• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
No I'm pretty loyal to wii fit and zelda. No matter how much I switch I always end up back to them. lol
That's like breaking up with your significant other for someone else, then going back to your ex and say you want to be in a relationship again and say you were loyal to them the whole time.

That just isn't right. ;)

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'm confused. I just said Doc isn't like, bottom 10. Not that he isn't LOW rofl. My character is bad, I've said this recently a bunch of times (without customs). I used to deny this but I'm not going to be overly optimistic about my character and denial of the truth will get me nowhere. Time will tell

Now CUSTOMS Doc I'll argue isn't low, but I'm well aware the only reason my character is borderline viable without customs is Down-B =3

Y'all are only gonna bother me if you go like "Man he's bottom 5" or "Worst in the game" cause that's like, wat.

I feel bad for you Zeldas though....but y'all seem cool with everything so, it's fine.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Yep, it's definitely a thing. It's just that not everyone is willing to admit they're scared. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way (though I'm not glad that there are other people with the issue per say, it's a relief knowing that I'm in good company).

We tell ourselves that we don't have anything to prove, no one to impress, and just play. Deep in though, we're absolutely compelled to succeed. At least, I am, but I'm not going in the right way about it.

I just...

*laughs*

If you guys had any idea how much effort I've been putting into this game, you'd probably think I was losing my mind. This is with me still on the job hunt and taking evening classes too.

When I'm not doing life-related stuff, it's all I think about. By the time my classes are over, I'm literally just rushing to get home, because I absolutely must practice something as mundane as Down Tilt > Upsmash with Greninja, or Nair spike > Up B as Zelda. Then I will sit there for hooooours practicing complicated combos/strings with either character (especially Greninja), knowing the unlikelihood of pulling them off in a real match. I don't care. I want to know them all.

Then I try to pick up other characters to get a better understanding of them, but lol that doesn't last long, because I end up going back to my two mains. And then I go on wifi, and try to play smart, try to make reads... but ahah, playing smart on wifi. Yep.

/manic rant

TLDR; I'm trying to take steps that are far too big, and as a result, I get scared when I'm not getting where I want to be yet.
I totally get what you're talking about and I can relate to some extent. Though for the most part I haven't really trained much.

I mean, when I first got the 3DS version, I pretty much picked Greninja, tested his moves and understood how they worked on a basic level, then after I was done I went straight to For Glory to test myself.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't use training mode, I certainly do use it to test the timing of things such a SHFF F-Air or just to test a theory that I have about how certain things would go, but for the most part all my practice comes from fighting other people.

Obviously going guns blazing resulted in a lot of losses, but playing against a real opponent is where you really can see if something will work or not. Training is unrealiable thanks to the existance of DI, teching, stale moves, etc, so even if you perfect a combo in training, you won't really see how effective that combo is until you test it in an actual battle. So when it comes to combos and stuff like that, I use training just to get a basic feel of what I need to do for the combo and then I go test it out in a real match where I'll see if it can really work or not. I don't think spending hours in training is going to change much because going against a dummy is a lot different from going against an actual person.

Sure, wi-fi has lag which doesn't exactly make it 100% reliable either, but at least for me that's I'm going to get for the most part. I think if you really want to practice you should probably look for people to play with both online and offline so you can really put the theory into practice.

Like, if you want, I could be an online training partner for you since we both main Greninja and so we probably could give each other tips to improve our games, plus I can sorta use a good variety of characters as well, if you're up to it. I really do understand getting nervous with playing online since a lot of times I've had to take breaks from playing because I'm sure if I kept playing it would be hazardous for both my physical and mental health at some points, especially when the match was particularly intense.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
All I want in life is for people to realize that Rosalina isn't overpowered or broken; she's just a very solid character.

Imo, she's around #9-10, tier-wise, since she loses to most of the top tiers.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I am a knight. Doc legit sucks tho MK doesn't.

For real if i don't say nothing everyone will get this mind set that MK is 'low tier'. I did this in the competitive thread when people slap him on mid tier just cause.

