• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Oh.

Does Peach actually have combos aside from that crazy nair-lock stuff?

I skipped looking at her in this game because I just accepted she was going to be too technical for me right off the bat.
she can combo dair into dair, then into more dairs if there are platforms
Edit: I only post ridiculous combos cause reasons

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace
Oh.

Does Peach actually have combos aside from that crazy nair-lock stuff?

I skipped looking at her in this game because I just accepted she was going to be too technical for me right off the bat.
I'm not quite sure what constitutes a combo, but she has a lot of attacks that chain together. She's really fun to use, but I just can't seem to get the whole "attacking while floating" thing down. Most of the time during floats I just blindly press buttons and hope I hit.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
So basically you do something involving pressing down and then you can probably do something after it.

Got it.

EDIT: Wow there is no end lag on her dair what the hell

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace
Float Dair to float uair
Float Dair to float dair to float uair
Dthrow to bait
Dtilt to float Nair to Grab to Dthrow to Bair
Float Dair to Jump to Dair to Peach Bomber to fair
Float Dair to fair
Dtilt to parasol
I can pull off basically all of those, but dair to dair confuses me. I saw it in the Peach combo video (which was really fun to watch), but I can't get it to work. Maybe I just need to work on aiming my dairs better.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So basically you do something involving pressing down and then you can probably do something after it.

Got it.

EDIT: Wow there is no end lag on her dair what the hell
Down smash to down b to down air to down special

Zero death combo

If you get a bobomb twice

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I can pull off basically all of those, but dair to dair confuses me. I saw it in the Peach combo video (which was really fun to watch), but I can't get it to work. Maybe I just need to work on aiming my dairs better.
I'm sure with DI it's actually just a hard combo
Down smash to down b to down air to down special

Zero death combo

If you get a bobomb twice
I like your style

Latte

Smash Ace
EDIT: SB keeps randomly glitching and showing all of the text on the site as being center-aligned. Has it been doing this to anyone else? It's not a huge deal, but it's annoying me.
pick sanic
sanic sp33d dood

ur 2 slo

r4dicul
I'm sure with DI it's actually just a hard combo
That's possible, though it's more likely due to me not being good at Smash.
I'll have to look at the video again; it's possible I'm just not floating at the correct altitude.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Swooosh. Farore's Wind into the Zelda boards. What's up everyone! I see there's a lot of people plagued by the storm, I hope you all stay safe!

On another ontopic note; Heard from some of my friends my Zelda's getting quite scary to fight against. Guess that's a compliment, hehe. Hoping to improve my tactics even more by visiting the Zelda boards!
Hai! ^o^ Now then...

:039::colorful::colorful::colorful:WELCOME TO THE SOCIAL, AMIGO! :colorful::colorful::colorful::039:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
A tip for Peach:
Dtilt combos into a lot of her stuff. Use dtilt as much as possible. It's fantastic.

dtilt is love; dtilt is life.

edit: forgot to mention that parasol is weirdly good as a combo finisher and a lot of Peach's stuff combos into parasol. try it out!

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Can anyone explain what happened here?
Kirby isn't "finished" with his upB until the animation ends, so if he gets pushed offstage he'll end up in helpless even after landing.

It actually happens to a surprising amount of characters.

Latte

Smash Ace
A tip for Peach:
Dtilt combos into a lot of her stuff. Use dtilt as much as possible. It's fantastic.

dtilt is love; dtilt is life.

edit: forgot to mention that parasol is weirdly good as a combo finisher and a lot of Peach's stuff combos into parasol. try it out!
I've noticed that. It's kind of difficult for me to actually hit with dtilts, but I'll try to implement them into my Peach playstyle more.

And yessss, the parasol is my favorite of Peach's moves. It's so satisfying when you get all of the hits in.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
OMG Jigglypuff why is Leaping Rest so terrible?

It's not a kill move. Jiggs herself isn't killed by the sweetspot ON THE BOTTOM OF IT until 90% on BF. And the upward hit on BF's top plat doesn't kill until 95%! The fact that the sweetspot isn't at the apex is asinine. It even combos from u-throw, but since it does absolutely nothing, it's all risk and no reward and just not worth it.

