• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rion

Smash Journeyman
GGs Omg @ Rion Rion U make zelda look like a top tier. After going against U I realized how bad my zelda is. U should go to apex. After fighting U im sure zelda has more potential and I'm gonna keep maining zeldamazing. Tips and advice?
Hmm, off the top of my head? I think you were using air dodge / spot dodge a littleeee too much. You gotta be careful about using these too often because once it becomes a pattern of overuse, they're easy to punish.

Also definitely less usage of Phantom and Din's. You did knick me a few times from those yes, but I think I punished you a lot harder because you left yourself open more often because of the after lags.

Remember you can shield almost immediately after you regular get up from a ledge too!

I think I covered most of the glaring things I was seeing, haha.

@ Fuoujin 2 Fuoujin 2 ! I'm still waiting for you in that room by the way.

Last edited:

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
@ Rion Rion thanks but I'm not kidding like considering going to apex like I think ur as good as nairo. You've honestly made me think she might be mid. I hope we play again

@ Fuoujin 2 Fuoujin 2 sis I hope we play next. I'm hoping to play some palutena dittos along with zeldamazing.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, @ Fuoujin 2 Fuoujin 2 seems to be stuck in Fer Glury mode.

Anyone else want to play a bit? I see you people lurking in here! Also whoo, 300 posts~

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Only lurking because I'm studying in another tab.

Or I should be studying.

Please, do stay around next week sisters. I'd love to play some of you.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
nerfdsmash.png

Well, you got your wish @ Cosmo! Cosmo! , along with her other smashes naturally. (Seriously though, why would they do this?)

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
lol.

also I think I main Zelda in this game now after going to my first tournament
Wow, I thought you had retired. Nice to see you still sticking with Zelda! You did some amazing things with her in Melee.

---------------
Oh and ClashTournaments is streaming right now (or about to). We might see some Zelda play from Nairo.

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
GGs @ Rion Rion my zelda got so much better because of you. Like I went from get 2stocked to actually beating U. This day changed me like I'm certain she's not bottom now. You should go to tournaments. We should play again soon. U embarrased my Palutena and those spikes on lucina. Nice job. But really consider going to apex

Rion

Smash Journeyman
GGs @ Rion Rion my zelda got so much better because of you. Like I went from get 2stocked to actually beating U. This day changed me like I'm certain she's not bottom now. You should go to tournaments. We should play again soon. U embarrased my Palutena and those spikes on lucina. Nice job. But really consider going to apex
I have to admit, you did kick my butt as Zelda more than a few times haha.

It's good you feel like you're improving though!

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
I feel she can be mid. Like approaching with nayrus and SH Lightning kicks aren't that bad. I think it's safe to say she's not bottom tier.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Hope y'all added me back.

I hate how nayrus has an animation before it hits, has it gotten slower than 3ds wtf.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
ok sisterinos

mainly for the older sisters i know

but some real talk

i know this dude over the net, and ive known him for like, years now, but it's starting to bug me that his social skills are less than impressive

we talk like, every day over skype IMs (and skype calls when we're playing league/smash/mario kart) but sometimes i just get the vibe that he's really not that interested in things i have to say/ask

like, he went to a tournament yesterday and he didn't bother to tell me where he placed, or I went to a tournament the other week and he didn't bother to ask where I placed (this is important because I was one of the main people who kept nagging at him for like, ever, to go to tournaments etc)

I think of him as a friend because of how long we've known each other but i wonder to myself sometimes if he thinks that of me or if he thinks of me as just a guy on the internet, and dwelling on that scares me tbh

He uses smashboards but I doubt he'd find this post, but it's something I've wanted to talk to him about for ages but idk if it's just me being weird or overreacting or what

Has anyone else had experiences similar to this? I sort of doubt it but im like, dying inside keeping this to myself so i wanted to post it somewhere <:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I don't know much about your situation, but I think you should definitely do a brotalk (because people outside Zelda mains are bros, not sisterns) and get things settled. Definitely would rather have whatever doubt you have resolved than have it hanging there. You can be a bro and make sure he's alright and that stuff. Being a good bro is the first step to making sure the situation's properly handled.

One of my internet friends thought she was being annoying to me when we talk all the time, but I cleared that misunderstanding in a jiffy. Just that I was busy a lot of days to reply immediately, and some other days I was kinda groggy (not due to her) and those days happen. I let her know about that, and she totally understood, and we still talk pretty often. I guess the only difference is that I haven't SEEN her personally (unlike you and your bud), but we're still very good friends. But hopefully, it will go out to be the same for you, Aero. You're probably not really annoying him or anything, so might as well get it all out clean. c:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
we play Zelda, therefore we are sisters always.

I think you just need to ask him like @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 said. (who ninja'd what i was going to say)

i have a long time internet friend to, who honestly is one of the few true friends i have and we've never met, but i would like to meet someday.

i'm sure its just nothing and your worrying over nothing

Last edited:

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer this happened to me and what might help is talking to him. Ask him and If there's a problem then just stop talking to him and ignore him. Just know u have us like I've met u guys for a month and U guys r consider friends. I hope it turns out alright

@ Fuoujin 2 Fuoujin 2 GGs ur palutena is great. I need to start trying jab to fsmash. Good Use of auto reticle ur really good. Her jab is ugh it's so hard to get through. Nice combos. It was fun I hope we play again another tine

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
GGs candy

ok sisterinos

but some real talk

i know this dude over the net, and ive known him for like, years now, but it's starting to bug me that his social skills are less than impressive

we talk like, every day over skype IMs (and skype calls when we're playing league/smash/mario kart) but sometimes i just get the vibe that he's really not that interested in things i have to say/ask

like, he went to a tournament yesterday and he didn't bother to tell me where he placed, or I went to a tournament the other week and he didn't bother to ask where I placed (this is important because I was one of the main people who kept nagging at him for like, ever, to go to tournaments etc)

I think of him as a friend because of how long we've known each other but i wonder to myself sometimes if he thinks that of me or if he thinks of me as just a guy on the internet, and dwelling on that scares me tbh

He uses smashboards but I doubt he'd find this post, but it's something I've wanted to talk to him about for ages but idk if it's just me being weird or overreacting or what

Has anyone else had experiences similar to this? I sort of doubt it but im like, dying inside keeping this to myself so i wanted to post it somewhere <:
Is that way to everyone though?
Some people are just like that.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
ok sisterinos

but some real talk

Like the others have said, I think you should talk about it with him. A lot of problems I've had with internet friends have just been big misunderstandings. Maybe he just didn't feel like talking about tourneys that day. Anyways, I'm sure he didn't mean any harm by it. But yeah, the best thing to do is just have a discussion about it.

Not a veteran sister, but I thought I could pipe in to see if I could make you feel any better. :)

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Asking Fuujin if Zeldawful is a joke is like asking if dog poop is sh*t.

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 @ Fuoujin 2 Fuoujin 2 oh okay I hope after our matches U might think zeldas not that bad. I mean my name tag for sm4sh is zeldamazin. Hahaha lol

Ya know I'm trying to achieve the title. First 13 year old to win apex. First I need money, but I'm too young for a job so.

EDIT: wait since there aren't gonna be anymore patches. Maybe if zelda finds a broken AT. He probably won't patch it up. This could be a good thing. Maybe she'll find something similar to RC pivot grab. Ya know lets hope there's something hidden

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Top Bottom