Now you got people placing him higher, tournament results of solo maining him and beating top tiers. When you say 'MK sucks' in your room i will be under your bed i swear it.

I ask for reasons and i get 'range' or 'range' lol.

Tell me, whats holding MK back from not being high tier? let daddy kno.
He's good but I dont think he's as good as characters like ness or wii fit. He might be high but imo the lower part. Like range is pretty bad FOR A SWORDSMEN. His smashes aren't good like he has only to kill moves which are shuttle loop and bair. Damage output is meh other than tornado

Soul.

Lemme see

Characters I main(ed) who I think is AT LEAST MID::4kirby::4jigglypuff::4marth::4palutena::4peach::4wiifit::4metaknight::4zelda::4shulk::4ness::4pit::4link::4villager::4tlink:

Character I main(ed) who I think are broken AF::rosalina::4zss::4sheik::4pikachu:

Character I main(ed) who I think are low or below::4bowserjr::4gaw::4myfriends::4littlemac::4lucina::4samus::4drmario:(sorry @ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd )
Good to know you think Pikachu is broken. It makes me want to use Charizard with Dragon Rush.
:troll:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Edit: Wrong thread. Derp.

So... How is everyone?

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I love how we have @ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd and @ warionumbah2 warionumbah2 who will defend their mains fiercely from the hungry wolves that claim their mains to be low tier.

Then we have us Zelda gorls who encourage other people to think that she is god awful lol. ;^)
We're convincing everyone she's bad so when we actually put up a fight they get confused and SD from the fab :')
All I want in life is for people to realize that Rosalina isn't overpowered or broken; she's just a very solid character.

Agreed. imo if a puppet character can have their secondary character removed THAT easily even by Zelda lmao they're nowhere near broken.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

YEEES. Thank you. Someone who understands. A very nice all around character who can be fun to play as. <3

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I will never understand why people think wii fit is bad. She's basically a better mario.

Has multi directional hitboxes as big as marios. Better peojectiles, better edgeguarding, better and safe ledge game. Kills faster. Racks up damage as fast. Faster I think. Better recovery.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Back on that Mystery Dungeon discussion, I played Explorers of Time quite a long time ago. Idk how hard that game was supposed to bebe, but man it was easily one of the most difficult games I've ever played. It think I got to the
Part where there were a bunch of...Luxrays or something? It was right after another super hard mission that took me like a week to do. My partner was a water type so...yeah. That sucked. I think I ended up giving up and returning it (I had only rented it). But then again, I have vague memories of encountering that Grovyle and being captured or something...hmm maybe I DID beat it...
I probably sound crazy after that, lol.
*end of massive post*
Grovyle definitely comes after the Luxrays so idk. Seems you got about 2/3 of the way through the story at least if you got captured
If you think about it, Macchiato is like those philanderers who always sample and play around with his interests but never stays loyal. And to think he's only 13 15.
lol imo being 15 kind of invalidates a lot of points because teenagers tend to do some really freaking stupid things and make no sense somethimes (source: i am a teenager)
I think I just need to stop playing on RG altogether. I really don't even enjoy it much anymore...time to give For Fun a try!

I might start asking some new people for matches too. I play pretty much just you guys (sometimes) and people in my Skype group (also sometimes). There's an arena for Smash 4, right?
For Fun , the only time I played it, lagged a lot. I would prefer just playing some lol matches with friends (All Random + Smash Balls is always a good time :^) just make sure you turn off GCO and PaluTemple in random stage switch)
Character I main(ed) who I think are broken AF::rosalina::4zss::4sheik::4pikachu:
mfw no hoohah :4diddy:
He's good but I dont think he's as good as characters like ness or wii fit. He might be high but imo the lower part. Like range is pretty bad FOR A SWORDSMEN. His smashes aren't good like he has only to kill moves which are shuttle loop and bair. Damage output is meh other than tornado
Being a swordsman shouldn't matter, really it's just an aesthetic thing. Smash would still play the exact same if all that showed up were hitboxes and hurtboxes (also that would remove weird hitbox jankiness like Swordfighter)
Doesn't Fsmash have like no ending lag?
Also Meta Knight has a lot of strings (kinda like Sheik) to rack up lotsa damage
I will never understand why people think wii fit is bad. She's basically a better mario.

