• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Spirst

This is why you go get your nails done then. At least for the massage part ^^

Same. I can understand if someone has some health condition that would prevent them from being able to consume meat, but yeah... I guess some things aren't for everyone. I still have yet to like sea food, even though I want to :c

I play online on occasion, but I have limited free time due to full-time work and evening classes in college, so the weekend is probably the best time for me to play. Feel free to add me if you'd like, and we can arrange something. I still owe @Macchiato some games too. If you guys can put up with my terrible wifi dexterity, I'm down.
I personally despise sea food despite my efforts to put up with it. I'm not sure why but it has never appealed to me.

Weekends are fine. I have class during the week + personal obligations so nighttime or weekends are usually when I'm most available. I'll add you later on when I get home and hope we can play sometime within 2015.

I'm curious, what's your major? Bio major here.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I like sea food.

I'm not the type who could get a massage. I don't trust people or like strangers touching me. :/

Lol YT comments. Not enough facepalm gifs in the world to cover all those.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Seafood is great especially raw. I'm in the full time work and night class gig too :(

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I personally despise sea food despite my efforts to put up with it. I'm not sure why but it has never appealed to me.

Weekends are fine. I have class during the week + personal obligations so nighttime or weekends are usually when I'm most available. I'll add you later on when I get home and hope we can play sometime within 2015.

I'm curious, what's your major? Bio major here.
I know, right? It's funny because I can't stand the smell of fish/sea food, but I love an ocean breeze. There are some things you hate as a kid that you end up liking when you're older. Sea food hasn't been that thing for me yet.

I should be hopefully clear this weekend of things to do. Do we have any xat or chat for any of our characters by any chance? I remember we used to have a Zelda xat, but that one died out a long time ago.

Bio? That's great, my cousin is aiming for that as well, and he's got a great head-start since he graduated in the army. As for me, I'm still a bit undecided, and taking mostly my core classes at the moment. I love writing, but I don't want to do journalism. Writing stories also seem like something that would work better as an entertainment/side hobby/job thing, but if I get enough inspiration, I could pursue it. Lately I've been considering studying nutrition, and going from there, but haven't decided yet on what to specialize in.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
If money weren't an issue I'd love to teach English, music, or taxes. Nutrition sounds great.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
If money weren't an issue I'd love to teach English, music, or taxes. Nutrition sounds great.
Aleate, your avie has to be the most adorable Helioptile I have ever seen. So kawaii :3

I wouldn't mind teaching English too tbh, but professions as teachers seem to be so highly discouraged.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Random Topic;
I like searching on google maps where people say they are from/located in there profiles

• @ BJN39 BJN39 - is apparently at the Iowa state fair in winter
  • @ Mocha Mocha - is "at" the Davenport junior theater in Illinois
  • @ Spirst Spirst - PANGAEA - Data Publisher for Earth & Environmental Science in Germany, what's it like there Sprist?
  • @berserker01 - is "located" at the water of life church in texas
  • @S.F.L.R_9 - the Katsura Imperial Village in Japan
  • @Ffamran - Simply Soothing in Iowa, tell me, is it soothing?

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Random Topic;
I like searching on google maps where people say they are from/located in there profiles

• @ BJN39 BJN39 - is apparently at the Iowa state fair in winter
  • @ Mocha Mocha - is "at" the Davenport junior theater in Illinois
  • @ Spirst Spirst - PANGAEA - Data Publisher for Earth & Environmental Science in Germany, what's it like there Sprist?
  • @berserker01 - is "located" at the water of life church in texas
  • @S.F.L.R_9 - the Katsura Imperial Village in Japan
  • @Ffamran - Simply Soothing in Iowa, tell me, is it soothing?
That's weird, mine came up as Sky High Party Rentals o.O

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Aleate, your avie has to be the most adorable Helioptile I have ever seen. So kawaii :3

I wouldn't mind teaching English too tbh, but professions as teachers seem to be so highly discouraged.
Helioptile and Heliolisk are my favourite Pokemon. Teaching is a fine profession. It's a public job and unionized so they get obscene benefits and pensions here.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
These locations lol, is it what pops up if you click our location names?

Ooh, it says mocha is in IL, then I should definitely try to go and say hi from Iowa

*checks to see how close ha location would be to self*

Spirst

I know, right? It's funny because I can't stand the smell of fish/sea food, but I love an ocean breeze. There are some things you hate as a kid that you end up liking when you're older. Sea food hasn't been that thing for me yet.

I should be hopefully clear this weekend of things to do. Do we have any xat or chat for any of our characters by any chance? I remember we used to have a Zelda xat, but that one died out a long time ago.

