• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Latte

Smash Ace

That's right, though, it was Latte and Mocha the ones that were going through the job hunt, right? How is that coming, girls? :(
It's not going too well right now, but I have no doubts something will turn up eventually. Thank you for asking, BTW
To all those present in the Zelda boards,

No matter how much any of us are struggling, we are here for each other. We all may just be random strangers who tend to gather here, but we are a tight knit community brought here from all corners of the earth by the Internet's massive web. We have fun together with our photoshops and GIFs and Zeldaganda, we are also open with our personal lives and the challenges we face. And we care about what they're going through, we wish them the best in their troubles. We are the Zelda social after all, we look to provide those in need with kindness and our wisdom. We are all gorls, but we are also all men and women, with the want and the ability to give those of us in a sticky situation moral support. To give an example relevant to myself, when I get home and come on down here, I think to myself, "Where's @Latte?" "How have you been doing?" "Is your family finding a job ok?" for example. Why am I worrying about someone even though I've never seen his face before? It's probably because I have no life, but I'd like to think it's because I've bonded with this man, through knowing the struggles they've shared and their high points as well, and viewing the creative force behind him. I've learned, and through that I've learned to empathize. Know that everyone is here for you, to make you smile, and encourage you, and make you brave, to take away the fear, to wipes the tears away, to make you strong, feel our love through your monitor or phone or whatever you use. Let it be known to you as well, whomever is reading, we have you in our hearts as well.

Everyone, just remember, you're welcome here and we need you. Once you join, you become a fragment of the social. But once you leave, despite however small of a fragment you may be, we'll never be complete without you. You're irreplaceable.

Thank you.
In the past week there have been quite a few stressful issues that have piled up on top of my previous problem, so I have been feeling down lately. Thank you for posting this. I'm also extremely grateful that you used me as an example; it completely turned my mood around.
It's not the same without me and @ L Latte 's coffee puns
I can't espresso how true this is. Our puns really made the boards what they are today.

#coffeepals

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
GGs @ Fernosaur Fernosaur lol I got like a spike with the first hit of peachs Dair in the first match somehow but yew still managed to recover. What happened, lag came so suddenly. Once again we forgot sky world, crys. Any peach or Mac advice, I need a lot of Mac advice lol.

@ L Latte your back yay so how's it going, did your dad find a job? How was SAT? What about yew @Mocha how has it been for yew coffee pals.

#coffeepals
Hahaha I didn't even notice the spike tbh. Who was I using? Ness?

Anyways uh for Peach I'd say you definitely need a lot more precision. It was hard to do anything properly with the lag, though, so I gues that's sort of it, but yeah. Jesus her D-smash is the most annoying **** in the world. If the animation didn't take forever to finish it wouldn't be as bad but yikes.

For Mac, uh... well, yeah, your Mac definitely felt scrubby XD. I'm not 100% sure about it but I think Mac has the best roll in the game. Maybe @ Lavani Lavani can confirm. Anyways, if I'm right, even if it sounds counter-intuitive to all we know about Smash, I'd say roll a bit more with Mac. Also you need to use d-tilt more. And use side B less. It's super punishable unless you do it in melee reach. You also had to use more counter when trying to recover, and if you plan to use Mac I recommend getting familiar with stages that have a full bottom in omega form, to be able to use his walljump instead of predictably trying to recover horizontally.

And yeah we forgot Skyworld again :(

PD. Jesus ****ing Chris I HATE Lucina's voice.

@ L Latte and @Mocha Keep us posteddd. We all worry~ but yeah I'm sure something will turn up eventually too. Just don't lose your patience.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I couldn't tell you the frame data on the rolls exactly, all I recall is that someone I typically find reputable mentioned his forward and back roll are both comparable to Brawl MK's forward roll.

I might look into it later, don't want to pop EO2 out of my 3DS atm (why are these quests to enter stratum 6 so dumb whyyyyyy)

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Hahaha I didn't even notice the spike tbh. Who was I using? Ness?

Anyways uh for Peach I'd say you definitely need a lot more precision. It was hard to do anything properly with the lag, though, so I gues that's sort of it, but yeah. Jesus her D-smash is the most annoying **** in the world. If the animation didn't take forever to finish it wouldn't be as bad but yikes.

For Mac, uh... well, yeah, your Mac definitely felt scrubby XD. I'm not 100% sure about it but I think Mac has the best roll in the game. Maybe @ Lavani Lavani can confirm. Anyways, if I'm right, even if it sounds counter-intuitive to all we know about Smash, I'd say roll a bit more with Mac. Also you need to use d-tilt more. And use side B less. It's super punishable unless you do it in melee reach. You also had to use more counter when trying to recover, and if you plan to use Mac I recommend getting familiar with stages that have a full bottom in omega form, to be able to use his walljump instead of predictably trying to recover horizontally.

And yeah we forgot Skyworld again :(

PD. Jesus ****ing Chris I HATE Lucina's voice.

