• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

D

Deleted member

What if her Fsmash was a random weapon she pulls out like Peach's Fsmash.
only with Daisy it's totally random and it can be a Baseball bat, a chainsaw or a um, something else x3
What about an actual daisy as the third weapon. It'll totally beat Diddy's uair FLOWER2STRONK PLZ NERF

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So, my brothers and sisters. I'm stuck in this rut. I have wifiphobia. Help.

http://nintendodojo.com/blogpost.aspx?id=159002

shout-outs to @MDAVE for being awesome and reminding me that this is the place for psychology help.
Hmm...well looking at everyones' comments it sounds like maybe you're afraid of them judging you. I get that nervous feeling too sometimes, but I get more salty than nervous. I think you should take a break from Roll Glory for a while. I'm slowly learning how toxic it can be myself...

I don't blame you for being nervous. I get nervous when I have to play matches too, even with good friends. When so many people online taunt at you, and/or change their tag to something like "scrub" or whatever if they win, it's easy to feel that way.

Also if you felt bad that one day we did training why didn't you say so?:( You could've stopped if you wanted to.

Hopefully this post actually made sense, lol. SB mobile is bleh.
-------------------
Back on that Mystery Dungeon discussion, I played Explorers of Time quite a long time ago. Idk how hard that game was supposed to bebe, but man it was easily one of the most difficult games I've ever played. It think I got to the
Part where there were a bunch of...Luxrays or something? It was right after another super hard mission that took me like a week to do. My partner was a water type so...yeah. That sucked. I think I ended up giving up and returning it (I had only rented it). But then again, I have vague memories of encountering that Grovyle and being captured or something...hmm maybe I DID beat it...
I probably sound crazy after that, lol.
*end of massive post*

EDIT:
Wow Zelda got demoted by you of all people? All hope for optimism for Zelda is fading. Sis, halp...
STAY STRONG AND OPTIMISTIC SIS! :colorful:

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
What if Daisy used different sport items like, Baseball Bat, Tennis Racket and Hockey Stick in a random order and would smack its respective ball type at you so it's like up close they'd get hit by both but then far away it's like a projectile.

Surely she could have a snazzy Final Smash I'm just imagining her using that giant crystalline teal fist she uses in the football game, I mean cmon she could f**k you up like Bayonetta with her wicked weaves.
Also Daisy had a float ability in the Olympics it's much faster, shorter and a different pose from Peach's but it's there and could add some variety.

Really though there's a lot of material to work with, not just her annoying people to death with her obnoxiousness.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Hmm...well looking at everyones' comments it sounds like maybe you're afraid of them judging you. I get that nervous feeling too sometimes, but I get more salty than nervous. I think you should take a break from Roll Glory for a while. I'm slowly learning how toxic it can be myself...

I don't blame you for being nervous. I get nervous when I have to play matches too, even with good friends. When so many people online taunt at you, and/or change their tag to something like "scrub" or whatever if they win, it's easy to feel that way.

Also if you felt bad that one day we did training why didn't you say so?:( You could've stopped if you wanted to.

Hopefully this post actually made sense, lol. SB mobile is bleh.
-------------------

EDIT:

STAY STRONG AND OPTIMISTIC SIS! :colorful:
Yeah idk what's wrong with me, but lately I always cringe whenever someone asks to play me on wifi, and it's gotten a bit ridiculous. I guess a part of it too is that I'm trying to 'learn too much too fast' and then I try to cram so much information in my head, that I don't know where to start. If that makes any sense lol.