Bio? That's great, my cousin is aiming for that as well, and he's got a great head-start since he graduated in the army. As for me, I'm still a bit undecided, and taking mostly my core classes at the moment. I love writing, but I don't want to do journalism. Writing stories also seem like something that would work better as an entertainment/side hobby/job thing, but if I get enough inspiration, I could pursue it. Lately I've been considering studying nutrition, and going from there, but haven't decided yet on what to specialize in.
The only fish I really tolerate is Goldfish cheese crackers. I love those things. But yeah, I get you. I love going to the beach and smelling the sea. Unless I go to the Coney Island beach in which case I'll just smell pollution and rotten hot dogs. I also don't like pickles though I did as a kid.

This weekend seems good if you're free. I'll be busy Saturday during the day but I'm awake all night because of my nocturnal behavior. As for chats, Greninja boards have a Skype group but I've only posted there once and it's pretty slow/dead now. I'm on skype fairly often though so we can just do that if you have one.

Yeah, bio. I really want to get into field research for either paleontology or astrobiology. I'd been leaning towards the latter lately because wow, space science is extremely interesting. Being undecided is fine too at the moment. Experimentation with potential fields is a good thing and will help you be more open-minded rather than having the narrow mindset of only caring about one thing and limiting your options. Writing is an essential skill to have in almost every field so it'll come in use regardless. Not sure about it as a major though since I usually hear that English degrees are great for unemployment. If you could make it really work though, go for it. Nutrition is an interesting field that I don't have much experience in. I wish modern culture was a little less specialization-focused. One of the cool things about the Italian Renaissance was the idea of being a polymath; someone who has a lot of knowledge in various fields. I guess there's just too much information nowadays for that to be a likely thing though.

Wow, I wrote more than I thought I would.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Come to Vancouver where seafood (and food in general) is delicious~. Oh, and a big wallet too, because it IS the second most-expensive city to live in. :p

Living here for my entire life and I still probably haven't ate all the cuisine types here.

combining the previous seafood topic with the now location topic = I'm top tier in threads :^)

Latte

Smash Ace
UGGGHhGHhgh

I have to think about what colleges I want my ACT scores sent to. I have no idea what field I want to go into, so I don't have the first clue as to how I would choose a college. Price is obviously a large part, but what else can I go off of? Where it's located? I've always wanted to live in the bustling city area of New York, so maybe I'll look at NY colleges.
I hate thinking about my future plans for life.

/deardiary

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
These locations lol, is it what pops up if you click our location names?
ya google maps is stupid, but it giving a location at all is fairly entertaining
Ooh, it says mocha is in IL, then I should definitely try to go and say hi from Iowa
man I wish you guys were in Iowa, I could bug you in person that way

Spirst

Random Topic;

Eet is very güd. I vill never vant to leef.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm a little late to the party but...
I want to watch a video for fun not listen to this guy complain about one of the better characters in the game, zelda isn't the problem
Is this why Zelda didn't get buffed? Because the n00bs think she's op with her lightning kicks? lol "one of the better characters"

on the topic of college and stuff:

I still have about a year before I have to actively search for colleges or anything but I've basically decided that I'll major in French. Idk what i'll do with my degree, though, once i get it. Something like teaching/international affairs/translating/idk there's a lot of options. I'll probably move to France, too. #ineedtostartsaving

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
The only fish I really tolerate is Goldfish cheese crackers. I love those things. But yeah, I get you. I love going to the beach and smelling the sea. Unless I go to the Coney Island beach in which case I'll just smell pollution and rotten hot dogs. I also don't like pickles though I did as a kid.

This weekend seems good if you're free. I'll be busy Saturday during the day but I'm awake all night because of my nocturnal behavior. As for chats, Greninja boards have a Skype group but I've only posted there once and it's pretty slow/dead now. I'm on skype fairly often though so we can just do that if you have one.

Yeah, bio. I really want to get into field research for either paleontology or astrobiology. I'd been leaning towards the latter lately because wow, space science is extremely interesting. Being undecided is fine too at the moment. Experimentation with potential fields is a good thing and will help you be more open-minded rather than having the narrow mindset of only caring about one thing and limiting your options. Writing is an essential skill to have in almost every field so it'll come in use regardless. Not sure about it as a major though since I usually hear that English degrees are great for unemployment. If you could make it really work though, go for it. Nutrition is an interesting field that I don't have much experience in. I wish modern culture was a little less specialization-focused. One of the cool things about the Italian Renaissance was the idea of being a polymath; someone who has a lot of knowledge in various fields. I guess there's just too much information nowadays for that to be a likely thing though.

Wow, I wrote more than I thought I would.
Goldfish crackers <3

And yeah, I hear you... Galveston beach is the worst here in TX. The water is browner than a latte.

