• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Sooooo I thought about speed builds and figured racing the clock to build something is pretty unfun and leads to some uninspired things. I mean, nice houses for gameplay but not pretty or unique houses. So within 30 minutes I made this. I used Alt and ] commands to keep things off the grid and resize the bushes to make it look like overgrown plants running down the wall sides.

I then spent a total of 4~5 hours turning this little hut into a livable house that seems like people actually live there. The Sims 4 usually has "blocky" placements for furniture, so using alt commands to move the furniture around too some time to make sure it was properly lined up. I also merged some furniture to make it seem like a unique piece of furniture instead of just a plain ol' thing.

(incoming a bunch of big pictures)

A crater of an oasis in a desert area. It oddly feels like it belongs there, probably because the "this is an oasis thing" concept it has going on. The main entryway is very basic and has a fancy glass ceiling and has glass for walls.

The entryway is fairly open and has giant chandeliers hanging down into the main part of the house.

The continuation of the entryway has some waterfalls and plants, there are also more plants under the stairs to make use of the dead space. I used commands to merge plants with the basic waterfalls to make them seem more decorative. The living space/kitchen are connected and are mostly wooden or neutral brighter colors (since underground houses tend to be darker even with natural light pouring into the lake and then through the windows).

The sub-part of the living room has a small corner for reading books or just chillaxing. There's also a tea station near the books and a bunch of sass tea because sass tea is required to stay chillaxed since the Sims are seconds away from drowning at all times. Aesthetics are more important than life, y'know? BTW there's a radio out of view so it can be kind of a quaint company-corner/party corner if thou must. Lastly the bookshelves counters have been merged to look like one giant set of furniture instead of separate pieces.

The main living space is very cozy, can sit about 4 people. The round rug with the pattern keeps the room from feeling too uniform but isn't enough to break it. The TV is in a position so it could be watched from the kitchen too. The imaginary borders of the living room are decorated a bit to give it more character.

Small kitchen with some design to it. Kind of simple. Has all the necessities and some clutter in the corners to make it seem like a real kitchen. The things on the dining-counters are napkins and salt/pepper shaker things. Behind the dining counter are plates and a bar, did some pazzazing with the bottom to make it seem like all 1 giant piece of furniture instead of 5.

Bathroom. Dark blue/white coloration. Standard. Has some bathroom clutter on the shelves. Clutter-ing things has a small impact but makes the home seem like a staged house for sale, which is better than having it totally bare I guess.

The teenager's/young adult's bedroom, mainly green and kind of nature-ish. Has a yoga mat, meditation pillow, bonsai tree, and a LOT of photography clutter/camera/tablet on the desk. So the gorl here is one of those quiet artsy types I guess. I'm actually happy with how the clutter came out because this room actually seems like someone is currently living in it. Some framed photos the person took on the walls. I had to merge the shelf into the wall so it wouldn't seem too out of place - I couldn't find a shelf to match the oak-y colors or silver accents.

Master bedroom, mainly blue. Kind of basic and open in the sleeping-space of the bedroom with some messy clutter under the TV and possible-patents on the wall. The closet kind of limited me to what I could put there (I wanted a vanity somewhere). I merged a plant box and a bunch of separate plants to make it seem like a bunch of blue/white flowers in a flower box since the game has very limited stuff in terms of indoor flower boxes. However, the opposite end is pretty much an at-home workspace, which has tons of boxes filled with files, fat file folders, and boxes upon boxes of material. There's also more clutter of books around her desk and some cute nerdy science-y things to keep the walls from seeming too blank.

Master bathroom, with a mainly monochrome coloration. Nice big tub, fancy shower, and a nice little counter sink with some essentials scattered. There's more bathroom-y essentials around the tub and a standing stereo system is out of view to the right of the tub.

Entire layout. As you can see all rooms technically have windows except for the guest/secondary bathroom. The kitchen doesn't see any direct action like the rest of the rooms, but natural light still filters in. TBH I'm kind of sad that all the cluttering and moving things around with special commands didn't make this house feel more lived-in. I spent 60 minutes making the layout/choosing colors and 3~4 hours furnishing the place. Which is not a lot of time for house building in the Sims (some people take a whole day to do things like this but it probably shows). I honestly couldn't think of what to put since the clutter is so limited. I didn't want to make the clutter and furniture seem too uniform outside of the color choices.

