• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
What anime is this from? The girl looks familiar but that could be because a lot of animu girls look alike.

@ Ffamran Ffamran I like your comparison of Falco's frame data, I may do something similar for Game & Watch.
I thought Lavani was going to do Marth's at first when he mentioned about how Marth was changed and then there was the whole people saying Marth's number were changed and how so-and-so were nerfed. If I could find more of Falco's frame data for his Specials, especially his Blaster and then add in damage, there could be a detailed comparison since just looking at Falco's Blaster data for Melee and Brawl, there's this gap of what was reasonable and what was insane. A Blaster that fires on 10 frame in Brawl and it autocancels from frame 1-41?! Yeah, that's worse than frame 13 in the air with 16 frames in between shots that can autocancel the moment Falco lands. Should I mention that if there was data on the laser's velocity it would be more I guess, disgusting? I think Falco's lasers in Melee and SSB4 travel at similar speeds - maybe SSB4's is slower - while in Brawl it was fast, especially with the rate of fire. Then there's a comparison to see who's stronger at what move or hitbox comparison. Eh, it's probably not that big of a deal since this is like data candy instead of helping out at one specific game.

In a way, it shows that it wasn't the Falco wasn't nerfed and if it was, it was warranted like a frame 5 Dair that spike hard while some weren't warranted like Blaster being slow as sin or Dash Attack having double the frame start up, 8, instead of 4 which while fast, could have just been bumped up to 5 or 6 if it was that bad. Isn't Fox's Dash Attack frame 4 in this game? Either 4 or 5 and it's not that bad. What is Little Mac's Dash Attack? I think it's his dash speed that makes it seem really fast. Anyway, it was more of how the game functions rather than the character itself. Also, imagine a frame 6 Fair. Yeah, Falco would have an amazing Fair which is already amazing as is despite having 12 frames of start up. It connects unlike in Brawl, it gimps, it kills, and it combos. Now, make it a move that hits at half the start up.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Well sh*T

I realized I hit 1000 posts 76 posts ago. I didn't even notice back then, haha.

Is this something people celebrate? Should I celebrate? I could celebrate. PARTY AT MY PLACE

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
HAHA omg I honestly just use that face because it has a sarcastic psychopathic, almost perverted look to it but you just made it 10 times better.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Went onto VGBC twitch profile to check their first customs tournament out. See Snow hovering Zelda in one of the thumbnails...

My heart is now broken...I thought I'd finally see a Zelda somewhere :sadeyes:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Well sh*T

I realized I hit 1000 posts 76 posts ago. I didn't even notice back then, haha.

Is this something people celebrate? Should I celebrate? I could celebrate. PARTY AT MY PLACE
we could have a bug catching contest :p
contests.png

Went onto VGBC twitch profile to check their first customs tournament out. See Snow hovering Zelda in one of the thumbnails...

My heart is now broken...I thought I'd finally see a Zelda somewhere :sadeyes:
hate to be brutally honest, but many don't think customs do much for zelda. Course I don't play with customs much so I wouldn't know too much

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
hate to be brutally honest, but many don't think customs do much for zelda. Course I don't play with customs much so I wouldn't know too much
Oh, I know that, if anything she gets worse because those around her get much more out of customs, I just saw the thumbnail with Zelda sitting there, practically selected, but no, 'twas not to be...

Soul.

Lmao I was playing FG on 3DS, used Falcon, Rosa player shows up. Uair to knee juggles.
Salt bruh

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I feel like I'm working the night shift on neighborhood watch whenever I'm on this social during this time. #CPU34Mod
#2many#s2confusing

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
"Good" is very subjective here. Change is part of the process of destruction and recreation. Some things have to be wrecked or ruined for better things to be built upon them, so I'd say change itself cannot be classified as good or bad. The consequences of change can be good or bad for some, but change itself is something you can't oppose to.

Even if a "bad" change is made, it will eventually be corrected into something better, etc.

Bro.

Bro, you missed this part of the post.

Lucina will always be bottom tier not because she's bad, but because she's unfortunately very redundant. Marth is not wonderful in this game as he has been before, and while I don't actually think he's LOW, the fact that Lucina is a bad Marth makes her pointless in the competitive scene. If someone wants to use her and rips holes with her, then good for them! Being bottom tier doesn't mean you can't win in the end.

But no matter how many times I state this, people are still always offended by their character being called "bottom tier" :'D
Ok my thoughts are that Marth is mid at worst. I also see Lucina being low to bottom, but in the future their metas are bound to seperate. Like doc and mario in melee. Lucina isn't good at space fairs, Marth is. Just no having a tipper separates them imo. I see Lucina becoming a more ground based character while Marth is an aerial based character in the future. At the moment I see her at low, I see her getting higher in the future when her meta finally changes and people start to look at her in a different perspective.

Blue Phoenix

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0001-3910-6032
Here are my favorites:
This is still pretty accurate, but my normal, grounnd, and fairy type favorites are different now. Water and ghost might be different now, idk.
Here's mine:

EDIT: No image, idk why, I previewed and everything ._.

Last edited:
Ok my thoughts are that Marth is mid at worst. I also see Lucina being low to bottom, but in the future their metas are bound to seperate. Like doc and mario in melee. Lucina isn't good at space fairs, Marth is. Just no having a tipper separates them imo. I see Lucina becoming a more ground based character while Marth is an aerial based character in the future. At the moment I see her at low, I see her getting higher in the future when her meta finally changes and people start to look at her in a different perspective.
Lucina is an inferior Marth. Her moveset is inferior to Marth's moveset in terms of reward

Let that sink in. You'll have an easier time with Marth than Lucina

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Zant's was pretty tough too.

