• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196

Has anyone seen this pic before?
Look what Link is holding LOL~~~:joyful:
Thoughts about this:
-DAMN, FemRobin is lookin feisty.
-Pika is in her Cute Cosplay, but Jiggs ain't got a bow? Blasphemy.
-FemLucina and Mopcina are on the wrong sides, and wtf is she holding?
-Kirby is high on chocolate.
-Where's Luigi?
-Samus is way sexier with her suit on.:troll:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

Has anyone seen this pic before?
Look what Link is holding LOL~~~:joyful:
HAHAHA, there are so many odd and funny things the girls are holding! xD Chocolate Luma?! Da best one might be Lucina with the Choco Robin's, and female Robin behind her.

Last edited:
Zelda, Peach, and ZSS look amazing :3

Also clarifying for the 999th time, my mains might be confusing but I still main Shulk. Duh. Just in case people might think I switched to Rosaluma for whatever reason

I'm also on an avatar hunt. Looking for an anime-Elsa art of the sorts

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Zelda, Peach, and ZSS look amazing :3

Also clarifying for the 999th time, my mains might be confusing but I still main Shulk. Duh. Just in case people might think I switched to Rosaluma for whatever reason

I'm also on an avatar hunt. Looking for an anime-Elsa art of the sorts
You should ask @Twili about the Elsa art :awesome:

But I've got some here for you! :p

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm wondering why [anyone] thinks MK is bad.
Poor damage per hit (offset by amazing combo potential and good kill power), bizarre amounts of lag on the end of certain moves/landing with any aerial, short range for a sword character (should be thought of as more like C.Falcon than a sword character anyway).

Those are the main complaints about him I hear, anyway.

I have him at #17 on my list now, for what it's worth.

Last edited:
You should ask @Twili about the Elsa art :awesome:

But I've got some here for you! :p

Thanks BUT I watched an LP of Xenoblade (Cry's playthrough) and decided to switch to Shulk for obvious reasons. Saving all this fan art by the way :)
Poor damage per hit (offset by amazing combo potential and good kill power), bizarre amounts of lag on the end of certain moves/landing with any aerial, short range for a sword character (should be thought of as more like C.Falcon than a sword character anyway).

Those are the main complaints about him I hear, anyway.

I have him at #17 on my list now, for what it's worth.
Idc about ur list, PUFF LOVER jk

I think it's really just his combo potential and KO power that make me think highly of him. What holds him back though is his lack of good pokes (short range plus poor dps = bleck) and his lag. His start up is great buuut... anyway, I think he's pretty good.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Idc about ur list, PUFF LOVER
u wana fite m8

1v1 me irl

I think it's really just his combo potential and KO power that makes me think highly of him. What holds him back though is his lack of good pokes (short range plus poor dps = bleck) and his lag. His start up is great buuut... anyway, I think he's pretty good.
It's more about knowing what moves are safe to use I think. Fsmash has nothing for end lag and is safe on shield and even hard to punish on whiff for most of the cast; dtilt is like a 19f commitment total and has a good trip rate; ftilt is basically your actual jab combo except you can pivot it and the third slash has solid range; dash attack has very low end lag and doesn't slow down when hitting shields, making it surprisingly safe (not to mention it and grabs are your main combo starters anyway).

Range became less of a deal when I started learning to abuse his multiple jumps for mindgames; stuff like dair>midair jump repeatedly then surprise fastfall into grab or nado.

Also the range on Dimensional Cape is ungodly as is the kill power, never forget about it.

lol.png

u wana fite m8

1v1 me irl
Good. I can throw peanuts and banana peels at you irl
It's more about knowing what moves are safe to use I think. Fsmash has nothing for end lag and is safe on shield and even hard to punish on whiff for most of the cast; dtilt is like a 19f commitment total and has a good trip rate; ftilt is basically your actual jab combo except you can pivot it and the third slash has solid range; dash attack has very low end lag and doesn't slow down when hitting shields, making it surprisingly safe (not to mention it and grabs are your main combo starters anyway).

Range became less of a deal when I started learning to abuse his multiple jumps for mindgames; stuff like dair>midair jump repeatedly then surprise fastfall into grab or nado.

Also the range on Dimensional Cape is ungodly as is the kill power, never forget about it.
I think one mistake I did with Meta Knight was that I used jab for some reason... Well, back to Meta Knight, I guess. Thanks for all the fun facts again

I wanna try out customs Diddy so I can laugh at myself when I find something stupid

Going on the Mario/MK grind

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ Macchiato Macchiato , I probably won't be available to play the whole day, sorry. :/

I'm still in denial of using customs just because Zelda gains nothing out of it ggs.

D

Deleted member

I'm currently beating the crap out of a Rosalina on FG as Peach right now. It feels good to show others who the top female is in Smash :demon:

well actually she does benefit, she gets phantom strike and better din's.
All din's fire customs are mostly garbage. Phantom customs are probably better than default phantom but that probably isn't saying much. The MAIN problem with customs on for Zelda mains is that Zelda becomes the worst in the game. Even worse than Swordfighter.
I'm currently beating the crap out of a Rosalina on FG as Peach right now. It feels good to show others who the top female is in Smash :demon:
Peach is pretty good against Rosalina imo. Like, it's probably even from how it looks

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All din's fire customs are mostly garbage. Phantom customs are probably better than default phantom but that probably isn't saying much. The MAIN problem with customs on for Zelda mains is that Zelda becomes the worst in the game. Even worse than Swordfighter.