The entire house at and the outside during night time. It looks super pretty and I'm glad I didn't over-light the back yard since the colors are so vibrant that they can be seen through the darkness. I also noticed I accidentally left grass tiles outside the bedroom somehow... It's supposed to be a rocky pond since it's an oasis in the middle of the desert.

This is the first nice house I've done in a long time. I am not 100% happy about the lack of "this feels lived in" aspect, but it is definitely much better than those speed build boxes I make for 1-Sim households. As of City Living, it's possible to add lot traits to have different effects. I have 2 traits that make the Sims inside this house expirience great aucustics (I mean, it's an underwater house with wooden-stuff, so yeah) and the beautiful scenery boosts their mood. But I am a jerk and gave it a "Quake Zone" trait, so they will experience tremors at least 1 time a week and sometimes large quakes. They live underground and have windows that could break and let the oasis flood their place. JAJAJAJAJA das what they get for stealing this beautiful plot of land, I guess.

SO

YEA

OK

What should I make next?

I got Greninja banned from smash club today.

Yaaay?

:150:
0/10 not Zelda.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
AND HOW DOES HER ABILITY WORK!?
Corrosion makes it so you can inflict the poison condition through moves like Toxic on Pokemon that are steel or poison type

As for a moveset for her, her movepool is really shallow. Your best bet is something along the lines of nasty plot, flamethrower/fire blast, sludge bomb/sludge wave, and another random filler move.

She's really frail and her movepool is bad, so i could see why you kinda don't want to use her. She has a cool design, though

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
*cries*
Zelda looks so pretty even though we've only seen, like, her shoulder
Also, Falco??
This game is so hype

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Corrosion makes it so you can inflict the poison condition through moves like Toxic on Pokemon that are steel or poison type

As for a moveset for her, her movepool is really shallow. Your best bet is something along the lines of nasty plot, flamethrower/fire blast, sludge bomb/sludge wave, and another random filler move.

She's really frail and her movepool is bad, so i could see why you kinda don't want to use her. She has a cool design, though
I thought it made it so that if you touched Salazzle you were poisoned no matter if you were a steel or poison type. Welp, I overestimate this Pokémon. Can anyone set me up with a Turtonator? Until then Zygard is coming out of the box. Also, you went from a cute Koala to a cute, um...*looks it up*... purple Mexican! Yay?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
My avatar is Sombra from Overwatch.

She's a Mexican hacker who's honestly a pretty awful person, but she's really sassy and playful, so I like her a lot. She's also super fun to play.

Sombra is bae tbh

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
My avatar is Sombra from Overwatch.

She's a Mexican hacker who's honestly a pretty awful person, but she's really sassy and playful, so I like her a lot. She's also super fun to play.

Sombra is bae tbh
Sombra da bess. The boop alone makes her top tier, even if her offensive prowess is the worst of all Offensive characters. jajaja

And I guess this too bcuz related:

*cries*
Also, Falco??
This game is so hype
OK, so, it seems like Hyrule got blasted again and 2/3 of the Triforce nerds are banding together again. It'd be super cool if we could use them interchangeably throughout the game. Zelda finally being playable would be awesome. Especially after how awesome she was in HW, they may as well give her some OFFICIAL play-time in a main game. Not really sure if toony-Zelderp-ghosty counts tho. Cannonlogically speaking, that gorl has some insanely powerful magic, but it's "pure" magic so it's for protecting things/people more so than outright destroying whatever she feels like.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Sombra da bess. The boop alone makes her top tier, even if her offensive prowess is the worst of all Offensive characters. jajaja
Best Sombra voiceline imo is "mess with the best and die like the rest."

Yeah, she's not a particularly great character atm, but she's still a lot of fun to play. I love sneaking behind enemy lines and decimating the Widow/Mercy/Zen. I almost feel bad for murdering them.

