• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
It really is kind of tired honestly. Moreso than annoying I think it's just been around for so long that it's losing its impact and I see it so often that it's just...yeah.

Def sucks that YT people are dumb but it's 100% YT people lol. They've always been a kind of crappy bunch outside of the content producers haha. It's why YT comments are a running gag, really.
I wanna say I read Youtube comments for the lolz but tbh they scare me more than they make me laugh.

Yt.JPG

Look at this asshole. I bet he like his own comments and faps to ZSS every day.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
ya and one of my characters is called cancer by half the community.
If you're referring to Campalina then ye. Her cancer screening confirmed she was actually a giant tumor with a tiny tumor revolving around her. She is actually The Cancer Galaxy. Occasionally, you may find top tiers visiting her galaxy.

Variant of :secret kpop: to show I may or may not be joking goes here

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I like my own comments on youtube. It's an option, why not? IDK why people are so against it.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
It's an overused meme that lost its cleverness. I get it, it was funny initially. I don't deny how disgustingly hypocritical it is of ZSS mains to trash-talk other mains un-ironically. I'm guilty of this myself. Okay, so my genuine disdain for Sonic mains is finally starting to fade away, but my reluctance towards calling Megaman anything but a "spam" character is as strong as ever. With all this said, I don't deny that I truly believe I/ZSS mains have every right to be pissed at the Zero Skill Spamus meme. Like, sure, I'm no fan of the Blue Bomber, and after a few frustrating matches I may find myself questioning the inclusion of the character, but I have no intentions to go on every Megaman video I see on Youtube, and make a comment simply stating "**** those Megaman mains, man."

I'm well aware the common refutation is, "Well, it's a fictional character. Why do you care so much?" Is it really such a big deal? Am I overreacting? Maybe, I wouldn't be able to give you a clear answer. I'm biased. The way I see it, acting like a scumbag is acting like a scumbag, topic withholding. There's just something inherently wrong about being able to say, "Zero Skill Spamus mains are braindead and should feel bad," and get standing ovation in my book. Guess this is what it feels like being treated as the scapegoat. I realize that the original intent of the joke was all in jest, but it's a pet peeve of mine that Youtube commenters think they're sooo clever by using it. "Zero Suit Samus? More like... Zero Skill Spamus ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Get it guys? Zero Skill, as in her mains don't have any skill? 10/10 dunut steel." Pretentious af.

Whatever, maybe I am just overreacting to a game after all.
At least you don't have people spreading around that your character is trash because he got nerfed once and got a dumb meme associated with it that has since lost any significance it even had =V

Though I guess at least I get the benefit of being the underdog people root for instead of being the top tier main that everyone tries to boo out.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
If you're referring to Campalina then ye. Her cancer screening confirmed she was actually a giant tumor with a tiny tumor revolving around her. She is actually The Cancer Galaxy. Occasionally, you may find top tiers visiting her galaxy.

Variant of :secret kpop: to show I may or may not be joking goes here
how dare you ever imply I play :rosalina: even as a joke
At least you don't have people spreading around that your character is trash because he got nerfed once and got a dumb meme associated with it that has since lost any significance it even had =V

Though I guess at least I get the benefit of being the underdog people root for instead of being the top tier main that everyone tries to boo out.
i still don't know **** about frog

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
It's an overused meme that lost its cleverness. I get it, it was funny initially. I don't deny how disgustingly hypocritical it is of ZSS mains to trash-talk other mains un-ironically. I'm guilty of this myself. Okay, so my genuine disdain for Sonic mains is finally starting to fade away, but my reluctance towards calling Megaman anything but a "spam" character is as strong as ever. With all this said, I don't deny that I truly believe I/ZSS mains have every right to be pissed at the Zero Skill Spamus meme. Like, sure, I'm no fan of the Blue Bomber, and after a few frustrating matches I may find myself questioning the inclusion of the character, but I have no intentions to go on every Megaman video I see on Youtube, and make a comment simply stating "**** those Megaman mains, man."

