• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
Huh? Not even close. DDD has overall the best survivability in the game, despite having a lower weight value than Bowser.

Usmash won't even kill until like 130% lol

Elevator isn't much better, and you won't be getting many OoS ones unless you perfect shield something.
Lol it was a joke because everyone knows D3 only dies from the sides. I guess sarcasm in text form isn't always obvious.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
If I actually saw a Zelda main do a perfect irl Dtaunt (and I mean perfect; waving your hand like 2 inches from their face with your ass sticking out with your other hand behind you while also smirking) in someone's face I would prompty die of laughter then worship them for all eternity.
Lol it was a joke because everyone knows D3 only dies from the sides. I guess sarcasm in text form isn't always obvious.
...oh
Oops. Sorry about that

Last edited:

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
If I actually saw a Zelda main do a perfect irl Dtaunt (and I mean perfect; waving your hand like 2 inches from their face with your *** sticking out with your other hand behind you while also smirking) in someone's face I would prompty die of laughter then worship them for all eternity.

...oh
Oops. Sorry about that
Here you go, I even found the right moment in the video (assuming you haven't seen this before)
Close enough amirite?

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Speaking of Zelda taking moves from Brawl: Taking back Brawl Dtilt > Utilt everyday.

7/8%, a spike hitbox, a more reliable combo lock but still has the popup %s, more range.

Dtilt in its current form has garbage damage/hitstun/range/damage. Apparently having a long hit duration is enough to be mediocre at everything else.

Did you know Mewtwo's Dtilt has over 10 frames of advantage on hit, it can do more damage than Zelda's, has double the range, and 4F less duration? Yes, I said Mewtwo, not Bayonetta. All of that is at the cost of 2F worse startup, still good startup btw.

SSB4 Utilt can at least be argued to be more useful. SSB4's does mounds of hitstun with high damage for a combo move. The range is hilariously good vs the visual, it's very fast with decent numbers on block, particularly behind.

If Zelda had slightly easier KO confirms, we wouldn't even talk about Brawl's KB. So we lost 4% damage? Just hit twice with Utilt and take that back. THEN go hit with a free 15% NAir. Did I mention that SSB4 Utilt hits lower in front than Brawl's? 3F of startup AND 4F of endlag were cut off?

Vote for Dtilt buffs. :303:

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Tbh I intentionally used utaunt because i felt like the by bi--- gurl taunt would have been seen as way too disrespectful lmao.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
uhhhh dude that's also a true combo that can't just be DI'd
I just finished fighting a dk and wasn't killed by it once. He kept going for it and asked why it wasnt connecting lol. I just input up and spam jump. Except for specific rage percents when it usually would connect but not ko. It's a true combo before kill percents though. There may be a strict window to kill zelda with it.

Edit: I'll gladly lab this with you.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
no, it's a TRUE KO COMBO, as in regardless of where you DI, it WILL hit you and will KILL you if they do it PROPERLY

The DK player doesn't know how to ding dong if it wasn't connecting.

Vertical DI no longer exists, holding up does nothing (are you guys playing on patch 1.0.0 or something?)

Edit: Just went and checked, it combos and KILLS realistically at 66-80% on FD with no rage. Earlier with rage.

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
I haven't died to the ding dong on cri-fi or in tourney without cheese platforms or rage in ages.

Like I said, I'll gladly lab it if you're available and you can shut me up. I have nothing to lose or gain. All I know is I for whatever reason never get donged.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Then perhaps because of zeldas odd mixture of mid weights and floatiness, her KO window is much smaller.

As for the players competence, he kept donging our second pr who was playing robin so at the very least he knows how to do it.

I don't know why I don't die to the dong, but a stricter window would make sense.

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Thanks. I'll take this info and shut myself up when I'm home. I'm sure you're right, it's just odd because I never felt the dong so over time I just told myself it wasn't a threat to zelda and so far it never has been so I live in a fantasy word over here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

**** MY *** BEYONCÉ DROPPED HER ALBUM AND I CAN'T EVEN LISTEN TO IT CAUSE OF TIDAL.

CRYING SO HARD RIGHT NOW.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
**** MY *** BEYONCÉ DROPPED HER ALBUM AND I CAN'T EVEN LISTEN TO IT CAUSE OF TIDAL.

CRYING SO HARD RIGHT NOW.

LMAO gorl my mom is blasting the album in her room as we speak lol.

Apparently it's really deep and exposes more about her life and her marriage to Jay Z

:150:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Zelda is top tier

You guys aren't spamming side B enough
In honor of blaze day, I went DK/Zelda team up in doubles at a Smashfest the other day. ...and spammed side b. People complained about how hard it was to notice Din's Fire when Donkey Kong's meat hands were slapping them in the face. Sweetspotted a full distance Din's on a Marth charging upsmash to kill my partner, a few off-stage blast, a couple off stage assists (forced an air dodge for my partner to punish, and blew up both one time,) and blew up a ledge over and over while covering roll get up distance, while DK covered other options. Teleport snipes were also in fashion.

