• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Using :4greninja: in lag makes me cry so hard. I don't know how you people do it ;-;
Try playing as Falco, lag utterly destroys him. At least Greninja has good mobility.

On the ledge attack meteor thing, the weird thing is that I don't remember a strong hit sound. It was like a glancing blow that pushed Bowser off. Hell, it looks like Triple D farted and Bowser was like "Nope, nope, nope. I'd rather die than smell that."

Spirst

Greninja in lag is completely ridiculous and I can never do anything right. I go Charizard instead so I can rely on the lag and throw out random flare blitzes and fsmashes and get away with it.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Disclaimer: Did not follow Brawl competitively at all... so I'm not Meta Knight'd out like most people are.
Yeah, same boat.

MK's one of my favorite Nintendo characters, so I do want to learn him, and he has all the tools I like having in a character anyway. It just...doesn't come together for me, for whatever odd reason. Possibly because he plays a lot differently than the character archetypes I'm used to, I dunno.

I still can't get over how strong his bair became after 1.0.4, it kills around the same percents Dedede's bair does now, but comes out 10 frames faster and lingers for longer (due to being multihit). Quite literally kills at 70% with red lightning in edgeguard scenarios.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ Lavani Lavani No problemo, brormano.

I've been wanting to get into Evangelion and I've heard good things of the others you listed, but only in passing. Mononoke though... love it.

FMA: B is soooo good though. Yeah, there's a lot of screaming... and action in the first episode. And to be honest, the first episode is pretty lame and wasn't in the original manga. They just wanted a full scale assault on the capital to show off alchemy. The story of FMA: B and the characters are really what make the show shine. The set pieces in terms of fighting are good too (comparable to Cowboy Bebop fights at times) but the complex plot will really get you thinking, especially if you don't know much about the story.

Edit: I wish I could use Greninja. I play against Spirst's all the time and I technically know what I'm supposed to be doing with him... but I can't make his moveset flow. I can't imagine trying that in lag.
Oh, I actually read the manga, so I know the story pretty well :). Maybe that's another reason I didn't really give it a chance after the first episode, although I did watch some of the later fights and the transition from paper to animation was wonderful.

As for the other series I mentioned, I wholeheartedly recomment them. Madoka Magica is one of the best works of fiction written in the last decade tbh, and I'd recommend it to people whether they liked animation or not. It's VERY well written.

Evangelion can be exhausting, and tbh the series is good but it's nothing mind blowing if you've read a bit about philosophy. However, End of Evangelion is a very good film. It has what I consider to be the best battle scene ever animated. That's 100% subjective though.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I put three more battles VS groan inducing characters for anyone trying to be even more disturbed by FG Links/Sonics interested! ^^

Search criteria :

• 2/11 - [FG1v1] Zelda (BJN39/Me) VS Link (Standard Palette) / Reset Bomb Forest [US]
• 2/11 - [FG1v1] Zelda (BJN39/Me) VS Link (Standard Palette) / Battlefield (Omega) [US]
• 2/11 - [FG1v1] Zelda (BJN39/Me) VS Sonic (Blue Palette) / Final Destination [US]

"Of course when your opponent is literally doing full stage rolling you look like you're rolling a lot less"

Spoiler Alert: Link gets what he deserved. ;)

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Anyone want to take a crack at explaining or testing this? I'm too lazy and I have stuff to do... Homework, why?

From the Falco, King of the Birds: Game Play Discussion.
So I don't really know where to put this but after watching Izaw's video- if
You get that dair cancel thing it looks like it has a lot of hitstun. And eventually sends opponents in the air. I don't play falco so I probably couldn't pull this off but why not follow up the dair with a footstool? He cancels his lag and his vertical movement is so fast and his dair creates so much hitstun... Couldn't he just dair footstool dair footstool until maybe the character gets hit away far enough from the dair that they have time to react? The start up May be difficult and it may not last forever, but wouldn't that make sense to be an infinite?
Also what happens if you footstool a character in hitstun before the percent range that they get sent off?

