• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hey, Lavani and anyone else interested, could you check out or explain something to me? So, I fought this good player by the name of "Sean" about an hour or two ago and this weird trade happened where I knocked him off stage, he uses Super Jump Punch to recover and I connect with Falco's Fair leading to him to just fall off to the stage. Does this involve Fair's autolink angles or did something happen with Super Jump Punch and Fair colliding? I'm going to upload the replay after this post.

Edit: Forgot to mention that it happened near the 3:00 time left mark.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Why would it be cool if Sheik was male? That seems rather arbitrary.
Honestly, to me, no matter you guys say Shiek whether male or female, I both can take it. But now they finally confirm Shiek is female, so Shiek is a female. That's fine for me too. Shiek is still Shiek no matter which gender she is. And yeah I am a bit arbitrary when it comes to Shiek gender debate, it's a bad thing right? I'm not really in to that.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Hey, Lavani and anyone else interested, could you check out or explain something to me? So, I fought this good player by the name of "Sean" about an hour or two ago and this weird trade happened where I knocked him off stage, he uses Super Jump Punch to recover and I connect with Falco's Fair leading to him to just fall off to the stage. Does this involve Fair's autolink angles or did something happen with Super Jump Punch and Fair colliding? I'm going to upload the replay after this post.

Edit: Forgot to mention that it happened near the 3:00 time left mark.
If you mean he got hit by fair once and just fell, I'd imagine it's because of his animation when hit vs his animation in hitstun. Like, hitting the top of his fist is going to hurt him, but his arm is outstretched during upB but not during hitstun and he probably wouldn't get hit by the rest of fair because of it.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
If you mean he got hit by fair once and just fell, I'd imagine it's because of his animation when hit vs his animation in hitstun. Like, hitting the top of his fist is going to hurt him, but his arm is outstretched during upB but not during hitstun and he probably wouldn't get hit by the rest of fair because of it.
It didn't even look like hit and more of contact with Falco, falls for a bit, and tries to Super Jump Punch again to recover, but it was too late and I think he already lost his second jump while recovering. I'm pretty sure Mario's SJP goes farther than what happened that or I don't fight a lot of Marios since he played as Dr. Mario before and it was easy to handle since I mess around with the Doc and I know his weaknesses and strengths while Mario is more of I know Mario, but I don't play Mario to know him enough.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Dare I say we need a mock up of this, of Zelda, as it would be the most troll thing ever. :088: I need it.

Also, time to go find my SB valentine victim target so I can use one of these lovely cards. <3
That's obviously Aero :p

And yeah I'll make a pic of Zelda, maybe tomorrow XD These are too good to pass up.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
TourneyLocator's custom move tournament is on gorls!

EDIT: Well, it's live at least.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Man I always feel kinda bad when I lose to Ganondorf because that usually means I was read like a book. This one I faced even got managed to hit me with up-tilt twice.

I guess the good part is that I did manage to win the first match we played at least.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Man I always feel kinda bad when I lose to Ganondorf because that usually means I was read like a book. This one I faced even got managed to hit me with up-tilt twice.

I guess the good part is that I did manage to win the first match we played at least.
I've always felt that Ganondorf's up-tilt should be like summoning Exodia: if you KO with it, you automatically win the match xD

(Don't feel bad, I've been KOed with it too)

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I tend to underestimate Ganondorf a lot. Need to get used to acknowledging him as a legitimate threat.

His utilt's hitbox is absurdly huge, I always get caught by it in the dumbest ways.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
The only time I got "hit" by it was because my sister broke my shield with it. That's how I found out u-tilt breaks shields <_<...

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
That moment when you save a file as "glajhgjashg.jpeg" and it asks for another name because there's another file named like that.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I tend to underestimate Ganondorf a lot. Need to get used to acknowledging him as a legitimate threat.

His utilt's hitbox is absurdly huge, I always get caught by it in the dumbest ways.

I underestimate Ganondorf a lot too, especially since most of my experience against him is against For Glory Ganondorfs who are just really helpless against Greninja and are basically free wins to me most of the time.