I'm well aware the common refutation is, "Well, it's a fictional character. Why do you care so much?" Is it really such a big deal? Am I overreacting? Maybe, I wouldn't be able to give you a clear answer. I'm biased. The way I see it, acting like a scumbag is acting like a scumbag, topic withholding. There's just something inherently wrong about being able to say, "Zero Skill Spamus mains are braindead and should feel bad," and get standing ovation in my book. Guess this is what it feels like being treated as the scapegoat. I realize that the original intent of the joke was all in jest, but it's a pet peeve of mine that Youtube commenters think they're sooo clever by using it. "Zero Suit Samus? More like... Zero Skill Spamus ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Get it guys? Zero Skill, as in her mains don't have any skill? 10/10 dunut steel." Pretentious af.

Oh my gosh agreed. I've been trying to get people to call her Zero Gravity Spamus for months now! Let the moon boots reign supreme!

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Today I asked a libertarian how will they pay to fix potholes with no taxes and got no response. I don't think he thought it through.
It would be a lot of toll roads owned by businesses that took care of them. That's what most people Libertarians propose. The hope is that profit will drive them (ha) to keep up maintenance.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just had my breakfast and a shower. And I've watched some rounds of Dengeki Fighting Climax Ignition. And I saw a really good Shizuo player who bodied a Kirito player by beating out his burst with a Projectile invul divekick. Was pretty hype.

Shame that Dengeki's competitive scene is non-existent in Europe and US. :V

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'm glad you asked.

I felt a need to watch a need to watch some films made in America. To have a better understanding of your culture.
not a bad choice. if you are looking for more american films I would recommend Do The Right Thing, however it's not a particularly easy film to digest.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
not a bad choice. if you are looking for more american films I would recommend Do The Right Thing, however it's not a particularly easy film to digest.
Actually, I have looked at others like City of Lights, Casablanca, 12 Angry Men and Sawshank Redemption. Thank you for the recommendation, I'll look into it.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Actually, I have looked at others like City of Lights, Casablanca, 12 Angry Men and Sawshank Redemption. Thank you for the recommendation, I'll look into it.
What about comedies? Are you looking into any of those?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Yes, I am. If you have any recommendations, do tell.
I don't remember too many comedies. But I could recommend Hear No Evil, See No Evil (About two people who are deaf and blind who get accused of murder), Dr. DoLittle is a pretty good one about a vet played by Eddie Murphy who can talk to animals.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Airplane!, The Princess Bride, Singin' in the Rain, and Dumb and Dumber are all hilarious comedies for different reasons. They range from dry sarcastic jokes that don't even seem like jokes to straight up slapstick comedy.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
How did they get such a brilliant cast? Literally every part is perfectly done.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just had my breakfast and a shower. And I've watched some rounds of Dengeki Fighting Climax Ignition. And I saw a really good Shizuo player who bodied a Kirito player by beating out his burst with a Projectile invul divekick. Was pretty hype.

Shame that Dengeki's competitive scene is non-existent in Europe and US. :V/QUOTE]
I use to watch Fighting Climax matches all the time, they're very entertaining. I remember I got the chance to finally play the game at an Anime Con I went to last year. It was a lot of fun.

Last edited:

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
So I've been lurking this thread and I see movies

For comedies, I'd suggest "His Girl Friday", it's old, but hilarious. About a divorced couple of journalists, and the sass is just off the charts.
(From what I've understood you girls are heavily into that:secretkpop:)

I'd also like to take this rare post to thank everyone for the sassy gifs. I've savec every single one:secretkpop:)

Edit: I'd also recommend "Bringing up Baby", and just about anything by Howard Hawkes with Cary Grant.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I use to watch Fighting Climax matches all the time, they're very entertaining. I remember I got the chance to finally play the game at an Anime Con I went to last year. It was a lot of fun.
It still looks pretty fun. That Shizuo v Kirito match was pretty hype tbh, shame that it won't get big outside of Japan. :V

I might watch a bit more DFCI, a bit of SFV, but I'll mainly watch some Sm4sh to see what new stuff comes out for my main(s).

