• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hmm...well if you're not particularly close to anyone then disconnecting from them shouldn't be so bad. Just don't be surprised if some of them try and get a ahold of you again, lol.
They don't even do that now. Age and mindset difference. Only person I was close with moved back to the next province over :(

Skillwise I'm probably equal to our top players, but Zelda sucks.

To lighten things up... I just saw this and am dying! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyRLBrB8Jrc At this point, I'd rather pick up VGC than play Smash.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
DAT NORMALIZE THO

Also, happy early Valentine's Day everyone! :^)

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
They don't even do that now. Age and mindset difference. Only person I was close with moved back to the next province over :(

To lighten things up... I just saw this and am dying! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyRLBrB8Jrc At this point, I'd rather pick up VGC than play Smash.
That strategy is disgustingly evil.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I realized also that today is Friday the 13th. Maybe if you gorls play today, your opponents would have so much misfortune that our queen could actually win something today! :^)

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Sooo... I think I'm sick.... really bad...... again :(

I get sick far too often due to my immunity system being non-existent ( Epstein Barr patient since birth ) and I really don't think I can keep up with this Thread anymore due to various IRL issues going on.

I'm taking a leave for awhile, sorry to my friends here
( I honestly don't know if I actually made any or have even ever been liked as a person here tbh :/ ).

I tried REALLY HARD to get that fun casual group going, but everytime I just kinda failed at it so I'm sorry to the few who were interested and I'm starting to lose interest in getting it to work myself after soo many attempts :(

IF I've made actual friends here, send me a PM or notify me / somehing idk. I'd rather not leave a friend behind if I'd made one along the way.

I may not return, but if that IS what happens I'll just say that anyone wanting to contact me only need remember my name.
" Mericus " is the name I have on literally everything, so if I don't return, just know you can add Mericus on PSN/etc. and know it'll be me.

I hope I haven't caused any trouble to you guys n gurls + good luck to you all in your lives.
In the short time I was here, I enjoyed this Thread's n Member's company <3
Sorry to hear, man :(. I hope you get better with time. You have me on Facebook, so if you ever wanna play or chat I'll be around there and stuff. Take care and get well!! Best wishes~

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. :( But you always have this social if you want to talk about non Smash things! I hope you don't forget about us if you drop the game.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. :( But you always have this social if you want to talk about non Smash things! I hope you don't forget about us if you drop the game.
I still visit this thread all the time. :) I just don't post as much as the others.

I'll probably still follow the game but I won't be playing much.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Well this is a depressing discussion.

In slightly more uplifting news...

Nintendo goes Boob Slider for Xenoblade X

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I realized also that today is Friday the 13th. Maybe if you gorls play today, your opponents would have so much misfortune that our queen could actually win something today! :^)
You're right about this magical day :^)
Earlier today on FG I did a dtilt to fsmash at like 50% but they fell out of fsmash and didn't tech so I chased them and got an elevator kill...lmao
Friday the 13th is declared to be the fabulous Friday of fortune for Zelda <3

I get sick far too often due to my immunity system being non-existent ( Epstein Barr patient since birth ) and I really don't think I can keep up with this Thread anymore due to various IRL issues going on.

( I honestly don't know if I actually made any or have even ever been liked as a person here tbh :/ ).

I tried REALLY HARD to get that fun casual group going, but everytime I just kinda failed at it so I'm sorry to the few who were interested and I'm starting to lose interest in getting it to work myself after soo many attempts :(

IF I've made actual friends here, send me a PM or notify me / somehing idk. I'd rather not leave a friend behind if I'd made one along the way.

I may not return, but if that IS what happens I'll just say that anyone wanting to contact me only need remember my name.
" Mericus " is the name I have on literally everything, so if I don't return, just know you can add Mericus on PSN/etc. and know it'll be me.

I hope I haven't caused any trouble to you guys n gurls + good luck to you all in your lives.
I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you'll get better with time.
I hope you'll resolve your issues as well @ Alacion Alacion , no reason to continue playing if you'd rather focus on other things.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 Thanks though I wouldn't call this an issue. It's not depression or anything negative like that. Just want to focus on non-Smash things due to dwindling Smash motivation.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
To all those present in the Zelda boards,

No matter how much any of us are struggling, we are here for each other. We all may just be random strangers who tend to gather here, but we are a tight knit community brought here from all corners of the earth by the Internet's massive web. We have fun together with our photoshops and GIFs and Zeldaganda, we are also open with our personal lives and the challenges we face. And we care about what they're going through, we wish them the best in their troubles. We are the Zelda social after all, we look to provide those in need with kindness and our wisdom. We are all gorls, but we are also all men and women, with the want and the ability to give those of us in a sticky situation moral support. To give an example relevant to myself, when I get home and come on down here, I think to myself, "Where's @Latte?" "How have you been doing?" "Is your family finding a job ok?" for example. Why am I worrying about someone even though I've never seen his face before? It's probably because I have no life, but I'd like to think it's because I've bonded with this man, through knowing the struggles they've shared and their high points as well, and viewing the creative force behind him. I've learned, and through that I've learned to empathize. Know that everyone is here for you, to make you smile, and encourage you, and make you brave, to take away the fear, to wipes the tears away, to make you strong, feel our love through your monitor or phone or whatever you use. Let it be known to you as well, whomever is reading, we have you in our hearts as well.

