• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So gorls, what kinda high tier is good without feeling TOO grimy? Bonus points for coolness~ So far my roster is Zelderp, Peesh, We Fert Traynur... I wanna be good with Loserina, but I just can't. :C

Friend List > Recently Played With
I like leaving people messages a lot :p
How do you find recent players you play on For Glory?

I just met a troll and I think it's time to leave him a message.
N-no, gorls! Think of the unhealthy salt levels! It's bad for your beaty chest thingie.

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Meanwhile melee is beating FF VII in that gamefaqs contest that the game that makes me cringe undertale keeps getting rally support for.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
So gorls, what kinda high tier is good without feeling TOO grimy? Bonus points for coolness~ So far my roster is Zelderp, Peesh, We Fert Traynur... I wanna be good with Loserina, but I just can't. :C

N-no, gorls! Think of the unhealthy salt levels! It's bad for your beaty chest thingie.
Ryu but he's REALLYYY hard. Diddy Kong is also pretty honest now actually, you have to learn genuine banana item play to succeed so that may be a fun endeavor for you.

ROB is also interesting, uhhh...Wario I suppose works as well. I don't know what makes you feel GRIMY but I'll throw Mario out there anyways, he's always a stock choice.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Ryu but he's REALLYYY hard. Diddy Kong is also pretty honest now actually, you have to learn genuine banana item play to succeed so that may be a fun endeavor for you.

ROB is also interesting, uhhh...Wario I suppose works as well. I don't know what makes you feel GRIMY but I'll throw Mario out there anyways, he's always a stock choice.
Overused or incredibly safe/easy makes me feel grimy. *wipes Rosylurda and Forkz grime off of hands... ... IF I HAD THEM*

ROB was too campy and Ryu needs special inputs to make his moves FULL powered... Ryu is so awesome tho. I may put in the work. Wario is funny and Mario is eeeeeehwhat. I'll go on many dates like a super playa plaaaay. *sunglasses'd*

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Overused or incredibly safe/easy makes me feel grimy. *wipes Rosylurda and Forkz grime off of hands*

ROB was too campy and Ryu needs special inputs to make his moves great.. Ryu is so awesome tho. I may put in the work.
Hmm...if you want that really strong underused character I'd also say Greninja is just BEGGING for representation in the US as well.

So I'd say, Ryu or Gekkouga. Or Wario, he's not very common either.

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I've come to the conclusion that the Smash Bros boards on GameFAQs are one of the worst places on the internet. Here's what I just came across:
(Warning, it's bad)
The smash direct will be cancelled on December 15th and Nintendo will claim it has been moved to the 16th, But in reality when everyone in watching the republican presidential debate before it starts to everyone's surprise Reggie will say he has a special announcement regarding the 2015 republican debate and then cuts to a smash video!

First we see Ganondorf KOing opponents by throwing Bob ombs at Mario, then while Wario and Luigi are playing with a soccer ball a Blast box spawns out of thin air and Ganondorf down smashes the blast box KOing, Luigi, Wario and himself.

Then when Ganondorf is about to shoot Mario, Cloud, Lucina, Ike, Marth and Roy with a super scope Donald trump appears behind ganondorf glowing from getting a smash ball.

He uppercuts Ganondorf with Obama's birth certificate and then he beats up his opponent in the air similar to Ike's and Robins final smash. After he is done with his final smash he yells out Muslim banned sending his opponent off stage.

After that ganondorf barely was KOed but he was able to grab the ledge. Donald trump goes over to the ledge and grabs it saying GET TRUMPED! and then he dairs ganondorf.

Then the trailer is over cutting to Sakurai saying trump won the smash ballot and he will not be making any more DLC.
I have no words. :138:

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
"He uppercuts Ganondorf with Obama's birth certificate" is a pretty good phrase, in fairness.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Gorls. Where's the prayer circle?

Have we given up trying to BAN•ZELDA? :secretkpop:

4 more days until the announcement. Which may or may not include a patch.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I get mad if I lose to :4palutena: because it means I was being stupid and trying to challenge her bair

even though I know it's invincible

and even though I know I should just wait

and even though I definitely told myself to stop trying to challenge it and wait or shield whenever she shorthops after getting hit by it the first time

but I keep running into it or trying to beat it out anyway because I'm bad
Alright gurl

I want you to take a mental note of the maximum ranges that one can get with Palutena from a standing position (which is most likely Dashing SH Fair). Burn this shape into your memory.
Every time you play against a Palu ask yourself: are you in a position that is just outside Palu's Fair. If the answer is yes, then you are in a position that you could react to any options that she has.
If the answer is no, your aim then should be repositioning yourself.

The reason I said Fair as opposed to Bair is because Fair outranges Bair & the space Bair covers, Fair covers that plus more. If she does go for the Bair you will have even more time to react to the space/shape.
It is impossible to react to Palu's SH since it's so short, but you can react to the space where it does become a threat.

From the greatest blog of all time:

"a) Because you know the range that enables a given move you can actively deny the move by denying the range.
b) Because you know the range that enables a given move you can actively bait the move with the intention to whiff punish by flirting with that range.
c) Because you know the range that enables a given move you can actively confirm an aggressive poke for yourself by confirming the range.
d) Because you know the range that enables a given move you can use tempo to make an aggressive poke safe via their character’s state."

