• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
that dthrow>bair airdodge punish was so good

that upB read was even better

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Lolzors thanks for being cheerleaders, gorls. ;)

I think my opponents will get tougher since that was only losers round 3 or something lololol.

But I'll give a shoutout when the stream is up again. X3

D

Deleted member

I wish I could participate in online tourneys but I don't have a Wii U and there aren't any 3DS tourneys :c

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Lolzors thanks for being cheerleaders, gorls. ;)

I think my opponents will get tougher since that was only losers round 3 or something lololol.

But I'll give a shoutout when the stream is up again. X3
Yeah I'll be straight up honest and say that Kirby wasn't very good but man your kills were all 100% hype. The air dodge baits and that last Farore's read were all amazing. You my girl now.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Alright, mark those calendars. 8PM PST tomorrow, same stream, I'll be up again, haha. XD

Get those pom-poms ready.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Alright, mark those calendars. 8PM PST tomorrow, same stream, I'll be up again, haha. XD

Get those pom-poms ready.
Yay, Amagi Brilliant Park. I call the redhead, Salama! I like redheads. Embarrass

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I used Samus in allstar. If you think Zelda is a bad character with little kill power and opponents fall out of her attacks, wait until you try Samus. :facepalm:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I used Samus in allstar. If you think Zelda is a bad character with little kill power and opponents fall out of her attacks, wait until you try Samus. :facepalm:
All Star is terrible for that. Though I question why you'd bother using any move besides D-tilt to begin with.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Small update, girls.

Squall seems to really mess up with Diddy's aerial strings after a D-throw, and it DEFINITELY destroys Ness's strings. Also his recovery is incredibly easy to gimp with Squall.

However, Sheik's fair strings are impossible to stop with Squall, as are Rosalina's U-air strings. The initial windbox doesn't seem to affect Luma at all, but the reappearing hitbox does put Luma in a helpless state until he touches the ground. As Lavani mentioned, by reappearing close to the ledge when they are hanging, they're popped up and set up for a fair or usmash. There are more interesting things we can test out....

Peach's shield pressure can also be broken and escaped from by using Squall OoS.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
All Star is terrible for that. Though I question why you'd bother using any move besides D-tilt to begin with.
I was trying to get a feel for how each character plays. Even Dtilt had lackluster KO power. :/

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Up to 29F in EO2

it's really dumb when FOEs get first strike and just instant party wipe before I even get my turn

running Ronin/Troubadour/Medic Hexer/Gunner, deeply considering dropping one or both of Gunner or Troub for a Survivalist and maybe a Dark Hunter; Gunner's damage isn't holding up well particularly considering she's always moving last and is thus useless in 95% of random encounters, and Troub's buffs are useful but a Surv could just toss Bravants around while also bringing unique utility in 1st Turn, Stalker, Ambush, and Sagacity; Troub buffing the entire party at once as well as having a status resistance buff are very lovely perks though, and I'm not eager to grind up a new character + get new gear for them. Decisions...

/dearEOdiary

EDIT: Talked it over some with other friends, probably changing out Troub for Surv and not going anywhere near Dark Hunter. Troubadour buffs are cool, but Survivalists contribute more unique benefits to a party.

Last edited:
I main Shulk/Mario now. Mario is awesome in this game. I'll never understand what the **** A2 is talking about. I have also have Diddy as a troll character

/deardiary

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 Good luck man :)

Dumb question but what's Farore's Squall? I'm using an IPad for SWF so I'm too lazy to browse....
Non-damaging upB with a windbox that comes out frame 1 and persists through the teleport; ends with a stronger windbox on reappear as well as a 0 damage hitbox closer to Zelda.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I was trying to get a feel for how each character plays. Even Dtilt had lackluster KO power. :/
D-tilt got nerfed to near Zelda U-tilt levels. The only reason I suggest it is for Multi-Man Smash/All Star, where it remains her best launcher at higher %

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I main Shulk/Mario now. Mario is awesome in this game. I'll never understand what the **** A2 is talking about. I have also have Diddy as a troll character

/deardiary
Now go money match A2 with mario
D-tilt got nerfed to near Zelda U-tilt levels. The only reason I suggest it is for Multi-Man Smash/All Star, where it remains her best launcher at higher %
Imo utilt was a buffed, it's really just preference

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
He knows more about :4mario: than anyone. Heck, he knew more about him before he even had the game! You know, from analyzing videos and comparing him to previous incarnations.

Also, he thinks :4zelda: is mid-tier.

He knows more about :4mario: than anyone. Heck, he knew more about him before he even had the game! You know, from analyzing videos and comparing him to previous incarnations.
He also thinks Mario is a bad character for whatever reason. I feel bad for HeroMystic. lol

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hello girls.... Sorry I haven't been around, I decided to go back to Gerudo Desert, among kiling doing other things.

But worry not, your Uncle Ganondorf has brought you a gift that he obtained in his travels.
It is an interview about Zelda Wii U.
Alright, so it isn't the full interview just yet, as my Moblins haven't completed their quest yet, but it will soon come. In the meantime, we got some stellar details about Zelda Wii U.

Aonuma said:
"A huge, seamlessly unfolding world is something that can't be achieved if the hardware isn't advanced enough," he responded when asked how the studio was transitioning to the new world teased in last year's demo. "Ever since we made the very first generation of Legend of Zelda games though, we've had as large a world as can be realised with the hardware, so you could say it was inevitable that we've now done the same with the new Wii U title."
Aonuma said:
"When I first showed off the new Zelda game on the Wii U, it seemed everyone was very excited and started proclaiming that a Zelda game had at last become open world! Zelda games have always allowed you to roam and explore a huge world.

"What's changed now is that the hardware has progressed to the point that you can now explore this vast world seamlessly; the underpinning of the game hasn't changed."
Aonuma said:
"Recently, I've taken to relying on the map on my smart phone when I'm out walking in a place I'm not familiar with. A map isn't something you keep tucked away in your bag, it's by holding it in your hand and being able to constantly check it as you move forward step by step that gives you that sense of adventure."

Last edited:
Top Bottom