• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
SORRY FOR THE SUDDEN DISCUSSION CHANGE BUT I'M SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW

This picture is going viral because people are conflicted whether or not this dress is black and blue... OR white and gold. My brother, father and I said the former, but my mom and apparently 75% of the world say it's the latter....

HELP
This is blowing up in my FB news feed and I'm just like wth calm down. It's white and gold cuz nobody would make a vintage dress that's black and light blue. If anyone wanted to make something that color I'd be concerned :')

Soul.

I want to punch you. Participate, pikabro: http://smashboards.com/threads/project-custom-choosing-pikachus-custom-sets-for-tournaments.380338/. :p

Considering Evo and other tournaments are allowing customs, then yeah, since people will be tossing out ideas of what set's good or not and who to use moves, what moves should be used for, and what moves fit what match up.
I know that thread lol
what I'm saying is, is it worth making sets on the games right now. You answered so yeeee

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

This picture is going viral because people are conflicted whether or not this dress is black and blue... OR white and gold. My brother, father and I said the former, but my mom and apparently 75% of the world say it's the latter....

HELP
Well...I guess when looking back we can add this to 2015's dumbest viral subjecTs. :4sonic:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
HOLY **** GORLS STOP SCARING OMG

LEGIT MY FRIENDS HAVE ALSO COMMENTED TO SAY IT'S BLACK AND BLUE. Well, some of them.

Some people have reported seeing the dress turning from gold and white to blue and black irreversibly, but not the other way around. But holy crap, THIS IS BUGGING ME FOR THE PAST HALF HOUR GORLS

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

HELP
I'm the freak that sees blue and gold...

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
HOLY **** GORLS STOP SCARING OMG

LEGIT MY FRIENDS HAVE ALSO COMMENTED TO SAY IT'S BLACK AND BLUE. Well, some of them.

Some people have reported seeing the dress turning from gold and white to blue and black irreversibly, but not the other way around. But holy crap, THIS IS BUGGING ME FOR THE PAST HALF HOUR GORLS
Dress be like

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Just to be clear, this is what black looks like.
It's not really as simple as that...

The woman's belt-thing on that picture is black too, but due to the lighting it looks as if it was a clear shade of grayish blue. Lighting can have very weird effects on how the eye perceives colors, specially 100% neutral colors such as white and black.

That said, the dress on the viral pic isn't black. There's black clothing hanging behind it that is a notch darker than the central piece, and given the camera's distance to the dress it's impossible that it'd look brighter than the dresses behind.

I'm not sure if it's gold, because the lighting is very weird, but it sure as hell isn't black and blue.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Yeah I don't know how you can move in that. I literally felt like I was throwing out moves. And how the hell do you short hop fast fall nairs in lag?

Good games though.

I just can't.
am the worst wifi Greninja :p

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Good games, @ Mocha Mocha you're pretty good! That jab -> d-tilt thing you do is not something I've ever tried, I might try to start using it.

But man, getting gimped by Hydro Pump is painful when you play Greninja =P

You have a bit of a habit of airdodging too much though.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Good games, @ Mocha Mocha you're pretty good! That jab -> d-tilt thing you do is not something I've ever tried, I might try to start using it.

But man, getting gimped by Hydro Pump is painful when you play Greninja =P

You have a bit of a habit of airdodging too much though.
Believe me I'm not trying to air dodge. If you go watch my offline matches, go see how many times I air dodge lol. I hate air dodging with a passion. I just can't move, that's all, and it feels like I'm throwing out moves instead of trying to analyze the situation.

Good pressure, aggro style though, keep it up. Them Shadow Sneaks!

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
inb4 this pic goes viral over an argument that this woman's dress is actually light brown. :secretkpop:
but what color is furret?
tumblr_n7cpsuZG2u1s8zdwuo1_500.jpg

trick question cause the color is cute

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
but what colour is this dress?

trick question because the answer won't be the same for everyone

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Believe me I'm not trying to air dodge. If you go watch my offline matches, go see how many times I air dodge lol. I hate air dodging with a passion. I just can't move, that's all, and it feels like I'm throwing out moves instead of trying to analyze the situation.

Good pressure, aggro style though, keep it up. Them Shadow Sneaks!
Thanks, Shadow Sneak is probably my favorite move to use, so many mindgames.

But hey, even if you were just throwing buttons, you didn't do bad, you managed to win one and I think you only lost one of the matches because you hit a wall with Hydro Pump.

It was also pretty silly that we both SD'd by using Shadow Sneak instead of Hydro Pump to recover =V

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
it's #7f6c4b and #8390bd with the given information so that's what it is as far as I'm concerned

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Alright I took the dress to Photoshop and used the eyedropper tool to obtain the following colours...
So the problem is FINALLY SOLVED. The dress is ACTUALLY BLACK AND BLUE. Additive colouring of the retina causes some people to add red, green and blue light to get white. People with sharper eyes are able to tell the difference and see blue. SO I AM NOT CRAZY OMG.

