• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
also why do his usmash and sideB have invuln frames

also why does his dair outprioritize things like Rosalina uair, completely body people when used to punish ledgesnaps, and have less commit time than other divekicks to ensure he can recover after using it offstage

Ah, the perks of being a Falco main. Spin Dash or Spin Charge? Reflector. Flame Choke, Raptor Boost, Wizard's Foot, or Falcon Kick? Reflector. PK Fire or Arcfire? Reflector. Phantom Slash or Luma Shot? Reflector. Charge Shot or Aura Sphere? Reflector - it's better if they launch it at pointblank and you use Reflector. Force Palm? Reflector. Reflector is the best thing since sliced bread and we all know that Falco loves bread. :p

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
also why do his usmash and sideB have invuln frames

also why does his dair outprioritize things like Rosalina uair, completely body people when used to punish ledgesnaps, and have less commit time than other divekicks to ensure he can recover after using it offstage

cause it spikes, duh

not like rosalina isn't ridiculous in her own ways

Rizen

Smash Legend
Found a random browser-based visual novel about the adventures of Robin going into the Smash world to get a gift for his mop... I mean Lucina. :^)
I was brain-dead, locked out, numb, not up to speed: what's mop mean in this context?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
LOL I checked my Zelda guide video and saw a lot of crying. These are my trophies, the salt of my viewers:

Zelda'sAerialsAreGreat said:
Do you even play as Zelda? Did you just pick a random character to make a guide for? Fair, dair, and din's fire are all great moves.
LIGHTNING KICKS ARE OP said:
Her Nair is pretty damn great but he just talked **** about 2 instant 20% damage moves that are stupidly safe if spaced well.
Wario Up Taunt said:
Nobody watch this, it's bad, dins fire is great and makes you glide in the air, farores wind is awesome too, you can juke your opponents by teleporting in different directions and using it in place to confuse them, it also is very very good for recovering, her dash attack is just as good as everyone else's ,I want to watch a video for fun not listen to this guy complain about one of the better characters in the game, zelda isn't the problem, you are!
Nairu fan said:
You need to watch Nairu play Zelda to know that she's no where close to garbage.
Dash Attack is OP said:
Dash attack is bad?

Ok, now I can confirm that this guide is not good.
omfqDin'sFire said:
The fact that you called Din's Fire garbage confirms to me that you have no clue how to play Zelda.
Same Guy said:
What i've been doing lately is use my down B as a buffer zone between me and the opponent since either they back off or try to rush you when they see you charge it. So if they back off you have the go-ahead to charge it all the way and keep them walled off for one or two Din's fires, and if they rush you, you can let it go partially charged it becomes a good quick "get off me" move.
Oop said:
Just a thought... do you perhaps main Zelda at all?
.___. said:
but her good moves are pretty good.
gurls said:
I like to think Din's fire is only good for right when the opponent lands or is in stun from an up-special

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I got bored and checked the win rate of my top 5 characters used online.

:4dedede: 779/907 (85.89%)
:4greninja: 487/614 (79.32%)
:rosalina: 431/527 (81.78%)
:4jigglypuff: 15/29 (51.72%)
:4metaknight: 15/28 (53.57%)

Puffballs are hard. :drsad: I could probably learn Jiggs if I put in a bit more effort (I just try to be more aggressive with her than I should be), but Meta Knight is too non-intuitive to me no matter how badly I want to try and learn him.

Also for the hell of it:

:4zelda: 3/6 (50.00%) :secretkpop:

"You need to watch Nairu play Zelda to know that she's no where close to garbage."
"It's-a me, Nario!"

Why are people so bad at names? Commentators even say them a billion times during matches, how do you even get those sorts of spellings from hearing his name pronounced?

Somewhat related, I found the reddit thread about my knee perfect landing gfy and someone called me Lynani :mad088:

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
What's up? I saw something about Zelda being mid tier a few pages ago and kind of zoned out after that
Oh it was probably me. Imo she's a mid tier

LOL I checked my Zelda guide video and saw a lot of crying. These are my trophies, the salt of my viewers:
Wow, can't yew just feel the love. The quality of your viewers. Even tho I disagreed with like half of the video, I gave it a like anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I've heard rumors that the first hit of usmash can combo into more hits of usmash on a good day.

I think they thought that they were watching Brawl footage

Even if Din's was already garbage at that game

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
OH GOD I CAN'T BREATHE.

Better start using Din's Fire to glide in the air and spam dash attack and TOTALLY safe Lightning Kicks just like our fellow sistah Nairu does. They must be so good, they don't need no Smashboards, right? :^)

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Din's Fire is her best move! I love accidentally using it when I'm trying to recover and then falling to my death! IS DIN'S GLIDING A NEW AT??? Dash attack is safe on shield and unpunishable!:4pacman:

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
@ Spirst Spirst

I like the directory you made, good stuff! I think the Kalos Player Finder link might be broken though. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help btw.

*edit* wrong character thread LOL, I'm just so used to seeing Spirst here as well

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
*edit* wrong character thread LOL, I'm just so used to seeing Spirst here as well
Mocha sis, did you perhaps forget your morning coffee to be able to mistake the best social thread in SB with something else?

*insert bottom tier hair flip here*

Spirst

@ Spirst Spirst

I like the directory you made, good stuff! I think the Kalos Player Finder link might be broken though. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help btw.