That saaaaid.

Where's Fujin when you need him to bring all these insane Zeldas down?

Surprisingly this place would actually be more SANE if he were here.
You guys don't understand Zelda is really good, you're only saying bad things about her because you've never played her before, give her a chance I promise.
Don't worry. After fully researching and pushing my Zelda against proper opponents, I've gone back to quietly tucking her away outside of fun and friendlies while I pray every night for buffs. The only advantage I've found is that for people I can comfortably, beat, I beat them way faster with Zelda. The only other advantage is the one everyone already knows, with a decent Zelda getting away with things they shouldn't until people figure out you suck.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Threw up in public today. How am I going to live this down? I really don't need more things to randomly cringe about.
Why, what happened?
Who isn't curious as to how Trump would run the country though?

Either way I can't vote in the US.
IDK how people can think he's even remotely qualified to run the country. What does he intend to do, get a "small million dollar loan" from China?

Have you heard R.E.M.'s "Ignoreland"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyCxJZac2s4
"These *******s stole their power from the victims of the Us v.
Them years,"
like the tea party, ^that's what Trump is. The 'p***ed off and angry party' who caters to people's frustrations to mask their own complete incompetence.
Could see this conversation going south, but I'll bite. Probably Sanders. I used to be for Hilary, but then she just kept lying and lying and now I find it difficult to take her seriously. Should she get the nomination for Democratic nominee, I'll probably vote for her for the sake of not having Trump or Cruz as president.
^this. I dislike Clinton but think she is capable of running the country, which conservatives are not. Too bad she's made a lot of stupid attacks on Sanders lately; the Democratic national committee has dirtied their hands too. Hillary wouldn't blotch foreign policy and has a lot of experience in that area. Although she is more hawkish than I prefer, she isn't reckless and would be good at dealing with leaders like Putin in a responsible way (and not saying they have small d***s like republicans did during their debates). She'd support separation of church and state, same-sex marriage and healthcare. Also if another supreme court justice dies, Hillary wouldn't nominate some insane bigot who is against these things. Hilary has fought for women's rights and healthcare for a long time; it's not like she's pulling a hollow publicity campaign. She'd reinforce the status quo, which I dislike, but also not ruin the economy. Obama has actually done a great job lowering the deficit by a billion $ and bringing unemployment under 6% despite the republicans wasting over a million $, each time, trying to repeal universal healthcare, not passing any job bills and generally being the least productive congress in history. Electing a republican over Clinton is crazy.

Frankly the Benghazi "scandal" hasn't shown any criminal activity through many investigations. It's a political attack and gross misuse of resources. Other presidents had similar events during their administrations and no one cared. The American news media is a propaganda outlet.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Also I still think Lucario and Dedede are winning MUs for :4gaw: even though I lost to them a few times today. Against Lucario I screwed up by not killing them early on with Oil Panic, allowing him to use high percent Aura Spheres to hit me. Against Dedede I just suck at getting back from the ledge.

Rage is Game & Watch's bane. He wins neutral and advantage but ends up just building their damage which makes killing him super easily.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Moving away from the political talk to go back to the former discussion about Zelda's MUs. Here are my two cents about some common MUs that are considered "good" for Zelda.

