• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soul.

Ness can still absorb it so I guess it can be called a projectile.
Speaking of absorbing moves does Ness really use PSI Magnet. I mean it's not like Mii Gunner's Absorbing Vortex which lets Mii Gunner blast off really high with a jump.
Pretty sure PSI Magnet is punishable but whatever.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@Hyrule Candy the traitor has returned. But I wonder why? Are the Ike forums lonely and boring? Or maybe...

:^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Speaking of absorbing moves does Ness really use PSI Magnet. I mean it's not like Mii Gunner's Absorbing Vortex which lets Mii Gunner blast off really high with a jump.
Pretty sure PSI Magnet is punishable but whatever.
If I'm not mistaken, you can act out of PSI Magnet instantly if it absorbs something.

Or maybe that only applied to Fox's reflector idk

Soul.

If I'm not mistaken, you can act out of PSI Magnet instantly if it absorbs something.

Or maybe that only applied to Fox's reflector idk
You can I think.
Don't get what is the point of using it either way. I guess you could absorb → shield right away or something...

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
You can I think.
Don't get what is the point of using it either way. I guess you could absorb → shield right away or something...
The point is you absorb something and recover health and then go back to pressing buttons.

I'm not sure where the hangup is. It's risky to just throw out randomly, yes, but the potential reward against something like Aura Sphere is immense.

Soul.

The point is you absorb something and recover health and then go back to pressing buttons.

I'm not sure where the hangup is. It's risky to just throw out randomly, yes, but the potential reward against something like Aura Sphere is immense.
Specifically speaking, what does reward mean in the concept of Smash Bros.? I haven't got the meaning of it yet.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
i saw the article about that but didn't get to look at it. but FF8 logo looks perfect with SS Zelda and Link
That and the FFX logo looks well too. Well, the FFVIII makes total sense because of their implied relationship. Eyes On Me, eh? I never played FFVIII...

I don't know what the FFXIII is supposed to be for. I think it's Link's Awakening, but it might be another Skyward Sword one because the whale sort of looks like Levias. While the FFVII just works, it sort of looks the least impressive since you'd just have to replace the meteor with the moon from Majora's Mask. I want to see more.

Edit: The FFXIII one is Link's Awakening. It really makes sense because those games do deal with the concept of sleep. Link dreams in Link's Awakening while people can be left to eternally dream or suffer with an immortal nightmare as Cie'th in FFXIII.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
What's up? I saw something about Zelda being mid tier a few pages ago and kind of zoned out after that.

Anyone want to wifi?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Specifically speaking, what does reward mean in the concept of Smash Bros.? I haven't got the meaning of it yet.
Reward simply refers to what you can get out of using the move.

If you hit with Greninja's nair, your reward is 11% and the chance to combo off of it for even more damage (or a kill).

If you use PSI Magnet, the potential reward is healing a hefty 30% that could swing the match back in your favor and potentially bring you back below KO percents

etc

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@Latte
edit: lol does anyone actually use tap jump? it's one of the reasons melee gets kinda annoying after a little while because I play sheilda in melee and trying to end ftilt combos with utilt (as sheik) getting aggravating because i jump half the time. brawl was gr8 because they finally gave us the option to turn tap jump off.
I play with tap jump :(. Always have, since N64.

That's actually the reason I need the GC controller super badly. The Classic Pro controller is nice and all but the stickers are either not sensitive at all or SUPER sensitive. With the GC controller the most gentle push of the stick would give you a tilt. With this stupid thing I'm always randomly jabbing because you have to push it quite a bit for the tilt to register, and a bunch of times I end up doing smash attacks because lol what is sensitivity.

Stupid thing.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Reward simply refers to what you can get out of using the move.

If you hit with Greninja's nair, your reward is 11% and the chance to combo off of it for even more damage (or a kill).

If you use PSI Magnet, the potential reward is healing a hefty 30% that could swing the match back in your favor and potentially bring you back below KO percents

etc
What are Zelda's rewards for doing anything? :p

And then there's Diddy who gets rewards for sitting there. I bet Diddy could sweep a tournament by doing nothing... Damn Diddy for stealing Luigi's schtick. :glare:

Last edited:

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Float Dair to float uair
Float Dair to float dair to float uair
Dthrow to bait
Dtilt to float Nair to Grab to Dthrow to Bair
Float Dair to Jump to Dair to Peach Bomber to fair
Float Dair to fair
Dtilt to parasol
Meanwhile.... in the Bowser Combo Thread .. :

( Hot damn hes boring in this game... )

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

I thought that was Kirby's problem? People said that Kirby cannot get a combo off of any of his throws while pretty much everyone can. There's also Kirby's approach options which people said were more or less nonexistent.