Has multi directional hitboxes as big as marios. Better peojectiles, better edgeguarding, better and safe ledge game. Kills faster. Racks up damage as fast. Faster I think. Better recovery.
multidirectional hitboxes are kinda weird because it's really hard to space well with them, imagine having Shulk's fair hitbox centered on Shulk instead of in front of him, it would immediately get a lot worse because back hitboxes are really only for bairs. It wouldn't really help unless you moved through them for some reason and then you should be getting punished. WFT's hitbox size is irrelevant if it's cut in half for every single one of her moves
Also WFT is really awkward to play which is probably why a lot of people are trashing on her b/c she has a really really steep learning curve (imo one of the steeper ones in the game due to janky hitboxes) no one has really figured out how to play her that well afaik

/superlongpost

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Well, she loses to Diddy and Sheik. I think she goes even with or beats the rest, though Pikachu feels like a losing matchup to me too due to him frequently ducking her jab and usmash. I agree though, it feels like people overrate her due to her being a very different character to fight compared to most.

In other news, seven classic runs with Yoshi and I haven't gotten downB 2 yet. Got downB 3 earlier...this thing seems like major booty.

lol imo being 15 kind of invalidates a lot of points because teenagers tend to do some really freaking stupid things and make no sense somethimes (source: i am a teenager)
I laughed more than I should have at this.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
multidirectional hitboxes are kinda weird because it's really hard to space well with them, imagine having Shulk's fair hitbox centered on Shulk instead of in front of him, it would immediately get a lot worse because back hitboxes are really only for bairs. It wouldn't really help unless you moved through them for some reason and then you should be getting punished. WFT's hitbox size is irrelevant if it's cut in half for every single one of her moves
Also WFT is really awkward to play which is probably why a lot of people are trashing on her b/c she has a really really steep learning curve (imo one of the steeper ones in the game due to janky hitboxes) no one has really figured out how to play her that well afaik

/superlongpost
IMO she's one of those characters that are perceived as low in the beginning and she'll rise to like top. Also they didn't cut her hitboxes in half, they seem fine to me. So basically if they don't know how to play her or don't know anything about her, they'll just say that she's low. Ok

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Meanwhile, Falco.

Wolf wrecks the tier list! Can't let you be good, Star Fox. :p

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
So, my brothers and sisters. I'm stuck in this rut. I have wifiphobia. Help.

http://nintendodojo.com/blogpost.aspx?id=159002

shout-outs to @MDAVE for being awesome and reminding me that this is the place for psychology help.
I think I can kinda relate.

How long has this game been out? 3DS for nearly five months, Wii U for three.
In all that time, I've never gone on For Glory once, outside of teams. Teams I've done a few times on both games, but FFA and 1v1? Never. I'm not so interested in FG FFA, but I've wanted to be able to 1v1, and could never go in. Not even after creating a whole new fake NNID with a fake Mii so that I wouldn't be recognized. After creating a fake wifi identity and yet still having this issue, I believe the problem stems from not quite the fear of the judgment of others, but rather the judgment of myself.

Do you know what I mean?

After reading the other things you've said, it's clear you take this game more seriously than I do, but that's not a bad thing. In fact, I wish I could care more about Smash, but I'm just so firm in my pitiful belief that I'm never going to be good enough by any standard, that I don't put forth the effort to try. Competitive Smash isn't a reality to me; it's something I'd rather get excited watching others perform at instead. That, and I think things in my life are just making me care less about what usually makes me happy.

However, I play on For Fun a lot. I'll spend hours in this mode, either goofing off with people who don't fight, or beating people up who are even worse than me. Yeah, hah, I'm one of those people who would rather just mess around online instead of fight. I find some of the funniest people, you know? But it's not everyone's bread and butter, and taunt parties get massive hate from most of the community. Probably because most partiers are stupid and team on fighters. It's not cool.