Tumblr savior post: http://sixpenceee.com/post/112178548304/nyctophiliaccarly-gnarly-trinititties

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Thanks, Shadow Sneak is probably my favorite move to use, so many mindgames.

But hey, even if you were just throwing buttons, you didn't do bad, you managed to win one and I think you only lost one of the matches because you hit a wall with Hydro Pump.

It was also pretty silly that we both SD'd by using Shadow Sneak instead of Hydro Pump to recover =V
Omg yes, so many SDs lmao, and then I must have placed a curse on you with SDs. And I just kind of laughed when I hit the wall with Hydro Pump because why not :'P

Also, Greninja dittos are really weird. Especially if we're doing the same things and missing each other. I lost count of how many times our hands were swirling with water as we missed each other's dash grabs.

Nah was fun, I just need to get adjusted to playing with that lag. Is it normally like this for you? I swear in your match with Macchiato, it didn't seem like wifi was affecting both of you much o.o

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Omg yes, so many SDs lmao, and then I must have placed a curse on you with SDs. And I just kind of laughed when I hit the wall with Hydro Pump because why not :'P

Also, Greninja dittos are really weird. Especially if we're doing the same things and missing each other. I lost count of how many times our hands were swirling with water as we missed each other's dash grabs.

Nah was fun, I just need to get adjusted to playing with that lag. Is it normally like this for you? I swear in your match with Macchiato, it didn't seem like wifi was affecting both of you much o.o
At least from my side the matches were playing pretty much the same. I am pretty used to the input lag from online though, I adapted pretty quickly overall, though it's still tricky to do some things properly.

And yeah it was pretty funny when we both tried to grab each other and end up going right past each other. I find Greninja dittos to be pretty fun myself

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I'll need to fight some of you guys sometime. Wii U or 3DS, doesn't matter (@ Lavani Lavani ). My actual people-fighting skills are rusty, and playing on For Glory makes me frustrated a lot of the time.

But not right now, I'm too tired.

Soul.

I'll need to fight some of you guys sometime. Wii U or 3DS, doesn't matter (@ Lavani Lavani ). My actual people-fighting skills are rusty, and playing on For Glory makes me frustrated a lot of the time.

But not right now, I'm too tired.
i can

or

lmao

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
At least from my side the matches were playing pretty much the same. I am pretty used to the input lag from online though, I adapted pretty quickly overall, though it's still tricky to do some things properly.

And yeah it was pretty funny when we both tried to grab each other and end up going right past each other. I find Greninja dittos to be pretty fun myself
Well I gotta give you props for being able to adapt in that, cause I really struggle. Maybe the fact that I'm avoiding wifi so much doesn't help me get used to such situations, but tbh it feels like I'm using a completely different character. I hope one day we can have a playable connection though, or better yet, play irl if I'm ever in the area.

Anywhos, enough of my wifi rant. Keep it up, sis. I will try to step it up from being a 0/0/0/31/0/0 Timid (Torrent) Greninja :p

Wifi is the bane of my existence.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Even good wifi connections feel blatantly worse than local play

Those 12 frames of landing lag on Shulk's nair feel like they become unpunishable with even just a few extra frames of input delay

Soul.

I was playing online on 3DS a while ago (with customs). no input lag, only a bit of normal lag because power saving mode was enabled

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
use Furret in your next avatar lol
ok mom
Even good wifi connections feel blatantly worse than local play

Those 12 frames of landing lag on Shulk's nair feel like they become unpunishable with even just a few extra frames of input delay
I play pit so I'm like punishable when I land with any aerial :p even if I hit with it, cool balance

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Number of explosives that spawned on top of and exploded inside Snaring Aura Sphere, killing me or a CPU in the past 8 minutes: 12

Also I didn't really notice it until now, but on top of the slower charge speed, Snaring Aura Sphere has a LOT more end lag. It's a cool custom but I think it'd be really hard to justify using outside of specific matchups (Olimar comes to mind)

I play pit so I'm like punishable when I land with any aerial :p even if I hit with it, cool balance
Don't fastfall your aerials then! All of Pit's aerials autocancel from a shorthop if you don't fastfall them.

Landing with aerials is pretty bad with most moves in general unless your name is Diddy Sheik or Pikachu

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Don't fastfall your aerials then! All of Pit's aerials autocancel from a shorthop if you don't fastfall them.

Landing with aerials is pretty bad with most moves in general unless your name is Diddy Sheik or Pikachu
Then give me L canceling QQ. There is no reason landing my first 1-2 hits on Fair and landing should = me being punished because you know how to hit A

Top Bottom