Zelda has moral victories.
@ Ffamran Ffamran can you help me learn the Falco MU by wifi now?
I only have a 3DS.

Check this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/anyone-want-to-exchange-nnids-or-friend-codes.386513/. If and when you and whoever are free.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

I dunno, Dash Slash→Bowser Bomb is pretty erotic.

I thought that was Kirby's problem? People said that Kirby cannot get a combo off of any of his throws while pretty much everyone can. There's also Kirby's approach options which people said were more or less nonexistent.
Kirby's throws don't combo (well, bthrow>bair does at 0% on certain characters with bad DI but ANYWAY). He has utilt chains and dair>stuff, though I think someone was mentioning recently that dair>dsmash isn't actually a combo.

nobody plays kirby idk

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Kirby's throws don't combo (well, bthrow>bair does at 0% on certain characters with bad DI but ANYWAY). He has utilt chains and dair>stuff, though I think someone was mentioning recently that dair>dsmash isn't actually a combo.

nobody plays kirby idk
Poyo does. Look at his killer face. Man goes on a massacre against Shulk and Sonic. :p

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh. I only have Wii U.
So Kirby lost his stupid combo thing from Brawl?
Ask to play Zionaze, NotAnAdmin, GreatDave - he's from Italy, so it might be laggy -, and the others. If only BltzZ and Charhazzard checked in.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Enough with the optimism. I want to wallow in peace. :drsad:
that profile pic though
furret cute.jpg

it's cute
@- Near - are yew gonna make a combo video for zelda like who yew did for peach?
Oh boy, I'm ready for the dtilts and dthrows
What are Zelda's rewards for doing anything? :p
  1. kicking them in the face then screaming "ohhh"
  2. pressing up and B and hope
  3. more hope
  4. lots of hope
nobody plays kirby idk
yo we should go find the kirby players, I heard they live in a place know as smash 64 land

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
But Dash Slash = banned Custom and it's hardly technical or challenging to do ;-;
SSB4's non-Custom play = he literally has no combos or tech + even vids saying
" Bowser cannot do this " whilst the entire cast can :(

I've no reason to play my favorite character anymore ;-;

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Eh, combos are overrated.

When you have Bowser's usmash and bair + OoS Fortress you don't need anything else.

Though I will admit 1.0.4 gutting Dedede's dthrow combos was extremely heartbreaking for me.

Pac-Man gimps are my favorite part of smash 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Wow letting Macchiato slide on them seconds apart from each other but getting me on it for two posts half an hour apart, I see how it is :drflip:

sorry

Hmm, I guess everyone's out on a coffee break... >_>
I should be.

Time to be.

Spirst

Wow letting Macchiato slide on them seconds apart from each other but getting me on it for two posts half an hour apart, I see how it is :drflip:

sorry

I should be.

Time to be.
To be fair, I didn't even realize he did so/don't remember him doing so since I just follow the reports. All is forgiven.

That is both creepy and kinky. Pick your poison. :p
Neither.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
To be fair, I didn't even realize he did so/don't remember him doing so since I just follow the reports. All is forgiven.

Neither.

Aww, a Cookie Monster plushie! You can be friends with MisterVideoGaming, the Substitute doll. Wait a minute... Lavani's a girl?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Aww, a Cookie Monster plushie! You can be friends with MisterVideoGaming, the Substitute doll. Wait a minute... Lavani's a girl?
can't a guy have fine legs (people these days so discriminant about how others should look shesh)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I still use Falco (as a secondary) but holy ****, Sonic is fun :4sonic:
Gross.

I'm only slightly salty that Sonic has some of the best throws in the game and gets major reward on hit despite being the fastest character. Only slightly.

Gross.

I'm only slightly salty that Sonic has some of the best throws in the game and gets major reward on hit despite being the fastest character. Only slightly.
I really can't defend him though but I'll just say, he's fun to use

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
also why do his usmash and sideB have invuln frames

also why does his dair outprioritize things like Rosalina uair, completely body people when used to punish ledgesnaps, and have less commit time than other divekicks to ensure he can recover after using it offstage

Top Bottom