I didn't mind training with you at all, in fact, I felt a lot better after that because I was happy I helped someone, no matter how little I thought I could help. No worries, you didn't contribute to my insanity, you're fine :]

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
So, my brothers and sisters. I'm stuck in this rut. I have wifiphobia. Help.

http://nintendodojo.com/blogpost.aspx?id=159002

shout-outs to @MDAVE for being awesome and reminding me that this is the place for psychology help.
I didn't know this was an actual thing! :O This is exactly how I feel, even in games other than Smash Bros. like Pokemon and Dead or Alive. I haven't played For Glory in nearly a week out of fear and nervousness. I can't even bring myself to arrange a match on my new Smashladder account. I'm just so scared to go online :(

Even though you posted this to get help, this post has actually been a great help for me. Thanks for sharing Mocha.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Yeah idk what's wrong with me, but lately I always cringe whenever someone asks to play me on wifi, and it's gotten a bit ridiculous.
I get this feeling a lot myself. I think it's a combination of not wanting to play with lag online and worrying about making a fool of yourself in front of others (even though FG is really the last place you should worry about something like that).

I should probably just start finding other people to play with, there's much more opportunity to learn when playing with someone you can get feedback from + being able to pick stages other than FD, customs, etc.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I think I just need to stop playing on RG altogether. I really don't even enjoy it much anymore...time to give For Fun a try!

I might start asking some new people for matches too. I play pretty much just you guys (sometimes) and people in my Skype group (also sometimes). There's an arena for Smash 4, right?

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I didn't know this was an actual thing! :O This is exactly how I feel, even in games other than Smash Bros. like Pokemon and Dead or Alive. I haven't played For Glory in nearly a week out of fear and nervousness. I can't even bring myself to arrange a match on my new Smashladder account. I'm just so scared to go online :(

Even though you posted this to get help, this post has actually been a great help for me. Thanks for sharing Mocha.
Yep, it's definitely a thing. It's just that not everyone is willing to admit they're scared. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way (though I'm not glad that there are other people with the issue per say, it's a relief knowing that I'm in good company).

We tell ourselves that we don't have anything to prove, no one to impress, and just play. Deep in though, we're absolutely compelled to succeed. At least, I am, but I'm not going in the right way about it.

I just...

*laughs*

If you guys had any idea how much effort I've been putting into this game, you'd probably think I was losing my mind. This is with me still on the job hunt and taking evening classes too.

When I'm not doing life-related stuff, it's all I think about. By the time my classes are over, I'm literally just rushing to get home, because I absolutely must practice something as mundane as Down Tilt > Upsmash with Greninja, or Nair spike > Up B as Zelda. Then I will sit there for hooooours practicing complicated combos/strings with either character (especially Greninja), knowing the unlikelihood of pulling them off in a real match. I don't care. I want to know them all.

Then I try to pick up other characters to get a better understanding of them, but lol that doesn't last long, because I end up going back to my two mains. And then I go on wifi, and try to play smart, try to make reads... but ahah, playing smart on wifi. Yep.

/manic rant

TLDR; I'm trying to take steps that are far too big, and as a result, I get scared when I'm not getting where I want to be yet.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
That makes your list look even worse. Real talk. If you said you lacked experience against most of the cast then the list would make more sense.

What set did the MK player use first of all? Answer carefully cause I'll be able to tell if you played a MK that knows what he's doing or not.

Listen Tom i need you to help me to help you.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
That makes your list look even worse. Real talk. If you said you lacked experience against most of the cast then the list would make more sense.

What set did the MK player use first of all? Answer carefully cause I'll be able to tell if you played a MK that knows what he's doing or not.

Listen Tom i need you to help me to help you.
Shieldbreak side b
Sheild ignoring teleport

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I think I just need to stop playing on RG altogether. I really don't even enjoy it much anymore...time to give For Fun a try!

I might start asking some new people for matches too. I play pretty much just you guys (sometimes) and people in my Skype group (also sometimes). There's an arena for Smash 4, right?

Omg I feel the same way >,,<
I'm really not the best, and I'd like to play with some of you guys just for fun because it gets old having to deal with Diddies in online modes and after a while it's just not fun, especially with lag and stuff.
Glad to hear someone else actually say this because I thought I was the only one and never wanted to voice my opinion

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Yep, it's definitely a thing. It's just that not everyone is willing to admit they're scared. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way (though I'm not glad that there are other people with the issue per say, it's a relief knowing that I'm in good company).