I'm probably saying something stupid cause idk the character at all but in my head it seems like this would work...
No?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
As for the other series I mentioned, I wholeheartedly recomment them. Madoka Magica is one of the best works of fiction written in the last decade tbh, and I'd recommend it to people whether they liked animation or not. It's VERY well written.
Speaking as someone that doesn't watch anime, I had some friends pressuring me to watch this for a solid 15 months before I finally caved in and checked it out, and it by far and away exceeded my expectations. Would also wholeheartedly recommend.
I will also admit that I may have shed a tear during a certain part of episode 10

D

Deleted member

Mopcina wishes she had a weave like this:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Speaking as someone that doesn't watch anime, I had some friends pressuring me to watch this for a solid 15 months before I finally caved in and checked it out, and it by far and away exceeded my expectations. Would also wholeheartedly recommend.
I will also admit that I may have shed a tear during a certain part of episode 10
@ Locke 06 Locke 06 THIS! Hahaha. Yeah tbh I don't consider myself someone who "watches anime" either. I've watched a lot because I'm into animation and fiction in general (I'm a concept artist after all), but I'm not the kind to be hunting for new animuz in crunchyroll etc. Humility aside, what I'm trying to say is that if I recommend an anime it's because it was mindblowing for a number of reasons, and Madoka Magica def does that.

Evangelion kinda did it for its time, and don't get me wrong, the series still holds itself pretty well in terms of writing, but the animation is terrible in most episodes and it can be very slow and exhasperating if you don't have a certain kind of empathy. However, the animation sucking is because they were on a very tight budget. It's actually very interesting to watch it for that reason, since they managed to do a LOT with very little. What's great about Eva is the movie though, End of Evangelion. You can watch the remakes if you want to see shiny animation with tons of budget, but End of is where it's at.

Also, watch Planetes!! If you liked Bebop, I'm pretty sure you'll like it.

I'll stop rambling now :'D

@Twili am I the king of this page? :yoshi64:

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Decided to get on Smash to play For Glory and contribute to the Mop. I forgot how wonderful Marth/Lucina play.

Foxtrot is liiifeeeee.

The foxtrot dancing is real. Oh man... I have spent way too long away from this character.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Madoka Magica is great bant yeah (Rebellion was pretty decent as well IMO)

I'm going to guess you aren't trumping her early enough in her ledgegrab. The sooner you grab the ledge compared to her, the sooner you can act after she's ejected.
OMQ that's a thing? :O

#thankyoubasedsis

Also lol HungryBox & Anthony Fantano collab thingy is weird AF get hyped

https://mobile.twitter.com/liquidhbox/status/565628807923896323

Jenny Death When

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Me with Meta Knight.

I played a bunch of matches with MK on FG the other day, and I was feeling like I was making some progress...until I barely lost to a really bad Sonic just because I couldn't figure out how to deal with his kit as MK; I JV3'd him with Rosalina afterward :/ Things like that really make me feel like I shouldn't be trying to learn the character...

It's really depressing when there's enough lag to even prevent the basic combos off of nair and dash attack. Really depressing.
Yew do know that Mach tornado beats his spindash right?

I'm already starting on Brooklyn 99 but I'm talking about animes here

I picked up Falco again. I shouldn't let one day of being **** with him affect me. I did way better but it's been a pain trying to get around his disadvantages

I also decided to pick up a new friendly main: Dr. Mario because he's basically a worse Mario (Hyperbole, sort of)

Last edited:
Morning everyone

Golden Time
Have you seen Psycho Pass?
Magi
The Devil is a Part-Timer
Duuuuude. I LOVED and watched Golden time. Hell, I had Koko as my avatar for a good while before switching to Edea to Elsa. It literally obliterated my expectations. I didn't expect the strong feels so I was emotionally exhausted for a while. LOL. Finished the anime in one day

I've heard about Psycho Pass. Idk about Devil is a Part-Timer

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Duuuuude. I LOVED and watched Golden time. Hell, I had Koko as my avatar for a good while before switching to Edea to Elsa. It literally obliterated my expectations. I didn't expect the strong feels so I was emotionally exhausted for a while. LOL. Finished the anime in one day

I've heard about Psycho Pass. Idk about Devil is a Part-Timer
A day? XD
The Devil is a Part Timer is pretty funny, it's also very short (about 17 episodes I think)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Yew do know that Mach tornado beats his spindash right?
Seemed to lose more often than win when I tried it.

Not to mention it has a ton of startup/end lag so it only works against predictable fullscreen spindashes. Even "pretty bad" Sonics will just jump out of their spindash or cancel into shield and then punish tornado end lag.

