• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soul.

I know someone plays Mario here. (Gee, I wonder why. :p)

I can smell the mushrooms... Oh crap. Seizure Warning!

Anyway, link to the thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-falco-match-up-discussion-01-mario-redux-edition.392988/.

The original thread was locked and the new thread was created to separate Mario and Dr. Mario. It would have been messy to discuss them together.
inb4:
"60:40 in Mario's favor. Mario can combo Falco from 0 to a KO with his low lag moves"

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Thanks @ FullMoon FullMoon and @ Fernosaur Fernosaur I will try my best ;_;

@Macchiato If I can magically get over my wifi nerves tonight or early tomorrow, I may attend. Thank you for the link, sis
I actually have loads of fun playing with my bf and siblings in teams agains the CPU. We tend to set our handicap to 50% at least and every time we win, we up the HC by 10%. If we lose, the first one to die takes their HC down by 10%. It's a "game over" if we reach anything below 50.

We could try that out if you want! At least to warm you up for online play. It's still not at all like practicing with humans, but it could work against the anxiety in the meantime.

Spirst

inb4:
"60:40 in Mario's favor. Mario can combo Falco from 0 to a KO with his low lag moves"
70:30 Mario's favor. Mario can combo Falco from 0 to a KO with his low lag moves. If that wasn't enough, he can do attacks and reflect Falco's lasers with his cape adn cann even reflet the reflector!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
inb4:
Or, "45:55 against Mario. Why? 'Cause I played Mario for a long time, how long? I can't say, but it's long, and therefore, I know what I'm talking about." :p

Seriously, he knows his stuff, but I don't get why he rips on Mario so much. Every time I see him post about other characters, he's informative and pretty cool to hang around... And then the ugly, red beast rears its head. Such a shame...

I might restart the Mega Man thread later on to include the info that I have (and shameless copy and paste) for each thread. Knowing what attacks come out faster is helpful, but if I could, adding KO percents would be great, but that would take way too long since each character dies differently. Pit dies to Falco's Up Smash at 130%, but Ike would die later. Hmm... I should add damage, but it might become too cluttered and people probably know their character's damage per move.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
That's pretty awesome. Wish I could give 2 likes. Not biased of course :p

The Substitute was a cute idea.
I was doing nothing with the first bomb so I figured I'd at least try to do something ninja-like. I actually mistimed the Substitute twice while trying to get that video done =P

Soul.

Or, "45:55 against Mario. Why? 'Cause I played Mario for a long time, how long? I can't say, but it's long, and therefore, I know what I'm talking about." :p

Seriously, he knows his stuff, but I don't get why he rips on Mario so much. Every time I see him post about other characters, he's informative and pretty cool to hang around... And then the ugly, red beast rears its head. Such a shame...

I might restart the Mega Man thread later on to include the info that I have (and shameless copy and paste) for each thread. Knowing what attacks come out faster is helpful, but if I could, adding KO percents would be great, but that would take way too long since each character dies differently. Pit dies to Falco's Up Smash at 130%, but Ike would die later. Hmm... I should add damage, but it might become too cluttered and people probably know their character's damage per move.
Make a Pikachu MU thread for Falco :troll:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
got downb 2

this looks bad enough from the description that I'm not even going to try it and just assume it's crap

one custom remaining each for :4zss::4darkpit::4pit::4kirby::4pikachu::4ness::4olimar::4shulk::4sonic: but I don't want to play any of those characters, help what do

90:10 imo

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I actually have loads of fun playing with my bf and siblings in teams agains the CPU. We tend to set our handicap to 50% at least and every time we win, we up the HC by 10%. If we lose, the first one to die takes their HC down by 10%. It's a "game over" if we reach anything below 50.

We could try that out if you want! At least to warm you up for online play. It's still not at all like practicing with humans, but it could work against the anxiety in the meantime.
I used to do that with a friend of mine who played Smash casually back in Brawl just for fun. We didn't mess around with the handicap though. I don't mind, might be amusing...
I just maybe um maybe might be willing to tackle the wifi terror tonight. So um my nnid is Mocha151 and I'm going to go hide now ty. Or unless you meant another time, that's cool too.

I was doing nothing with the first bomb so I figured I'd at least try to do something ninja-like. I actually mistimed the Substitute twice while trying to get that video done =P
If you timed the substitute to the side, wouldn't it technically send Greninja flying toward the targets themselves? That would be hilarious, and now makes me want to give it a try.

Last edited:

Soul.

got downb 2

this looks bad enough from the description that I'm not even going to try it and just assume it's crap

one custom remaining each for :4zss::4darkpit::4pit::4kirby::4pikachu::4ness::4olimar::4shulk::4sonic: but I don't want to play any of those characters, help what do

90:10 imo
You are forced to play Pikachu. It is mandatory to learn the ways of Pikachu, lest you want to only use one QA (lol quick feet) and master the ways of custom Ike as your other option (not recommended :troll:)
that MU ratio is pretty accurate

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I used to do that with a friend of mine who played Smash casually back in Brawl just for fun. We didn't mess around with the handicap though. I don't mind, might be amusing...
I just maybe um maybe might be willing to tackle the wifi terror tonight. So um my nnid is Mocha151 and I'm going to go hide now ty. Or unless you meant another time, that's cool too.
Oh... I'm sorry I meant another time oTL. I'll be dead busy with work until the 5th.