We tell ourselves that we don't have anything to prove, no one to impress, and just play. Deep in though, we're absolutely compelled to succeed. At least, I am, but I'm not going in the right way about it.

I just...

*laughs*

If you guys had any idea how much effort I've been putting into this game, you'd probably think I was losing my mind. This is with me still on the job hunt and taking evening classes too.

When I'm not doing life-related stuff, it's all I think about. By the time my classes are over, I'm literally just rushing to get home, because I absolutely must practice something as mundane as Down Tilt > Upsmash with Greninja, or Nair spike > Up B as Zelda. Then I will sit there for hooooours practicing complicated combos/strings with either character (especially Greninja), knowing the unlikelihood of pulling them off in a real match. I don't care. I want to know them all.

Then I try to pick up other characters to get a better understanding of them, but lol that doesn't last long, because I end up going back to my two mains. And then I go on wifi, and try to play smart, try to make reads... but ahah, playing smart on wifi. Yep.

/manic rant

TLDR; I'm trying to take steps that are far too big, and as a result, I get scared when I'm not getting where I want to be yet.
Are you me?

Sheild ignoring teleport
he doesn't know what he's doing

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
High Speed Drill could technically be "better" because it starts and moves that much more quickly, but being unable to stagespike or steer into the floor/upward if you misinput and lower damage still has me thinking the default is better.

Shieldbreaker Drill would be my favorite if the opponent wasn't able to shielddrop, it actually does the same damage as the default despite the description.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Lets be honest Lavani who other than a Jigglypuff player who would be dumb enough to chase MK off stage? They tend to wait at the ledge cause they know he can teleport.

HSD dominates Rosalina and improves his options in neutral. Kata said it can cause SD but i don't use Mach Tornado as much as him. Its all down to preference though, i reset to neutral more than i need to so i go with 1211 and the people i go against never follow me off stage.

His defaults invalidates a lot of customs i kid you not, only WFT,Palutina,DK, maybe Ike(haven't played one) seem to be different in terms of MU. He has no disadvantage state to take advantage of.

1111 and 1211 is the way to go. His other customs sucks sadly they made his defaults flow with his normals too much. :(

Little combo i did forgot to post it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmL...ment_id=z13yxxvqknrwfnfbm04cdpmwjvukvd1wtwc0k

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
@berserker01 do us forever alone peeps proud sis :'>

You won the thread today & it's only noon :O
Thanks. <3

Kinda do wish I went even further and added a "Now it's shulk time" and "Feeling it" joke in there somewhere but oh well.

I can't look at the Monado in a normal way ever again. Thanks for the support though
Anything to help. <3 (You're welcome. :p )

@berserker01, every time I see your Rin profile picture, because I also used to have her as my pic, I always hesitate thinking I posted something hahaha.

Good luck in getting a date with your girl in mind!

... not that I need you or anything.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Lets be honest Lavani who other than a Jigglypuff player who would be dumb enough to chase MK off stage? They tend to wait at the ledge cause they know he can teleport.

HSD dominates Rosalina and improves his options in neutral. Kata said it can cause SD but i don't use Mach Tornado as much as him. Its all down to preference though, i reset to neutral more than i need to so i go with 1211 and the people i go against never follow me off stage.

His defaults invalidates a lot of customs i kid you not, only WFT,Palutina,DK, maybe Ike(haven't played one) seem to be different in terms of MU. He has no disadvantage state to take advantage of.

1111 and 1211 is the way to go. His other customs sucks sadly they made his defaults flow with his normals too much. :(
Also he's slowly growing on me. I'm starting to think he's mid. But with customs he falls to low. I also have all customs. I have decent experience with all of them

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Also he's slowly growing on me.

I'm starting to think he's mid. But with customs he falls to low.