That isn't the only problem anyway, Sonic's normals outrange MK too and his general speed is just a pain in the ass to work around.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
List of anime to watch
> No Game No Life
> (REWATCH) Fate Stay Night

Need more anime. Suggestions?
Time to let my inner weeaboo out. :^)

- Steins;Gate (considered as one of the best out there in the sci-Fi genre)
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Magical girls series that's surprisingly not all sweets and rainbows)
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (philosophical slice of life/rom-com)
- Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun (Rom-com, but it's like 90% comedy haha)
- Your Lie in April (Feelsy Romance/Seinen that's airing right now)

And that's only just a few. I can name so much more if I want. And they may or may not contain potential waifus. :^)))

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Dood watch the Devil is a part timer then
That anime has a dere for everyon- most!
I second Devil is a part-timer. I really liked it myself. I really want them to make more of the light novels into episodes/seasons.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Casually infesting the place with animu stuffs. :^)

@ Berserker. Berserker. , are you watching the remake of Fate Stay Night that aired last fall and will continue this Spring?

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Sooooo hyped for Spring season this year~

Sound! Euphorium
Nisekoi 2nd Season
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU 2nd season
Fate Stay Night UBW 2nd season
Grisaia no Meikyuu (2nd season)

.... Just to name a few. :333

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
So..I'm assuming you guys have heard about the Rumored Twilight Princess 3DS Port, right?

Well, some people are obviously wishing it was on Wii U as an HD Remaster, which I can understand...but then there is this guy I've been arguing with about it.
He seems to be under the impression that Twilight Princess in HD would somehow end up looking like the E3 Tech Demo whereas I am certain it would look more akin to the DLC costumes from Hyrule Warriors, since HD Remasters usually just pretty up the textures to be high res, increase FPS if needed, make the game wide-screen, etc..but the games themselves always look the same, graphically, just with better textures and maybe a slight model tweak here or there..but that's it.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/r...xt-zelda-remake-on-new-3ds#comment-1849097680

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Decided to start yet another playthrough of Etrian Odyssey 2, since it's been awhile and I've still never actually done postgame.

I've forgotten a lot about this game sadly, but first stratum still only took a little over an hour with all the additional floundering around, so...yay?

Unsure what party comp I'm going to run this time, I think I'll likely just Hexer cheese the maingame then switch to something like
Ronin/Dark Hunter
Gunner/Hexer/Troubadour?
for 6th stratum. Haven't tried Troubadour or used much of Gunner yet, but I've heard good things.

So..I'm assuming you guys have heard about the Rumored Twilight Princess 3DS Port, right?

Well, some people are obviously wishing it was on Wii U as an HD Remaster, which I can understand...but then there is this guy I've been arguing with about it.
He seems to be under the impression that Twilight Princess in HD would somehow end up looking like the E3 Tech Demo whereas I am certain it would look more akin to the DLC costumes from Hyrule Warriors, since HD Remasters usually just pretty up the textures to be high res, increase FPS if needed, make the game wide-screen, etc..but the games themselves always look the same, graphically, just with better textures and maybe a slight model tweak here or there..but that's it.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/r...xt-zelda-remake-on-new-3ds#comment-1849097680
Wonder if they're really just going to keep porting Zelda games to the 3DS. I figured they would've stopped that trend after the N64 games. I suppose the New 3DS has the power for it, though.

You have the patience of a saint to argue with those people, ahaha. I'd have just left them to believe what they want, particularly when the supposed game hasn't even been announced yet.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

welcome to Zelda informer where we spread nothing but rumors/lies news! Do you have an article about this anywhere else?
A TP remake would be awkward with the recent wii titles coming to wii u
I think Nintendo also might want to just keep all the focus on the wii u zelda game coming out this year
not trying to shoot you down or anything but this seems fairly unrealistic of Nintendo

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
welcome to Zelda informer where we spread nothing but rumors/lies news! Do you have anarticle about this anywhere else?
A TP remake would be awkward with the recent wii titles coming to wii u
I think Nintendo also might want to just keep all the focus on the wii u zelda game coming out this year
not trying to shoot you down or anything but this seems fairly unrealistic of Nintendo
Except...Twilight Princess is primarily a GCN game.
The Wii version was a port.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Except...Twilight Princess is primarily a GCN game.
The Wii version was a port.
you're telling me prime trilogy didn't do something similar?
Either way there is no way too prove that Nintendo is or is not working on this project, but if anything ever comes from Zelda informer don't bet money on it

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Should I Valentines tourney or should I not. I'm going to need a flower to decide.

Top Bottom