• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
i don't know excatly how it happened but gosliopod became my signature mon

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Speaking of weebin' out. Just saw Episode 8 of Sound! Euphonium 2. :V

It was good. Sort of dilemma going on in Kumiko's family with her big sister dropping out from College to become a beautician, then with her upperclassman Asuka not coming to Band practice and then her getting a fever.

Damn Kumiko, how unlucky can you get?! :V

It's rather funny that there's a channel on YouTube which is just dedicated to all of the noises Kumiko makes for each episode too. :V

Gets 4 :4zelda:s out of 5.

And also, Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear-card Arc will be airing in January... of 2018.
I'm so hyped but yet so sad that it'll be a whole year before it airs. :c

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Sombra is such a fun character to play

I just played a match where the D.Va on my team used her ult, but everyone on the other team was hiding behind their Reinhardt's shield, so the ult wasn't going to kill anyone. So, being the good gorl that I am, I snuck up behind them and EMP'd, netting my D.Va a quadruple kill.

Now if only my aim wasn't so trashy...

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Revelator is coming to steam in a few weeks. I'll probably save up for that.

Tekken 7 is coming soon too.

MvC4 may be coming, and without iconic characters like Doctor Doom and Magneto.

What a time for fighting games.

BJN39 BJN39 Please protect us mama from whatever is happening right now.
I don't know what it ended up as, but it started as a Code Geass meme that got a bump in popularity because of the recent announcement of a 3rd season.

BTW where is everyone's holiday avatars? C'mon gorls. It's the happiest time of the year because it's the year people get games for Christmas and then they get Sm4sh and are totally new to it so we can make them believe that Zelda isn't bottom tier via curb-stomping them with her noob-killer moveset then watch them salty-pick Zelda against us and then they SD before even reaching 15% dmg and make battle tags just to insult us OR they just DC midmatch after they SD'd for the 500th time in a row. Also, the gift of run on sentences.
Technically, Edea is always dressed for Christmas.

But in other Christmas related news, apparently they're training reindeer to act as pizza delivery deer in Japan.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Who would have ever guessed the new Pokken character would be Empoleon:rolleyes:

it's too bad 3 of the dlc characters got leaked so early

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Who would have ever guessed the new Pokken character would be Empoleon:rolleyes:

it's too bad 3 of the dlc characters got leaked so early
The funny thing is, Croagunk was leaked too, but we ignored his extra files cause he was a support

Anyways I'm hype for my other favorite flightless birb
He looks ready to slit some throats jfc

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The biggest hype killer for me is the install time

I mean damn this is taking forever (on Xbox btw because I'm one of those weird JRPG lovers who only has an Xbox)
Well, it is an open-world game and a pretty large game in general. Final Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360 had multiple discs and according to an interview, there was enough scrapped content the developers could have made FFXIII into 2 or more games. And Brawl and MGS4 had to use dual-layered discs which for Brawl, wasn't much of a problem, but MGS4 had to install each chapter or recently, install the entire game which was 50?GB total. MGS4 was my second PS3 game, installing stuff was painful. At least Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction was install and go.

I'd rather not blame the Xbox 360 and it using HD-DVDs, instead, I'd blame Square Enix as a whole. Square Enix during the PS3 and Xbox 360 generation started off bad in my opinion. It wasn't until late in the generation where they made games like Bravely Default and FFXIII-2 which had elements that should have been in XIII, funded third-parties like the developers of Deus Ex, Hitman, Sleeping Dogs -- RIP them --, and Tomb Raider, having a track record of good PC ports that Square Enix is doing better and connecting and getting feedback from their consumers which resulted in the testing of FFXV and being convinced and/or possibly trying to get games like Bravely Default and Type-0 available to an international audience.