Peach is pretty good against Rosalina imo. Like, it's probably even from how it looks
I just switched to Zelda to show our dominance over Rosalina :colorful:

I'm not joking, maybe Dedede is worst without but they're pretty bad.
The existence of characters like Dedede, Zelda, Mii Gunner, Mii Brawler (1111), Bowser Jr, Palutena, Mr. Game and Watch, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mopcina stop him from being the worst since they're worse than MK. I could probably name MORE characters that he's better than but I'm too lazy. He's definitely at the upper half of the cast

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
The existence of characters like Dedede, Zelda, Mii Gunner, Mii Brawler (1111), Bowser Jr, Palutena, Mr. Game and Watch, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mopcina stop him from being the worst since they're worse than MK. I could probably name MORE characters that he's better than but I'm too lazy. He's definitely at the upper half of the cast
I think he's worst than every here except swordfighter

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I've mained MK and I've always thought that he was bottom, your point?
It was a joke? There's no need to get defensive, sis. It's all in good fun.

When did you main MK, though? I must've missed that one.

Last edited:
Well, I'd counter all those points but it's 3 am right now in my time zone so whatever. Too lazy

Plus, I see @ warionumbah2 warionumbah2 over here so he's probably going to handle it. Or everyone else will handle it

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Sisters. I have sinned.

I've started to play Mopcina seriously again and she's challenging Shulk for my 3rd character.

I think Marcina might be misunderstood. I actually think they're good... (Not amazing, but definitely not bad)

Edit: Berserker without a waifu avatar? What has the world come to?!

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
i think diddys the worst character becuz monkies ar dummer than humans

imo hes mid

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I think he's worst than every here except swordfighter

Coming from a Zelda main who jumps on different characters every week, who thinks Dr Mario goes even with Rosalina, who thinks Lucina goes 60:40 against Pac-Man, who thinks every character you used in the past is mid tier.

You haven't gave reasons as to why he's 2nd worst in the game.And saying you 'used' to main someone isn't good because you have to put time and effort to really see if someone is good or not especially MK who requires precision and reaction time, you have a 'main' for less than a week.

Got members on the board who solo main MK and frequently place high in tournaments and one of them managed to take a game off Boss
Few reliable kill moves that are safe, opponents fall out of up b sometimes.
Little range
Low damage output
Light weight
Easily comboed
Laggy moves
He just has too many weaknesses over strengths
First one is simply you not being good at using SL, if you hit say for example Mario after the first hit you PULL BACK so the second hit connects. This proves you don't try to learn.

Mario has low range but his mobility allows him to get in and give chase. MK being 9th in dash speed and has better air mobility than Lucina and 6 jumps should spell it out easily.

Mach tornado does 23% fresh, F-Smash does a lot of damage as well as SL. He can rack up damage just as good as Sheik and kill better.

Lightweight. Its legit can't say nothing about this.

Well stop using laggy moves for starters, don't use dair into ground, don't fair unless its after DA and down throw, don't nair on stage or bair. And never use jab....

Dtilt,F-Smash,Ftilt,D-Smash,U-Smash don't have that much end lag if anything some have no end lag at all. Marth and Lucina have atrocious lag on all their normals besides Dtilt and yet MK is worse.kmt

Edit: If you can't follow up out of DA or down throw. Drop him. If you can't play MK without using laggy moves.Drop him. If you lose frequently to Little Mac.Drop him. If you can't string uairs Mega drop him. If you can't do basic kill setups. Throw him in the bin.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, I'm playing against a Villager on FG, and on the first stock, I sweetspot LK'd stage spiked him on Battlefield, then on the second stock, I killed him with Phantom. I'M SO PROUD and I saved the match too xD

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
So, I'm playing against a Villager on FG, and on the first stock, I sweetspot LK'd stage spiked him on Battlefield, then on the second stock, I killed him with Phantom. I'M SO PROUD and I saved the match too xD
Does the neutral B have the same effect as Mario's cape on the Lloid? By that I mean if they try to go back to the stage with it and you reflect, they go to the opposing side and explode? I did it with Mario, its hilarious, the explosion took the stock from the Villager user.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Does the neutral B have the same effect as Mario's cape on the Lloid? By that I mean if they try to go back to the stage with it and you reflect, they go to the opposing side and explode? I did it with Mario, its hilarious, the explosion took the stock from the Villager user.
*I hope Dan doesn't mind me answering this instead but I do it a lot against my friend who mains Villager so*
It does, but you have to be precise. If you accidentally hit Villager and not just the Lloid he won't be on the rocket anymore and can freely recover. Basically, try hitting with the tip of Nayru's to get only the Lloid

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
So I just played Brawl for the first time since the release of Smash 4 :crying: Lightning kicks are good again, god tier usmash, uair kills super early, fsmash actually connects...Why must you take it all away, Sakutena?

I also miss Lucas, Ivysaur, and Brawl Sheik so much.
also lol @ brawl meta knight

Last edited:
Top Bottom