I could always just move your post to The Pond but leaving it here is funnier so I'll do that.

Thanks though, I fixed it now. Good to have you around. I love that people there want to contribute but once I saw users making threads 'discovering' grounded hydro pumps as an AT, I knew some direction was needed.

To answer your question from the other social, I'm in NY. Needless to say, I'm not amused by all this snow. I hate snow. It's fun for like one day then the novelty value wears off and I hate life.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
hurt my eyes/brain to read that, I will admit though (even if I haven't watched the "guide" in some time) I think you could have done a better job saying why some moves are bad. Like you might be speaking the truth, but people aren't accept it with out a reason
Mocha sis, did you perhaps forget your morning coffee to be able to mistake the best social thread in SB with something else?

*insert bottom tier hair flip here*
I had fruit this morning :D
Furret_with_an_Oran_Berry_by_silverava.png

he had berries

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I could always just move your post to The Pond but leaving it here is funnier so I'll do that.

Thanks though, I fixed it now. Good to have you around. I love that people there want to contribute but once I saw users making threads 'discovering' grounded hydro pumps as an AT, I knew some direction was needed.

To answer your question from the other social, I'm in NY. Needless to say, I'm not amused by all this snow. I hate snow. It's fun for like one day then the novelty value wears off and I hate life.
Yeah, creating such threads seems to be a common trend in just about every character board. Our Zelda sisterhood has quite a bit of clutter too imo, with like what, 5 threads discussing Phantom, 2 discussing Ferrari's Wind, one for down throw to up air, etc. I can never bring myself to create a new thread, unless I've talked about it with the mods.

NY, hm? Yeah I heard things are pretty rough in that area, what, with the blizzard and whatnot. One of my friends who lives there said you guys got a ridiculous amount of snow and had to stay home. If you don't like snow, come to Texas. That is, if you can put up with the oven temperature in the summer :p

Spirst

Yeah, creating such threads seems to be a common trend in just about every character board. Our Zelda sisterhood has quite a bit of clutter too imo, with like what, 5 threads discussing Phantom, 2 discussing Ferrari's Wind, one for down throw to up air, etc. I can never bring myself to create a new thread, unless I've talked about it with the mods.

NY, hm? Yeah I heard things are pretty rough in that area, what, with the blizzard and whatnot. One of my friends who lives there said you guys got a ridiculous amount of snow and had to stay home. If you don't like snow, come to Texas. That is, if you can put up with the oven temperature in the summer :p
If only it was Ferrari's Wind. Being faster would be nice.
Yeah, the snow was bad two days ago. A number of stuff shut down. Sucks because this happened after my class so it's not like I even benefitted by getting to miss that.

I'd been meaning to go to Texas sometime soon. Not a big fan of oven temperature though. Least I know that if the power goes out, I could always cook my breakfast on the sidewalk.

Last edited:
I'd been meaning to go to Texas sometime soon.
Also had the same thoughts too. I might have plans but it depends on several things going on in my life right now. I hope I can go this summer because my break is super long this year (half a year).

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Well if either of you ever come down over here, give me a shout. Maybe we can do some friendlies sometime. Also gotta treat you guys to shopping and getting our nails done to the best steakhouse in the state. Unless of course, you're a vegetarian, in which case I feel sorry for you.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Well if either of you ever come down over here, give me a shout. Maybe we can do some friendlies sometime. Also gotta treat you guys to shopping and getting our nails done to the best steakhouse in the state. Unless of course, you're a vegetarian, in which cause I feel sorry for you.
the chances of me being in Texas ever is probably lower then me being in a red lobster. Which will be never, I can make better sea food myself

Spirst

Well if either of you ever come down over here, give me a shout. Maybe we can do some friendlies sometime. Also gotta treat you guys to shopping and getting our nails done to the best steakhouse in the state. Unless of course, you're a vegetarian, in which cause I feel sorry for you.
Nothing against vegetarians, but in no way am I one. I gotta have my steak or people will get hurt.

You play Smash Wii U online btw? Not in Texas at the moment so it's kinda hard to do local friendlies unless you have a really really long GCC wire.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I recently wake up, my hair looks like Anna's in that one scene of frozen, and what do I see but this ignorant Zelda stuff.

Y. y YT commenters. You don't....no.

*goes back to bed*

I'd seriously rather hear Kuro's appealing accent call her everything "gahbage" even though I always feel he overstates ha garbage ness.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
the chances of me being in Texas ever is probably lower then me being in a red lobster. Which will be never, I can make better sea food myself
This is why you go get your nails done then. At least for the massage part ^^

Nothing against vegetarians, but in no way am I one. I gotta have my steak or people will get hurt.

You play Smash Wii U online btw? Not in Texas at the moment so it's kinda hard to do local friendlies unless you have a really really long GCC wire.
Same. I can understand if someone has some health condition that would prevent them from being able to consume meat, but yeah... I guess some things aren't for everyone. I still have yet to like sea food, even though I want to :c

I play online on occasion, but I have limited free time due to full-time work and evening classes in college, so the weekend is probably the best time for me to play. Feel free to add me if you'd like, and we can arrange something. I still owe @ Macchiato Macchiato some games too. If you guys can put up with my terrible wifi dexterity, I'm down.

Top Bottom