Yeah, that is true. There's no safely edgeguarding MK, haha

I haven't had the Tornado experiences he's mentioned happen yet, sometimes I accidentally input drill when I try to run into tornado though and that gets me killed with HSD whereas I can steer to safety with the default. I do think HSD is better for MUs with projectiles you need to bust through and the speed is probably generally safer for recovery, but I still prefer the default for the most part for the control you have over it. Might warm up to HSD if I use it more though, idk.

But yeah, I agree on 1111 and 1211 being the only worthwhile sets.
Sell your 3ds and buy a Wii U = Profit. Stop the suffering and cleanse yourself.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Yeah, that is true. There's no safely edgeguarding MK, haha

I haven't had the Tornado experiences he's mentioned happen yet, sometimes I accidentally input drill when I try to run into tornado though and that gets me killed with HSD whereas I can steer to safety with the default. I do think HSD is better for MUs with projectiles you need to bust through and the speed is probably generally safer for recovery, but I still prefer the default for the most part for the control you have over it. Might warm up to HSD if I use it more though, idk.

But yeah, I agree on 1111 and 1211 being the only worthwhile sets.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Also I think with no customs he slightly beats wii fit but with customs I think she slightly beats him. I'm really not bias, since the start I've thought that she was high.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I love how we have @ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd and @ warionumbah2 warionumbah2 who will defend their mains fiercely from the hungry wolves that claim their mains to be low tier.

Then we have us Zelda gorls who encourage other people to think that she is god awful lol. ;^)

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I love how we have @ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd and @ warionumbah2 warionumbah2 who will defend their mains fiercely from the hungry wolves that claim their mains to be low tier.

Then we have us Zelda gorls who encourage other people to think that she is god awful lol. ;^)
I really don't defend my mains. Outside of Sonic I really don't think they are anything special and apparently Sonic is 3rd on everyone's list

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I really don't defend my mains. Outside of Sonic I really don't think they are anything special and apparently Sonic is 3rd on everyone's list
Because there's not to defend about Brain Cancer. :^)

You might want to defend against that nickname though

If you think about it, Macchiato is like those philanderers who always sample and play around with his interests but never stays loyal. And to think he's only 13 15.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Because there's not to defend about Brain Cancer. :^)

You might want to defend against that nickname though

If you think about it, Macchiato is like those philanderers who always sample and play around with his interests but never stays loyal. And to think he's only 13 15.
No I'm pretty loyal to wii fit and zelda. No matter how much I switch I always end up back to them. lol

Also Sweeping SS ourprioritizes EVERY FREAKING PROJECTILE AND MOST MOVES. I love it

warionumbah2

Smash Master

I am a knight. Doc legit sucks tho MK doesn't.

For real if i don't say nothing everyone will get this mind set that MK is 'low tier'. I did this in the competitive thread when people slap him on mid tier just cause.

Now you got people placing him higher, tournament results of solo maining him and beating top tiers. When you say 'MK sucks' in your room i will be under your bed i swear it.

I ask for reasons and i get 'range' or 'range' lol.

Lemme see

Characters I main(ed) who I think is AT LEAST MID::4kirby::4jigglypuff::4marth::4palutena::4peach::4wiifit::4metaknight::4zelda::4shulk::4ness::4pit::4link::4villager::4tlink:

Character I main(ed) who I think are broken AF::rosalina::4zss::4sheik::4pikachu:

Character I main(ed) who I think are low or below::4bowserjr::4gaw::4myfriends::4littlemac::4lucina::4samus::4drmario:(sorry @ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd )
Tell me, whats holding MK back from not being high tier? let daddy kno.

Last edited:

Potpourri

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2921-9942-8562
The great thing about playing Zelda on For Shame is that nobody knows how to go against her. Today I think I convinced about 5 people that she's one of the most broken characters in the game lol (seriously farores + nayru spam is a stupid good formula for victory on wifi).

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
No I'm pretty loyal to wii fit and zelda. No matter how much I switch I always end up back to them. lol

Also Sweeping SS ourprioritizes EVERY FREAKING PROJECTILE AND MOST MOVES. I love it
The only book you would be considered loyal in is Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Top Bottom