But I'm rambling; my point is, I have a small suggestion. Even though wifi is a big anxiety point to you right now, perhaps you should try out For Fun at some point. You might find some fun people, and there's rarely decent players if you're worried about making a fool of yourself. Nothing's recorded, stage hazards and items are stupidly fun sometimes, and there's really nothing to lose. (Besides maybe brain cells from people being even dumber than on Roll Glory, but what do I know about that?)
It's just a suggestion, but I hope you feel better about your situation soon.

btw was that one gif from AmazingArtistYellow? It looks like their style and I love that artist

Soul.

Lick is bad and no Yoshi main should use it.
High Jump also sucks lol Yoshi loses his only projectile.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lick is bad and no Yoshi main should use it.
High Jump also sucks lol Yoshi loses his only projectile.
Meanwhile, Greninja.

Didn't people talk about how Lick was good on Yoshi a while back because Egg Lay wasn't good or something? Sure, it's not Bite, but having the ability to grab on the ground and in the air is still good.

Soul.

Meanwhile, Greninja.

Didn't people talk about how Lick was good on Yoshi a while back because Egg Lay wasn't good or something? Sure, it's not Bite, but having the ability to grab on the ground and in the air is still good.
I dunno, I don't check the Yoshi boards. What I do know is that Egg Lay is a better "grab" for Yoshi because it has a lot of utility.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
his range is similar to toon links other than that you haven't brought up any legit reasons. You think Ness and wii fit are better without any explanations. His up smash is the 6th strongest in the game knockback wise, his forward smash kills around 70 and has no end lag and down smash second hit kills and comes out faster than mario's. he has 9 kill moves in total and alot of them have setups. His damage output is better than sheiks due to tornado,shuttle loop and smash attacks so mute point. On my phone so I can't go all out. :(

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
IMO she's one of those characters that are perceived as low in the beginning and she'll rise to like top. Also they didn't cut her hitboxes in half, they seem fine to me. So basically if they don't know how to play her or don't know anything about her, they'll just say that she's low. Ok
Ok, here's what I meant by her hitboxes cut in half:

This is WFT's side tilt with its normal hitbox (sort of)

tbh this is kind of a terrible hitbox, it reaches like 3/4 a Kirby in front of her and half in back. You'd have to be pretty close to your opponent for this to hit (closer than most characters at least). Falco's utilt reaches farther than that, and that's not a move renowned for its horizontal reach (or any reach really :troll: )

This is WFT's side tilt hitbox except it's no longer multidirectional:

This is a lot more respectable hitbox, it hits enemies that are 1 1/2 Kirbies in front of her now. That's about the length of Falco's ftilt among others. That's what an ftilt hitbox should be. Not half a Kirby in each direction, that's only useful if you have two people on either side of you :rosalina:

Also Kirbies should now be an official method of measuring distance lol :4kirby:

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
idk Lick seems quite good to me, disjoint with a lunge forward (note: this helps his horizontal recovery too, not that he really needs it) and a terrific knockback angle + decent kill power. It just has the problem that it's replacing a (B-Reversable) command grab.

Supposedly neutralB 3 still has the prenerf speed still, I think the followup potential is worse (if it even exists?) compared to Egg Lay though

Yoshi's customs are pretty bad tbh

His up smash is the 6th strongest in the game knockback wise
Is there a listing of this somewhere? I know it's a damn good usmash, but 6th strongest is surprising to me

Soul.

Which is why again Egg Lay is better. Yoshi's customs are situational if anything.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
his range is similar to toon links other than that you haven't brought up any legit reasons. You think Ness and wii fit are better without any explanations. His up smash is the 6th strongest in the game knockback wise, his forward smash kills around 70 and has no end lag and down smash second hit kills and comes out faster than mario's. he has 9 kill moves in total and alot of them have setups. His damage output is better than sheiks due to tornado,shuttle loop and smash attacks so mute point. On my phone so I can't go all out. :(
Yes but toon link has those peojectiles. Wii fit trainer I think has the 4th strong Usmash KB wise. Yes but his Fsmash has that start up lag. Dsmash the first hit like is weak as his dtilt. Practically everyone has better damage output than sheik. Once again I'm saying that he's good but just not that good.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
idk Lick seems quite good to me, disjoint with a lunge forward (note: this helps his horizontal recovery too, not that he really needs it) and a terrific knockback angle + decent kill power. It just has the problem that it's replacing a (B-Reversable) command grab.

