• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
speaking of custom windboxes

i'm toying around with ike in training now

if i could use 222x ike everywhere I would seriously devote time to learning this character, Aether Drive/Tempest/Close Combat make him a brand new character

I don't think Squall is broken, and it's still unsure if customs will be legal, but if they are Squall might change Zelda's playstyle in a custom environment a lot.
Pretty much this; using it changes up how she plays a lot, but I can't possibly see it being worth giving up FW. I think at best it could be a sidegrade, maybe a matchup specific choice with the tech being discovered (for example, you could send Mac flying off the ledge and possibly kill him if he were going for a ledge cancel jab > KO Punch).

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
>Playing Allstar mode trying to get customs so I can do Squall testing
>Teleports in place to get reappearing hit for a KO
>Villager waters me on the disappearing hit
>Gets pushed closer to the edge and I die by teleporting off stage

I don't know whether to laugh or be angry omg

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'm kinda glad that nobody is following me, nor has written on my profile. Still a virgin gorls. :^)

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

M-Macchiato, I-I.... you just took it from me s-so f-fast, I-I just w-wasn't r-ready--

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Now for my All-Star story.

I was trying to beat it without using health items, and I was playing on the Garden of Hope. There was only me and Villager left, that giant crab thing showed up and Villager was on one of the weight platforms. I chased after him but as soon as I jumped after him, suddenly the weight platform bolted upwards at lightning speed and killed Villager. I didn't die because I just happened to have been hanging on the ledge of the platform.

So yeah. Lucky frog.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Does anyone know how to unlock customs fast on the Wii U version? I only have them unlocked on the 3DS version but I can't test with two people on the 3DS sooo...
Home run contest is also a good option.
Just do it with the character you want customs for and keep resetting until you get a wrench. Its usually a new custom for the character.
Crazy orders work nicely as well.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Can anyone get an elevator with Farore's Squall? I'm trying but the first hit always sends them up.
already posted but

EDIT: okay no I'm sticking with the webm version, 60fps is so much better

Oh, and apparently reverse Super Jump Punches are a thing for Dr. Mario
Yeah, the fact that it doesn't reverse until after the initial hitbox is really useful for edgeguarding, as well as making it safer on shield/whiff. It was one of the things that was giving me hope about Doc early in the game's life.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
rip bowser's *******

rip my ******* when i play bowser vs sheik too

although that guy was DI'ing badly though
I think he was unfamiliar with the MU since he had no control as Falco or Bowser against Sheik. Meanwhile in Kato's match against A Thug's Toon Link, he had more control, especially with Falco: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4uQTbkfpvo.

Dr. Mario's prostate exam, though. :laugh:

Last edited:

Alias

Smash Apprentice
im calling it now, in the next SSB you can toggle between all customs in-game.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hahahahaha, the commentators actually call Palutena: Palutuna and Pale Tuna. They even say "gorl" once! Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osh8shAdXRc.

I should be doing homework, but it's hilarious! :laugh:

Edit: They called her Palenta like polenta, the food! :joyful:

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Hahahahaha, the commentators actually call Palutena: Palutuna and Pale Tuna. They even say "gorl" once! Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osh8shAdXRc.

I should be doing homework, but it's hilarious! :laugh:

Edit: They called her Palenta like polenta, the food! :joyful:
I nicknamed Palutena "Palentona" because of some Spanish wordplay.

"Lentona" means "slowish," so she got that nickname and everyone in my circles call her like that :'D

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I nicknamed Palutena "Palentona" because of some Spanish wordplay.

"Lentona" means "slowish," so she got that nickname and everyone in my circles call her like that :'D
I like the nickname :). I'll start calling Palutena that instead of overrated 'PaleTuna' :laugh:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Photoshop crashed on me and corrupted the file I was working on. I just lost all day's worth of progress :'D Yay.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Don't know if you guys have seen this, but for anyone looking to learn how to use Lightning Kicks Zelda .

Great video.

It's the little things that are awesome. At 3:52, the perfect FW reaction to an attempted roll read. This gorl's got the micromovements down to a tee.

Uthrow > FW is quite underrated. Nice kill option from 105-115% (varies by character).

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Uthrow > FW is quite underrated. Nice kill option from 105-115% (varies by character).
I haven't really tried using this very much. I'm afraid they're gonna DI and I'm gonna leave myself too open. I suppose if you get a good DI read it's useful. I'll try it more in FG (where losses don't really matter too much)

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
I haven't really tried using this very much. I'm afraid they're gonna DI and I'm gonna leave myself too open. I suppose if you get a good DI read it's useful. I'll try it more in FG (where losses don't really matter too much)
You don't have to read the DI, you can actually react to it. You perform the Uthrow and then you do Farore's.

It's not like the elevator (although, Nairo has said you can react to an elevator DI in time to land the reappearance hitbox; sounds like something only he'd be able to do lol).

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Omg Philoz those d-throw reads and strings. That was such a good fight. My internet coughed up during the last stock and I didn't get to see the final kill, but I think it was a down smash , right? You 100% ****ed that kid up :D

Top Bottom