• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It did get linked here without too much conversation awhile back; he posted it on the Character Competitive Impressions thread as well when he first made it.

My only real gripe with the list is that Ike should be B imo, but he himself said he wasn't confident in Ike belonging down there too.

The Peach optimism is interesting; I wouldn't be surprised to see her end up there at some point though, she's a character that's still mostly untapped and her range/kill power are silly.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
How is the Captain only 15?
Very linear approach, easy to gimp, no disjoints or projectiles

imo he's in the same situation as melee Falcon where he'll be the worst best character, just on the fringes of whatever the top tier ends up looking like.

I'm fairly certain that Peach vs Rosalina is in Rosa's favor, so I'd also like to know why he thinks she's so high (even above Rosalina)
I've heard 50:50 from players of both sides

---

I also find Mario over Luigi somewhat interesting, but with the better airspeed among other things I can see the rationale.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I haven't fought any good Peach either, but yeah her kill power definitely got a big boost, and her shield pressure is even better than it was in Brawl imo. Her f-smash being more reliable is also a good thing for her.

I think Baby Bowser should be in viable, though. His aerials and juggling are like Squirtle level good.

Last edited:

Marie Antoinette

Smash Apprentice
The -only- thing i miss about brawl peach was her auto-cancelled fair into jab. I feel her fair in this game is way too unsafe and predictable. Ive been meaning to pick her up more and really develop some muscle memory with precise nairs and throw follow-ups, ditto with sheik but my attention span has been ughhhh

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
The -only- thing i miss about brawl peach was her auto-cancelled fair into jab. I feel her fair in this game is way too unsafe and predictable. Ive been meaning to pick her up more and really develop some muscle memory with precise nairs and throw follow-ups, ditto with sheik but my attention span has been ughhhh
It's actually really safe due to its huge range and shield stun. It is predictable but very strong. Her Usmash kills ZSS at 65% sweetspotted like with no rage.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
KO moves in general got this treatment, specially aerials except for Diddy and Sheik ofc. Most moves that are powerful are very laggy when landing. The knee, LKs, the crown, etc.

Marie Antoinette

Smash Apprentice
Her usmash is a godsend yeah, and so much easier to land. And the frying pan is soooo good, especially when it's raging (ALWAYS)

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
claiming page 458. will try to edit in a funny gif and/or a dear diary entry or something later

EDIT: i honestly thought the post after @CPU3 would land on the next page D: Leaving the original post here for EVERYONE TO SEE and consume my embarassment

EDIT2: would've been :4greninja:'d by @ Lavani Lavani -- so much salty self-direspect ;__;
better then editing after taking a new page.
So has anyone discussed Dabuz's tier list yet, or am I late?

that's cute
he thinks palutuna is a worse zelda. You lose a lot validity from me if you can't build a tier list from the ground up

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Peach is one of those characters I really love and try to play but then I just
-tries to float nair oos-
-shields and accidentally spotdodges-
-dies from an fsmash-

Oh and @ Lavani Lavani I just watched a Peach vs Rosa and now I can agree with you that it's 50:50.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I AM SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I FINALLY WAS READY TO GET A ****ING NEW 3DS DUE TO THE TRADE IN PROGRAM. WELL, NOW THEY DON'T HAVE AN NEW 3DS XL'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM READY...............

NINTENDO HAS MESSED UP TOO MANY TIMES. THINGS NEED TO CHANGE AROUND HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NINTENDO, QUIT SCREWING UP THESE.
IF YOU FOR GOD SAKES MESS WITH ZELDA WII U WITH STUPIDLY LIMITED MERCHANDISE I WILL GRAB BILL TRINNEN BY HIS THROAT AND CRUSH THE LIFE OUT OF HIM!!!!!!!!
GANONDORF IS VERY UPSET RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
what makes it more infuriating was that i clicked all those spoilers despite the fact i could just click edit and see what you wrote

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Up to 23F.

Could make it a 1 day clear, but 23+24F suck so much I feel like taking a break.

