• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
yeah i dont think we'll have customs in further tournaments, i think the game is actually better this way
I don't think it is. some low tier characters like ganondorf and wii fit trainer get so much better with them. They also add character diversity and can help that character with their MUs. I'm all for em

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I don't think it is. some low tier characters like ganondorf and wii fit trainer get so much better with them. They also add character diversity and can help that character with their MUs. I'm all for em
customs can't save wii fit from Kirby...sadly. i don't know these Ike and Ganon customs but i hear they make them viable lol.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Ganon like only need his Down B changed then he is automatically not in bottom tier lol. But he has some really great customs all round, like giving a huge range boost to Warlock Punch & Up B being the Ganonvator (u c wat i ded der :p) which connects at any percent.
I don't know how good his Side B customs are, but they do have interesting properties (one being a command grab that can kill but less range & slower than standard, & another that's a multihit move)

On second thought, the custom side b that can kill is pretty bad. The other one seems decent though despite the horrific lag when done on the ground.

Last edited:

Eulette

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2337-3444-8461
gfycat.com/WatchfulDimDwarfrabbit
Next Floor? The blastzone! FW glass elevartor hype :v

On another note, Is anyone interested on post about the FW ledge cancel positions? The fact that teleporting down carries you along the horizontal position makes it easier (did it do that in Brawl too?).

Right know I only can post about the 3ds stages, but some of them like Tomodachi Life have loooots of spots where you can ledge cancel, others like prism tower phase 3( or 2?) have a layout that allows you to Ledge cancel indefinitely for its duration!

Some Omegas like Boxing Ring or Battlefield have a clear visual indication from where you can ledge cancel from a SH, jumping SH or Long Hop, or just standing.
Although Zelda doesn't have many option from that position on FD, which why I think we should try with stages like Norfair where maybe the Layout allows for more options!

Last edited:

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
I was playing For Glory and the first match I got was with a sick Luigi. He was whopping my ass, I can't do up tilt combos because of his n air. It's also hard to fight him off ledge when he has his fireball out and can down b in weird angles.
Also that same player used WFT which I think is in Zelda's favor.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Luigi has a terrible recovery so don't be afraid to go offstage. Once that second jump is gone, he's as good as dead.

And yeah, since Melee you really have to be next to frame perfect with your combos to compete with a frame 3 nair.

You can shield the nair and punish with up tilt for sure. Luigi shouldn't be throwing out nair for the sake of it. It's usually to catch you in the middle of something and trying to outprioritize you. Shiek downthrow to up air has to be perfect or else Luigi can interrupt with a nair and actually kill Sheik.

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
I'll keep the shielding after up tilt in mind. It sounds like a good idea to catch mashers and I love to punish over aggressive play. I should use more options out of shield. Thanks for the advice.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wifi tactics are hella annoying to deal with. Pretty sure I had the upper hand like 80%+ of the time.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Thanks I really need to work on my secondarys and oh customs could've made her better
Yeah I hope you liked the characters I used. Feel free to list them all :p

I'm still looking for a main though. Which do you think had the most main potential?

Last edited:

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Wifi tactics are hella annoying to deal with. Pretty sure I had the upper hand like 80%+ of the time.
Sis you better be repping the GODDESS of light and not using that gutter tier trash Zeldawful.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
You have Zelda down so I don't have much to say about her but I kid you not, please start playing her without customs. Believe me, I love customs (and you would have seen hell if I had created a custom DK to use) but I don't think customs have a future.

Cut down on those dash attacks too. Aside from the ones you used after a jab, all of them were punished.

You really have to cut down on Wifi tactics though. If you went to an offline tournament, I bet half of those whiffed punishes would have landed. Cut down the spotdodges (so hard to deal with online) and airdodges to the stage. I noticed you cut down on Nayru's to land which is great.

I was hoping you'd say my DK was your favourite but beggars can't be choosers I suppose. I'm super disappointed in my Luigi... really have to lab him even more. I also refuse to main Peach.

@ Fuoujin 2 Fuoujin 2 I didn't use Zelda even once. Used Palutena a couple times though.

Last edited:

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
You have Zelda down so I don't have much to say about her but I kid you not, please start playing her without customs. Believe me, I love customs (and you would have seen hell if I had created a custom DK to use) but I don't think customs have a future.

Cut down on those dash attacks too. Aside from the ones you used after a jab, all of them were punished.

You really have to cut down on Wifi tactics though. If you went to an offline tournament, I bet half of those whiffed punishes would have landed. Cut down the spotdodges (so hard to deal with online) and airdodges to the stage. I noticed you cut down on Nayru's to land which is great.

I was hoping you'd say my DK was your favourite but beggars can't be choosers I suppose. I'm super disappointed in my Luigi... really have to lab him even more.

@ Fuoujin 2 Fuoujin 2 I didn't use Zelda even once. Used Palutena a couple times though.
Dk was great ur combos were like crazy

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Do yew hear that? Do yew hear the people's cheers?!

They're celebrating the return of the God-dess Pal-u-te-na!

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
@ Alacion Alacion
I think you should main DK and secondarize peach and ganon

Palutena ~ U had everything down and she was good but at times U throw out the reflecter randomly and that was punished

Robin ~ You pretty much got it down too but you could've used some uncharged thunders and also don't use thoron right when I got up from the edge.

Lucario ~ I don't think I remember much from that lol

Dk ~ UR COMBOS... All I need to say

Peach ~ nice spacing and Uve got her down

Ganon ~ Tbh best Ganon I've played against

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
KI:U is such a great game. I used to be in a clan on GameFAQs back when it was popular. Good times indeed :3

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haha I appreciate your input, but I really don't want to play Peach anymore. That fiasco in the MU discussion was the icing on the cake. @SBphiloz4 has Ganondorf reserved though.

I love Palutena's reflector, haha. And yes, I throw it out too much but I was actually going for something which never worked :p My Fox was pretty trash too. My Ness was too but his bthrow is broken. Hm what else... Ike is underrated I hope you kinda saw that.

I am the absolute worst with Thorons.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Guys, is everyone aware that almost everything in Olimar's moveset is reflectable? Including his smash attacks?

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
Ike I think he's over rated now like some people think he's high and I only see mid.

Fox just isn't ur character

Ness wasn't that bad

@ Mocha Mocha wanna play in 10 mins

Zelda is good this game imo i think she's better than olimar

Also the MU for olimar against zelda is a nightmare Cuz of nayru

Last edited:

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
Zelda is definitely not bad this game. She's viable and has better MUs. She's pretty mid or low mid

It's not like she's zeldawful or anything fuoujin U here?

But yeah nairo is still pushing the character

I think I'm better at approaching with zelda than being defensive
I don't even go defensive.
@ Alacion Alacion when we were playing U saw the dins I sent right?

@ Mocha Mocha i added U at Da_Cake_Gangsta so I'm ready to play at anytime

Last edited:
Top Bottom