Also virus is her best skin, but glitch and noche are really good, too. All of her skins are usable, though. I finally saved up enough coins to buy her Los Muertos skin today, so now I'm back to having every skin the game.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
*cries*
Also, Falco??
This game is so hype
Cool, Master Sword tease and Zelda's outfit color scheme reminds me of Impa in Hyrule Warriors and a little bit in Skyward Sword. The blue and gold thing going on seems to be a running theme. Link's mostly shown wearing a blue outfit, he's blonde, and there's his tan pants, Zelda's outfit is blue and gold, the Master Sword is blue/indigo and gold, and Sheikah characters have been showing blue and gold more recently -- it was more of blue and white in past games like OoT.

The bird dude reminds me of the Rito in Wind Waker. Bird dude's bow's ends reminds of the lamps in Skyward Sword and I think also in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. There were lamps with winged ornaments which look like Loftwing wings or before Skyward Sword, the bird crest on the Hylian Shield, and the hilt of the Master Sword. Master Bow in BotW perhaps? Would be a wicked upgrade, especially in a game where archery seems much more pronounced.

I swear to Hylia if this bird dude is actually named Falco or some variation. They could totally name him Faruko and it would literally be Falco. All we need now is a fat captain that is totally not referencing Triple D for that ship: "I need a hero to clobbah dat dere Ganonderf." *You received Jet Hammer. +10 to clobberin' Ganonderf.*

Y'know, it would be really cool if Zelda was playable, but in a second quest sort of style. The only problem is accounting for the cutscenes where Zelda appears or talks to you... Eh, they could just do it like DMC3: SE when you play as Vergil. Palette swap Zelda wearing Link's green and we'd call her Lelda or maybe Zink. Or screw it and have 2 Zelda's like in Super Mario Galaxy 1, but with some differences...

Edit: Forgot about this. KoF XIV's graphics changes are giving me MvC3 vibes.
Very specific case where it has MvC3's heavy shadowing.

Stages might need some changes since it's a bit disconnected.

Also, holiday outfits for some characters in SFV. Zangief's is just badass. Meanwhile, Ken's... something. WARNING: It is fanservice-y since Juri, Karin, Laura, and kind of Mika's are skimpy. Yes, let's wear basically summer beach clothes during the middle of NYC winter. Enjoy frostbite. Sad since Karin's could have been gorgeously elegant, but nope, random short shorts. Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIXOtXnfmDM.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So you all remember my shocking-oprah's-lie-exposed-tier tortellini psychic moment with Benedict in ACNL?

I talked to ha again tonight and for some disguisting reason he was describing his breath flavor, and no joke, he said "it smells like tortellini."
Mind you the oddball food response options in this game is supposed to be an RNG based choice from what, 25+ options??

Now this heaux is rubbing it in. I'M DONE.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Currently breeding for a Popplio that has Hidden Power Ground, so that way it'll have coverage against two of its common weaknesses (Electric and Poison). It's going to take a while that's for sure. :V

Also, will be working on my next essay. Luckily I only have to write about 300 words instead of 400.

Return of the peanut gallery! :yeahboi:

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
Hello Zelda mains, I have been guided here to ask your advice.

I have been playing since 3ds launch and am not a very smart or confident person. I have recently been in a slump because no matter how hard I try and how much I practice, after all this time I cannot even beat the average FG Zelda. A lot of teabags and taunts too, and it's getting to me. I would like to appeal to you for help - you are all way better than average Zeldas that's'/ for sure! - and I feel I need to take baby steps and learn from you rather than jump straight into asking pro Bayos and Diddys. I hope that makes sense?

Anyway if anyone can help a bad playet (Robin/Wario/Mii Sword usually) become even slightly good I'd be very much obliged!

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Honestly against Zelda just be very patient. Zelda has no approach and is easily punished.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Also, feel free to pressure her shield with Levin aerials. She can't do much if you space them properly

But yeah like Evan said you have to slow your pace down when fighting her (especially since none if your mains are fast like Sheik/ZSS/Cloud).

I'd be willing to play you sometime so I can see what part of this (obscure) MU you're having trouble with

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Honestly against Zelda just be very patient. Zelda has no approach and is easily punished.
This. FG promotes less patient gameplay, so Zelda actually stands some sort of chance.

Also ItsASquid ItsASquid , depending on your character, you can wreck her once you get your first punishment in. Zelda is strongest when you give her a little space. Weakest when you keep throwing fakeouts her way since she'll eventually react and most of her options are punishable (don't rush in, her smash/specials are quite lengthy hitbox wise). Also she's doodie when hanging on the ledge, but not when she's near the edge. Just don't stand close to the edge when she's hanging to avoid surprise aerials.