Everyone, just remember, you're welcome here and we need you. Once you join, you become a fragment of the social. But once you leave, despite however small of a fragment you may be, we'll never be complete without you. You're irreplaceable.

Thank you.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
^Well said.

I'm not gonna leave this social as much as some of you may want that :p I mean I was there when Fujin said he was gonna make this thread over a year ago :) Been part of the Brawl Zelda social for a while too. Many people come and go :(

I'm definitely more of a blogger type person, haha. Maybe I should invest in Twitter with bots as followers!

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

That's right, though, it was Latte and Mocha the ones that were going through the job hunt, right? How is that coming, girls? :(

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
To all those present in the Zelda boards,

No matter how much any of us are struggling, we are here for each other. We all may just be random strangers who tend to gather here, but we are a tight knit community brought here from all corners of the earth by the Internet's massive web. We have fun together with our photoshops and GIFs and Zeldaganda, we are also open with our personal lives and the challenges we face. And we care about what they're going through, we wish them the best in their troubles. We are the Zelda social after all, we look to provide those in need with kindness and our wisdom. We are all gorls, but we are also all men and women, with the want and the ability to give those of us in a sticky situation moral support. To give an example relevant to myself, when I get home and come on down here, I think to myself, "Where's @Latte?" "How have you been doing?" "Is your family finding a job ok?" for example. Why am I worrying about someone even though I've never seen his face before? It's probably because I have no life, but I'd like to think it's because I've bonded with this man, through knowing the struggles they've shared and their high points as well, and viewing the creative force behind him. I've learned, and through that I've learned to empathize. Know that everyone is here for you, to make you smile, and encourage you, and make you brave, to take away the fear, to wipes the tears away, to make you strong, feel our love through your monitor or phone or whatever you use. Let it be known to you as well, whomever is reading, we have you in our hearts as well.

Everyone, just remember, you're welcome here and we need you. Once you join, you become a fragment of the social. But once you leave, despite however small of a fragment you may be, we'll never be complete without you. You're irreplaceable.

Thank you.
The only exception would be Fuujin who really is just 50 fragments of the same piece.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788

oh sis :( I know it seems an empty sentiment, but I sincerely hope you feel better soon.
I had a ton of fun playing with you on wi-fi and I'm disappointed that the group never really panned out.
I wish you the best and hope to see you back here soon :)

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ Alacion Alacion I'm in a similar position where I can't play competitive smash much any more. There's always a lot to do. I accepted this time around I'll be casual and not visit the forums as much but still come for the community.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Well this is a depressing discussion.

In slightly more uplifting news...

Nintendo goes Boob Slider for Xenoblade X

That reminds me a lot of Phantasy Star Online 2's customization. Interface, boob slider and all. Now, if only Sega will listen to its fans for a Western release like Monolith Soft did for Xenoblade.

In other news, I've tried my hand at For Glory again after a week or so of messing around in Smash Run and Classic trying to get customs and doing stuff in Training mode. I've improved some thankfully. My FG win rate went back up to 25% today! (Yeah, it's that kind of bad).

What I found interesting after that time on For Glory was my character win rates. I definitely played as Greninja a lot and invest more time into him than anyone else, but I only won 11 matches out of the 64 I played as him (likely because I play as him so much against everyone, especially the really good players I keep persisting against to beat). By comparison Yoshi won the same amount matches out of 22 and Zelda won 6 out of 24.

It's odd how I just finished doing a ton of Training mode with Greninja and some training with Zelda beforehand, but I did about a minute of training with Yoshi beforehand and I end up doing better with him. I guess Yoshi's just that much better?

@ Alacion Alacion As most others have been saying, you should probably keep focusing on your irl stuff above Smash right now. If you're not feeling like playing competitively atm, you shouldn't feel obligated to do so. Just be sure to keep a good balance and have fun playing Smash and things every now and then. :)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
In other news, I've tried my hand at For Glory again after a week or so of messing around in Smash Run and Classic trying to get customs and doing stuff in Training mode. I've improved some thankfully. My FG win rate went back up to 25% today! (Yeah, it's that kind of bad).