:4jigglypuff: - Arguably our best MU, but I still think it's even at best. Zelda can kill Jiggs at very low %, but Zelda's awful frame data makes her subject to Rest. Jiggs does well to control air space, but Zelda can control the ground game decently. Both have eh neutrals.
:4ganondorf:- People say this MU is in our favour but I think it's even. Both have awful neutrals so it's basically whoever makes the mistake first gets punished hard. Both can kill each other very early. Ganondorf's SideB is annoying if you can't tech it, and his Uair beats more stuff than we want.
:4palutena:- Can't say much but Tuna wants the grabs and can set them up decently well on the slow and floaty Zelda. Tuna hoo-hah and Bair are annoying. Probably is around even or slightly in Tuna's advantage.
:4bowser:- NO. TERRIBLE MU. Bowser boxes out literally all of Zelda's approach options. He can literally sit there and jab and there's nothing to do. Playing the combo character in this MU makes Zelda play a game she's not comfortable with, and she can die super early. We can get the kicks, but in the end he gets the last laugh.
:4charizard: - BAIR OMG. Also Zard is difficult to kill. His ground game is surprisingly hard to punish, his grab game is good, his Flamethrower is super annoying during recovery, and he kills way too early for our liking. Bad MU, -1 at the very least.
:4dedede:- Apparently Zelda beats heavies? I disagree heavily. This is an awful MU for Zelda, easy -2. You get grabbed and BAM you are in such a high percent. Dedede can really pressure your recovery and ledge options well. And he's fat so it's literally impossible to get the early rage kill for the momentum. Play patient, sure. But if he does the same there's nothing we can do.
:4samus:- After Samus' buffs, I do think now we lose this MU. Zoning game is much better, her tilts actually function and do well to box us out, and Charge Shot is always a problem alongside Nair and Bair. At least she can't pressure shield too much minus charge shot + bomb.
:4duckhunt: - Speaking of shield, it's very important to do so against this guy. But he gets a lot of mileage from getting a successful projectile hit, and gets so much stage control it's hard for the slow Zelda to gain it back easy. But at least we can deal with the projectiles okay with our floatyness, and punish hard up close. Probably even-ish.
:4robinf: - Her projectiles wall us out pretty well, but she does have to play careful because missing a move is quite costly especially if it's a grab. But she can do the grab traps on us quite well. At least we have good offstage control and somewhat better upclose options, but it's a -1 for sure.
:4rob: - Other than beating his recovery hard, his BEEP-BOOP and projectiles are way too cancerous for Zelda to handle. Seriously. Still one of her better-ish higher tier MUs, but -1 at the very best.
:4cloud:- pls no

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
Moving away from the political talk to go back to the former discussion about Zelda's MUs. Here are my two cents about some common MUs that are considered "good" for Zelda.

:4jigglypuff: - Arguably our best MU, but I still think it's even at best. Zelda can kill Jiggs at very low %, but Zelda's awful frame data makes her subject to Rest. Jiggs does well to control air space, but Zelda can control the ground game decently. Both have eh neutrals.
:4ganondorf:- People say this MU is in our favour but I think it's even. Both have awful neutrals so it's basically whoever makes the mistake first gets punished hard. Both can kill each other very early. Ganondorf's SideB is annoying if you can't tech it, and his Uair beats more stuff than we want.
:4palutena:- Can't say much but Tuna wants the grabs and can set them up decently well on the slow and floaty Zelda. Tuna hoo-hah and Bair are annoying. Probably is around even or slightly in Tuna's advantage.
:4bowser:- NO. TERRIBLE MU. Bowser boxes out literally all of Zelda's approach options. He can literally sit there and jab and there's nothing to do. Playing the combo character in this MU makes Zelda play a game she's not comfortable with, and she can die super early. We can get the kicks, but in the end he gets the last laugh.
:4charizard: - BAIR OMG. Also Zard is difficult to kill. His ground game is surprisingly hard to punish, his grab game is good, his Flamethrower is super annoying during recovery, and he kills way too early for our liking. Bad MU, -1 at the very least.
:4dedede:- Apparently Zelda beats heavies? I disagree heavily. This is an awful MU for Zelda, easy -2. You get grabbed and BAM you are in such a high percent. Dedede can really pressure your recovery and ledge options well. And he's fat so it's literally impossible to get the early rage kill for the momentum. Play patient, sure. But if he does the same there's nothing we can do.
:4samus:- After Samus' buffs, I do think now we lose this MU. Zoning game is much better, her tilts actually function and do well to box us out, and Charge Shot is always a problem alongside Nair and Bair. At least she can't pressure shield too much minus charge shot + bomb.
:4duckhunt: - Speaking of shield, it's very important to do so against this guy. But he gets a lot of mileage from getting a successful projectile hit, and gets so much stage control it's hard for the slow Zelda to gain it back easy. But at least we can deal with the projectiles okay with our floatyness, and punish hard up close. Probably even-ish.
:4robinf: - Her projectiles wall us out pretty well, but she does have to play careful because missing a move is quite costly especially if it's a grab. But she can do the grab traps on us quite well. At least we have good offstage control and somewhat better upclose options, but it's a -1 for sure.
:4rob: - Other than beating his recovery hard, his BEEP-BOOP and projectiles are way too cancerous for Zelda to handle. Seriously. Still one of her better-ish higher tier MUs, but -1 at the very best.
:4cloud:- pls no
How do you think Zelda does against :4olimar:/:4alph:?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
How do you think Zelda does against :4olimar:/:4alph:?
Very obscure MU that is rarely played, but it's very similar to the MU in Brawl. In Brawl though, Olimar had much stronger frame data, 6 pikmin, and a system engine that beautifully complemented his defensive playstyle. Even now, he still has the very solid aerials that stuff our approach, very powerful and quick smash attacks that are very difficult to punish, and forces Zelda to approach when PIkmin are plucked on her, especially if it's white or purple.

