• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Everyone I know that got a Vita got it strictly for waifu games.

Which apparently the system has a lot of.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I never did get a Vita. Mainly because there were no games on it that interested me.

The only games I did play on the PSP however were Tales of Eternia, Phantom Brave, Disgaea 2: DHD and Ys: The Ark of Napishtism.

I guess that's because I'm more of a Nintendo person. Even though I do own a PS3. I mainly got it for some Fighting games, might get rid of it later on.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
My friend has a Vita for PS1 stuff and just general Sony stuff on the go. He mostly plays old games anyways so it was a match made from the get-go.

Kind of like I how I buy most Nintendo consoles, cause I play old games/Nintendo games. I TRY to keep up with Sony cause it's usually my squeeze after PC/Nintendo but I can't see myself with a PS4 anytime soon.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I think the very last physical copy I bought for my PS3 was J-Stars Victory Vs. (The original Japanese version), which I can say is a really fun party game. I see it as one, since there's no true combos (Because assists can be called anytime to help you out). And there are obviously broken characters in that game. (Ryoutsu, Sasuke, Ichigo, Luffy and Toriko spring to mind.)

But I haven't touched my PS3 in ages now. If I did, I'd most likely use it to watch DVDs of anime. (Might need to get a new cable for it. Since there are times when the sound won't play or the screen will flicker.) :V

Also, I heard that Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code will be coming to Steam. Along with Under Night In-Birth: EXE Late. I'm looking forward to that. (Maybe I can main Kohaku & Arcueid again, Archetype-EARTH looks awesome though. Looking forward to trying out Sion in UNIEL too.)

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
The more I look at this image, the more I wish it actually hit.
I was curious so I took a peak at the data,

that should just be barely missing. A size 8.7 hitbox seems really impressive. With the displacement in mind its maximum horizontal range is like, 22.4 units (Which is pretty good) and its maximum "negative" vertical range (Beneath the x-axis) is 5.2 units. (Which is pretty decent for below the x-axis)

I don't have mewtwo myself. Could you try it vs a couple characters who are slightly taller?

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Along with Under Night In-Birth: EXE Late.
Dang, that's one less excuse I can use when my friends ask me why I don't have it yet.

"Vatista is a charge character and Hilda is bad" still works I guess.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

that should just be barely missing. A size 8.7 hitbox seems really impressive. With the displacement in mind its maximum horizontal range is like, 22.4 units (Which is pretty good) and its maximum "negative" vertical range (Beneath the x-axis) is 5.2 units. (Which is pretty decent for below the x-axis)

I don't have mewtwo myself. Could you try it vs a couple characters who are slightly taller?
I know that it works on Bowser, Rosa and Ganon.
Surprisingly not DK and Zard since they're hunched just low enough for it to miss. If they go into their other idle animations they'll get hit, but really, no one is going to just stand there so...

EDIT: Just tried it on DDD, Samus and ZSS and they do get hit the same way the other three can.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I think from what I've heard. Akatsuki and Sion are not that good. Hilda I think is okay.
Akatsuki is booty in UNIEL and really good in [st], apparently. Idk where Sion fell in the tier list, she gets really good conversions when she gets in (and her combos are so flashy oml) but I don't know what her neutral's like - probably a lot worse than that of characters like Linne, Merkava, Vatista, etc.

Hilda was second worst ahead of Akatsuki last I saw a tier list, if she loses neutral once she's pretty much dead because her only defensive option is Veil Off, which...is pretty much as bad as you can get defensively. And in a game where you have people like Gordeau and Merkava with fullscreen normals you really aren't going to have an easy time zoning with projectiles.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Guess who got onto EMG's weekly plays again? =^)

Spoiler alert, it's not :4zelda: who would ever use that tr4sh smh

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Would anyone be up for some matches today? I kinda wanna try and get back into using Zelda/Shulk and maybe see if I'm better with Lucina or Marth. Although I feel like I cannot play Marth at all. :V

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
hey Rosalina social how have you been i haven't been here for a while now
INSERT ROSALINA FEET PIC HERE

I got infracted for this post, remind me never to go back to that place

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
wait what? and why?
you remeber that rosalina feet picture Koiba Koiba posted here, I found it in the Rosalina social and commented it with the Kuromon pic and then the Mod infracted me, presumably because i beleived that Rosalinda's ugly feet aren't the most wonderful thing on the planet.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
you remeber that rosalina feet picture Koiba Koiba posted here, I found it in the Rosalina social and commented it with the Kuromon pic and then the Mod infracted me, presumably because i beleived that Rosalinda's ugly feet aren't the most wonderful thing on the planet.
Um sisT I think you're talking about @Mukuro gurl

My feet are way more gorgeous than some random 8 foot women's that's randomly in outer space anyway~

I posted this from the Rosalinda social

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just heard from a friend that Dengeki fighting game is getting a new version.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition.

So far, they've added new assists, five new characters and some balance changes. (Heard Maou got a buff where he takes 1 hit to go into his Overlord Mode, instead of 3 hits.)

Waiting for a Strawberry Panic representative. Aoi Nagisa & Shizuma Hanazono as a tag team/puppet character or either one as an assist or fighter. :V

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
clearly having opinion that rosalina isn't the best character on her board is grounds for being banned

Just heard from a friend that Dengeki fighting game is getting a new version.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition.

So far, they've added new assists, five new characters and some balance changes. (Heard Maou got a buff where he takes 1 hit to go into his Overlord Mode, instead of 3 hits.)

Waiting for a Strawberry Panic representative. Aoi Nagisa & Shizuma Hanazono as a tag team/puppet character or either one as an assist or fighter. :V
video got bodied like

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
r_greening1 r_greening1 I don't think it works that way gorl! IDK if it'll remove it from the count! (It might, but you already posted again.)

Stuck being trolled by Rosalinda for your 1000th post 5evr :secretkpop:

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU

Sorry for asking but, how big is one unit?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
relatively small Zelda's sweet spot is 1.9 units for Fair/Bair respectively
generally what makes a hitbox 'large' is when there are several hit boxes connected to different points on the character and or are spread out. Not often will something just be one big hitbox unless your name is dedede, his nair/bair like 10 units

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Like, really small actually. I couldn't visualize it myself, but, it's just really small.

Also, "Size 8.7" is referring to the radius of the hit-boxes/hit-bubbles. SSB has used sphere hitboxes since Melee, so in the mastercore data, "size=#" is the sphere's radius. So the hitbox would have the old sphere volume formula using in this case, 8.7, as the radius variable. So that 8.7 isn't actually just a tiny distance x 8.

Edit : As furret said as well. If Zelda's LK sweet-spots are 1.9 units, (So, 3.8 in full horizontal and vertical range) that can give some perspective on how big one unit is, if it's roughly 1/4 of her sweet-spot's horizontal range...LOL

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
so i guess I traded an infraction for a bunch of likes k
such is the life of a zelda social nerd

Top Bottom