Supposedly neutralB 3 still has the prenerf speed still, I think the followup potential is worse (if it even exists?) compared to Egg Lay though

Yoshi's customs are pretty bad tbh

Is there a listing of this somewhere? I know it's a damn good usmash, but 6th strongest is surprising to me
there's a youtube channel called smash science, was actually surprised myself. Sonic has the best one.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I totally get what you're talking about and I can relate to some extent. Though for the most part I haven't really trained much.

I mean, when I first got the 3DS version, I pretty much picked Greninja, tested his moves and understood how they worked on a basic level, then after I was done I went straight to For Glory to test myself.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't use training mode, I certainly do use it to test the timing of things such a SHFF F-Air or just to test a theory that I have about how certain things would go, but for the most part all my practice comes from fighting other people.

Obviously going guns blazing resulted in a lot of losses, but playing against a real opponent is where you really can see if something will work or not. Training is unrealiable thanks to the existance of DI, teching, stale moves, etc, so even if you perfect a combo in training, you won't really see how effective that combo is until you test it in an actual battle. So when it comes to combos and stuff like that, I use training just to get a basic feel of what I need to do for the combo and then I go test it out in a real match where I'll see if it can really work or not. I don't think spending hours in training is going to change much because going against a dummy is a lot different from going against an actual person.

Sure, wi-fi has lag which doesn't exactly make it 100% reliable either, but at least for me that's I'm going to get for the most part. I think if you really want to practice you should probably look for people to play with both online and offline so you can really put the theory into practice.

Like, if you want, I could be an online training partner for you since we both main Greninja and so we probably could give each other tips to improve our games, plus I can sorta use a good variety of characters as well, if you're up to it. I really do understand getting nervous with playing online since a lot of times I've had to take breaks from playing because I'm sure if I kept playing it would be hazardous for both my physical and mental health at some points, especially when the match was particularly intense.
Training mode for me is to simply practice my inputs/learn combos/strings. When I get the hang of them, I test with people offline to see how they can get out of it, and how I can put the moves to use if I predict their DI. Of course, 'testing offline' hasn't exactly been a reliable source for me lately, so training mode is all I got to savor the beauty of freedom; lagless, spikeless, delayless.

Nevertheless, practicing against people is definitely the superior option. This is one of the few reasons I bother at all with wifi, other than to play with friends upon request. Computers don't play to mess with your head (though I know some will swear by their waifus they do). The human ability to mindgame, adapt, and change a playstyle is where fighting a CPU would not teach me anything. And 'combos' that work may work on a CPU, but not a human. Also, I don't just spend hours against a dummy lol. I've spent far more time playing people than CPUs, but that doesn't change the fact that I've been terrified to fight online lately.

I wouldn't mind an online training partner, but you'll have to forgive my initial jitters in getting back into wifi. Thanks though, I... guess I would be up for that sometime.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Why are people arguing in here? I thought this place was CALM and HAPPY.

I'm an aeralfos
Why would you turn into the lamest miniboss ever? At least become an Iron Knuckle or something. Kurogane Knuckle, there you go.

YESSSS.

On second thought, though, they have the suchomimus and baryonix in that kayak tour thing. So many people getting eaten dude.

@berserker01
Good luck in getting a date with your girl in mind!

... not that I need you or anything.
Omg even more yesss~ :laugh:

But yeah, I hope everything went well with this homebreaker girl, @berserker01!!

Also, @ Mocha Mocha don't be scaaared. Maybe one of these days we could play in a team battle against CPUs and you wouldn't feel as nervous?

