• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Well overall it doesn't matter cause the point isn't to be winning all the time, it's to have fun. I don't see why it matters that much to you.
I think you and me have a different definition of fun, something I can live with and would be really happy to sleep with right about now...

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Realistically I probably won't be getting around to it for awhile. I want to finish EO2 and EO3's 6th strata since I never completed the postgame for either game (I got to the boss in EO3, but my party comp can't fight him and I don't want to grind a new party), and I want to finish EOU first (unlike 2/3, this game actually is taking me awhile).

Have you played 7th Dragon? It's another RPG by the EO team, my understanding of it being that it's basically EO-flavored Dragon Quest. The first one (also DS) got a fan translation almost a year ago, while it's easier than EO it might be my favorite RPG to date; my only complaint is how anti-climactic the postgame dungeon was.
I did hear about 7th Dragon the other day. I actually thought it was pretty interesting! I'm gonna look it up to see if I can play it. Was it for DS then? Or 3DS? Cause if it's for DS it's probably gonna be a b**** to find it. I've been looking for a game called Contact for months now :/.

And yeah whenever you get EO4 let me know and we'll take that bet XD. But remember to do let me know, man!!

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
My ****ty smash 4 Zelda against Rosaluma
http://youtu.be/1p-KFQH7EVM?t=3m22s
Irish...your Zelda...

That FW usage...

This is what happens when legit dual Sheik/Zelda users lose the ability to use transform. They drop Zeldawful and go with Sheik because it's Melee all over again with these two. I Don't blame yew at all for it.

Last edited:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I went all Zelda in a tourney today and got 7th/46.

The people I lost to I certainly couldve whomped them with Sheik but today I wanted Zelda to get reps. I really wanted to be on stream so I could save matches but I got knocked out before that could be lol.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299

The people I lost to I certainly couldve whomped them with Sheik but today I wanted Zelda to get reps. I really wanted to be on stream so I could save matches but I got knocked out before that could be lol.
Awesome job Ed :D

Any vids?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
woo, Finished my Models of computation assignment
night all

kinda sad, I wanted to see your Zelda

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I saved something on a wiiU but matches that end up on stream ALL get uploaded. Had I won one more, the rest of my matches were gonna be streamed lol.

I'll see what I can do about the saved stuff.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This is what happens when legit dual Sheik/Zelda users lose the ability to use transform. They drop Zeldawful and go with Sheik because it's Melee all over again with these two. I Don't blame yew at all for it.
The sad part is you guys will never know the stupidity/joy of spawning with Suit Pieces to throw. Or having switch/forced fatigue.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
That Rosaluma only owns a DS so never gets to play on an actual wiiu. I main Sheik. I actually dont even play Zelda except for rosaluma, Palutina and maybe villager lol I dont even own this game let alone practice. give me a break. Go watch my PM or Melee Zelda and then complain to me!
<3

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I did hear about 7th Dragon the other day. I actually thought it was pretty interesting! I'm gonna look it up to see if I can play it. Was it for DS then? Or 3DS? Cause if it's for DS it's probably gonna be a b**** to find it. I've been looking for a game called Contact for months now :/.
DS. Off the top of my head I believe it came out between EO2 and EO3, but I'm too unmotivated to fact check right now. The sequel is PSP, because reasons (incidentally, the fan translation of that is apparently going to be done sooner than initially expected; current estimate of Q4 2015?!).

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Feel like dropping this game. No time to practise and I'd rather focus on my health/fitness and future career than a game that I feel is competitively inferior to Brawl. Also, I doubt I will ever keep in touch with any Smashers once we all get over the game.

Is this a bad mindset?

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
The sad part is you guys will never know the stupidity/joy of spawning with Suit Pieces to throw. Or having switch/forced fatigue.
Why would you remind me of forced switch fatigue, god.

That was a trauma I was already over...

Feel like dropping this game. No time to practise and I'd rather focus on my health/fitness and future career than a game that I feel is competitively inferior to Brawl. Also, I doubt I will ever keep in touch with any Smashers once we all get over the game.

Is this a bad mindset?
You could always play for fun? I don't really practice much because I have a lot of work most of the time, but it's fun to play with the sisters or with friends every once in a while. Investing time into a game doesn't necessarily mean you need to have a long-term goal with it, specially not a game like Smash. Honestly the point is just to have fun and maybe show off with your friends if you're good I guess.

Smash doesn't have to be competitive after all. I'd say focus on your life right now. The game is gonna be current for at least 5 years anyways, so you can keep in touch with the good people here during that time. People will come and go all the time anyway!