What I found interesting after that time on For Glory was my character win rates. I definitely played as Greninja a lot and invest more time into him than anyone else, but I only won 11 matches out of the 64 I played as him (likely because I play as him so much against everyone, especially the really good players I keep persisting against to beat). By comparison Yoshi won the same amount matches out of 22 and Zelda won 6 out of 24.

It's odd how I just finished doing a ton of Training mode with Greninja and some training with Zelda beforehand, but I did about a minute of training with Yoshi beforehand and I end up doing better with him. I guess Yoshi's just that much better?
Also worth noting that Yoshi's more lag-friendly than Greninja is. Yoshi's gameplan doesn't hinge on precise attacks and combos that become difficult if not impossible in lag; he has big, damaging, lingering attacks like his nair and a more abusable projectile in upB that's harder to powershield or move around in general with lag.

It could also just be a case of you being more compatible with Yoshi than Greninja.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I love Delfino Plaza so much. The aesthetics, layout, music, transformations... everything about it is amazing.

really just loves Popstar Shuffling to Ricco Harbor

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

In all honesty, it's kind of hard to keep up with this thread, so it's not as easy for everyone to get to know each other quickly. I don't know you, but I've seen you post around, and I had an overall good time here with all of you.

Though I don't really understand your health problem, I hope you get better, and feel free to come back if you want a good laugh or some distraction. You're always welcome here.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
So I tried out Yoshi

He was duller than Rihanna's music after Loud ;_;
Which is saying a lot.

Mii Brawler is great bant though
When you don't use default

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Yeah pretty much what Lavani said in that Yoshi is a lot more lag friendly than Greninja. I'd go as far as to say Zelda is better in lag than Greninja too. With him, it's just so many technical inputs that can easily go wrong with the slightest delay :/

And I can't Yoshi at all lol

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Also worth noting that Yoshi's more lag-friendly than Greninja is. Yoshi's gameplan doesn't hinge on precise attacks and combos that become difficult if not impossible in lag; he has big, damaging, lingering attacks like his nair and a more abusable projectile in upB that's harder to powershield or move around in general with lag.

It could also just be a case of you being more compatible with Yoshi than Greninja.
Yeah, Yoshi is a lot more lag-friendly than Greninja. The less laggy and more controllable projectile, faster aerials, less reliance on combos and d-air's damage make Yoshi more bearable to use in lag.

I feel that I know Greninja really well, but when I take him online I don't do what I envision myself doing.

With Zelda, I do okay in lag, but I find rushdown difficult to deal with for her. Her slow grab and lack of fast close-range options make things difficult. I also need to stop using Din's in neutral entirely because I got punished every time today. It shall only be used in long-range edgeguarding/harassing from now on.

Also Zelda-related, I noticed that Farore's elevator is much harder to pull off on Diddy Kong in this game during Training mode. What gives? Is his falling speed really that high? U-tilt strings also work much later than on many other characters. U-tilt -> D-tilt -> D-smash is a thing though and D-throw -> B-air works on him. Why do you have to be strange and annoying Mr. Hoo Hah? :urg:

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also Zelda-related, I noticed that Farore's elevator is much harder to pull off on Diddy Kong in this game during Training mode. What gives? Is his falling speed really that high? U-tilt strings also work much later than on many other characters. U-tilt -> D-tilt -> D-smash is a thing though and D-throw -> B-air works on him. Why do you have to be strange and annoying Mr. Hoo Hah? :urg:
Well, Diddy is a fast falling character (tied with Sheik for #6). Might make it not a thing at lower percents, but it should be more reliable at kill percent because of it too.

I've mostly replaced Fox with him as my fastfall training dummy at this point because he's much more satisfying to beat up. :smirk:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
We need to make Zelda themed Valentines cards.

Like:

I'll never fall out of Fsmash love with you.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ Macchiato Macchiato Wow, no idea why it was so laggy today :/ It was super hard to control PK Thunder like that. Anyways, that was still fun, kiddo! Those random Ganon matches were funny hahaha.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
GGs @ Fernosaur Fernosaur lol I got like a spike with the first hit of peachs Dair in the first match somehow but yew still managed to recover. What happened, lag came so suddenly. Once again we forgot sky world, crys. Any peach or Mac advice, I need a lot of Mac advice lol.

@Latte your back yay so how's it going, did your dad find a job? How was SAT? What about yew @ Mocha Mocha how has it been for yew coffee pals.

#coffeepals

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I'm doing okie, just job hunting still. I'm kinda worried if I don't get anything soon, but I'm trying not to think about it too much.

Otherwise, just taking evening classes and playing princesses and frogs on wifi and pretending Zelda is my counterpick when Greninja struggls on wifi

How about you peeps? I have no idea what I'm going to do on Valentine's Day yet o:

Top Bottom