And oh wow that hitbox.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Omg, I can't believe I missed the Valentines Cards. Well, here are some slightly late ones. Happy early Valentines everyone <3

I just realized both of the ones for Lucina insult her..lmao. Oops :^)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So... apparently Charizard is a projectile and I didn't press the damned replay button... Anyway, I just had a series of matches against this... really optimistic Charizard who kept fighting me despite losing to pretty much all the matches except for once when I was Mega Man, once when I was Meta Knight - I screwed up Dimensional Cape and used it a bit too far from the ledge and Meta Knight just fell to his doom -, and maybe once when I was Captain Falcon. Well, this dude used Flare Blitz a lot I usually countered it or just walked up and ate the move for some dumb reason. So, during the last two matches as Pit, I ended up using Upperdash Arm knowing that I could super armor it and for some reason, it made the clang noise for reflecting a projectile. It did kill Charizard since he was around 140%. It was so weird.

Oh, and I landed an awesome Bair with Ganondorf that destroyed Rock Smash's fragments. It's so cool! Also, apparently Captain Falcon has that janky hitbox behind him with Up Smash. Remember the ledge attack that meteored me when I was Bowser? Well, I did that to the Charizard with the Capt.'s Up Smash by nicking him with Up Smash. Replays will be shared on SSB4's servers for those who want to watch them.

Edit: Search for Vnaatus as the creator. Is that how you find certain replays? I have no idea.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: WTF? It's listing me as the wrong characters; I didn't play as Charizard or Mario in those matches...

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
As much as I love EO2,

some of the stuff in it is so poorly designed

apparently the start of the chain of quests to get to the sixth stratum (which the game doesn't tell you which quest you need to start and gives you the last quest in the sequence despite being unable to complete it), which asks you to fully map 22f, actually wants you to step on every tile of the floor instead of actually mapping it, and two different sections of the floor require going through a maze spanning 23f and 24f as well. I've been spending the last few hours weaving around 22f's floor trying to figure out what tiles I've missed, this is so tedious :/

Omg, I can't believe I missed the Valentines Cards. Well, here are some slightly late ones. Happy early Valentines everyone <3

I just realized both of the ones for Lucina insult her..lmao. Oops :^)
I cracked up at the first Lucina one, hahaha

it's hard being a mop

I can relate to getting wrecked by a Dorf but anyway, play the world's lamest and safest neutral against him

D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, I have a little bit of trouble myself with Ganondorf. I always think "HURRHURR HE'S 2 SLOW HE CAN'T HIT ME" but in reality, his attacks shouldn't be underestimated because they're strong a'f. I'm glad I haven't been a victim of the Utilt.....yet...

The more I use hyper arts, the more I use vanilla (Lavani) Shulk. The more I use vanilla Shulk, the more I appreciate how vanilla Shulk doesn't have any stupid damage defense/weight debuff. Hyper smash power vision is amazing. Hyper buster is basically hyper go-for-a-grab. Hyper shield is useless as ****. Hyper speed and jump are god like (jump's defense debuff is disgusting though)

And I told you guys, customs Rosalina was going to be legit dumb.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Are hyper arts even good with how short their upkeep times are + the increased drawbacks? Seemed to me like Shulks would only want default or decisive (though I think being able to cancel arts is kind of important too).

Not that I know crap about Shulk, but.

Last edited:
Are hyper arts even good with how short their upkeep times are + the increased drawbacks? Seemed to me like Shulks would only want default or decisive (though I think being able to cancel arts is kind of important too).

Not that I know crap about Shulk, but.
Hyper arts are strictly used once your at an advantage. At neutral, you'll always opt for vanilla or speed

It's a test of precision and I thought Shulk required enough precision. ffs

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Does Mega Man's Flame Sword have a dead zone at the end of it? I feel like it does since the end will just clip through and nothing happens...

Rukia

Enamored
Hey, listen!

Roses are red. Violets are blue.
Majora's Mask...
Shall be waiting for you.

Who's ready?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Ok so I was testing and light weight tuna has a 60% true combo omg

It's dthrow-nair-uair omg
That's only like 30% though

unless you meant it kills at 60%, though I thought it killed earlier than that. I know it can kill at like 35% on Battlefield platforms.

Also near the ledge you can dthrow>nair>nair to kill at like 20% lol

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Still think a few non-custom characters can beat custom Palutena like Pikachu and Diddy.

Top Bottom