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Training mode for me is to simply practice my inputs/learn combos/strings. When I get the hang of them, I test with people offline to see how they can get out of it, and how I can put the moves to use if I predict their DI. Of course, 'testing offline' hasn't exactly been a reliable source for me lately, so training mode is all I got to savor the beauty of freedom; lagless, spikeless, delayless.

Nevertheless, practicing against people is definitely the superior option. This is one of the few reasons I bother at all with wifi, other than to play with friends upon request. Computers don't play to mess with your head (though I know some will swear by their waifus they do). The human ability to mindgame, adapt, and change a playstyle is where fighting a CPU would not teach me anything. And 'combos' that work may work on a CPU, but not a human. Also, I don't just spend hours against a dummy lol. I've spent far more time playing people than CPUs, but that doesn't change the fact that I've been terrified to fight online lately.

I wouldn't mind an online training partner, but you'll have to forgive my initial jitters in getting back into wifi. Thanks though, I... guess I would be up for that sometime.
Still waiting for our matches good sis. Also are yew gonna attend that tournament?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

Nah, it's fine. Just tag me when you're up for it!

So I was trying to complete that Target Blast challenge of getting 450000. So I decided to try something.

It... Worked, to say the least.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Yes but toon link has those peojectiles. Wii fit trainer I think has the 4th strong Usmash KB wise. Yes but his Fsmash has that start up lag. Dsmash the first hit like is weak as his dtilt. Practically everyone has better damage output than sheik. Once again I'm saying that he's good but just not that good.
tinks moves come out slower and his projectiles come out slower than links and he also has worse ground mobility. MK has a stronger advantage state and a stronger disadvantaged state something he and top tiers have in common. Wii fit trainer does not have that trait. Down smash knockback on the front is nowhere near as weak as dtilt, I'm positive you don't play MK. Despite sheik having low damage per hit she is still one of the best characters in the game, meta knight lacks a projectile,safe aerials to use in neutral and range. Again you don't bring up valid points on why he can't touch high tier, you compare him to wii fit who no one cares about and is currently your flavour of the month/week. I haven't even dived into his mu spread yet which is looking pretty good especially against the common tournament picks.I typed this on the toilet lol.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
In other news, seven classic runs with Yoshi and I haven't gotten downB 2 yet. Got downB 3 earlier...this thing seems like major booty.
I've done 3 classic mode runs and 2 Smash Run runs with Yoshi and has only gotten Neutral B 3, Heavy Egg Roll and his Up B customs so far. It's really frustrating. :( I also did 2 Smash Runs and a Classic mode run with Ganondorf last night and only got Warlock Thrust.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
tinks moves come out slower and his projectiles come out slower than links and he also has worse ground mobility. MK has a stronger advantage state and a stronger disadvantaged state something he and top tiers have in common. Wii fit trainer does not have that trait. Down smash knockback on the front is nowhere near as weak as dtilt, I'm positive you don't play MK. Despite sheik having low damage per hit she is still one of the best characters in the game, meta knight lacks a projectile,safe aerials to use in neutral and range. Again you don't bring up valid points on why he can't touch high tier, you compare him to wii fit who no one cares about and is currently your flavour of the month/week. I haven't even dived into his mu spread yet which is looking pretty good especially against the common tournament picks.I typed this on the toilet lol.
She does, she has a better advantage and disadvantaged state. Also she also has a great MU spread.

Soul.

For some reason your avatar fits pretty well with this post

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Which is why again Egg Lay is better. Yoshi's customs are situational if anything.
Yeah, more or less. Unless there's merit to downB 2 (still haven't gotten it, lost count of classic playthroughs) I think it's basically just the neutralBs based on preference

there's a youtube channel called smash science, was actually surprised myself. Sonic has the best one.
That...this sounds really sketchy and I think they were doing something with their tests that skewed the results. Sonic's has stupid BKB, but under normal circumstances it definitely isn't the strongest usmash.

If I cared enough I'd try and figure it out myself, but I really don't.

...or I guess we have this. Thanks!