Last edited:
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149

Is this a bad mindset?
Just play PM or Melee ;)

I don't think it's a bad mindset as long as you don't hold any hate towards it. If its not as fun as what you would like then no worries. Keep in touch with people you view as friends and not just because they play a game. You should always focus on health and career anyways. becoming a top level smasher will come in time if youre good enough anyway.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Finally back...
So has anyone discussed Dabuz's tier list yet, or am I late?

I did post this before somewhere.
Still not a legit tier list yet.
Honey and Gogo were my favorite characters :). Honey is too adorable.

And yeah! I mean I don't think there'd be anything wrong with a fanart thread? I have two pics of Zelda I could donate, haha.
Gogo, Hiro, are just like me, an Asian. :awesome:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Then just keep not caring much. There are more important things to keep your mind busy right now. If/when you wanna get back in Smash most people will probably still be hanging around here :).

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good work Ed :)

Ugh, I'm having first world problems. I keep getting bad item luck in classic mode with MK where I'll die from a pokemon or assist trophy as the opponent gets a smash ball or 3 part super item. And my internet keeps going out making it harder to whine about it online. :crazy:
I'm tired. :urg:

I used PT in Brawl. The fatigue sucked and smart opponents could exploit it.

Edit, wow activity surge in the last 15 minutes, lol.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

Is this a bad mindset?
No, if yew really can't or don't want to. just drop it, it's your choice. Work on your career and health, it's also better anyways. About it being less competitive than brawl, I think that's untrue because it's only been out for like 5 months. It'll probably be more faster and competitive after months or a year. No matter what decision yew choose, GL sis

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No, if yew really can't or don't want to. just drop it, it's your choice. Work on your career and health, it's also better anyways. About it being less competitive than brawl, I think that's untrue because it's only been out for like 5 months. It'll probably be more faster and competitive after months or a year. No matter what decision yew choose, GL sis
I so want a New 3DS XL, can't give up Smash4 yet:bee:
And seriously, playing competitively all the time will hurt you. Sometimes just go and have fun.

Last edited:
@ Sinister Slush Sinister Slush

I just watched DBA3 today. Some surprising stuff

- Treluh still uses Shulk O_o ? I was sure he dropped him
- What does aer0l1nk think about Palutena? This is weird because he mods the Palutena boards (I'm seeing him use Diddy). I think he gave up on her but I really hope it's not because of what I'm thinking
- D@kp0 uses Luigi? I thought he primarily uses ZSS
- Why is Dallas riddled with Diddy mains? I seriously just saw 10 images of diddys when I checked the list of videos for DBA3

Last edited:

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Sooo... I think I'm sick.... really bad...... again :(

I get sick far too often due to my immunity system being non-existent ( Epstein Barr patient since birth ) and I really don't think I can keep up with this Thread anymore due to various IRL issues going on.

I'm taking a leave for awhile, sorry to my friends here
( I honestly don't know if I actually made any or have even ever been liked as a person here tbh :/ ).

I tried REALLY HARD to get that fun casual group going, but everytime I just kinda failed at it so I'm sorry to the few who were interested and I'm starting to lose interest in getting it to work myself after soo many attempts :(

IF I've made actual friends here, send me a PM or notify me / somehing idk. I'd rather not leave a friend behind if I'd made one along the way.

I may not return, but if that IS what happens I'll just say that anyone wanting to contact me only need remember my name.
" Mericus " is the name I have on literally everything, so if I don't return, just know you can add Mericus on PSN/etc. and know it'll be me.

I hope I haven't caused any trouble to you guys n gurls + good luck to you all in your lives.
In the short time I was here, I enjoyed this Thread's n Member's company <3

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Denti's Bizzare Adventure?

Trela is having identity crisis with Smash 4 similar to someone in our city since their mains is either bad or just not fun anymore.
So he has like Dr. Mario Meta Knight Robin Charizard Shulk and maybe someone else I might not know of yet. Otherwise he didn't "drop" per say any of his characters, only real drop is Lucario.

No idea what heo thinks of Palutena, he prolly likes the character itself, but he wants to win so Diddy Kong.
And somehow he's beating Denti, a better player than him, in the ditto. Funny enough after the tournament yesterday some of us in my town were talking about that, either Denti got worse and ALSM better or both are just frauds.
As for being mod, a good portion of character boards just had anybody added. Yoshi for example had two people added who didn't even play the character but then a couple weeks later they added an actual Yoshi main, so now there's 3 mods for one of the more dead boards like Mii swordfighter.