When he means tempo: "Tempo is a concept describing the rhythmic state of the characters. ANY GIVEN ACTION HAS A DURATION. You want to be moving in such a way that when you arrive at your positional opportunity you also have the tempo necessary to safely commit to your intended punish."

It's 3am, I'm gonna copy & paste all I want mother****ers

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I'm going to do so badly at the tournament next week since I can't even focus on anything other than Undertale right now.

I'm hoping I can get out of this phase soon lol.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Alright gurl

I want you to take a mental note of the maximum ranges that one can get with Palutena from a standing position (which is most likely Dashing SH Fair). Burn this shape into your memory.
Every time you play against a Palu ask yourself: are you in a position that is just outside Palu's Fair. If the answer is yes, then you are in a position that you could react to any options that she has.
If the answer is no, your aim then should be repositioning yourself.

The reason I said Fair as opposed to Bair is because Fair outranges Bair & the space Bair covers, Fair covers that plus more. If she does go for the Bair you will have even more time to react to the space/shape.
It is impossible to react to Palu's SH since it's so short, but you can react to the space where it does become a threat.

From the greatest blog of all time:

"a) Because you know the range that enables a given move you can actively deny the move by denying the range.
b) Because you know the range that enables a given move you can actively bait the move with the intention to whiff punish by flirting with that range.
c) Because you know the range that enables a given move you can actively confirm an aggressive poke for yourself by confirming the range.
d) Because you know the range that enables a given move you can use tempo to make an aggressive poke safe via their character’s state."

When he means tempo: "Tempo is a concept describing the rhythmic state of the characters. ANY GIVEN ACTION HAS A DURATION. You want to be moving in such a way that when you arrive at your positional opportunity you also have the tempo necessary to safely commit to your intended punish."

It's 3am, I'm gonna copy & paste all I want mother****ers
I'm very familiar with her attack ranges, I tried to pick her up as a secondary a few times (end lag + questionable kill setups are too much for me though) and spent a good deal of lab time with her.

My problem's harder to explain, I guess. Like...I'll identify threats and patterns and consciously think about them, but then...not actually do the things I'm thinking? A good example would be the last time I played (which I think was like 3 weeks ago if we don't count labbing), I got matched against this decent-but-predictable G&W. The first time I tried to punish his landing with usmash he double jumped, and I said to myself "Alright, he probably likes double jumping for landing fakeouts. Just wait next time and punish him when he doesn't have his jump." Second landing trap situation, I follow him to scare him into burning his double jump, and when he falls into usmash range...I hit the usmash again even though I expected it to whiff, and sure enough he double jumps. "Okay, that was dumb, but that confirms he likes double jump. Just go for a uair immediately next time and catch his dj." Except no, I still usmashed the third time, and the fourth time, and the fifth time, and dropped the game with him at kill percent last stock because even though I caught on to a fatally punishable recovery habit and was focused on punishes for it I just completely failed to do the thing.

my hands are dumb lol

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Anyone want to play some Wii U matches?

Oh and I have that same problem with seeing habits but not actually....doing anything to counter it. It causes me to lose against a bunch of FG spammers. There was this one ZSS that would always Paralyzer>Flip Jump, with the occasional dash attack (and dash grab when the paralyzer hit). He would even Flip Jump over and over again in seemingly random patterns. I ended up getting hit by too many of them and losing. :c

I knew I probably should've Uair'd...or reflected the paralyzer shot....or sidestepped the Flip Jump kick...buuut I didn't because I'm dumb.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
GGs Koiba Koiba . You have a very nice Pittoo! And thanks for the Pikachu and Jiggs MU experience. I needed both of those pretty badly.

The freezes every few seconds towards the end were getting annoying though, lol.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
GGs Koiba Koiba . You have a very nice Pittoo! And thanks for the Pikachu and Jiggs MU experience. I needed both of those pretty badly.

The freezes every few seconds towards the end were getting annoying though, lol.
Ayy ggs to yew too~ :happysheep:

At the start my Pittoo was really meh though lol

At least I adjusted~

And your Zelda and Shiek are real good~ :happysheep:

I like the part where I wanted to try out Lylat with :4darkpit: but my stage never got chosen

And this happened for the next 15ish matches

And when it did get chosen it didn't even play my favourite track SMH

And I should be sleeping now~ :cheep:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Thinking of maybe trying out Kirby for a bit, since I kinda want to have an alternative option incase a certain MU does not go my way.

Also, not that long till the final Smash Direct. :yeahboi:

Also, for some reason. I've reached the highest thumbed up comment I've ever posted.
On an anime review of Berserk. :V

why.png

help

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:
Yea, still sick/ill. The tournament ran without a hitch, which was pretty good considering it's my first time being a TO. The winner was an Olimar main. Yes they exist. Don't have much else to say other than I went full BAN ZELDA over at SqB.

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU
Gorls. Where's the prayer circle?

Have we given up trying to BAN•ZELDA? :secretkpop:

4 more days until the announcement. Which may or may not include a patch.
It will backfire. We'll probably get more non-direct nerfs like the changes to shieldstun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom