• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ L Latte ill give a brief explanation on her throws and when to use them tew.

Fthrow- This throw does 11% and is good for stage control. This is if yew need your opponent offstage.

Uthrow- This can follow up into parasol at 0%. At lower percents, this is good for juggling since her uair is super good and has high priority and is disjointed

Bthrow- is her kill throw, this kills near the edge at 120% and can also be used for stage control but is used more for kills when your desperate for a kill at a percent and don't want to comment too much.

Dthrow- is her combo throw. This can follow up into bair, ftilt, and nair

D

Deleted member

@ L Latte If you want, I COULD give you a little Peach training :p I'd be happy to show you some stuffs! (Tho I can only play on 3DS cause no Wii U T_T). If you wanna train, just tell me whenever you wanna play :p

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well I got a new idea thanks to Captain Rage Quit 69. People talk about MUs, right? Well, I don't remember people actually sparring each other during those MU talks. Like, say there's a Bowser talk on the Marth boards, well, they'll invite the Bowser players over and they'll discuss, argue, debate, or whatever word you'd like to use here including theorizing. Well, that's all good, but if there aren't references to go off of like videos of Marth vs. Bowser or higher level players to see what Bowser can do or what Marth can do, then the discussion ends up being mostly based on past experiences and theory. If they sparred during the discussion, then they could have fresh ideas to go off of and it'd be a bit more fun than typing stuff up.

So, if anyone of you want to play against the Falco players, go ahead: there's a NNID/FC sharing thread there: http://smashboards.com/threads/anyone-want-to-exchange-nnids-or-friend-codes.386513/.

And although I linked the Zelda MU thread already, it's here for anyone who wants to check it out: http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-falco-matchup-discussion-04-zelda-fuujins-allowed.388507/.

Also, does anyone, @ BJN39 BJN39 know if Falco's Reflector will clank or whatever with Zelda's Nayru's Love? I remember someone saying Nayru's Love has I-frames, but I don't know since Falco's Reflector isn't a projectile despite looking like one.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Zelda Move Tier List

SSS- Elevator, Dair, Dthrow, Up Taunt, Down Taunt
S- Utilt, Dtilt, Nair, Dash Attack, Side Taunt
A- Nayru's Love, Fsmash, Fair, Bair
B- Ftilt, Dsmash, Uair, Uthrow, Bthrow
C- Fthrow, Phantom, Din's Fire,
D- Usmash

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Zelda Move Tier List

D- Usmash
disappointed in u for saying fsmash is decent

Latte

Smash Ace
@ L Latte I did a little bit of searching and also found another Peach guide from DarkPch. This one is about Peach's neutral game. (link)

In case you didn't know, you can autocancel Peach's fair and bair. The timing for fair is to land once she's about to put her crown back onto her head (after she does the swipe with the crown, obvs) and bair is when she's about to pull her butt back in after the attack (there's really no other way to explain it lol).

edit: lol does anyone actually use tap jump? it's one of the reasons melee gets kinda annoying after a little while because I play sheilda in melee and trying to end ftilt combos with utilt (as sheik) getting aggravating because i jump half the time. brawl was gr8 because they finally gave us the option to turn tap jump off.

edit 2: just check out darkpch's youtube channel because he has guides on stuff like approaching and combos. they seem pretty useful.
I'll check out his channel as soon I have the time to! Thanks for all of the info, by the way. You sound like you know quite a bit about Peach for not maining her.
@ L Latte ill give a brief explanation on her throws and when to use them tew.

Fthrow- This throw does 11% and is good for stage control. This is if yew need your opponent offstage.

Uthrow- This can follow up into parasol at 0%. At lower percents, this is good for juggling since her uair is super good and has high priority and is disjointed

Bthrow- is her kill throw, this kills near the edge at 120% and can also be used for stage control but is used more for kills when your desperate for a kill at a percent and don't want to comment too much.

Dthrow- is her combo throw. This can follow up into bair, ftilt, and nair
I'll keep all of this in mind while playing as her.
I really need to practice grabbing, because I really suck at it LOL. I almost always miss and get punished for it pity me
@ L Latte If you want, I COULD give you a little Peach training :p I'd be happy to show you some stuffs! (Tho I can only play on 3DS cause no Wii U T_T). If you wanna train, just tell me whenever you wanna play :p
@ L Latte yeah I could also train yew on the wii U. I used to main her, along with half the cast
I completely forgot that you guys are/were Peach mains.
Alright, thanks guys; I'd definitely be up for it at some point!
How would training work? Training as in us battling each other or training as in showing me techniques and whatnot?

Also, I play both the 3DS and Wii U versions equally, so it's no problem if you guys only have one of the two versions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll check out his channel as soon I have the time to! Thanks for all of the info, by the way. You sound like you know quite a bit about Peach for not maining her.

I really need to practice grabbing, because I really suck at it LOL. I almost always miss and get punished for it pity me

Alright, I'd definitely be up for it at some point! How would training work? Training as in us battling each other or training as in showing me techniques and whatnot?

Also, I play both the 3DS and Wii U versions equally, so it's no problem if you guys only have one of the two versions.
Well, I kinda go with the battling route. I feel like battling gives you experience and you can learn from those experiences. I don't actually like, use any techniques. I don't watch certain players or anything like that. I kinda learned a lot of what I know by myself :p #INDEPENDENTMEXICAN. If you wanna train with me, just let me know whenever! :p

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Thanks for all of the info, by the way. You sound like you know quite a bit about Peach for not maining her.
yw sis!

lol I hope I know some stuff about her since I lurked the Peach boards for like a month and did a lot of searching and learning about her. I even watched a 2ish hour guide about her. I also spent hours and hours in the lab with her. She's really cool and stuff and I will probably main her, but I feel that before I start actively maining her, I have to learn as much as I can. She's so technical that I think it's necessary. Bad habits are hard to break and all that.

edit: I'd love to practice/train with you once I start playing Peach. I'll let you know that is, sis c:

edit 2:I changed my theme and it's like I'm in a whole new world *-* #smashboardsemerald

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
disappointed in u for saying fsmash is decent
It barely fails for me so yay.

Alright, thanks guys; I'd definitely be up for it at some point!
How would training work? Training as in us battling each other or training as in showing me techniques and whatnot?

Like we would play peach dittos and I would give yew advice after. Also playing dittos is the best way to learn things about that character.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Also, does anyone, @ BJN39 BJN39 know if Falco's Reflector will clank or whatever with Zelda's Nayru's Love? I remember someone saying Nayru's Love has I-frames, but I don't know since Falco's Reflector isn't a projectile despite looking like one.
Well, his reflector isn't a true projectile iirc, and Zelda's Nayru's can't clank, so I think his reflector would just win out.

I'm not sure, but i'd bet Zelda can't be intangible for the whole duration his reflector would overlap with her, so there's that too.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
How do you make gifs from videos? I don't have SSB4 for the Wii U so there's that and I'd need to do something about my 3DS to record stuff. Also, it's can you pause during practice? I might do that to get snapshots of Falco's moves. I don't want to burden Nammy12...

Well, his reflector isn't a true projectile iirc, and Zelda's Nayru's can't clank, so I think his reflector would just win out.

I'm not sure, but i'd bet Zelda can't be intangible for the whole duration his reflector would overlap with her, so there's that too.
NotAnAdmin said Reflector's hitbox might just cancel out.
Not sure but I thought the shine hitbox just kind of gets canceled out. The way it works is pretty weird.

Also another odd thing with Zelda's down b, she can be grabbed and thrown near the start of it's animation almost like the hitboxes don't appear until a certain point. I can't actually show when, but I don't think I'm the only person who has seen this happen, she still has a crystal around her when grabbed as well.
Has anyone else done/seen this?

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Zelda Move Tier List

D- Usmash
S: Taunts
A: Nair, Dthrow, Jab
B: Farores, Utilt, Dtilt, Dair
C: Nayru's Love, Fsmash
D: Dsmash, Uair, all throws but Dthrow, "Lagning Kicks," Grab, Dash Attack, Ftilt
F: Din's Fire, Phantom, Pummel
F- : Usmash

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
How do you make gifs from videos? I don't have SSB4 for the Wii U so there's that and I'd need to do something about my 3DS to record stuff. Also, it's can you pause during practice? I might do that to get snapshots of Falco's moves. I don't want to burden Nammy12...

NotAnAdmin said Reflector's hitbox might just cancel out.
He calleT ha Nayru down B...

I'll do a test, I have access to two SSB3DSs, so I'll just try it out...

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
He calleT ha Nayru down B...

I'll do a test, I have access to two SSB3DSs, so I'll just try it out...
He was talking about both Nayru's Love and Phantom Slash, but didn't specify which. The full conversation started with Captain Rage Quit 69 wondering about Nayru's Love, Macchiato giving input, and NotAnAdmin responding late on Nayru's Love - the first sentence - and then asking about Phantom Slash - the second paragraph.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Do you need Falco's moves in GIF as well?
I can do it if you need them.
Its not a burden at all.

Latte

Smash Ace
Like we would play peach dittos and I would give yew advice after. Also playing dittos is the best way to learn things about that character.
Well, I kinda go with the battling route. I feel like battling gives you experience and you can learn from those experiences. I don't actually like, use any techniques. I don't watch certain players or anything like that. I kinda learned a lot of what I know by myself :p #INDEPENDENTMEXICAN. If you wanna train with me, just let me know whenever! :p
Alright, that's what I assumed. I rarely take the initiative when asking for battles, so if you guys feel like battling, feel free to tag me

@XDanDan612 #independentmexicanwhodontneednotechniques
I'm usually the same way when learning new characters; I just practice and teach myself. With Peach, I thought it would be a good idea to get some info before playing as her since she's so different from the other characters I've played as.

yw sis!

lol I hope I know some stuff about her since I lurked the Peach boards for like a month and did a lot of searching and learning about her. I even watched a 2ish hour guide about her. I also spent hours and hours in the lab with her. She's really cool and stuff and I will probably main her, but I feel that before I start actively maining her, I have to learn as much as I can. She's so technical that I think it's necessary. Bad habits are hard to break and all that.

edit: I'd love to practice/train with you once I start playing Peach. I'll let you know when that is, sis c:

edit 2:I changed my theme and it's like I'm in a whole new world *-* #smashboardsemerald
Sure! Definitely do let me know when you start maining her. The more people I can train with, the merrier

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Do you need Falco's moves in GIF as well?
I can do it if you need them.
Its not a burden at all.
It'd be nice, but you've been doing gifs for Zelda, Dr. Mario, and maybe others that I don't know about. If only I knew where there was a gif dump or image dump for SSB4 moves.

D

Deleted member

Alright, that's what I assumed. I rarely take the initiative when asking for battles, so if you guys feel like battling, feel free to tag me

@XDanDan612 #independentmexicanwhodontneednotechniques
I'm usually the same way when learning new characters; I just practice and teach myself. With Peach, I thought it would be a good idea to get some info before playing as her since she's so different from the other characters I've played as.

Sure! Definitely do let me know when you start maining her. The more people I can train with, the merrier

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Most video editing software has an option to export a gif, or at least export frames as jpgs that you can then combine into a gif.

In virtualdub:

You can't pause in the traditional sense during practice, if I want to screenshot a move I just start a match with a lv1 CPU.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That's going to be a pain in the ***. I thought you could pause in practice on the Wii U version. Did they really get rid of that? It's been in all the games and I don't see a point in getting rid of the ability to pause during practice.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wait so is dins fire a real projectile? It can't really be reflected so yeah
It is and Kofu and I talked about it once. I summed it up as there being three types of projectiles: energy, physical, and blast.

Energy and physical projectiles can be reflected normally. Physical ones usually obey the law of physics while energy usually won't, like Mario's Fireball bouncing up and down and arcing down if shot from the air. Blast projectiles are like Din's Fire and Force Palm. They can't be reflected normally, but when they're reflected, they basically cancel out. That said, since Force Palm's range grows, I think it can hurt Lucario, but I'm not sure. It's weird. Some stuff just don't make sense at times.

Latte

Smash Ace
I was going to make some coffee and play Smash, but a sudden wave of sleepiness just washed over me. Goodnight, sistahs

Top Bottom