I'd also attribute other issues like Sony and the PS3 being stupidly expensive and complex where Sony expected people could buy something like that and that developers would submit to developing on a convoluted and alien system as they did with the PS2 and previous systems in the early, "This is all we have, so let's make do", when the generation became a, "We have options, so buzz off", and, "We know how to make games, so don't make it more complex than it has to be." That and by that time, game development rose in costs and demand -- it's arguably one of the biggest jumps in graphics between console generations and what you could do with it --, so having a complicated system, a limited in terms of storage system, and a habit of trying to make games big and pretty alongside trying to follow market trends -- Seriously? Emulating FPS corridors to make a RPG? And the prediction of a rise in phone gaming that could handle stuff Agito at the time -- pretty much screwed FFXIII, Versus XIII, and Type-0. FFXIII was released, but I would not be surprised if it was in development hell alongside games like Versus XIII / XV, Agito / Type-0, Kingdom Hearts 3, and more like the canceled FFXII sequel thing featuring Basch in a Nordic setting which was only a thing because, if I remember the article on the wiki correctly, Square Enix meddled like Nintendo did with Dinosaur Planet that became Star Fox Adventures. I don't know, each generation has its own problems. For the PS3/Xbox 360/Wii generation, starting out, "appealing" to casual and photorealistic graphics obsession, influx of military shooters, and DLC (abuse) are some of the problems that come to mind. For this generation and also part of the previous generation: influx of open-world games and remasters, excessive focus on story-driven games that either don't need them like Ninja Gaiden 3 or are done just poorly and interfere with the gameplay, and mostly to PS4 and Xbox One, an issue of favoring visual presentation over performance.

I think a FFXIII that was a 2-part game focusing on just what FFXIII's main story was could have been more interesting and perhaps promising; part one dealing with Cocoon and maybe travel in Cocoon -- characters in previous FFs were able to travel in hostile cities fine, part two deals with Gran Pulse.

Meanwhile, Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Odyssey, Nier: Replicant, and Tales of Vesperia. At least Star Ocean: The Last Hope and The Last Remnant were ported over to the PS3.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
The latest plans by a new 3rd smash 4 "balance" attempt group to buff Jiggs:

> Rest buffed for some reason
> Combos into rest exist via BAir which is fast now
> 2 kill throws and a combo throw
> Various arbitrary and useless edits like -1F of startup on NAir
> Air speed buffs

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

> Air speed buffs

Curious by what the Bair change was. I hate percentages. "Bair will now be 20% faster overall." I have no idea what that means; I had to look up the frame data, subtract 20% from its startup and it's like 9.6 frames of startup, so, frame 10.

I restate this: I cannot and will not trust any random group of people trying to balance a game regardless of their "good" intentions. I especially cannot do this when there are personal feelings attached to it. Can't be avoided, but it's difficult when you are attached and you are frustrated. Stuff happens and it might go terribly wrong.

I remember when I tried to do figure out changes to Falco. That went down south real quick. Nowadays, I've avoided anything to do with Falco and Smash. Focused on KoF XIV, SFV, and occasionally Tekken 7 instead which has lead to seeing some similar complaints... Anyway, more mellow now; more of a I don't give a rat's ass what happens to or is going on with Falco and Smash 4. Game's there, it's fun, fight people, go compete, whatever. Frustrating when you get roflstomped because you and your character suck major donkey butt, But! what can you really do? Life's better when you stop arguing on forums and maddening yourself over game balance you have no real control over. You get to be more productive that way. :p

Edit: The irony to this all is that I haven't stopped being mad at stuff, instead, I get mad at other stuff. :p

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Unrelated BUT Oblivion just got added to the Xbox One BC list if any gorls are interested

It's one of my favorite games ever so an announcement was needed :^)

And if you put in the GoTY disc it'll add the DLC to your download queue

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Got some progress done on my first essay, just need to finish it and then work on my 2nd essay. :yeahboi:

Hopefully I can get my essays done and then after god knows how long, finally submit them to the University website.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Playing VGC 2017 on Showdown makes me realize that this year VGC is going to be a stall war and nothing but Trick Room teams.