.... actually scratch that comparison, don't want to ruin my image of lovely drinks.

As for Skype, I check there a bit less than I would like, but it's good to have a reason to go there. The main problem with me being inactive on Skype though is that when I'm in part of various groups, I tend to have like 2,000 messages + whenever I log on, and my computer ends up having a heart attack <.<

Space science is pretty awesome - I took an astronomy class in college, and we had loads of fun. Our teacher even took us to an observatory so that we could use their expensive telescopes and gear to do our star-gazing. Course, this being Texas and the polluted air that it is, we went to like the middle of nowhere, far from the city, and where the area was all clean, and the stars actually existed in the sky. Really fun stuff, and I wish you the best of luck with your potential goal.

Mhm, writing is one of those things that are essential in almost every field, as you said, but is trickier to make a good living out of by itself. Which is a real shame, because I love it. I'll be that one student in class who's all excited about writing essays, while everyone is groaning about it. I'm just a weird person, I guess, lol.

Last edited:

Spirst

Goldfish crackers <3

And yeah, I hear you... Galveston beach is the worst here in TX. The water is browner than a latte.

.... actually scratch that comparison, don't want to ruin my image of lovely drinks.

As for Skype, I check there a bit less than I would like, but it's good to have a reason to go there. The main problem with me being inactive on Skype though is that when I'm in part of various groups, I tend to have like 2,000 messages + whenever I log on, and my computer ends up having a heart attack <.<

Space science is pretty awesome - I took an astronomy class in college, and we had loads of fun. Our teacher even took us to an observatory so that we could use their expensive telescopes and gear to do our star-gazing. Course, this being Texas and the polluted air that it is, we went to like the middle of nowhere, far from the city, and where the area was all clean, and the stars actually existed in the sky. Really fun stuff, and I wish you the best of luck with your potential goal.

Mhm, writing is one of those things that are essential in almost every field, as you said, but is trickier to make a good living out of by itself. Which is a real shame, because I love it. I'll be that one student in class who's all excited about writing essays, while everyone is groaning about it. I'm just a weird person, I guess, lol.
Could be worse. Could always be this:

This is particularly depressing.
You can disable notifications from groups on Skype, I believe. I remember having done so because of the same problem. Something to look into if your computer is acting dumber than YouTube commentors.

Space science is one of those subjects I find it hard to believe anyone could not have even a mild interest in. There is so much depth and thought-provoking concepts in it that you could study it for a lifetime and still have scraped the surface. I went to a camp a few years ago and got to see the moon/Jupiter through a telescope. Surprisingly, the moon isn't made out of cheese.

I actually like writing too, to be honest. Essay writing was never an issue for me and I enjoy playing with words. I agree though that making a living as a writer would be quite difficult similar to how it'd be difficult to make it as a visual artist. I dabble a lot in drawing but I relegate it more to a side hobby than a career aspiration because of how tight jobs would be. Paleoart is cool though.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Found a video alternatively titled "1000 ways to land a Lightning Kick on a For Glory opponent". Because that was literally 65% of the video, haha. :p

I'll be honest though, some of the stuff here were pretty cool, especially those Dair shenanigans and FW ledge cancels. But dear god, most of these "combos" shouldn't work against a more skilled player. For Glory players have to step up their game. It was a neat watch still, I suppose. Was waaay better than that other video with the guy using Farore's OFF THE STAGE to get "good kills".

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Could be worse. Could always be this:

This is particularly depressing.

That is just... like what is all that? Litter? Poor kid :/

You can disable notifications from groups on Skype, I believe. I remember having done so because of the same problem. Something to look into if your computer is acting dumber than YouTube commentors.

Space science is one of those subjects I find it hard to believe anyone could not have even a mild interest in. There is so much depth and thought-provoking concepts in it that you could study it for a lifetime and still have scraped the surface. I went to a camp a few years ago and got to see the moon/Jupiter through a telescope. Surprisingly, the moon isn't made out of cheese.

I actually like writing too, to be honest. Essay writing was never an issue for me and I enjoy playing with words. I agree though that making a living as a writer would be quite difficult similar to how it'd be difficult to make it as a visual artist. I dabble a lot in drawing but I relegate it more to a side hobby than a career aspiration because of how tight jobs would be. Paleoart is cool though.
I'm using a Mac, so the settings on Skype may be a little different compared to Windows. But yeah, if there's a way to disable that, I'm definitely going to look into it, that way I don't have to dread whenever I log on to Skype and inb4 the spammage of 'chuh-wop' sounds over and over.

