• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Went out with my Dad to the opticians so he could get his pair of glasses fixed. And we saw something hilarious.

Someone parked their car in the middle of the road, and just left it there. It wasn't even in a parking spot.

And I've uploaded one of the few matches I had against Rinku リンク Rinku リンク . I'd upload one against his Ike, but I didn't really save any that were less than 3 minutes, and I'm not too happy with how I did against Ike.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
True. I'll have to get over that negativity from losing to a certain character.
Like I said before, all of the matches were fairly close. Even the ones where I did "steam-roll" you should still take a look and see what went wrong compared to the matches were we both ended on our last stocks.

One tip I can give you however is to not use counter often against :4myfriends: (especially mine). A good Ike player will take note of that and read your counter and you'll end up taking a fully charged F-smash/Eruption to the face (and it's gonna hurt :4dk:)

Personally if the player isn't playing a character that's brain dead like :4sheik::4mario::4falcon:I have a fair amount of respect for them regardless of victory or defeat.
Whenever I lose to characters like :4zelda::4palutena::4robinf:I honestly can't be mad because it takes skill and hard-work to play them at a competitive level.

Every loss I get I ALWAYS analyze and look back to see what I could have done to win. There will be times where there was nothing I could have done and I was simply outplayed. If you can manage to accept this you'll improve tremendously as a player in no time.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I know Mario is a very simple character but I don't think anybody's "braindead" in this game. I tend to joke about it, but...yeah.

Sorry, reading that kind of hit my vein, I don't like to call characters like that. I think a fair amount of respect should be applied to like, any character beating you in this game. There's not a lot of gimmicks, really, winning in this game usually requires outplaying unless you run into that rare TRULY TERRIBLE matchup.

But yes, upload replays where you lost/struggled if you save a lot. It's good to go back and rip yourself apart, correct that stuff later and whatnot.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
I know Mario is a very simple character but I don't think anybody's "braindead" in this game. I tend to joke about it, but...yeah.
I agree with you 100%. I am just personally not a fan of characters like :4mario:(mainly because of the way FG players play him). I do have respect for people who do play him correctly though like Ally. I apologize for my wording as I didn't mean to offend anyone personally.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I get mad if I lose to :4palutena: because it means I was being stupid and trying to challenge her bair

even though I know it's invincible

and even though I know I should just wait

and even though I definitely told myself to stop trying to challenge it and wait or shield whenever she shorthops after getting hit by it the first time

but I keep running into it or trying to beat it out anyway because I'm bad

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'm more or less not a big fan of :4sheik::rosalina:

Since I just feel like Sheik is kind of oversaturating atm. Although I'm most likely wrong, since sure there are a lot of Sheiks, but they aren't at the level of oversaturation of Wesker back in UMvC3 when FRXV was around.

Rosalina is mainly because I feel like she's almost impossible to get through because of Luma and those disjoints. Since she beats out most of the stuff I throw out.

I just need to focus more on punishing them it seems. And I need to be shielding more in my opinion. Since I seem to hardly shielding after a dash.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Largest drop ever in a tier list in Melee: :zeldamelee: -8
Largest drop ever in a tier in Brawl: :zelda: -9
Largest drop in tier placing in the current Melee tier list: :zeldamelee: -3

Coincidence? I think not.:secretkpop:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Personally if the player isn't playing a character that's brain dead like :4sheik:
Lmao

Sheik is one of the most difficult and technical characters in the game. I'll never understand how she earned this stigma of being "brain dead" (maybe from FG?), but playing a good Sheik requires a lot of tech skill and patience.

Just because a character is good, it doesn't mean that that character is brain dead.

Inversely, bad characters are not harder to play. In fact, most of them are probably easier to play because they only have like a few good aspects and you have to abuse those.

There's a reason that many good players (our very own Aero included) drop Sheik for other characters because she's so difficult to win with at higher levels.

Sheik is harder to play than Link :secretkpop:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Inversely, bad characters are not harder to play. In fact, most of them are probably easier to play because they only have like a few good aspects and you have to abuse those.
:4samus:
:4samus::4samus::4samus::4samus::4samus::4samus::4samus::4samus::4samus::4samus::4samus::4samus::4samus::4samus::4samus::4samus::4samus::4samus::4samus:
10/10 difficulty my ***

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Lmao

Sheik is one of the most difficult and technical characters in the game. I'll never understand how she earned this stigma of being "brain dead" (maybe from FG?), but playing a good Sheik requires a lot of tech skill and patience.

Just because a character is good, it doesn't mean that that character is brain dead.

There's a reason that many good players (our very own Aero included) drop Sheik for other characters because she's so difficult to win with at higher levels.

Sheik is harder to play than Link :secretkpop:
they look at sheik and they're all like "OMG she's just f-air and needles" even though those are literally the tip of the iceberg with her

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Zelda is the hardest to play. It's difficult because you vomit every time you see her run animation.
Nah, I think that award goes to Cloud and Falco... Egh... One of them had a cool run in Dissidia and the remake of FFVII, but now glides for pretty much no reason since even if that's how he got around in FFVII, it was kind of like a one-time, dash in to attack rather than glide the hell in deal while the other looks really out of place - pilot =/= ninja. And then you lose games while laughing at Ganondorf's jog and Wario's Looney Tunes-esque tough guy run and cry while watching how slowly Robin runs.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Idk why we still use Fahrenheit. We're trying to be special snowflakes I guess.

It's 64*F where I am and I can't remember the last time we got snow. ;-;

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
We have pictures and quotes of the day, but no videos? I-I'll fix t-that!
The last one is an important and deep message. RIP MR DASH GREB.

I still tend to apply brain dead to extremely safe characters or those that are spoonfed combos. Take that as you will. But we all have similar thoughts when someone brings up that term. lol

"Mario is borderline easy to pickup bcuz entry lvl char! [O] cooooorrect!

"Mario is brain dead 2ez!" [X] one more wrong answer and you lose! Think carefully~

"Mario is OP! BAN•MAREYO!" [X] ... ... . . . . . .

R u srs m8? Just get out. Next contestant pls.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
GGs Macchiato Macchiato

That last fight was purely to see your Zelda go on the offensive. lol

Anyway, that was pretty different from what I normally see or fight. I think you helped improve my WFT too. Your Zelda is like a brick wall tho.

Last edited:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
How do you find recent players you play on For Glory?

I just met a troll and I think it's time to leave him a message.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
How do you find recent players you play on For Glory?

I just met a troll and I think it's time to leave him a message.
Friend List > Recently Played With
I like leaving people messages a lot :p

Top Bottom