Celesteelas everywhere and many teams running that stupid Pokemon and Oranguru too. :c

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Good stuff

Pika MU is absolute *** lol
I actually don't think the Pika MU is as bad as it is. It's important to note that Pika's neutral is really ehh as well (TJolt is not that great as a projectile, easy to shield & act straight afterwards) & I have a suspicion that QA loses to shield via having enough time to drop shield & Dash Grab him from the endlag on grounded if he goes for :GCDL:/:GCDR: angle.

Relying on chip damage due to his small size is annoying but could be far worse. The slower the gameplay the better it is for you.

Edit: We can crouch under immediate SHAC Fair from all distances. Pika could beat this by SH Dair (tho this isn't a great poking tool) or FF for the last hit of Fair which is kinda dumb since we could PS the last hit on reaction

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
There are times I kind of wanna try and pick up Palutena again.

Since I've started to get the hang of doing D-Throw > BAir now, but then I remember her tilts and smash attacks are laggy, not that good and are only useful for hard reads. Plus, that if I do pick her up, I'll probably have much worse MUs to deal with too.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Another thing that got forgotten was the fact that against all probability a Wailord had suddenly been called into existence several miles above the surface of an alien planet.

And since this is not a naturally tenable position for a Wailord, this poor innocent creature had very little time to come to terms with its identity as a whale before it then had to come to terms with not being a Wailord any more.

This is a complete record of its thoughts from the moment it began its life till the moment it ended it.

Ah … ! What’s happening? it thought.

Er, excuse me, who am I?

Hello?

Why am I here? What’s my purpose in life?

What do I mean by who am I?

Calm down, get a grip now … oh! this is an interesting sensation, what is it? It’s a sort of … yawning, tingling sensation in my … my … well I suppose I’d better start finding names for things if I want to make any headway in what for the sake of what I shall call an argument I shall call the world, so let’s call it my stomach.

Good. Ooooh, it’s getting quite strong. And hey, what’s about this whistling roaring sound going past what I’m suddenly going to call my head? Perhaps I can call that … wind! Is that a good name? It’ll do … perhaps I can find a better name for it later when I’ve found out what it’s for. It must be something very important because there certainly seems to be a hell of a lot of it. Hey! What’s this thing? This … let’s call it a tail – yeah, tail. Hey! I can can really thrash it about pretty good can’t I? Wow! Wow! That feels great! Doesn’t seem to achieve very much but I’ll probably find out what it’s for later on. Now – have I built up any coherent picture of things yet?

No.

Never mind, hey, this is really exciting, so much to find out about, so much to look forward to, I’m quite dizzy with anticipation …

Or is it the wind?

There really is a lot of that now isn’t it?

And wow! Hey! What’s this thing suddenly coming towards me very fast? Very very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like … ow … ound … round … ground! That’s it! That’s a good name – ground!

I wonder if it will be friends with me?

And the rest, after a sudden wet thud, was silence.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I actually don't think the Pika MU is as bad as it is. It's important to note that Pika's neutral is really ehh as well (TJolt is not that great as a projectile, easy to shield & act straight afterwards) & I have a suspicion that QA loses to shield via having enough time to drop shield & Dash Grab him from the endlag on grounded if he goes for :GCDL:/:GCDR: angle.

Relying on chip damage due to his small size is annoying but could be far worse. The slower the gameplay the better it is for you.