Why is Stratum 5 so eye-blindingly bright? Literally my biggest complaint about EO2.

what makes it more infuriating was that i clicked all those spoilers despite the fact i could just click edit and see what you wrote
I enjoyed reading this while scrolling down to see what it said after clicking Reply.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Lavani you totally have to play Etrian IV and see how fast you can finish it. If you can one-day run it I'm going to give you 20 bucks. No joke.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Ike is one of those characters I want to play cause I see everyone play him wrong, but he's also hard ><
Ike is one of those characters I want to play because he looks good/fun in this game, but I'm really bad at him.

I also hate his recovery without customs on, being able to go deep to edgeguard is one of my must-have qualities on a character. I should probably just accept that he's the sort of character I should just enjoy watching more than the type of character I should try to play myself.

His bair is the thing dreams are made of, though.
Agreed, although i found him easy to play, it might just be the fact that i had tons of Brawl practice with him and i typically use the Swordsmen alooooooooot. Alot of people tend to commend me on having a great Ike actually, it makes me really wonder if it's really that uncommon to find a good one, lol. I've basically learned how far he can go safely off stage when it comes to gimping, so i'm not too hung up on that, Aether Drive would help with that though.

Yeah. Talking about Cowboy Bebop got me wanting to watch it again. That and taking some time to play the Bravely Default demo again.

I can't really tell which my favorite anime is... it probably varies based on how I'm feeling. Cowboy Bebop, FMA brotherhood, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo, or Prince of Tennis (lololol). Kuroko no Basuke would be up there and I love it, but I know too much about basketball to enjoy it without questioning how absurd it is.

Go ahead and add me and we can play sometime. :)

Edit: Inuyasha maybe. Kagoomeeeeeeee~
I still have yet to watch Kenshin, i heard it's great, saw an episode a week ago and it interests me.

Kagome's awesome, although i find the Kagome/Inuyasha/Kikyo love triangle ridiculously hilarious in hindsight.
Kagome's literally battling herself for Inuyasha's affection, Kikyo is just her previous incarnation with a splintered piece of their soul barely remaining as her life source. Makes me wonder how Kagome can be so kind and selfless and peppy, and yet so serious and mopey all at the same time. XD

@ Lavani Lavani No problemo, brormano.

Oh, I actually read the manga, so I know the story pretty well :). Maybe that's another reason I didn't really give it a chance after the first episode, although I did watch some of the later fights and the transition from paper to animation was wonderful.

As for the other series I mentioned, I wholeheartedly recomment them. Madoka Magica is one of the best works of fiction written in the last decade tbh, and I'd recommend it to people whether they liked animation or not. It's VERY well written.

Evangelion can be exhausting, and tbh the series is good but it's nothing mind blowing if you've read a bit about philosophy. However, End of Evangelion is a very good film. It has what I consider to be the best battle scene ever animated. That's 100% subjective though.
I watched the first 2 Rebuild of Evangelion films a couple months ago, they were really freaking good, i loved them. Still have yet to watch 3.0 and waiting for 4.0. I plan on watching the originals sometime in the future since i hear those are also good aswell.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Lavani you totally have to play Etrian IV and see how fast you can finish it. If you can one-day run it I'm going to give you 20 bucks. No joke.
Time to make $20

probably not, EO3 was two days for my first playthrough, and EO4's airship stuff sounds more time consuming than ocean exploration was

Marie Antoinette

Smash Apprentice
better then editing after taking a new page.
i wouldve pulled a gif, everyone loves gifs~

You know what we need? We need a fan art thread in this board. Rosaluma has one, we need one. where can we practice idolatry and worship our queen outside the social?

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I watched the first 2 Rebuild of Evangelion films a couple months ago, they were really freaking good, i loved them. Still have yet to watch 3.0 and waiting for 4.0. I plan on watching the originals sometime in the future since i hear those are also good aswell.
1.0 and 2.0 are good, yeah, but 3.0 is crap, hahaha. It's a waste of time unless you wanna look at incredibly pretty animation. But I guess you'll be the judge of that :p

Time to make $20

probably not, EO3 was two days for my first playthrough, and EO4's airship stuff sounds more time consuming than ocean exploration was
I'll give you 2 days then :D

I'm also 100% serious about this XD

You know what we need? We need a fan art thread in this board. Rosaluma has one, we need one. where can we practice idolatry and worship our queen outside the social?
You could make one!