Although I could ask my boyfriend if he wants to play with you! He's a super casual player and he likes to play teams too. You want me to ask?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Oh... I'm sorry I meant another time oTL. I'll be dead busy with work until the 5th.

Although I could ask my boyfriend if he wants to play with you! He's a super casual player and he likes to play teams too. You want me to ask?
All goods, nah I can wait some other time, don't have to go through that trouble for me. Thank you though :]

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
All goods, nah I can wait some other time, don't have to go through that trouble for me. Thank you though :]
Yeah sorry for sounding like I was all free and ****, haha. I'll add you, though! Let's make it a "date" to play on the 5th? Deal? :)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
You are forced to play Pikachu. It is mandatory to learn the ways of Pikachu, lest you want to only use one QA (lol quick feet) and master the ways of custom Ike as your other option (not recommended :troll:)
that MU ratio is pretty accurate
I'll take the custom Ike route ty

He seems to value reward on hit quite a bit. Mario's damage per hit and damage from a combo string like dthrow>utilt>uair is pretty lacking, and he doesn't kill without a read around 120%+, so from that perspective I can see where he's coming from. In a similar vein, it explains his thoughts on Ganondorf quite a bit too.

If you timed the substitute to the side, wouldn't it technically send Greninja flying toward the targets themselves? That would be hilarious, and now makes me want to give it a try.
Nah, you can't get off the platform yourself.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I get this feeling a lot myself. I think it's a combination of not wanting to play with lag online and worrying about making a fool of yourself in front of others (even though FG is really the last place you should worry about something like that).

I should probably just start finding other people to play with, there's much more opportunity to learn when playing with someone you can get feedback from + being able to pick stages other than FD, customs, etc.
We should battle sometime, I'm getting a lot more experience on my 3DS than on my WiiU.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Yeah sorry for sounding like I was all free and ****, haha. I'll add you, though! Let's make it a "date" to play on the 5th? Deal? :)
You're fine, I was all... yay, going to get over wifi fears tonight. Instead I feel relieved, and I shouldn't xD

I'll try to see if I can work it out on the 5th. Welp, is it leap year this month or not? -goes to look-

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Get in line, I still have @Macchiato's request for Palutena, Blue Ninjakoopa's request for ROB, the Falcos request for Sheik, and now you. :p

Technically, _Magus_'s request for Ganondorf too, but I wanted to make a discussion on him anyway. Hmm, I might have Ganondorf be #13, Pit #14, and Dark Pit #41 as a mirror... Wow, that would take forever...

Edit: I love this. :laugh:

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I think people are just sleeping.

Speaking of fitness, I tried to do pushups the other day and I managed 15.

How unimpressive, so I've made it a goal to be able to do 100 consecutive pushups thanks to training guides I've read on the net.

I'm not sure how helpful this will be but day 2 is tomorrow so...
So, how's the push-up regimen been going so far @Aeralfos you're halfway there, hopefully the hurricane hasn't stopped your routine.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
We should battle sometime, I'm getting a lot more experience on my 3DS than on my WiiU.
I'd be cool with that.

Who all do you play?

Pit #14, and Dark Pit #41 as a mirror... Wow, that would take forever...
Are these two even going to have a different matchup against Falco? I don't foresee the different arms, arrows or ftilt having any significant relevance.

Speaking of Pits,

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Why does Yoshi have like NO end lag on anything again?

I actually went on FG again and ran into this really good Yoshi. Long range was egg spam, mid and close range were dtilts, spaced fairs, and jabs, with a lot of B-Reversed Egg Lays to take any stage control I had away. This guy royally kicked my ***. I tried pretty much every char of mine and still got destroyed. I got destroyed slightly less badly with Zelda though. :awesome: He actually used his tag to request her, lol.

Anyway Eggs and Jab are so stupid. Maybe I was just playing like an idiot, but my opinion of Yoshi has skyrocketed (it was already good anyway but it's even better now).

EDIT: Not to mention that I baited like 9999237509739 airdodges yet couldn't punish with anything good because lolyoshiairspeed.

EDIT 2: Also why don't any of our combos work on him >_>. And jumping super armor is annoying as f.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I really need to look into Yoshi's frame data sometime, even after having multiple things slowed down after 1.0.4 he still seems surprisingly quick compared to a lot of characters.

Like compare his usmash's end lag with Fox's lol

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Are these two even going to have a different matchup against Falco? I don't foresee the different arms, arrows or ftilt having any significant relevance.
Probably not, but knowing people, they'll complain about how Marth, Lucina, Mario, and Dr. Mario get separate threads, but Pit and Dark Pit don't. So, might as well. Plus, it means I don't have to deal with Dark Edgy McEdger Edge-Edge "Pittoo" Pit until way later. :p

Luigi's going to be #22 by the way since, well, it's a reference to how you'd unlock him in previous games.