Edit: We can crouch under immediate SHAC Fair from all distances. Pika could beat this by SH Dair (tho this isn't a great poking tool) or FF for the last hit of Fair which is kinda dumb since we could PS the last hit on reaction
I think I'm just gonna send you like every Pikachu match I have since I'm clearly playing the MU wrong lol

Every competitive Pikachu ever has kicked my ass actually. I probably just need to play more campy. Quick Phantoms are nice for absorbing Tjolts at least

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I think I'm just gonna send you like every Pikachu match I have since I'm clearly playing the MU wrong lol

Every competitive Pikachu ever has kicked my *** actually. I probably just need to play more campy. Quick Phantoms are nice for absorbing Tjolts at least
I definitely would love to look at your games. I certainly wouldn't call myself an expert on the MU, there's only one Pika in Ireland who's really half decent at best but those are some of the things I've noticed both playing him & Pika4Life.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Another thing that got forgotten was the fact that against all probability a Wailord had suddenly been called into existence several miles above the surface of an alien planet.

And since this is not a naturally tenable position for a Wailord, this poor innocent creature had very little time to come to terms with its identity as a whale before it then had to come to terms with not being a Wailord any more.

This is a complete record of its thoughts from the moment it began its life till the moment it ended it.

Ah … ! What’s happening? it thought.

Er, excuse me, who am I?

Hello?

Why am I here? What’s my purpose in life?

What do I mean by who am I?

Calm down, get a grip now … oh! this is an interesting sensation, what is it? It’s a sort of … yawning, tingling sensation in my … my … well I suppose I’d better start finding names for things if I want to make any headway in what for the sake of what I shall call an argument I shall call the world, so let’s call it my stomach.

Good. Ooooh, it’s getting quite strong. And hey, what’s about this whistling roaring sound going past what I’m suddenly going to call my head? Perhaps I can call that … wind! Is that a good name? It’ll do … perhaps I can find a better name for it later when I’ve found out what it’s for. It must be something very important because there certainly seems to be a hell of a lot of it. Hey! What’s this thing? This … let’s call it a tail – yeah, tail. Hey! I can can really thrash it about pretty good can’t I? Wow! Wow! That feels great! Doesn’t seem to achieve very much but I’ll probably find out what it’s for later on. Now – have I built up any coherent picture of things yet?

No.

Never mind, hey, this is really exciting, so much to find out about, so much to look forward to, I’m quite dizzy with anticipation …

Or is it the wind?

There really is a lot of that now isn’t it?

And wow! Hey! What’s this thing suddenly coming towards me very fast? Very very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like … ow … ound … round … ground! That’s it! That’s a good name – ground!

I wonder if it will be friends with me?

And the rest, after a sudden wet thud, was silence.
I see the changes Sun/Moon made weren't only to the Pokemon franchise.
Would anyone want some matches?

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Hello gorls how have you all been? I hope you all had a splendid Thanksgiving if you celebrated it.

I'm excited people are trying to actually make a Sm4sh + mod and balance the game a little more. Can't wait to see what they do with our resident sass queen. If they're smart they'll nerf her. :secretkpop:

On another note... since Final Fantasy XV's release, I've been a slave to my PS4. The intro was rather... not great, but by the time I got to chapter 3 I started falling in love with the gameplay and world. I'm also very glad to see that the sales are looking strong, glad to have FF back on top. It's been a long time.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
With a bunch of Marvel vs. Capcom rumours going around.

Do you think we'll see an announcement of MvC at Capcom Cup this Saturday? And if so, do you think it'll be a reboot, remastering of UMvC3 or MvC4?

o ya maXy, can we analyze your pika match together? :3

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605

> Air speed buffs

There was absolutely no reason to remove Bair's kill power, if it was one of her, like 2 kill options.
And she will still never be able to beat decent swordies who are still able to wall out her hideous hitboxes.
:196:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Dunno whether to count myself lucky or not.

But I got myself a Ditto with 31 IVs in every stat from Wonder Trade. However... I'm more happy with the Hyper Training thing we got, it may be tedious, but dammit I'll stick with that. And besides, I already got my Japanese Shiny Ditto anyway.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Ok, so I want to use Salazzle, but she's so useless to me. I mean, it's hard for her to kill and even do damage, AND HOW DOES HER ABILITY WORK!? Can someone help me find a way to use her on my team? She is my only fire and poison type.

Last edited:
Top Bottom