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
It still looks pretty fun. That Shizuo v Kirito match was pretty hype tbh, shame that it won't get big outside of Japan. :V

I might watch a bit more DFCI, a bit of SFV, but I'll mainly watch some Sm4sh to see what new stuff comes out for my main(s).
I remember it had a small competitive scene for a bit back in the past but yeah, it's not as nearly big (or entertaining) as Japan. Blazblue and Guilty Gear seem to be more popular.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
12 angry men is so good it's kinda one of those prideful american movies.
anyways some other recommendations
  • action (Clint Eastwood) - Dirty Harry, mostly because Clint Eastwood is awesome and does a good job of playing antiheroes. There's also gran turismo which is definitely more of the times. additionally there is Million dollar baby and unforgiven which neither of them I have gotten to see from him yet. I'm a big Clint Eastwood fan
  • musicals - White Christmas and Singing in the Rain have both aged a bit, but both are still entertaining and considered classic. There's also Gone with the Wind, I actually don't like this one, at all, but it's considered a classic
  • Plays adapted into movies - Wizard of Oz, no idea why this became a classic or why everyone likes, but I also like it
  • Comedy - comedy is hard to recommend most of it has to do with the times. Office Space, however would be a great choice gives a good view into the average american's lifestyle. Caddyshack if you are into golf culture for some reason. I think Ghostbusters goes here as well
  • thrillers - Rear window, Vertigo, Psycho, all are made by Alfred Hitchcock, all of them are excellent. I don't know why anyone else bothers in the horror/thriller/suspense genre no one comes even close to him. Rear window is probably the biggest recommend if looking into american culture
  • animated - Just look up like Pixar films 1999-2010 I recommend all of them. There are some disney films I'd recommend as well, but it's a long list to go through. Snow white and the Seven Dwarfs sticks out the most though even if it isn't my favorite.
  • Christmas/festival? - Miracle on 34th street or It's a wonderful life both are rather feel good films. It's really hard not to like these Holiday oriented films
  • Wartime - no recommendations, a genre I do not visit much. There are two movies that stand out though for those from Asian cultures looking at America by description alone. Flags of our Fathers is a movie about the american side in the battle of Iwo Jima followed by Letters from Iwo Jima about the reverse side. Both movies are the same director and released in the same year. I have not seen either of these
  • Westerns - I mentioned Unforgiven earlier, but I still haven't watch it. True Grit is awesome there is two versions to it though, original and new. Dances with Wolves is another one I have not seen as of yet, it's one my watch list :/
If you have any questions or anything catches your eye by description or you want more details feel free to ask.
Talking about Film and not Anime would be nice for once
The Princess Bride is pretty much the best movie ever.
no clue why everyone loves that movie so much. It is good, but it's not like Furrets gently floating down from the sky that you can cuddle

Hello?

None of y'all watch Mean Girls?
no please say more

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I remember it had a small competitive scene for a bit back in the past but yeah, it's not as nearly big (or entertaining) as Japan. Blazblue and Guilty Gear seem to be more popular.
Don't forget Melty Blood has a bit of a competitive scene too. I think it's dwindled a bit in the US. But it's still a bit big in Japan.

Also, when they comes out on Steam. I'm gonna try and main Arcueid, Kohaku & Archetype-EARTH. Those lot seem to be really fun, plus I have a bit of knowledge on Arc & Kohaku.

12 angry men is so good it's kinda one of those prideful american movies.
anyways some other recommendations
  • Westerns - I mentioned Unforgiven earlier, but I still haven't watch it. True Grit is awesome there is two versions to it though, original and new. Dances with Wolves is another one I have not seen as of yet, it's one my watch list :/
You forgot Blazing Saddles too. That's a really good Western parody. I've watched Robin Hood: Men in Tights which I find really funny despite the negative reception it gets. Dunno about Spaceballs, but I heard that's kinda funny too.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
No comment on the final Smash direct announcement? Guess none of us really care enough to be inside the Zelda buff prayer circle :secretkpop:

Now having this be the last Smash related announcement has some implications. Will this indeed be the last Smash related content released to the game? Will this mean... NO MORE BALANCE PATCHES AFTER THIS AS WELL!?