Dakpo used Luigi in Brawl too as a secondary, not sure why he isn't going ZSS this time around with how silly her UpB is but he's doing well with Luigi since he won against ALSM in a recent tournament (unless what I watched a few days ago is the DBA3 tournament)

Dallas is dumb and wants to win without having fun. Our best player in SA is a fox, sonic/little mac, and Pikachu that's finally giving the business to a diddy kong that was beating him the first couple weeklies.
Houston Trela I'm sure with his multitude of characters, fliphop who can't be called a bandwagoner since he mained diddy since brawl days, grim (razer) with falcon and jr. and I think Gnes with shulk but he doesn't attend enough tournaments.
Dallas has always been the city with the tip top tiers even tho Denti was the only one there that was good on a regional/national level.
ALSM was a "Link" main but used Tink and D3 early on then eventually MK.

That's also another thing I wanted to ask. Didn't gnes use Diddy in Brawl? Why did he switch?

Thanks for answering btw. I'm interested in Texas' competitive scene particularly SA and Houston because 3 stocks (and the fact that they aren't really Diddy-infested)

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Not playing the game as much and didn't feel like trying I guess.
I can only imagine how ****ed we'd be if he played Diddy, it'd be like Zero's Diddy.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ Alacion Alacion , I know that feel. But if you aren't ready to fully commit to a game for life, you are more than welcome to focus on what you really want to do with life. I know I sound like I really want to be competitive when we talk, but in the end, I know that I can only do so much when my mindset is just have fun and remember that other life things are more important.

I'm mostly going against you dropping the game entirely. But it doesn't mean you can't play it for fun once in a while. Might have pressure considering your stance in our region in Brawl but life changes and we all change, so you shouldn't feel pressured to perform to Brawl levels when you don't have as much time in your hands because of life. In the end, follow what you believe is right, friend. c:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

Is this a bad mindset?
Honestly, the only way I'll 'get over' Super Smash Bros. 4 is when the enivitable Super Smash Bros. 5 gets released for the next system(s).
Same thing happened to Smash 64 into Melee, Melee into Brawl, and Brawl into 3DS/Wii U.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Feel like dropping this game. No time to practice and I'd rather focus on my health/fitness and future career than a game that I feel is competitively inferior to Brawl. Also, I doubt I will ever keep in touch with any Smashers once we all get over the game.

Is this a bad mindset?
I think it's a terrible mind set (personal opinion)
Each game is so different to one another that comparing them isn't really doing any one game justice. Trust me melee players won't give smash 4 more then 10 minutes because it isn't melee. Melee has left just as much of a good mark on the community as a bad one. Saying brawl is better then smash 4 because reasons isn't really doing either game justice.

As far as life focus goes, It's smart that you're trying to make sure you keep your life balanced.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I actually play Melee as well, so I'm pretty open minded about Smash games.

I do feel like I have to perform but also dealing with fast characters is a nightmare for me. I seriously think I could place in top 5 of the PR if I mained a high tier. For now, people just camp me like mad or switch to a rushdown character when they lose to me game 1 and I end up losing. I can't keep up with everybody else :(

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
@ Alacion Alacion If you want to drop the game for IRL stuff, then that's ok. It sounds like your fitness goal thing is coming along really well, so it would be even better to focus more time on that.
As for the keeping in touch thing, it would be a good idea to at least talk to any good friends you've made, IMO.
I think Smash 4 has more potential to be better competitively than Brawl, but it will need some more time to develop.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Actually I tried really hard to meet up with them and do non-smash stuff. Pretty much impossible these days and honestly I don't think I'm really good friends with smashers, though I do get along with them just fine.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Actually I tried really hard to meet up with them and do non-smash stuff. Pretty much impossible these days and honestly I don't think I'm really good friends with smashers, though I do get along with them just fine.
Hmm...well if you're not particularly close to anyone then disconnecting from them shouldn't be so bad. Just don't be surprised if some of them try and get a ahold of you again, lol.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I actually play Melee as well, so I'm pretty open minded about Smash games.

I do feel like I have to perform but also dealing with fast characters is a nightmare for me. I seriously think I could place in top 5 of the PR if I mained a high tier. For now, people just camp me like mad or switch to a rushdown character when they lose to me game 1 and I end up losing. I can't keep up with everybody else :(
I think it's just the fact that the game is still so new, there's just so many people out there with various fighting styles, and you constantly have to adapt. And with a seniority kinda feeling, you kinda feel pressured to be better than them, which might get to you sometimes. It's still a new game, so skill level is almost fair game for now.

Plus, our region is so notoriously defensive, it's incredibly sad that the ZELDA PLAYERS are actually going in and approaching (me, you and probably Dawson as iirc he's using her in the online tourney). Give it time and the not so skilled people might filter themselves out, leaving you with practicing with the best of the best, meaning a more productive improvement session. Of course, more important thing IMO is to have fun with the game, because why play it when you're going to complain about it?

And you can talk with me about non-Smash stuff, no sweat. Not like I am a hardcore competitive player anywho. :^)

Top Bottom