• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
The courses were pretty fun. Media & Digital Arts, all we did was mostly artsy stuff. Games Development for the first year, for some reason we watched movies for one class and tried 3D Modelling. I was not happy with 3D Modelling, I'd rather have done sprite-based art or 2D Side-scrollers. And what made it worse, was we had to do a generic FPS for our 2nd year of the Games Development Course. So, I told the group that the course isn't for me, but I also said I was not going to drop out, because if I did, it'd be a waste of a qualification and money. So for my 4th year, I did Art & Design, which was really fun. Since I had more freedom and less written work to do.

And I tried the current VGC meta, it's dumb. Really dumb. :V
And I remember why Showdown! is absolute trash. Inaccurate, most people ignore you, and those with egos too. And let's not forget how Smogon has corrupted them too. :secretkpop:
I wish my college was like that. I'm a Digital Design major and all of the cool classes like those come around the 3rd year. This first semester the only class really related to my major was this annoying Color and Composition class. We were kind of just thrown in there and didn't know what to expect and the deadlines for assignments were super tight. That class was hell -_-. I'm going to be studying super hard for my final on Tuesday (yeah, same day as the Direct). I'm still hanging in there for the character modeling and game development courses in those later years though.

And yeah, that attitudes on Showdown! can be really bad, though occasionally you find nice people that just want to have fun or have a good battle. Smogon isn't so bad, but I won't deny that the ego/elitism stereotype can be kind of true for some players/users.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So I had a dream last night where I met BJN in real life. It turns out that he acts AND looks exactly like my best friend Ryan. So BJN answer me:

1. Why didn't you tell me you lived so close?
2. Why didn't you tell me you were my best friend Ryan?
3. You wanna play League tonight in your dorm?

No wait, you have finals to study for, my bad.
1. hi
2. Because I'm going to collect two social security checks as two different people
3. The final is today.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
my Major is English but that wasn't today's exam.

No, today's exam was a sick joke. I'm not very happy with it unfortunately, verily verily upset! I'll wash the taste out by destroying my next one and doing so well I'll forget this one existed.
Whatever it is at least you don't have to memorize things like push down automata or turing machines in their entirety
example "code" of turing machine

(1, 0, 2, 1, R)
(1, 1, 1, 0, L)
(1, 0, 0, 1, S)
(2, 1, 2, 1, R)
(2, 0, 2, 0, L)

example series of push down automata

discrete structures can **** off
Reading frame data/coding and debuging are way easier then this ****. Although assembly languages are pretty much this level of stupid as well

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
In other news, the latest Melee tier list got released.

SASS :zeldamelee:
SS :foxmelee:
S :falcomelee: :marthmelee: :sheikmelee:

High
A :jigglypuffmelee::peachmelee:
B :icsmelee::falconmelee:
High Mid
C :pikachumelee::samusmelee:
Mid
D :drmario::yoshimelee::luigimelee:
Low Mid
E :ganondorfmelee::mariomelee::younglinkmelee::dkmelee::linkmelee:
Low
F :gawmelee::roymelee::mewtwomelee::zeldamelee::nessmelee:
Bottom
G:pichumelee: :bowsermelee::kirbymelee:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I have 4 more finals in a span of one week starting tonight.

But instead I have already put $20 on the line on my next tournament in MMs. $15 are using my actual main :4zss: tbh secretkpop time to win some ez$$ :secretkpop:

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Instead of studying for my ochem final exam worth 65% of my grade, I'm procrastinating and rewatching our Zelda social compilation video. Seeing it many months later, I'm 100% sure @S.F.L.R_9 had the best parts in this vid gorl defz stole the show with ha sassT :secretkpop:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Instead of studying for my ochem final exam worth 65% of my grade, I'm procrastinating and rewatching our Zelda social compilation video. Seeing it many months later, I'm 100% sure @S.F.L.R_9 had the best parts in this vid gorl defz stole the show with ha sassT :secretkpop:
Didn't you say you liked that one Shulk combo of mine though? :secretkpop:

Also, I'm actually getting the hang of A-Landing with Bowser's FAir, but I'm still messing up now and then.