It's not a recovery either. Even if it rides the underside, it doesn't count if you can't grab the ledge. While I'd prefer more kill potential, I wouldn't mind the recovery route either as it would be difficult to take on a speeding pink blob of 15+flower damage.

But as Leaping Rest chose to be neither, it just flat out sucks. I thought you could do better, Sakurai.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I've noticed that. It's kind of difficult for me to actually hit with dtilts, but I'll try to implement them into my Peach playstyle more.

And yessss, the parasol is my favorite of Peach's moves. It's so satisfying when you get all of the hits in.
Peach is so fun to play and I really want to main her, but at the same time, I'm terrified to play her because I don't want to create any bad habits. I need to ask the Peach boards about how to begin playing her, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Dtilt has a deceptively large hitbox. You can stand decently far away and still hit. I'd say just play around with dtilt in training and see if you can get the spacing on it down because Peach is all about being safe. Also, I'd recommend looking up the QFR (I think it stands for Quick Float Release, but I'm not sure) and learning that. It really improves Peach's poor mobility. DarkPch made a guide for it, but I'm not sure if I can find it again...I'll look and see.

found it: here you go

it's kinda difficult but it'll make your peach a lot better.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Kirby isn't "finished" with his upB until the animation ends, so if he gets pushed offstage he'll end up in helpless even after landing.

It actually happens to a surprising amount of characters.
The classic example being Din's Fire. :054:

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
In other news, I was playing some FG Doubles as WFT (Hew is top tier there.) and it got to sudden death. It was Me and Mario, VS Robin (gorl version because relevant.) and teamie Yoshi.

After a little Mario and Yoshi had died, and it was just me and Robin. So I'm at the edge spamming Soccer balls (Cause for some unholy reason they KO in sudden death lmao) while Robin gorl just continues shielding them, and charging a thunder.

After a while ha shield was around 50% left, and I did one more header JUST as the bombs start falling.

It hits her shield, and then a bomb hits it

And it breaks. xD

Then the force pushes her over the edge and she just tumbles to ha death. Waaaaaaaat

AND YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED NEXT?!

Gorl Robin : "I WAS CARELESS!"

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
2114 battles online and I finally fought my first opponent that can dashdance.

My memory is godawful so I already forgot their name, but it would be great if I could find them again :drsad: Something like "Rachiser" I think, the full name was cut off. He played Dark Pit and Mega Man.

Incidentally, Rosalina seems to be able to challenge Electroshock. I'm guessing Luma prompts it to swing early and then the attack doesn't have superarmor?

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
If Zelda was a Pokemon Trainer, she'd be like Sabrina from Pokemon, or communicate with her Pokemon telepathically. Imagine her opponent never knowing what she's gonna do next, because she doesn't speak it out loud, she just... plans it all in her mind.

With this in mind, she'd be a fabulous trainer

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

It's not a kill move. Jiggs herself isn't killed by the sweetspot ON THE BOTTOM OF IT until 90% on BF. And the upward hit on BF's top plat doesn't kill until 95%! The fact that the sweetspot isn't at the apex is asinine. It even combos from u-throw, but since it does absolutely nothing, it's all risk and no reward and just not worth it.

It's not a recovery either. Even if it rides the underside, it doesn't count if you can't grab the ledge. While I'd prefer more kill potential, I wouldn't mind the recovery route either as it would be difficult to take on a speeding pink blob of 15+flower damage.

