• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Hey there now pal, megaman takes quite a bit of skill to main (properly). Spamming stuff with megaman is gonna make you lose anyways 7/10 times. I know from experience.
Well that means you win 3/10 times which is more than Zelda no matter what she does, so I'd say spamming is a pretty good strategy.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hey there now pal, megaman takes quite a bit of skill to main (properly). Spamming stuff with megaman is gonna make you lose anyways 7/10 times. I know from experience.
trust it's the GOOD Megamen that cause salt
the spammers are EZ

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
ya only 2 characters are viable
the one you can't punish and the one that has kill set ups at any % :yeahboi:
I'd like to say no more patches, but there are too many irrelevant characters in a roster of 50+
When's the last time you've seen a :4duckhunt::4robinm::4samus::4bowserjr::4littlemac: in tournament, I think it's been months for me.
game will evolve anyways, it's not like they are removing tech again. Last thing they removed was like :4link::4fox: jab locks prob just to see link main's cry. Patches can slow down though, Fighting games almost never see patches this often. We are getting them at the consistency of a shooter which is like one step away from a moba
Actually, Nairo used Robin just recently at KTAR, and another guy used Mac and took 2nd place at NVM DropZone. Both are recent tourneys. What shocks me the most are the Robin waifufegs that are making the character look much better than in theory. There's actually a lot of regions in America that have a Robin player in their PR, but that's deviating away from the core point. Despite the huge ZSS and Ryu influx, there is still a large character variety, but this would soon change IMO should patches be ceased.

For sure patches will probably slow down after this upcoming one (as they have already been slowing down). But since the DevTeam may be assumed to not undergo further game development after the 15th, this may include patches. We shall wait and see I guess.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I wonder if the final balance changes will just be minor things or if they'll give the bottom tiers massive buffs and the top tiers moderate nerfs.

Regardless, this will be the final prayer circle...
As for characters I'm still wanting Wolf in and secretly hoping Midna will somehow get in (even though it probably won't happen cri).
I really, really wish I could like this more than once.

Anyway, I'll be sitting in a corner in my prayer circle for the next week praying for Wolf to show up. Maybe offer a few sacrifices in the process too.

It's only a matter of time...

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Can someone link the video to that one Palutena match where the commentators were talking about how seaweed hair fish gorl was using her high doses of mercury to destroy her opponents? Pls thank

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
you sure you don't mean the adventures of robin hood?
Spaceballs is hilarious, but also terrible. The kind of thing I laugh at, but I know the joke is just bad.
No, there's a film by Mel Brooks called Robin Hood: Men in Tights. I'd link you the musical scene from the film. But due to the horrendous quality I found of it on YouTube. Have a fourth-wall breaking scene from it.

No comment on the final Smash direct announcement? Guess none of us really care enough to be inside the Zelda buff prayer circle :secretkpop:

Now having this be the last Smash related announcement has some implications. Will this indeed be the last Smash related content released to the game? Will this mean... NO MORE BALANCE PATCHES AFTER THIS AS WELL!?

If they actually stop doing balance patches I would actually be very happy. It pushes the metagame forward. This is stuff we are given, so these are the tools we will use from now till the end. No longer will we have noobs cry over characters and want to hold onto daddy Sakurai's hand for help. It's time to adapt and move on to the big leagues. And we can finally start weeding out only the best of the best, and FINALLY start invalidating characters in the metagame instead of saying that all 50+ characters are viable.

Of course, we might just have balance patches anyway and the game will always change sigh
Didn't hear about this earlier. Since we were all discussing films. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
The fact that we saw DR. MARIO (I mean I know he's solid low and not trash but like) at MLG LOSERS FINALS as a serious counterpick is definitely hope for diversity in this game's meta

Reminder that an entire cast of 56+ chars being solo viable is impossible, so secondary viable/viable counterpick is honestly the best way to balance out the perceived weaker chars.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Another fantastic comedy is Young Frankenstein Gene Wilder is an incredible actor.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Actually, Nairo used Robin just recently at KTAR, and another guy used Mac and took 2nd place at NVM DropZone. Both are recent tourneys. What shocks me the most are the Robin waifufegs that are making the character look much better than in theory. There's actually a lot of regions in America that have a Robin player in their PR, but that's deviating away from the core point. Despite the huge ZSS and Ryu influx, there is still a large character variety, but this would soon change IMO should patches be ceased.

For sure patches will probably slow down after this upcoming one (as they have already been slowing down). But since the DevTeam may be assumed to not undergo further game development after the 15th, this may include patches. We shall wait and see I guess.
I think a balance patch every 6 months would be a decent pace even if it is faster then other fighting games.
solo viable is impossible
:4sheik::4zss:. I'm sure that's not what you meant

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good comedies:
For cop satires check out 'The Naked Gun' and 'The Naked Gun 2 and a Half'. Don't let the names fool you, they're PG13 Leslie Nealson comedies and not dirty movies, lol. Very Airplane esk humor.
Similarly the 'Scary Movie' series (rated R) are goofy satires of horror movies. 'Super Hero Movie' and 'Spanish Movie' are other L Nealson satires of those types.

Mel Brooks comedies like Blazing Satles, Spaceballs, Robinhood: Men in Tights, are goofy fun.

For dark Comedies try: Zoolander, Drowning Mona, The Ref.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Yes, I am. If you have any recommendations, do tell.
My fam's fav comedies in no order are:
The Last Holiday bcuz da Queen
Bringing Down The House ^^^^
Bridesmaids
Spy cuz McCarthy pls
Madea: Diary of a Mad Black Woman
Anything with Leslie Nielson or Gene Wilder
The Addams Family 1-2 (morbid wit meets slapstick)
Me, Myself, and Irene
GET SHREKED (Shrek 1-2 were super adorbs)
Does Tangled count?

My fav movies atm:
Roman Holiday
Bridesmaids
Casablanca
A Year Without Santa
Norbit (so bad and racist - it's astounding)

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Here are the translations from the Legends Famitsu Scans:
My Fairy
My Fairy is one of the new features of Hyrule Warriors Legends. In Adventure Mode, you can find some fairies by examining pots, and befriend them. Doing so allows you to take one with you as a “My Fairy”, and it will help you during battle with its powers. Famitsu specifies that you can only bring one fairy with you, and recommends you take one based on the element attribute of the map (so you can get an advantage, which is something you’re already supposed to do with your weapons and characters).

What’s more, we learn that you can “customise” fairies, in order to have them suit your playstyle as much as possible. When playing Adventure Mode, you will find some food for your fairies (such as Lon Lon Milk or Magic Beans): give it to them in order to change their personalities. Apparently, the higher the difficulty, the more effective the food becomes (with better effects).

After a while and enough feeding, your fairies will level up, and they will be able to learn new skills. One of the screenshots in the scans below shows a fairy with 3 skills rented from friends, and one skill from the player (which implies that each fairy can only have up to 4 skills at a time).

But that’s not all: you can also give some clothes to your fairies, in order to change their look. Unsurprisingly, there will be special costumes based on characters from The Legend of Zelda series (such as Zelda or Fi). Unfortunately, Famitsu doesn’t say how you get them (maybe by fighting alongside the character the costume is based on?). There will also be a Famitsu costume, available exclusively via the magazine (more details to be revealed at a later date).

Here’s some of the facilities where you can take care of your fairies:

• Dining Room: that’s where you go to feed them;
  • Salon: that’s where you go to change their clothes;
  • School: that’s where you go to change their rental skills;
  • Party: you can exchange skills with other players via local wireless. You can then rent them at any time.
Adventure Mode
As revealed on Tuesday, Adventure Mode gets a new map in Hyrule Warriors Legends: the Great Sea, from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. If you complete the various missions on this map, you will get costumes for returning and new characters (you can see them in the scans below!), and various other treasures.