DAMN IT! I just checked Mewtwo's number! Why wasn't Mewtwo in the game by default?! Now I can't have Mewtwo as discussion #15 which is the closest thing to #150 in this game! Yeesh, imagine 150 playable characters. Oh wait, Mugen. Yep, it means infinity all right.

I guess Pikachu will have to be #25, then. :p

Jigglypuff for #39, Lucario for either #44 or #48 - Lucario's #448, and Charizard fo- ****! Who the hell was 06?! Oh, right, Samus!

Greninja unfortunately can't have a reference like that because Greninja's #658. I guess I'll have to find something froggy and ninja-y to reference with Greninja.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
ninja

nin

nine

ez :substitute:
09's Yoshi. Yeah, the other, long-tongued galoot took Greninja's spot. Maybe next time you should request stuff. :p

Anyway, for Yoshi's frame data: this is the basic stuff and a comparison to Falco from the Yoshi MU discussion. There's also this really basic one in the Yoshi boards: http://smashboards.com/threads/yoshi-frame-and-misc-data-thread-wip.391441/.
Move Hit Frames|:4falco:|:4yoshi:
Jab|2-4, 5-7, 8-12, 13-17, 18-22, (infinite), 23-24|3-4, 10-11
Dash Attack|8-11 or 12-17|10-12 or 13-20
Ftilt|6-8|5-7 or 6-8 (angled up or down)
Utilt|5-9, 12-16|8-15
Dtilt|7-9|8-10
Side Smash|17-19 or 20-20|14-14
Up Smash|8-12, 14-19|11-13 or 14-16
Down Smash|7-9|7-8 or 22-23
Nair|3-5, 6-9, 14-17, 21-23|3-4 or 5-11 or 12-25
Fair|12-17, 18-23, 24-29, 30-34, 35-36|16-20
Bair|4-5 or 7-11|11-11, 17-17, 25-26
Uair|10-14|5-6
Dair|16-18 or 19-31|26 to 32 (6 hits), 40 to 47 (7 hits), 41-41
Grab|8-9|14-24
Dash Grab|10-11|11-21
Pivot Grab|11-12|10-19

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I've taken up a new hobby in going on For Glory and sandbagging on not too good players and then getting a read to KO them. The number of rage quits and name tag changes to "u suck" I've experienced is quite entertaining :secretkpop:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh, I didn't know Yoshis had a frame data thread. Thanks!

God that jab has the lowest end lag of every jab I've looked at so far
Dash Attack's actually pretty laggy, but I guess it's active for awhile...49f is a huge commitment though.
46f is honestly really good for a usmash like that; for comparison Greninja's old usmash was around 42f and started a frame later
That grab is BAD
jeez egg lay is active 21f? end lag isn't as bad as the regular grab and it can be B-reversed with that crazy air speed, but jeez that's notably slower than even Nosferatu and Flame Choke

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh, I didn't know Yoshis had a frame data thread. Thanks!

God that jab has the lowest end lag of every jab I've looked at so far
Make that,
"Oh, I didn't know *insert any character* had a frame data thread. Thanks!"

It's worse when it's a reality like Ike not having a frame data thread... Why does nobody like Ike? :sadeyes:

Welp, it's going to be a long time - May or June - when I start Ike's and maybe someone else will do it by then. I'm still working on Falco's. I need KO percents and to add some descriptions. The ledge attack and get up attack things... Eh, I might take that post out. Also, gifs or images about Falco's moves.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'd be cool with that.

Who all do you play?

Speaking of Pits,

I play Zelda and Zelda and Sonic and Zelda and Lucina.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I play Zelda and Zelda and Sonic and Zelda and Lucina.
I'm sorry, but could you run that down again. Who were they again? Marth, Jack Black, Frank Sinatra, and Coolio? I'm not sure if any of them are in the game, especially Marth who I think is Martha Stewart with her hair dyed blue. :p

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'm sorry, but could you run that down again. Who were they again? Marth, Jack Black, Frank Sinatra, and Coolio? I'm not sure if any of them are in the game, especially Marth who I think is Martha Stewart with her hair dyed blue. :p
I honestly can't tell if you're joking or if you just had a stroke.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
SORRY FOR THE SUDDEN DISCUSSION CHANGE BUT I'M SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW

This picture is going viral because people are conflicted whether or not this dress is black and blue... OR white and gold. My brother, father and I said the former, but my mom and apparently 75% of the world say it's the latter....

HELP

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I honestly can't tell if you're joking or if you just had a stroke.
A brother can't make a joke. Fine, I'll leave with my crappy jokes. :glare:

This picture is going viral because people are conflicted whether or not this dress is black and blue... OR white and gold. My brother, father and I said the former, but my mom and apparently 75% of the world say it's the latter....

HELP
Really? It's freaking gold and white... Are your brother and father colorblind? Serious question, but I don't think being colorblind would make black to white and gold/yellow to blue.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196

HELP
White and gold.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

HELP
what part of that is supposed to look black

It looks white and gold to me, though the lighting makes the white part look a little bluish

EDIT: because I can and I'm bored:

anyone ?!?!?
I'm not sure what "is it worth it" is supposed to mean

Last edited:
Top Bottom