BTW her ledge roll animation is weird, so don't expect easy hard reads. Wait and react. If she throws herself into your shield, that's a free grab or punish regardless of your character's grab speed. lolwhoops

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Sooooo I thought about speed builds and figured racing the clock to build something is pretty unfun and leads to some uninspired things. I mean, nice houses for gameplay but not pretty or unique houses. So within 30 minutes I made this. I used Alt and ] commands to keep things off the grid and resize the bushes to make it look like overgrown plants running down the wall sides.

I then spent a total of 4~5 hours turning this little hut into a livable house that seems like people actually live there. The Sims 4 usually has "blocky" placements for furniture, so using alt commands to move the furniture around too some time to make sure it was properly lined up. I also merged some furniture to make it seem like a unique piece of furniture instead of just a plain ol' thing.

(incoming a bunch of big pictures)

A crater of an oasis in a desert area. It oddly feels like it belongs there, probably because the "this is an oasis thing" concept it has going on. The main entryway is very basic and has a fancy glass ceiling and has glass for walls.

The entryway is fairly open and has giant chandeliers hanging down into the main part of the house.

The continuation of the entryway has some waterfalls and plants, there are also more plants under the stairs to make use of the dead space. I used commands to merge plants with the basic waterfalls to make them seem more decorative. The living space/kitchen are connected and are mostly wooden or neutral brighter colors (since underground houses tend to be darker even with natural light pouring into the lake and then through the windows).

The sub-part of the living room has a small corner for reading books or just chillaxing. There's also a tea station near the books and a bunch of sass tea because sass tea is required to stay chillaxed since the Sims are seconds away from drowning at all times. Aesthetics are more important than life, y'know? BTW there's a radio out of view so it can be kind of a quaint company-corner/party corner if thou must. Lastly the bookshelves counters have been merged to look like one giant set of furniture instead of separate pieces.

The main living space is very cozy, can sit about 4 people. The round rug with the pattern keeps the room from feeling too uniform but isn't enough to break it. The TV is in a position so it could be watched from the kitchen too. The imaginary borders of the living room are decorated a bit to give it more character.

Small kitchen with some design to it. Kind of simple. Has all the necessities and some clutter in the corners to make it seem like a real kitchen. The things on the dining-counters are napkins and salt/pepper shaker things. Behind the dining counter are plates and a bar, did some pazzazing with the bottom to make it seem like all 1 giant piece of furniture instead of 5.

Bathroom. Dark blue/white coloration. Standard. Has some bathroom clutter on the shelves. Clutter-ing things has a small impact but makes the home seem like a staged house for sale, which is better than having it totally bare I guess.

The teenager's/young adult's bedroom, mainly green and kind of nature-ish. Has a yoga mat, meditation pillow, bonsai tree, and a LOT of photography clutter/camera/tablet on the desk. So the gorl here is one of those quiet artsy types I guess. I'm actually happy with how the clutter came out because this room actually seems like someone is currently living in it. Some framed photos the person took on the walls. I had to merge the shelf into the wall so it wouldn't seem too out of place - I couldn't find a shelf to match the oak-y colors or silver accents.

Master bedroom, mainly blue. Kind of basic and open in the sleeping-space of the bedroom with some messy clutter under the TV and possible-patents on the wall. The closet kind of limited me to what I could put there (I wanted a vanity somewhere). I merged a plant box and a bunch of separate plants to make it seem like a bunch of blue/white flowers in a flower box since the game has very limited stuff in terms of indoor flower boxes. However, the opposite end is pretty much an at-home workspace, which has tons of boxes filled with files, fat file folders, and boxes upon boxes of material. There's also more clutter of books around her desk and some cute nerdy science-y things to keep the walls from seeming too blank.

Master bathroom, with a mainly monochrome coloration. Nice big tub, fancy shower, and a nice little counter sink with some essentials scattered. There's more bathroom-y essentials around the tub and a standing stereo system is out of view to the right of the tub.