I agree, I think most people have at least some subtle interest in the realm beyond Earth. Even in movies and video games, this is prominent, may that be a made-up galaxy/fantasy world, or our perception of our own galaxy. People can be pretty creative with what to do here, because even with all the research we have done, there is still much we don't know. Mystery and the unknown is like candy for writers, screen-writers, and artists.

Speaking of art, I sure as heck wish I was talented, because I appreciate many kinds of art. Maybe one day, when my doodles of guys who don't look like girls with enormous, ant eyes and... we'll see.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Found a video alternatively titled "1000 ways to land a Lightning Kick on a For Glory opponent". Because that was literally 65% of the video, haha. :p

I'll be honest though, some of the stuff here were pretty cool, especially those Dair shenanigans and FW ledge cancels. But dear god, most of these "combos" shouldn't work against a more skilled player. For Glory players have to step up their game. It was a neat watch still, I suppose. Was waaay better than that other video with the guy using Farore's OFF THE STAGE to get "good kills".

SIS THAT GUY HAS A MEW PICTURE AT 3:15. SOMEONE KNOWS WHAT'S UP

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

lol i think the worst part is Rolly glory can truly be that bad. worst part is when they have laggy connections to boot. and i like the offstage Faroes kills video, she had balls

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Came to claim my coffee of today. How are you all today? :)

Is there a Zelda skype group? I haven't had much experience with Skype Smash groupchats, except that they got abandoned after a day or two, lol.

What's the whole hate-on-sonic thing going on right now? Did you know his middle name is Maurice? Huh? Huh? Don't think so! (I'm kidding, I'm kidding :p )

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Came to claim my coffee of today. How are you all today? :)

Is there a Zelda skype group? I haven't had much experience with Skype Smash groupchats, except that they got abandoned after a day or two, lol.

What's the whole hate-on-sonic thing going on right now? Did you know his middle name is Maurice? Huh? Huh? Don't think so! (I'm kidding, I'm kidding :p )
That makes 2 coffee claimers today, and wb

Good question, do we have a Zelda Skype group guys? My only gripe with Skype groups is that it sometimes deviates from the activity in the threads. But it would be a better place for playing games though, I think

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'm 99% sure we don't have a Skype group for us Zelda sistahs, just because it deviates activity from this thread. And Aerodr-.... KuroganeHammer doesn't want that. ^^;;

Plus, this thread is magnitudes better than the Skype groups and other threads around here anywho. :^)

Spirst

That is just... like what is all that? Litter? Poor kid :/

I'm using a Mac, so the settings on Skype may be a little different compared to Windows. But yeah, if there's a way to disable that, I'm definitely going to look into it, that way I don't have to dread whenever I log on to Skype and inb4 the spammage of 'chuh-wop' sounds over and over.

I agree, I think most people have at least some subtle interest in the realm beyond Earth. Even in movies and video games, this is prominent, may that be a made-up galaxy/fantasy world, or our perception of our own galaxy. People can be pretty creative with what to do here, because even with all the research we have done, there is still much we don't know. Mystery and the unknown is like candy for writers, screen-writers, and artists.

Speaking of art, I sure as heck wish I was talented, because I appreciate many kinds of art. Maybe one day, when my doodles of guys who don't look like girls with enormous, ant eyes and... we'll see.
It's the Citarum River in Indonesia. It's solid waste/discharge/litter. Not cool. And what sucks is that the people there are dependent upon the river so...yeah...

I have a Mac too. Last I tried the settings, I was on a Windows PC but I don't see why it shouldn't work too. I'll look around later.
I'm a huge sucker for space media. I liked Interstellar a lot even though it was quite long and not wholly scientifically accurate. I took a few internships at the Museum of Natural History here in NYC (for some reason, the faculty there calls me "king sexy pants" now. I still don't get why exactly.) and had a lot of fun with it. Coincidentally, I'm one of the few people who love picking Lylat Cruise as a CP if it isn't banned.

I've posted this in some places before but I have a small collection of random drawings I'd done. These are from my personal journals and honestly, I haven't done too much in the last two years so this is from before then. Check it out if you're interested:
http://imgur.com/a/LfgBa

Rizen

Smash Legend
Last edited:

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Hey Spirst, you got some real talent! I was quite impressed with what I saw.

Mocha, the Zelda boards are exactly like coffee. You can't go a day without having coffee, neither can you go a day without the Zelda boards. :3c (Oh, and thanks for the welcome back!)

I have a few Zelda related questions:

1) How did the guy in the video shown (1000 ways to kick) do the offstage Farore's Wind without becoming into the helpless state? Impressive.

2) I would like to know you guys's opinion on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LAf7A-2o14
Was Nairo's action really that impressive? I don't quite know what I think of it.

Top Bottom