If they actually stop doing balance patches I would actually be very happy. It pushes the metagame forward. This is stuff we are given, so these are the tools we will use from now till the end. No longer will we have noobs cry over characters and want to hold onto daddy Sakurai's hand for help. It's time to adapt and move on to the big leagues. And we can finally start weeding out only the best of the best, and FINALLY start invalidating characters in the metagame instead of saying that all 50+ characters are viable.

Of course, we might just have balance patches anyway and the game will always change sigh

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
You forgot Blazing Saddles too. That's a really good Western parody. I've watched Robin Hood: Men in Tights which I find really funny despite the negative reception it gets. Dunno about Spaceballs, but I heard that's kinda funny too.
you sure you don't mean the adventures of robin hood?
Spaceballs is hilarious, but also terrible. The kind of thing I laugh at, but I know the joke is just bad.

Anyways overall when it comes to parodies it's hard to recommend them cause it requires knowing source material and inside jokes or really low brow humor.
No comment on the final Smash direct announcement? Guess none of us really care enough to be inside the Zelda buff prayer circle :secretkpop:

Now having this be the last Smash related announcement has some implications. Will this indeed be the last Smash related content released to the game? Will this mean... NO MORE BALANCE PATCHES AFTER THIS AS WELL!?

If they actually stop doing balance patches I would actually be very happy. It pushes the metagame forward. This is stuff we are given, so these are the tools we will use from now till the end. No longer will we have noobs cry over characters and want to hold onto daddy Sakurai's hand for help. It's time to adapt and move on to the big leagues. And we can finally start weeding out only the best of the best, and FINALLY start invalidating characters in the metagame instead of saying that all 50+ characters are viable.

Of course, we might just have balance patches anyway and the game will always change sigh
ya only 2 characters are viable
the one you can't punish and the one that has kill set ups at any % :yeahboi:
I'd like to say no more patches, but there are too many irrelevant characters in a roster of 50+
When's the last time you've seen a :4duckhunt::4robinm::4samus::4bowserjr::4littlemac: in tournament, I think it's been months for me.
game will evolve anyways, it's not like they are removing tech again. Last thing they removed was like :4link::4fox: jab locks prob just to see link main's cry. Patches can slow down though, Fighting games almost never see patches this often. We are getting them at the consistency of a shooter which is like one step away from a moba

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I wonder if the final balance changes will just be minor things or if they'll give the bottom tiers massive buffs and the top tiers moderate nerfs.

Regardless, this will be the final prayer circle...
3eSZOUT.gif
3eSZOUT.gif
3eSZOUT.gif

PRAYING EXTRA HARD TO SAKURAI
As for characters I'm still wanting Wolf in and secretly hoping Midna will somehow get in (even though it probably won't happen cri).

Last edited:

ninjaraiii

Smash Rookie

Hey there now pal, megaman takes quite a bit of skill to main (properly). Spamming stuff with megaman is gonna make you lose anyways 7/10 times. I know from experience.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I'm betting on some change that will make Zelda's life harder and lightweight praying on Daisy's inclusion so I have a princess to fight Peach with that doesn't drain all my mental fortitude away to win lol.

I'm excited but also praying its the last balance patch at least for a while like more than 6 months cause patch after patch is just a bit much and I'm always losing my replays lol

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
We got new Famitsu scaaaans woooaah
We got some new costumes! They're based on WW and PH characters! From what I can tell:
Darunia - Biggoron (Phantom Hourglass)
Ganondorf - Phantom Ganon TRON GANON
Zant - Gohdan
Ghirahim - Kalle Demos
Link - Toon Link (Outset Island outfit)
Fi - Great Fairy
Toon Link - Outset Island outfit
Tetra - Swapped Bandanna/Jacket colors

The only one I'm stumped on is Lana :/ I think Skull Kid might have a new one as well in that screenshot.

We're also getting some sort customizable Fairy ally. I'm not sure what it does, but you can dress it up in various outfits, some of which are based off other characters.

Also, a Wind Waker adventure map, plus confirmation that the old Adventure maps returning!

Last edited:
Top Bottom