Entire layout. As you can see all rooms technically have windows except for the guest/secondary bathroom. The kitchen doesn't see any direct action like the rest of the rooms, but natural light still filters in. TBH I'm kind of sad that all the cluttering and moving things around with special commands didn't make this house feel more lived-in. I spent 60 minutes making the layout/choosing colors and 3~4 hours furnishing the place. Which is not a lot of time for house building in the Sims (some people take a whole day to do things like this but it probably shows). I honestly couldn't think of what to put since the clutter is so limited. I didn't want to make the clutter and furniture seem too uniform outside of the color choices.

The entire house at and the outside during night time. It looks super pretty and I'm glad I didn't over-light the back yard since the colors are so vibrant that they can be seen through the darkness. I also noticed I accidentally left grass tiles outside the bedroom somehow... It's supposed to be a rocky pond since it's an oasis in the middle of the desert.

This is the first nice house I've done in a long time. I am not 100% happy about the lack of "this feels lived in" aspect, but it is definitely much better than those speed build boxes I make for 1-Sim households. As of City Living, it's possible to add lot traits to have different effects. I have 2 traits that make the Sims inside this house expirience great aucustics (I mean, it's an underwater house with wooden-stuff, so yeah) and the beautiful scenery boosts their mood. But I am a jerk and gave it a "Quake Zone" trait, so they will experience tremors at least 1 time a week and sometimes large quakes. They live underground and have windows that could break and let the oasis flood their place. JAJAJAJAJA das what they get for stealing this beautiful plot of land, I guess.

SO

YEA

OK

What should I make next?

0/10 not Zelda.
Sis, you should be a Realtor.
It's your true calling
*cries*
Also, Falco??
This game is so hype
That fist clench at the end though. I think Zelda's anger issues have carried over from Smash 4

"The benevolent Zelda we once knew is now gone." - Fujin

Anyway I noticed that she seemed to be wearing two different outfits in the trailer. It would be cool if one of the figures was "present day Zelda" and the other one is "pre apocalypse Zelda" who survived via stasis like Link.

Or they could just be the same person lol

Even after playing FFXV, the game still looks incredible. Can't wait for the release (which is probably delayed again since they keep saying "2017" *sigh*)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I got Greninja banned from smash club today.

Yaaay?

:150:
So are you getting Mewtwo banned next, or did you already do that?
I have been playing since 3ds launch and am not a very smart or confident person.
Well there's a part of your problem - if you tell yourself something it becomes more true. If you tell yourself you're just not a "smart of confident" person, you'll never become much more smart of confident. People are adaptable creatures, our personalities are not entirely set in stone, and you can improve if you push yourself properly. Don't look at it as a weakness, just see it as a place where you can improve.

Yeah yeah, I know I'm being kind of preachy right now not actually giving you "Smash Brothers" advice, but attitude is actually a really important thing. It wasn't long ago when I was getting my butt kicked every time I got onto For Glory myself.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Sis, you should be a Realtor.
It's your true calling

That fist clench at the end though. I think Zelda's anger issues have carried over from Smash 4

"The benevolent Zelda we once knew is now gone." - Fujin

Anyway I noticed that she seemed to be wearing two different outfits in the trailer. It would be cool if one of the figures was "present day Zelda" and the other one is "pre apocalypse Zelda" who survived via stasis like Link.

Or they could just be the same person lol

Even after playing FFXV, the game still looks incredible. Can't wait for the release (which is probably delayed again since they keep saying "2017" *sigh*)
1) "You gon buy this house or naw? 'Cause if naw I'll just smash the windows right now and we all gon drown."

2) Zelda is ever graceful, but she has always been angry. She just hides it very well because super sass and grace can do that. I mean, it'd be impossible to NOT be angry if you're the ruler of a kingdom that has the world's most inept guards. At this point she's pretty much like "this is fine I guess."
just another day.png

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Trying to get a type of Hidden Power you want is pretty time consuming. :V

I've hatched I think about 40 Popplios, hoping for one to have Hidden Power Ground. However, the typings I had on them (From most common to least common) are Grass, Psychic, Bug, Fire, Water, Ice, Fighting, Dragon, Steel, Electric, Flying and Rock.

