• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh yes I also think... Explosive Flame > Autoreticle and Angelic Missile > Super Speed. Not sure about Warp vs Jump Glide.

And yes, I know exactly how Super Speed works and what you can combo off it. Super Speed jump to reverse Autoreticle is lolworthy.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I have a hard time thinking anything positive about Autoreticle when it fires directly at where the opponent was (and goes over short characters like Mac when they run forward to boot), whereas you can put EF where you expect them to be. That and EF's last hit is unblockable.

Interested in hearing your thoughts on Angelic Missile, @ Alacion Alacion . I think its effects on her recovery are neat, but her recovery's already pretty good and it didn't strike me as something usable offensively.

I also agree several customless characters beat her regardess (the current top 5, for one), but she's still a hell of a lot better than she is with customs off.

imo

Explosive Flame>Auto-Reticle
Super Speed
Warp=Jump Glide
Lightweight

but I don't play Palutena muchever

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'll guard your heart like Phantom Slash for like 2 seconds
Speaking of phantoms, anyone played Phantom Brave before?

I remember seeing in a gaming magazine when I was younger and maybe around shops, but I never picked it up... I wished I did.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Speaking of phantoms, anyone played Phantom Brave before?

I remember seeing in a gaming magazine when I was younger and maybe around shops, but I never picked it up... I wished I did.
That definitely isn't a Putty Mage in my sig or anything. *cough*

One of my favorite games of all time; great gameplay, emotional plot. Would definitely recommend to any RPG fans. It's kind of funny you bring it up, because I was thinking about replaying it too, haha

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Angelic Missile is pretty strong and great for punishing commitments and rolls. Super Speed can actually be interrupted and there is a cooldown to the move. Super speed to up smash is a thing assuming you land the hit and it depends on the airdodge (you can read it though). Angelic Missile is also has a very quick startup as well. Super speed is still a great move though but I think Angelic Missile is just a bit better.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
No AeroLink goes diddy, ugh at least he used tuna in the beginning

Actually, the hit of Super speed true combos to usmash, uair, and bair. They're all inescapable and it's all great for pressure and mobility @ Alacion Alacion

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
No AeroLink goes diddy, ugh at least he used tuna in the beginning

Actually, the hit of Super speed true combos to usmash, uair, and bair. They're all inescapable and it's all great for pressure and mobility @ Alacion Alacion
I don't know about that at high percents. Bad DI helps.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Oops, more Zelderp Valentine's cards.

What have we done.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Sooo... I think I'm sick.... really bad...... again :(

I get sick far too often due to my immunity system being non-existent ( Epstein Barr patient since birth ) and I really don't think I can keep up with this Thread anymore due to various IRL issues going on.

I'm taking a leave for awhile, sorry to my friends here
( I honestly don't know if I actually made any or have even ever been liked as a person here tbh :/ ).

I tried REALLY HARD to get that fun casual group going, but everytime I just kinda failed at it so I'm sorry to the few who were interested and I'm starting to lose interest in getting it to work myself after soo many attempts :(

IF I've made actual friends here, send me a PM or notify me / somehing idk. I'd rather not leave a friend behind if I'd made one along the way.

I may not return, but if that IS what happens I'll just say that anyone wanting to contact me only need remember my name.
" Mericus " is the name I have on literally everything, so if I don't return, just know you can add Mericus on PSN/etc. and know it'll be me.

I hope I haven't caused any trouble to you guys n gurls + good luck to you all in your lives.
In the short time I was here, I enjoyed this Thread's n Member's company <3
I'm so sorry to hear this.. I wish there was something meaningful I could say, but the rest of our sisters pretty much already covered it. I hope you feel better soon and hope you will stay in good health, and I wish you the best in life, wherever you may or and whatever may happen.<3
To all those present in the Zelda boards,

No matter how much any of us are struggling, we are here for each other. We all may just be random strangers who tend to gather here, but we are a tight knit community brought here from all corners of the earth by the Internet's massive web. We have fun together with our photoshops and GIFs and Zeldaganda, we are also open with our personal lives and the challenges we face. And we care about what they're going through, we wish them the best in their troubles. We are the Zelda social after all, we look to provide those in need with kindness and our wisdom. We are all gorls, but we are also all men and women, with the want and the ability to give those of us in a sticky situation moral support. To give an example relevant to myself, when I get home and come on down here, I think to myself, "Where's @Latte?" "How have you been doing?" "Is your family finding a job ok?" for example. Why am I worrying about someone even though I've never seen his face before? It's probably because I have no life, but I'd like to think it's because I've bonded with this man, through knowing the struggles they've shared and their high points as well, and viewing the creative force behind him. I've learned, and through that I've learned to empathize. Know that everyone is here for you, to make you smile, and encourage you, and make you brave, to take away the fear, to wipes the tears away, to make you strong, feel our love through your monitor or phone or whatever you use. Let it be known to you as well, whomever is reading, we have you in our hearts as well.

