only concept that the mangaka and fans loved so much that it's not only canon, but the first episode of Dragon Ball Kai actually begins with a short ~30 second flashback of that movie.

And then there's GT and Super. As far as a lot of the video games and Toei are concerned, the anime-only sequel GT is canon while Akira kind of completely hates it. In Super, Akira gave his outline and notes to his manga apprentice and to the Toei animation team and basically told them to go at it. The Dragonball Super manga is technically closer to Akira's vision because he serves as editor for it, but the anime Super is also simultaneously canon and the Toei animation team considers everything made by them to be fair game / canon.

The company that actually dubs and have the rights to DBZ in the US is Funimation, and they used to just stream all their shows for free on their official website. They still do on their website, but you have to sign up for a free account now, and they added a paid premium account with get rid of ads. I'm not sure what their current catalogue looks like though, but I would be shocked if they didn't have every iteration of every Dragonball they have the rights to; it's always been their best seller.

If that's not good enough, the best method would be to PM me, probably.
Firstly, thank you, that's a hoard of useful information. I don't actually care about filler (in a bad way), it's fine as long has it isn't Bleach levels of bad. I just prefer the new colour palette and rewritten dialogue. Not to say Z doesn't have good dialogue ("To witness a power not seen for hundreds of years" is obviously better than "I'm going to wipe that disgusting smirk off your face") I just think it's more refined in Kai.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning P R I M E 4 H Y P E mains. How's everyone doing? :4samus:

From what I've played, there is quite a bunch of enemies so far and there's a ton of exposition and talking during cutscenes, I think it took me almost half an hour between the tutorial stage and the first stage just to get to the action because of the character introductions and exposition dumping.

But other then that, I'm enjoying it so far. Umu! Umu! So far I've used Red Saber/Nero the most, Archer the 2nd most played because of him being tethered to me during the Story Mode. And I forgot to tag out to him during the 2nd Stage because I was being chased by Lu Bu who was pretty strong (I almost died to him and Archer kept on telling me to run away from him). But in the end I managed to beat him which reminded me of how I would often beat Muneshige in Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes because of an oversight by the developers. And the menus kind of remind me of Persona due to the bright and modern design they have which I'm all for.

(Also, fun fact. Nero shares the same VA as Sakura Kinomoto/Avalon from Cardcaptor Sakura. Sakura Tange is their VA. :yeahboi: )

Last edited:
Top Bottom