It's probably because of the IVs I got on my Popplio. I just need to hope I get myself a Destiny Knot through Pickup. And speaking of Pokemon, while I haven't seen the anime; I have checked out some animated GIFs of the Sun & Moon anime. Team Skull being dumb af with a Popplio, Ash gets bodied by a Milotic, Lana's sisters get hit by a Thunderbolt from Ash's Pikachu. And Lillie looking like an astronaut. :V

Plus, that Bewear though is damn persistent. Gotta give it credit for acting like a very clingy mother.

Might as well go and watch some shows on Crunchyroll to pass the time. :V

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Why do you want HP Ground on Pop anyways? Wouldn't Fire be better?
Primarina's common weaknesses are Electric and Poison in competitive. While HP Fire would be nice, there aren't many Pokemon that are weak to it in VGC. Only Celesteela, Kartana and Lilligant are the most common. Plus, Primarina is too slow to get a HP Fire off on Kartana or Lilligant, as it'll most likely get OHKO'd by a Leaf Blade from Kartana and most likely get hit by a Sleep Powder by a Chlorophyll boosted Lilligant. Plus, a Pokemon like Arcanine is fast enough to bring Lilligant down to its sash or OHKO Kartana/Celesteela with a STAB Flare Blitz or Flamethrower while being able to tank a hit on the Physical side.

Which is why I want HP Ground, so that way I can deal with Pokemon like Tapu Koko for example. Plus that Primarina can survive a TBolt from Tapu Koko with an Assault Vest equipped.

Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Super Effective HP Ground only does 120 damage to Koko though. Moonblast does a bit more damage. I dunno, I don't really get it, but I don't play much of doubles.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
But, like

252 SpA Primarina Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 44-54 (15.6 - 19.2%) -- possible 6HKO

252 SpA Mystic Water Primarina Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 52-63 (18.5 - 22.4%) -- possible 5HKO

Hidden Power's way too weak to be considering for something like that

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Lavani's calcs confuse me because that's not at all what I'm seeing when I do the calcs myself

252 SpA Primarina Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 164-194 (58.3 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Primarina Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 193-228 (68.6 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

min damage Moonblast does nearly the same damage as max damage HP Ground
HP Ground is literally useless when you can just click Moonblast/Scald

Water/Fairy has such good coverage that idk when you would even use HP Ground. The Pokemon that resist it probably aren't going to be taking much from an nonSTAB HP Ground anyway (Empoleon, Ferrothorn, etc). Fire would probably be better for Ferrothorn and co. since you actually have a chance of doing something to it.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
With Hidden Power, it's usually only really useful when its x4 super effective or you have no neutral stab.

Part of the reason HP Ice is so popular on electric types is because x4 ice weaknesses are so common(Landorous, Garchomp) and a lot of them don't have much better coverage anyway.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Super Effective HP Ground only does 120 damage to Koko though. Moonblast does a bit more damage. I dunno, I don't really get it, but I don't play much of doubles.
But, like

252 SpA Primarina Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 44-54 (15.6 - 19.2%) -- possible 6HKO

252 SpA Mystic Water Primarina Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 52-63 (18.5 - 22.4%) -- possible 5HKO

Hidden Power's way too weak to be considering for something like that
Lavani's calcs confuse me because that's not at all what I'm seeing when I do the calcs myself

252 SpA Primarina Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 164-194 (58.3 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Primarina Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 193-228 (68.6 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

min damage Moonblast does nearly the same damage as max damage HP Ground
HP Ground is literally useless when you can just click Moonblast/Scald

Water/Fairy has such good coverage that idk when you would even use HP Ground. The Pokemon that resist it probably aren't going to be taking much from an nonSTAB HP Ground anyway (Empoleon, Ferrothorn, etc). Fire would probably be better for Ferrothorn and co. since you actually have a chance of doing something to it.
If you say so.

I got too many damn Popplios anyway. Might as well get rid of them all and onto the next Pokemon to breed for! :V

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I had a lv100 koko vs a lv50 primarina in calc accidentally, but it still proves the point that you're better off hitting it neutrally with STAB than using Hidden Power regardless.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
HP Ice is also popular because it gives pseudo BoltBeam coverage

But yeah, 4x weaknesses are the main reason you'd want to use HP. Other than that, it's only used for Pokemon with such shallow movepools that they don't have any other coverage options for certain types/mons.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I mostly suggested HP Fire because of Ferrothorn which can wall water/fairy/psychic.

Top Bottom