• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Thinking of changing my username.

Anyone have any preferences or should I keep it the way it is?

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
To be honest, Zelda plays mostly the same.

Now if we punish a spot/air dodge or roll with UpSmash, it has some reward, but the move is still super situational because of its terrible range and end lag. It now has some use, but it's still not a good move; still a sub-par smash attack in my opinion.

I think n-air > FW needs to be explored more in actual matches against skilled opponents before we go around saying this is Zelda's saving grace. It is a situational KO set-up, and I'm not sure how reliable it will prove to be. Let's not repeat what happened when the game was first released: everyone was going on about how FW was so great and it was such a great KO move - then we learned it's fairly easy to escape the 2nd hit.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

Now if we punish a spot/air dodge or roll with UpSmash, it has some reward, but the move is still super situational because of its terrible range and end lag. It now has some use, but it's still not a good move; still a sub-par smash attack in my opinion.

I think n-air > FW needs to be explored more in actual matches against skilled opponents more before we go around saying this is Zelda's saving grace. It is a situational KO set-up, and I'm not sure how reliable it will prove to be. Let's not repeat what happened when the game was first released: everyone was going on about how FW was so great and it was such a great KO move - then we learned it's fairly easy to escape the 2nd hit.
The Nair>Farore's is really significant now since it's guaranteed at KO % so it's basically a hit confirm KO.

I can't wait to punish airdodges after dthrow with a falling Nair>stuff to be stylish. :awesome:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I managed to pull off failling nair > Farore's on a few actual people today and it really isn't that hard to do. It's easiest to pull off by punishing a missed move or whatever

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
The Nair>Farore's is really significant now since it's guaranteed at KO % so it's basically a hit confirm KO.

I can't wait to punish airdodges after dthrow with a falling Nair>stuff to be stylish. :awesome:
Is it really guaranteed though?

What about if they DI FW? Is it inescapable now (at least if performed from an n-air)?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Is it really guaranteed though?

What about if they DI FW? Is it inescapable now (at least if performed from an n-air)?
Well here's what D3RK posted.
Idk gorls... I may have to forgive Sakurai for taking away my beloved love boost.
You'd need to react pretty quickly.

EDIT: Wow it took away the gif

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Idk gorls... I may have to forgive Sakurai for taking away my beloved love boost.
Here it is. Sorry for the alerts D3rk lol.

EDIT: OH so NOW the gif decides to appear in the other post...I quit.
EDIT: It's gone again...help

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Someone please, within the next few days or so, test how DI-able n-air > FW is.

I don't want to get my hopes up and then have it crushed in a few months when people learn how to escape it :/

Matt ~

Smash Rookie
Hi!

I'm a Zelda main, along with Lucas and Toon Link. I've been lurking in the shadows. Hehe

Hope I get to meet some new people. c:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Hi!

I'm a Zelda main, along with Lucas and Toon Link. I've been lurking in the shadows. Hehe

Hope I get to meet some new people. c:
Welcome to the ~most popular~ character social! :bluejump:
------------
Well falling Nair>Elevator starts true comboing on WFT in training at exactly 94%. Dtilt and Dsmash work earlier since they come out slightly faster.

EDIT: So I increased the damage and....it stopped comboing?? What.

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

I think n-air > FW needs to be explored more in actual matches against skilled opponents more before we go around saying this is Zelda's saving grace. It is a situational KO set-up, and I'm not sure how reliable it will prove to be. Let's not repeat what happened when the game was first released: everyone was going on about how FW was so great and it was such a great KO move - then we learned it's fairly easy to escape the 2nd hit.
The Nair set-up is pretty flawed since it's unsafe on shield, doesn't have a lot of range, requires a jump-in (and Zelda is slow at jumping in) and sometimes the Nair hit tends to hit the opponent too high. It's not really her saving grace, I think she's still the worst character in the game. It's just nice to get an extra option, and to finally get some buffs, even if they're extremely minor.

A usuable aerial is also something she needs badly, so we're heading in the right direction. Who knows? Zelda might become a usuable character after a few thousand patches!

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Thinking of changing my username.

Anyone have any preferences or should I keep it the way it is?
Here's some guidelines for a great username:

Don't reference anything especially anime. No abbreviations, numbers, leetspeak, or unnecessary capital letters.

It should be a single word and not multiple or joined words. Tada! Your username isn't embarrassing!

Matt ~

Smash Rookie
As other people have said, it may not be very useful during a heated match. You're better off waiting for the right time to just FW. The things that Zelda got buffs on are situational

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Here's some guidelines for a great username:

Don't reference anything especially anime. No abbreviations, numbers, leetspeak, or unnecessary capital letters.

It should be a single word and not multiple or joined words. Tada! Your username isn't embarrassing!
So basically, the opposite of his current one.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
You shouldn't be SHFF Nairing people to fish for this. It'll just get blocked and punished. Rather, you should bait airdodges, or FF if you manage to catch someone with it in an aerial battle. I suppose you could also try a SHFF Nair on someone who spotdodges a lot.

If you don't think it'll land you can always dtilt/dsmash or run away. If you're feeling risky it can be used as a landing option. Not the best choice but it might surprise someone.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
You should also be able to actually... read out a username. No misspelled words and I guess not too long of a name either.

You have my respect if your username meets my requirements of a good username.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I hadn't been on the Zelda Social all day. Then as soon as I do it's a few seconds after Fuujin tags me in a post.

My Fuujin senses must have been tingling ;)

Estel Elessar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jack1995pilot
Went to my second Smash 4 tournament earlier. Won my first set and took a game off of one of the top players in my state. Pretty happy with it.

Now that Greninja's f-tilt is buffed I have to, you know, start using it.

It's hard lol.
That's like.... one of the only moves I understood how to use back when it wasn't really good. I tried out Greninja for 2 days. Still sucked in the end but f-tilt was something I've gotten used to

Cuz I play Shulk

Top Bottom