I've done 3 classic mode runs and 2 Smash Run runs with Yoshi and has only gotten Neutral B 3, Heavy Egg Roll and his Up B customs so far. It's really frustrating. :( I also did 2 Smash Runs and a Classic mode run with Ganondorf last night and only got Warlock Thrust.
drop rates suck

thanks sakuwhy

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I think I can kinda relate.

How long has this game been out? 3DS for nearly five months, Wii U for three.
In all that time, I've never gone on For Glory once, outside of teams. Teams I've done a few times on both games, but FFA and 1v1? Never. I'm not so interested in FG FFA, but I've wanted to be able to 1v1, and could never go in. Not even after creating a whole new fake NNID with a fake Mii so that I wouldn't be recognized. After creating a fake wifi identity and yet still having this issue, I believe the problem stems from not quite the fear of the judgment of others, but rather the judgment of myself.

Do you know what I mean?

After reading the other things you've said, it's clear you take this game more seriously than I do, but that's not a bad thing. In fact, I wish I could care more about Smash, but I'm just so firm in my pitiful belief that I'm never going to be good enough by any standard, that I don't put forth the effort to try. Competitive Smash isn't a reality to me; it's something I'd rather get excited watching others perform at instead. That, and I think things in my life are just making me care less about what usually makes me happy.

However, I play on For Fun a lot. I'll spend hours in this mode, either goofing off with people who don't fight, or beating people up who are even worse than me. Yeah, hah, I'm one of those people who would rather just mess around online instead of fight. I find some of the funniest people, you know? But it's not everyone's bread and butter, and taunt parties get massive hate from most of the community. Probably because most partiers are stupid and team on fighters. It's not cool.

But I'm rambling; my point is, I have a small suggestion. Even though wifi is a big anxiety point to you right now, perhaps you should try out For Fun at some point. You might find some fun people, and there's rarely decent players if you're worried about making a fool of yourself. Nothing's recorded, stage hazards and items are stupidly fun sometimes, and there's really nothing to lose. (Besides maybe brain cells from people being even dumber than on Roll Glory, but what do I know about that?)
It's just a suggestion, but I hope you feel better about your situation soon.

btw was that one gif from AmazingArtistYellow? It looks like their style and I love that artist
To be honest, ever since Brawl started dying, I went through a lengthy period of time where I kind of stopped caring about Smash, and trying to improve in an already dead meta. When Smash 4 first came out, it caught my interest, but not yet that flare to become such a try-hard. I was able to play other games and occasionally some Smash, have fun with them, and be done with it.

However in the past couple of months or so, I've suddenly felt as if all my "competitive knowledge" from Brawl was lost, and I was just this complete noob trying to learn how to play competitive Smash. Even now, I feel like a very average player. After fighting the occasional beast player who would 3-stock me like no tomorrow, and after fighting this one guy who's been helping me improve (and who's had tourney experience since Melee), I feel like I'm in a completely different level than the top players.

I'm struggling to get caught up to where they are now, because this is not a game you can't just master in one month. Well maybe for some people, but not for me.

Oh and I have nothing against casual gamers/people who like to mess around in For Fun (though I personally never tried that mode). I have a good friend who's a casual, and he has potential to be a potent competitive player. He chooses not to, and that's fine. We still play from time to time. My point is, I can acknowledge that aspect of Smash, but I can't embrace it... at least, not as a regular thing. Success for me, is one of the ways I have fun, even if it may not exactly be for the best.

Thank you though for putting the time to share your own experiences and suggestions
I'm also not quite sure who the artist is, but now that you mention it, the artwork does seem familiar.

Thanks @ FullMoon FullMoon and @ Fernosaur Fernosaur I will try my best ;_;

@ Macchiato Macchiato If I can magically get over my wifi nerves tonight or early tomorrow, I may attend. Thank you for the link, sis

Last edited:

Soul.

Yeah, more or less. Unless there's merit to downB 2 (still haven't gotten it, lost count of classic playthroughs) I think it's basically just the neutralBs based on preference
Down B 2 is somewhat reliable, for if you use Down B to land the stars hit the opponent giving you an answer for that. Even though you can shield them.
but what do I know, I don't use Yoshi

Top Bottom