Here’s the list of items available in the Great Sea map, and which are useable on the map itself (similar to the compass in the regular maps):

• Wind Waker: removes Wind Walls, so you can pass through them.
  • Salvage Arm: you can use it to unlock new rewards.
  • Sea Map: when you use it, a Fishman appears and draws enemy locations on map (which unlocks new battles).
  • Cannon: destroys enemy ships, which removes disadvantageous rules from the battle.
  • Hero’s Bow: allows you to get rid of whirlpools, in order to remove disadvantageous rules from the battle.
  • Boomerang: you can use it to defeat Big Octos, in order to remove disadvantageous rules from the battle.
  • Hyoi Pear: just like in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, you can use it to lure seagulls. They will discover hidden treasures for you, which unlocks new rewards.
  • Power Bracelets: you can move Stone Heads with those, in order to unlock new battles.
  • Hammer: you can hit switches with it, in order to unlock new battles.
  • Deku Leaf: you can use it on a windmill in order to reveal hidden staircases, in order to unlock new rewards.
Also, Famitsu reveals that just like the extra characters, the DLC maps for the Adventure Mode of Hyrule Warriors (on Wii U) will be available from the get go in Hyrule Warriors Legends. In other words: you will not have to buy and/or unlock them again. Obviously, you will not be able to transfer them back to the Wii U version. Unfortunately, the magazine doesn’t say whether the new Adventure Map can be transfered or not, like the new characters and weapons.

Finally, we learn that Network Links have been replaced by StreetPass Links in Hyrule Warriors Legends. However, it looks like they work the same way: when you get one from another player, they will appear in one of the maps. If you help them, you will get some juicy rewards.
My Fairy certainly sounds interesting, and I'm glad they're bringing back Network Links (Now Streetpass Links, hopefully they'll work properly this time :O )

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Oh god at 2016 VGC rules. Mega Rayquaza is legal?
Whu cares when I have Gastrodon on my team being the troll he is?
Example: I was battling a random Darkrai on Battle Spot or whatever idk who it was but Gastrodon was being the troll master he usually is.
Started with Dark Void. It missed.
Second turn he used Dark Void again. It hit. Lum Berry cures my sleep.
Third turn he decided to go for Dark Pulse. It does a WHOLE 10 DAMAGE! AND IT WAS A CRITICAL HIT!
ban•gastrodon
Oh and then he spammed Rock Slide on another Pokémon later and it never hit. lolololololol

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I get sad when we get new gorls in the Zelda Player Finder and then never hear from them again. Why don't they come join us in our sassT filled adventures instead of leaving us for their secret double life? Repping the Queen is more important than all else, gosh. :251:

Also, I hope it's not the last balance patch (we'll probably get a couple more for whenever the ballot characters are released), but I do hope we don't get another for a while and then get a big one that adresses the main problems that still exist for each character. I'm glad they haven't nerfed anyone too hard really except :4diddy: (who actually needed some of it). Praying for Zelda and Cloud's viability.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Who cares about Gastrodon when you have the bae right here?
<---------
Bcuz ur bæ is as gud as Pale Tuna. Ur weak tu grass, electric, dark, ghost, and bug. Like lol okay having a ton of weaknesses is what you want in a tank.
While teh tru bæ Gastrodon is only weak tu grass and he sucks in all da water bcuz of Storm Drain.
:secretkpop:

D

Deleted member

Now that we're getting this one final Smash announcement/direct/thing, the things I'm really hoping for are Jigglybuffs and Daisy being added.

If neither is included...

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
But isn't Mega Rayquaza easy to deal with? Just click Ice Beam, its dead. :secretkpop:
Yep, easy as bringing a team of Focus Sash Froslass. Smogon's just a bunch of babies and lack the innovation power to beat the things they ban :secretkpop:

Mega Rayquaza fits just fine...just fine...just fine...

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Yep, easy as bringing a team of Focus Sash Froslass. Smogon's just a bunch of babies and lack the innovation power to beat the things they ban :secretkpop:

Mega Rayquaza fits just fine...just fine...just fine...
I suddenly remember it's ability which removes all of its weaknesses from it's Flying Counterpart. So best get that Cloud Nine Pokemon. Or get out Primal-Groudon/Kyogre. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Anyone wanna play?~ :happysheep:

My Dark Pit and Jigglypuff needs to be buffed from meh tier to somewhat decent tier

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
But isn't Mega Rayquaza easy to deal with? Just click Ice Beam, its dead. :secretkpop:
Mega Rayquaza's ability makes it so it's only 2X weak to ice and it's so bulky it won't even care

EDIT: I should learn to read all the way to the bottom of the page

Last edited:
Top Bottom