I like the "rack up your ko count" missions. Crowd density is ridiculous and green bottles drop everywhere. If you let the green bottles pile up by not picking any up, you can get a ridiculous spirit combo later. I've had a spirit combo over 900, but I've never reached 1000. That's pretty much the best way to make money and gain levels. A single one of those missions can nearly level a 100 leveled character to 101 in one go... about 2/3rds to 3/4s at least.

I was remembering wrong about the Beetle I think too. Don't think you can actually ever have three beetles out. There's something else in the game that's like that though.
Mhm pretty much Agitha, Zant, Zelda's Baton, Lana's Time Portal, and a few others were especially tough to unlock in their LV 3's.

I much prefer the "rack up your KO count" over the "kill 1,000 enemies in 10 minutes" because the latter clearly makes it a lot more difficult to find groups of enemies. Not to mention, the bosses that spawn and follow you around non-stop (Argorok especially is a nuisance due to how quickly he catches up to you).

Oh for the beetle, I meant the move where she summons a glyph on the ground and jumps up and down, giggling (which you can dodge cancel after) when she summons her beetle. That's literally like one of the two moves I use with her, and I'll spam it against officers because... what else can you do with Agitha? Also her regular attacks are so painfully slow and have pitiful range.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Lucina is an inferior Marth. Her moveset is inferior to Marth's moveset in terms of reward

Let that sink in. You'll have an easier time with Marth than Lucina
Ok yes, but she has no tipper. That changes then apart a lot. Lucina doesn't like spacing aerials marth does.

Let that sink in... they won't have the same meta game.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Mhm pretty much Agitha, Zant, Zelda's Baton, Lana's Time Portal, and a few others were especially tough to unlock in their LV 3's.

I much prefer the "rack up your KO count" over the "kill 1,000 enemies in 10 minutes" because the latter clearly makes it a lot more difficult to find groups of enemies. Not to mention, the bosses that spawn and follow you around non-stop (Argorok especially is a nuisance due to how quickly he catches up to you).

Oh for the beetle, I meant the move where she summons a glyph on the ground and jumps up and down, giggling (which you can dodge cancel after) when she summons her beetle. That's literally like one of the two moves I use with her, and I'll spam it against officers because... what else can you do with Agitha? Also her regular attacks are so painfully slow and have pitiful range.
I completely agree with all this. Also Lana's Deku staff and Darunia's Hammer lv 3s gave me trouble but I haven't unlocked all weapons yet. I'll probably level up the needed warriors so much their downsides won't matter, when I pick up the game again.

For spacing characters like Marth, tipper spacing is the safest spacing so I can see Marth being better than Lucina.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I still have to get a lot of the level 3 weapons in Hyrule Warriors. Ruto's in particular is being a nasty one.
Ruto's is a lot easier if you use her special trait, where she can build up water in a gauge then shoot it out in waves with the lv 1 strong attack (iirc). The trick is to build up water with normal attack x2 or3 iirc to strong attack combos then find a keep corner and release the water.

Ok yes, but she has no tipper. That changes then apart a lot. Lucina doesn't like spacing aerials marth does.
No. All the more she needs to space perfectly then. Since her attacks are unsafe on shield, it's not ideal to go up close since they can shield your attack then punish or grab you quickly. You need to rely on your spacing to make it safe, and that's where the issue comes up. Marth's playstyle is also similar except spacing with him is much safer and much more rewarding.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I still have to get a lot of the level 3 weapons in Hyrule Warriors. Ruto's in particular is being a nasty one.
Spam Surf. For real. That move is insane at clearing crowds... giant, flipping tidal wave, and woosh. And it's satisfying too, cause water is love. :4greninja:

Also, if the opponent has water blight (you know, the giant bubble on their head), their damage will rack up with their weak gauge when it's displayed. Hitting weak gauges is my main issue with Ruto, so this helps.

Oh and that one attack where she dives under ground, and you can control what direction she swims in is decent for mobility and clearing a small linear crowd.

Last edited:
Dammiiiiit. I don't think Fox is my thing. Every time I go off-stage, I feel like I'm risking a lot and I LOVE getting off-stage KO's. He's not my thing :c

Don't go offstage.
Whelp
can't see her being a good fit tbh
LMAO

Characters I'm thinking of atm for random reasons:
:4mario: (Problem: Everyone uses him)
:4diddy: (Problem: Back fired last time)
:4marth: (Problem: Sucks)
:4ness: (Problem: His recovery is difficult to get used to)
:4dedede: (Problem: He's a penguin)
:4ganondorf: (Problem: I don't trust him)
:4jigglypuff: (Problem: I hate Jigglypuff)
:rosalina: (Actually considering)
:4palutena: (Problem: She has no ground game)
:4falcon: (Problem: Everyone uses him)
:4wiifit: (Problem: I don't like the character in general)
:4yoshi: (Problem: His face)

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Ness's recovery is something you'll get used to eventually. Why don't you give him a shot?

Ness's recovery is something you'll get used to eventually. Why don't you give him a shot?
I did last time. Didn't end so well. I got killed too much because I couldn't get his recovery right. Been thinking about just getting used to it but Rosalina is.... Rosalina so idk

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Whelp

LMAO

Loling at Yoshi

Why don't you trust Ganon? He actually has a killer offstage game. Don't go for DAirs, go for reverse UAirs. Either you send them to the blast zone or you semispike them hard.

Also I'm pretty sure Dedede isn't actually a prenguin.

:4gaw: also has a good offstage game, js

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Whelp

LMAO

:4zelda:has safe offstage edgeguarding lmao :^)

Top Bottom