Also, page steal! <3

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
A-Landing with Greninja sounds handy. F-Air has a 12 frame window for it and Greninja falls really fast so it's pretty easy to time.

It's definitely something that I'll keep in mind for mix-ups now that I'm aware of it.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Seems like I'm hindered by this a lot due to Lucina's only options for A-Landing being BAir/UAir/DAir. All with 1-2 frames of AC Frames.
I thought Nair acted like Zeldoo's if fast falled?

A-Landing with Greninja sounds handy. F-Air has a 12 frame window for it and Greninja falls really fast so it's pretty easy to time.

It's definitely something that I'll keep in mind for mix-ups now that I'm aware of it.
I wouldn't say it's for mix-ups, since you should be performing them consistently. It's basically L-Canceling. The chances of somebody falling for it more than once is very unlikely.

Unless they're too slow to react/move away. :4zelda:

I wouldn't say it's for mix-ups, since you should be performing them consistently. It's basically L-Canceling. The chances of somebody falling for it more than once is very unlikely.
You don't hit anything with A-landing. It's just a way to recover from tumble that gives you all of your offensive/defensive options :^)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I thought Nair acted like Zeldoo's if fast falled?

Unless they're too slow to react/move away. :4zelda:
Judging from the Auto Frames I've looked on Kuroganehammer. Lucina's NAir has no AC frames at the start, I think. I could be wrong and just need to do further investigating by trying to do NAir as close to the ground as possible.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
no like A-landing (my b) utilizes the auto-cancel frames before the hitbox
Welp, looks like Shulk's screwed. None of his aerials have auto-cancel windows before X frames and only after. He'll be forced to air dodge which if he messes up... 22 frames of landing lag.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp, looks like Shulk's screwed. None of his aerials have auto-cancel windows before X frames and only after. He'll be forced to air dodge which if he messes up... 22 frames of landing lag.
That really does hurt him, seems like he'll have to run away when in a tumble, or try his luck with MALLC.

Funny that Bowser actually now has a few landing options now thanks to A-Landing. Although I dunno if this'll help him a lot.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That really does hurt him, seems like he'll have to run away when in a tumble, or try his luck with MALLC.

Funny that Bowser actually now has a few landing options now thanks to A-Landing. Although I dunno if this'll help him a lot.
Yeah, Shulk not having good auto-cancel windows and, in general, landing lag being high despite some of them never going to happen - I'm looking at you Fox Bair - is hurting Shulk and the rest. Then you have some characters with good auto-cancel windows and/or landing lag like Captain Falcon, Sheik, and ZSS and wonder why they get to have sub-10 landing lag while everyone else averages 15.

With how auto-cancel works and with how there are frame 1 landing hits, Fox, Mario, and Pikachu come to mind as characters who will abuse the hell out of those properties - might not be the right word. Fox being able to auto-cancel whenever with Bair and Dair's landing hit setting up Up Smash means Fox really doesn't give a crap and the shield and hit lag on shield interaction changes with the previous 2 patches means Pikachu's Dair is safe on shield and there's also a landing hit for him to just cheese you. And then there's Sheik. :p

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
You don't get landing hits unless you get landing lag. If the move autocancels the landing hit doesn't happen.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You don't get landing hits unless you get landing lag. If the move autocancels the landing hit doesn't happen.
I know, I'm just saying that those characters have wacky ways to abuse their moves to land.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Shulk kind of has a pseudo a-cancel with his nair.
Just do nair before landing after using another move in the air and you'll get nair's landing lag which is barely noticeable.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm wondering what would happen if nobody could auto-cancel any of their aerials, but in turn all aerials have significantly lower landing lag. So, no matter what, Falco, Fox, Mario, Ryu, Samus, Sheik, ZSS, etc. would have 5 frames of landing lag for their Bair. Aerials with landing hits, that are spikes, or have something crazy about them would have higher landing lag, but still comparably lower landing lag than now like Zelda's Fair and Bair would have say, 14 frames of landing lag or Pikachu's Dair having 18 frames to the current 40 or Shulk having at most 14 frames on Dair instead of 25 and having 8 frames on Nair instead of 12. Some moves might have to be altered a bit like Ganondorf should have say 10 frames of landing lag on Fair, instead it might have to have a landing hit put in to "lengthen" the landing lag to say, 13 which is still better than the current 23, but would be worse than the rest having around 6 or less frames of landing lag.

I want to see this insanity unfold. :p

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've just started to try and make a new level in Mario Maker. With Mario going from station to station to board different trains. :V

Also, what kind of buffs do you all hope to see from Cloud's 1.1.3 patch?

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I feel like the next set of Zeldas are being chosen. I wonder who's going to be me? or am I still me since I'm still young. Who's Ed. HMMHMHMHMHM
I'm pretty sure you'll stay in place as King Queen Zelda Main. After that it'll probably be Zylach, MaXXXy, and then after that I have no clue. I can go ahead and tell you all that I'll probably just remain a gorl in the shadows until/unless I start going to tournaments again, but that probably won't be for several more months. Oh yeah, and happy birthday, you're the real MVZ (Most Valuable Zelda)!
Anyone up for a couple rounds?
I'll perhaps join you if either you or EODM07 EODM07 leave and still want to play, or if you wanted to do rotations.

Happy Birthday to you too Flavius Flavius !

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The more I look at this image, the more I wish it actually hit.
Watching the 12/8/15 set of Pink Fresh's Lucas vs. Boss's Luigi and considering Lucas's Down Smash is similar... Well, just watch what happens: https://youtu.be/3nwjSo-vdVs?t=83. I want to know if his Down Smash hits lower than Mewtwo or if it was just a issue with Super Jump Punch enlarging Luigi's hurtbox or clipping it through the stage. The sizes of the second hitbox of Mewtwo and the first hitbox of Lucas similar; 8.7 for Mewtwo and 8.0 for Lucas. For the other hitboxes, Mewtwo's first hitbox has a size of 4.0 and Lucas's second hitbox has a size of 9.8 and the third hitbox has a size of 12.0. Coordinate-wise, Mewtwo's at, in x, y, z, (0, 3.5, and 13.7) for both hitboxes to Lucas's (0, 2.5, 8.0), (3.3, 2.5, 8.5), and (5.6, 2.5, 8.0). Sometimes, this is weird since I don't think you can directly compare "sizes" with different characters.

Main thing is that the damage increase was from 96% to 108% which is a 12% difference which looked like Pink Fresh charged it just a bit, so it's probably the size 12.0 third hitbox. If you have time or anyone else, could you please look into this? I don't even play or own Lucas, but I'd like to know... FOR SCIENCE! :p

Data dumps: Lucas: http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/mastercore3/dump/160/lucas and Mewtwo: http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/mastercore3/dump/160/mewtwo.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The hitboxes aren't tied to bones so you can just go straight off the numbers, and going off the size and Y values alone even the first hit of Lucas' dsmash hits lower than Mewtwo's.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hmm, if Mewtwo's can hit tall characters like Bowser, Ganondorf, and Rosalina with the other characters in different idle animations, so Charizard, DK, and Triple D, I wonder if Lucas's could reach down lower than Captain Falcon's height. Basically, I'd like a ballpark to compare. The fact it reaches down and that some characters like Captain Falcon, Little Mac, and Ganondorf have hurtboxes exposed or clipping through ledges for their Up Specials means a world of hurt if you mess up sweet-spotting the ledge.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
GGs EODM07 EODM07 . Those matches were awesome. You've improved incredibly since the last time we fought. Keep up the awesome work man.
I wish I could say the same. I did okay against Roy. Since I did make some mistakes.

Ike on the otherhand...

I seriously know NOTHING on how to beat him, it really pisses me off. :c
And it's making me dislike him even more.

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
I wish I could say the same. I did okay against Roy. Since I did make some mistakes.

Ike on the otherhand...

I seriously know NOTHING on how to beat him, it really pisses me off. :c
And it's making me dislike him even more.
You got fairly close a couple times. It's not like I absolutely steam-rolled you every match we fought lol. I'm sure once you get more experience you'll have it down easy.

Top Bottom