Last edited:

Marie Antoinette

Smash Apprentice
You could make one!
I should. unlike the rosa and other character boards WE have real artists with real zelda art. In fact, anyone from the boards who brings in fan art made by themselves will be featured in the OP.

BTW I loved this woman from big hero which I watched the other day

all i could think of after the movie was HIIIIIIIIIRO-H

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I should. unlike the rosa and other character boards WE have real artists with real zelda art. In fact, anyone from the boards who brings in fan art made by themselves will be featured in the OP.

Honey and Gogo were my favorite characters :). Honey is too adorable.

And yeah! I mean I don't think there'd be anything wrong with a fanart thread? I have two pics of Zelda I could donate, haha.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

Amusingly enough she actually acts a lot like an OC I made once, except that instead of chemistry, she was more into engineering.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I AM SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I FINALLY WAS READY TO GET A ****ING NEW 3DS DUE TO THE TRADE IN PROGRAM. WELL, NOW THEY DON'T HAVE AN NEW 3DS XL'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM READY...............
NINTENDO HAS MESSED UP TOO MANY TIMES. THINGS NEED TO CHANGE AROUND HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NINTENDO, QUIT SCREWING UP THESE.
IF YOU FOR GOD SAKES MESS WITH ZELDA WII U WITH STUPIDLY LIMITED MERCHANDISE I WILL GRAB BILL TRINNEN BY HIS THROAT AND CRUSH THE LIFE OUT OF HIM!!!!!!!!
GANONDORF IS VERY UPSET RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think ganondorf gives too craps about 3ds' and how well stocked they are
It's like a snowman being upset he doesn't have enough firewood

not a bad idea
You seem to be very fixated on being a page-claim elitist. I assure you there's nothing wrong with using the edit function, mate.
A general sends his army into combat with a plan. Taking victory requires dedication, not luck, but if you wish to give the petty victory of page claims to one who has not planned for it be my guest...
You swine, I hope you die first on the battlefield

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I don't think ganondorf gives too craps about 3ds' and how well stocked they are
It's like a snowman being upset he doesn't have enough firewood
No, Ganondorf definitely cares, as Ganondorf needs to have his playtime, and he also wants to relish his seven years of world domination in 3D and on a big screen!
You know nothing of the ways of Ganondorf. You do not have the connection to Ganondorf that Ganondorf mains do.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
No, Ganondorf definitely cares, as Ganondorf needs to have his playtime, and he also wants to relish his seven years of world domination in 3D and on a big screen!
You know nothing of the ways of Ganondorf. You do not have the connection to Ganondorf that Ganondorf mains do.
I actually make an effort to play all heavies, you just sound like an upset 5 year old :p
and if we are talking smash ganon, then his whole to do list is:
  1. Disrespect
  2. Disrespect
  3. Taunt
  4. Disrespect
  5. Kick something
  6. Disrespect
  7. Disrespect
  8. Disrespect
  9. Don't use a weapon
  10. Disrespect
man what a connection

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I actually make an effort to play all heavies, you just sound like an upset 5 year old :p
  1. Disrespect
  2. Disrespect
  3. Taunt
  4. Disrespect
  5. Kick something
  6. Disrespect
  7. Disrespect
  8. Disrespect
  9. Don't use a weapon
  10. Disrespect
man what a connection
You forgot the most important thing:

11. Marvel at his sword

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
tfw he can finally use his sword with customs on

even if it's the most awkward animation for a sword thrust I've ever seen

Kippeh

The Priest
A general sends his army into combat with a plan. Taking victory requires dedication, not luck, but if you wish to give the petty victory of page claims to one who has not planned for it be my guest...
You swine, I hope you die first on the battlefield
I guess you aren't very dedicated then lmao

Lozjam

Smash Champion
  1. Disrespect
  2. Disrespect
  3. Taunt
  4. Disrespect
  5. Kick something
  6. Disrespect
  7. Disrespect
  8. Disrespect
  9. Don't use a weapon
  10. Disrespect
man what a connection
There is your problem right there. You merely see Ganondorf as just a character in a fighting game. This will not do.... Not one bit. You need to feel Ganondorf's presence and allow him to control you. Drop by the Ganondorf social sometime, if shown enough interest we can show the definitive truths of the world, and of the Goddesses.

Last edited:
Top Bottom