Everyone, just remember, you're welcome here and we need you. Once you join, you become a fragment of the social. But once you leave, despite however small of a fragment you may be, we'll never be complete without you. You're irreplaceable.

Thank you.
That was amazing.. and very well said.
Honestly, I have such a hard time believing people when they speak/type words like these, and an even harder time believing close friends and family when they're trying to help me with problems I'm going through. I neither know nor understand why I can't just take words to heart--maybe it's because actions speak louder than words, or the common concept that words are meaningless. They aren't meaningless, though. Some people, myself included, just can't seem to understand the language they're being spoken in, even though it's perfectly clear English. Maybe there's just something wrong on a deeper level.

..tl;dr your post is magnificent and I'm a nutcase.

I enjoy being here with you gorls, even if things aren't going well in life. Communities like these aren't easy to come by.

D

Deleted member

Oh jeez, cheesy post time.

To be honest, through out my time here, I don't know if I really belong. Sometimes I feel like I don't have a place here. But really, I love you gorls <3 My posts are kinda weird and irrelevant to this place but this social is honestly really fun and you guys are great people. The raids are just loads of fun and I feel like everyone comes a little closer when we go tormenting other characters xD Even if I don't really belong here, I love you all and I hope we can all have lots of more fun! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I love the animation for Samus's pummel. She pretty much karate chops the character at super speed like nobody's business. It almost looks like she's berating the character for doing something bad.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Have you guys seen Robin's pummel? Jesus christ, you can barely get one pummel in at 100%
The kicker is, Greninja's is about the same speed but does 2% instead of 3%

I love the animation for Samus's pummel. She pretty much karate chops the character at super speed like nobody's business. It almost looks like she's berating the character for doing something bad.
I haven't actually seen Samus' yet, this sounds amusing.

Still wrapped up in EO2 for now but I'll have to check it out later.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Gotta love Peach's pummel. Dat gorl gets you down under with her high heels. Dat's dirty.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I love Rosalina's pummel. She magically holds them even though her hand isn't touching them (magic at it's finest) and smacks them in the face with her wand. How elegant :^)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Game & Watch is my fav pummel just because that Bell

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I like Ike's pummel since he headbutts people. So much TESTOSTERONE! If only Ganondorf's pummel was a headbutt or like Little Mac's where he just shoves his fist through people's stomachs. Mario and Luigi's pummels are meh compared to Ike's steroid head basher.

And then there's Yoshi's pummel... Along with Wario's Bite, that's probably the scariest thing to go through. Imagine your flesh being pierced and crushed by a dinosaur's teeth or a nasty smelling man's teeth.

Edit: I'm wondering what if there was a character who had an incredibly slow pummel that did like 10% - 20% per hit. I'm talking like slow as sin by the way so it wouldn't be broken; it'd be only usable if your opponent is at around 100%.

Also, Young/Fierce Deity Link is OP in Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
The funniest part about grab animation is that most characters aren't even touching the opponent they're grabbing, and don't even get me started on Kirby and Jigglypuff.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I love Rosalina's pummel. She magically holds them even though her hand isn't touching them (magic at it's finest) and smacks them in the face with her wand. How elegant :^)
Literally my favorite pummel just because of the wand smacking. Didn't @ Lavani Lavani post a gif of repeatedly pummeling someone in roll glory who then fell to their death? Like spanking for being bad.

D

Deleted member

If anyone's pummel is scary, it's Jigglypuff's. Imagine how horrifying it is to get hit by that little, soft hand.....

THE HORROR...

Shulk's pummel has a similar case to Mario's pummel. It's slow but it deals 3% damage. With buster on, it deals 4.2% damage. Take what you can get, I guess? *shrug*

Also, notice my mains below my NNID? Those are Smash 4 mains. Melee Mario being there does not mean that I used him in Melee. It means I use him in Smash 4. My brother mains Link so yeah there's that. Just clarifying again

Top Bottom