@ L Latte and @Mocha Keep us posteddd. We all worry~ but yeah I'm sure something will turn up eventually too. Just don't lose your patience.
I remember yew told me that yew hate lucinas voice and lost respect for me when I mained her so that's practically why I used her in our matches lol

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I remember yew told me that yew hate lucinas voice and lost respect for me when I mained her so that's practically why I used her in our matches lol
Oh you didn't lose respect for "maining" her, I mean Locuan mains her (I think?) and (s)he's a pretty cool sisbro. The thing was that literally everything you talked about back then was Lucina, hahaha. I was like "someone tie that boy's hands and put a sock in his mouth!"

Anyways guys I played Sheik for the first time in my life and I didn't auto-win so I lost interest forever :p

Latte

Smash Ace
@ L Latte your back yay so how's it going, did your dad find a job? How was SAT? What about yew
Nope, not yet. Hopefully soon!

Oh, I took the ACT, not the SAT. It went, to be blunt, horribly. I got through the math and English sections of the test, and then started throwing up and had to go home. I'll have to retake the entire test, which is depressing since I may have to retake it again if I get a low score

I'm not going to worry about it right now, though

#coffeepals5evr

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ L Latte Aw man, I'm sorry to hear you got so anxious, man. Come over here and I'll make you some hotcakes :( But well, you've still got plenty of time to take the test as many times as you have to.

This sounds relatable, heh.
I literally had never played Sheik, not even in Brawl or Melee, haha. Back in Brawl whenever I accidentally transformed I'd be like "ew gross a penis grew on my crotch suddenly take it away ew"

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I have to say, whenever I take a page, the posts with which I do it are always pretty glorious.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

Oh, I took the ACT, not the SAT. It went, to be blunt, horribly. I got through the math and English sections of the test, and then started throwing up and had to go home. I'll have to retake the entire test, which is depressing since I may have to retake it again if I get a low score

#coffeepals5evr
Oh, that sucks. You'll do fine, just relax. I'm sorry about that day. I hope yew do great next time. Same goes to yew hunting a job @Mocha

#CoffeePals

All three #coffeepals at once?

(Just pretend it's coffee ok?)
Yew forgot @ Lavani Lavani , he's a coffee pal. We just call him vanila

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
@ L Latte

Sorry to hear about that. I took the SAT four times, it's something you just get used to when you're unhappy with your score. I just knew I could do better, and wouldn't stop until I felt that I'd maxed out.

Of course, my parents, rightfully pissed off that I couldn't just go one-and-done, made me pay for the three retakes.

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I literally had never played Sheik, not even in Brawl or Melee, haha. Back in Brawl whenever I accidentally transformed I'd be like "ew gross a penis grew on my crotch suddenly take it away ew"
I'm glad I'm not the only one who refers to Sheik as a he. What do you guys call Sheik? I laughed a little harder than at this than I should have and now I'm curious.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Sheik is Zelda, therefore, Sheik is female. That's literally all there is to it.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I'm glad I'm not the only one who refers to Sheik as a he. What do you guys call Sheik? I laughed a little harder than at this than I should have and now I'm curious.
Hahaha I actually refer to Sheik as a girl in normal conversation but I used to joke with my friends about Zelda being basically Ranma 1/2.

Also, I definitely have to make a mock piece of those coffepals pics with Ghirahim smiling with coffee instead of salad.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Sheik is female.

Never thought of Sheik as a male, I remember having a wtf is wrong with the internet moment when I saw bunch of people seriously trying to argue Sheik being male.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137

#coffeepals5evr
That sounds horrible :(

I hated the ACT because it went way too fast for me. The SAT had a few more gimmicks, but I liked it better because the timing was reasonable.

I ended up retaking both and my score greatly improved on the SAT and my ACT went up by 2, which didn't get me much closer to where I needed to be.

I wish you luck on your retake and with the college process next year.

I refer to Sheik as female because Smash Bros. and Hyrule Warriors refer to her as female and I think she was just trying to act as a male for cover in OoT. It also feels a bit more natural for me to call her female. I don't mind seeing someone else call her a "he" though.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
In OoT Ruto said "a man named shiek rescued me" but aside from that Sheik is generally refereed to as female.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Sheik is female.

Never thought of Sheik as a male, I remember having a wtf is wrong with the internet moment when I saw bunch of people seriously trying to argue Sheik being male.
It will be cool if Shiek is a male. But Nintendo of America had already obviously confirmed that Shiek is a female. So that's that.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
In OoT Ruto said "a man named sheik rescued me" but aside from that Sheik is generally refereed to as female.
I think that's because Ruto doesn't know that Sheik is Zelda in disguise so she just assumes that Sheik is a guy. It's not like Sheik just straight up said, "Hey, I'm male!! Look at my Y chromosome!" #my2cents

Anyway, all debates about Sheik's gender are meaningless since Nintendo has confirmed that Sheik is female.
Sheik is cooler as a female, anyway

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I LOVE THESE VALENTINE'S DAY CARDS SO MUCH OMG.

Zelda gorls confirmed top tier in card making. cccc:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Zelda themed valentines...

You fill my heart containers.

I want to hold and pummel you and never let you grab break.

Unlike my Usmash, my love for you is ever growing.

I want to show you my hitbubbles.

Top Bottom