It's a lot better in this game though, for a few reasons. Olimar's recovery is still a liability that Zelda can take advantage of to a certain extent. Olimar's landing lag on aerials is godawful in this game and even some as slow as Zelda can punish it, but it's not something to be relied on as a smart Olimar player would never leave himself open to such. The biggest thing is that there's only 3 Pikmin instead of 6, and that the smash attacks can be reflected. Albeit reflecting smash attacks should rarely happen, but the scare factor is there, and if you pull if off at least once in a set, you make a statement and that does alleviate the MU a bit if the opponent is scared to throw the smash attacks out.

Still, Olimar gets the grabs really easily on the slow and grounded-heavy Zelda, and gets lots of mileage off of them. You're mostly playing catchup in this MU unless you get the rage kill. Play patient and outmaneuver the little man to get stage control and hopefully he'll make a mistake to set up for a potential edgeguard.

Final verdict: -2

Rizen

Smash Legend
I wrote about Zelda vs Ganon but the dumb nightly backup ate my post :glare: The gist was Zelda's amazing recovery negates one of Ganon's big strong points: intercepting. She also murders him offstage. On big stages approaching a smart Zelda is a huge pain so stage selection is important. Zelda still is Zelda with bad options so on smaller stages she must play extremely carefully or die in 4 hits. IMO liberal stage lists with Town and City and DH make the MU +1 in Zelda's favor.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Did my rounds today, and will probably get some help with one of the exercises for Uni today. Even though I will be taking a break today from it. :V
Also, I saw Episode 2 of Sakamoto Desu Ga? and Episode 4 of Ace Attorney.

:4marth: being cool as ever. <3
And it was pretty funny, :4marth: working at McDonalds with another student who was getting bullied. Plus one girl trying to get him to fall for her in the second part by trying to use some tricks she learned from a book she has; with each of them failing.

You cannot make the Hero King fall in love! :secretkpop:
Also, Hikaru Midorikawa voices both Sakamoto and Marth. :V

Pretty much what you expect if you've played the 2nd Episode of Ace Attorney. Redd White gets caught with blackmailing all these different people and companies with all the information he illegally got through the wiretapping April May did for him, forcing him to confess on murdering Mia Fey. Animation was slightly better during this episode, but it was still pretty eh.

Also, 3D People in the audience during the trial. :secretkpop:
And Maya wanting her burgers after the case.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Rizen Rizen I hope Sanders gets in and then congress is all Republican so absolutely nothing gets accomplished for 4 years. That's the dream. The government has too much power and they are getting worse at representing the people. But that's what governments always do.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Why, what happened?

IDK how people can think he's even remotely qualified to run the country. What does he intend to do, get a "small million dollar loan" from China?

Have you heard R.E.M.'s "Ignoreland"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyCxJZac2s4
"These *******s stole their power from the victims of the Us v.
Them years,"
like the tea party, ^that's what Trump is. The 'p***ed off and angry party' who caters to people's frustrations to mask their own complete incompetence.

^this. I dislike Clinton but think she is capable of running the country, which conservatives are not. Too bad she's made a lot of stupid attacks on Sanders lately; the Democratic national committee has dirtied their hands too. Hillary wouldn't blotch foreign policy and has a lot of experience in that area. Although she is more hawkish than I prefer, she isn't reckless and would be good at dealing with leaders like Putin in a responsible way (and not saying they have small d***s like republicans did during their debates). She'd support separation of church and state, same-sex marriage and healthcare. Also if another supreme court justice dies, Hillary wouldn't nominate some insane bigot who is against these things. Hilary has fought for women's rights and healthcare for a long time; it's not like she's pulling a hollow publicity campaign. She'd reinforce the status quo, which I dislike, but also not ruin the economy. Obama has actually done a great job lowering the deficit by a billion $ and bringing unemployment under 6% despite the republicans wasting over a million $, each time, trying to repeal universal healthcare, not passing any job bills and generally being the least productive congress in history. Electing a republican over Clinton is crazy.

Frankly the Benghazi "scandal" hasn't shown any criminal activity through many investigations. It's a political attack and gross misuse of resources. Other presidents had similar events during their administrations and no one cared. The American news media is a propaganda outlet.
Spicy food can be a ***** sometimes.

I'm not too sure how Trump would run things but he would be the last person I'd vote for. It's politics so we usually vote for the lesser of the evils. I actually liked Bill Clinton so if Hilary can be like him that's good enough for me.

D

Deleted member

gorls, patch 1.1.6 notes were leaked...

a japanese smasher datamined and found notes for zelda, and this was translated from him:

gorls, patch 1.1.6 notes were leaked...

a japanese smasher datamined and found notes for zelda, and this was translated from him:

o

the last sentence convinced me to switch to her when 1.1.6 hits <3

ty japanese ****s. ty feelix

ayt gon b ******** somewhere bibi

Last edited:
Top Bottom