But as Leaping Rest chose to be neither, it just flat out sucks. I thought you could do better, Sakurai.
I'm fairly certain Sing is the worst moves in the game but it's customs somehow make it even worse.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

I didn't realize it still had a sweetspot at the start though, lol

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
GGs @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 that was fun. Tbh I expected yew to use shulk more but either way it was fun. Any zelda or ike advice?
Thanks & GG ^^ I honestly don't have any advice, you're really good. Maybe be more careful attacking on shield since I kept getting you with Robin's Nosferatu? Idk. Omg I laughed when you broke my shield with Zelda's LK cuz I literally just posted in the custom moves thread when i was talking about Phantom Breaker about how LK's have sooooo much shield damage

I didn't use Shulk that much cuz I feel comfortable with him but wanted to improve my other chars. Any advice for my Rosa? I love using her but I think she needs a lot of improvement

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Thanks & GG ^^ I honestly don't have any advice, you're really good. Maybe be more careful attacking on shield since I kept getting you with Robin's Nosferatu? Idk. Omg I laughed when you broke my shield with Zelda's LK cuz I literally just posted in the custom moves thread when i was talking about Phantom Breaker about how LK's have sooooo much shield damage

I didn't use Shulk that much cuz I feel comfortable with him but wanted to improve my other chars. Any advice for my Rosa? I love using her but I think she needs a lot of improvement
One thing I noticed was yew went for nairs when I wasn't even near yew and it let me Farore's wind at yew and kill luma. I didn't see anything else wrong, I think it was just the MU Cuz in imo zelda wins. You're really good tew

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
One thing I noticed was yew went for nairs when I wasn't even near yew and it let me Farore's wind at yew and kill luma. I didn't see anything else wrong, I think it was just the MU Cuz in imo zelda wins. You're really good tew
Ty girl~ her nair is a good spacing option with Luma but I guess I should be more careful with it and find different ways to approach

is it weird I also think the mu is even or slightly in Zelda's favor? I thought I had the most unpopular opinion ever lol

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Ty girl~ her nair is a good spacing option with Luma but I guess I should be more careful with it and find different ways to approach

is it weird I also think the mu is even or slightly in Zelda's favor? I thought I had the most unpopular opinion ever lol
No I always had that opinion but the girls kept telling me I was wrong

Latte

Smash Ace
Peach is so fun to play and I really want to main her, but at the same time, I'm terrified to play her because I don't want to create any bad habits. I need to ask the Peach boards about how to begin playing her, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Dtilt has a deceptively large hitbox. You can stand decently far away and still hit. I'd say just play around with dtilt in training and see if you can get the spacing on it down because Peach is all about being safe. Also, I'd recommend looking up the QFR (I think it stands for Quick Float Release, but I'm not sure) and learning that. It really improves Peach's poor mobility. DarkPch made a guide for it, but I'm not sure if I can find it again...I'll look and see.

found it: here you go

it's kinda difficult but it'll make your peach a lot better.
Thanks for the info! I was watching some of DarkPch's matches earlier, and was wondering how he was able to move so sporadically. I'll have to practice QFR in training mode later, as it looks really useful.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Thanks for the info! I was watching some of DarkPch's matches earlier, and was wondering how he was able to move so sporadically. I'll have to practice QFR in training mode later, as it looks really useful.
I actually miss brawls peach Bomber, I loved using it to edgeguard and if it hit, the opponent probably didn't recover. Also using Jump Canceled turnup tosses are pretty good and also as a peach, yew don't want to use tap jump.

Latte

Smash Ace
I actually miss brawls peach Bomber, I loved using it to edgeguard and if it hit, the opponent probably didn't recover. Also using Jump Canceled turnup tosses are pretty good and also as a peach, yew don't want to use tap jump.
Yeah, I have tap jump off for all of my characters. I don't see the point of tap jump, to be honest. All it does is mess up my utilts.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
@ L Latte I did a little bit of searching and also found another Peach guide from DarkPch. This one is about Peach's neutral game. (link)

In case you didn't know, you can autocancel Peach's fair and bair. The timing for fair is to land once she's about to put her crown back onto her head (after she does the swipe with the crown, obvs) and bair is when she's about to pull her butt back in after the attack (there's really no other way to explain it lol).

edit: lol does anyone actually use tap jump? it's one of the reasons melee gets kinda annoying after a little while because I play sheilda in melee and trying to end ftilt combos with utilt (as sheik) getting aggravating because i jump half the time. brawl was gr8 because they finally gave us the option to turn tap jump off.

edit 2: just check out darkpch's youtube channel because he has guides on stuff like approaching and combos. they seem pretty useful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom