• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Let me guess, you found a Zelda player on For Glory, GameAngel64?

Well, if you guys somehow find me on there, I'll probably have the ~WAIFU~ tag on. Preeeetty easy to notice. XD

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
I didn't fight her, my husband did, and I spectated. Seemed pretty good, figured he/she had to visit here at one point or another.

EDIT: To avoid double posting. I have actually fought a bunch of Zeldas on For Glory. Relatively speaking. At least 8-10. I hate Zelda dittos though. So much Nayru's and teleporting around... :p They are funny to watch on replay though. This Manny fellow seemed like the best one I've seen as a For Glory random.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Holy **** so many posts in one day. The only time I played against a good Zelda in FG was against someone named Ylse I think? Pretty sure she was also from Mexico or at least Latinamerica.

I wonder how bad my internet connection to anyone would be :C

Edit: By the way Aero did you get that rat? WAS IT POISONOUS?

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
A little birdie told me that a top Zelda player has deemed the Olimar MU to be impossible and will not be playing it anymore.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Is this Myran's doing? Haha.

AND OMG SINCE WHEN DID YOU JOIN @Fuoujin 2 and his Palutena clan, Aleate? PLS

Not enough people heading down the bottom tier tracks smh.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Maybe :)

Oh I don't plan on maining Palutena plus I told you like last week on FB. She's hella fun though.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Ya don't know, people can change their stances in just a week. :3

I swear, I really need to fight Myran one day to see just how infuriating it is. cccc:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Olimar was garbage in 3DS because pikmin would just randomly jump off cliffs like lemmings

people still think olimar is bad because of prior experience

Last edited:

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
Did that get fixed on Wii U or in 1.0.4?
As far as my experience goes for the 3DS, Pikmin AI problems still exist in 1.0.4. The Wii U version, however, makes the problem a minor one at best. I've played enough matches with Olimar at my local Smash club to say that Pikmin are much more reliable than in the 3DS.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
All the other bottom tier candidates are looking better and better whereas Zelda just got worse with pivot grab nerf. I'm starting to wonder if she is seriously the worst character in the game.

Does anyone here go by "Manny" on For Glory?
Holy ****! I fought a Manny a long time ago on the 3DS. They exclusively used Zelda. I was using Rosalina and it was a pretty easy win. I switched to Zelda right after our first match and it was a lot closer. (That's an analogy of Zelda's entire existence in this game.)

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
@Rion I saw your gif on reddit

Space fsmash so only the last hit hits, it's our strongest kill move VS rest and shield breaks

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I like how you answer questions!

My spacing is pretty horrendous with fsmash. I should get on learning that, damn.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
glitchy pikmin aside, I still think people calling Falco and olimar bottom tier was the silliest thing. Same with Kirby, they feel really no different than brawl. Falco is just not 3 buttons anymore.

if you have trouble spacing fsmash go play marth. Its basically teaching you spacing if you focus on tipper hits.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964

Well, if you guys somehow find me on there, I'll probably have the ~WAIFU~ tag on. Preeeetty easy to notice. XD

Haha! My friend uses the WAIFU tag when playing as Rosalina.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
On For Glory my tag is Elana and I 100% of the time play as Zelda. My husband and I share a NNID, but his tag and character are usually different.

LawCorazon

Night Moon
NNID
Noctisluna
3DS FC
3711-8120-3309
Hey there, i main zss but i really like playing Zelda shes a lot of fun.

Do you play Roslina? I think i played you

Haha! My friend uses the WAIFU tag when playing as Rosalina.
nvm lol god i hate rosilina.......... well more like Luma.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Are stale moves a huge deal in this game? It feels like moves that kill will still kill anyway, even if it's stale. Or perhaps that could be the Rage mechanics factored in. I don't know, but it doesn't feel as prominent as Brawl's stale moves.

Like I was thinking of 'saving' Zelda's f-tilt as a kill move by not staling it, but I'm not sure if it's even worth it.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Ftilt has got to be one of her more reliable kill moves. In general, it's a good spacing move I find, if you don't encounter it's dead zone.

With rage and smaller blast zones, staleness might as well be less prominent. Then again, I don't really use ftilt all too often unless I kinda get desparate on a way to kill, haha.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
In general, it's a good move. But I don't think you'll be using it so much that it will go stale. Time to head to the lab and see what percentages we need for ftilt to kill, accounting for stale and/or rage.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
In general, it's a good move. But I don't think you'll be using it so much that it will go stale. Time to head to the lab and see what percentages we need for ftilt to kill, accounting for stale and/or rage.
In the 3DS, the Ftilt sweetspot got the job done at roughly 150% (Mario, center of BF) and the sour spot KO'ed at roughly 180%.

Considering the WIIU has smaller blastzones, then maybe take off 10% of that to get that KO%. But to be safe, I'd stick with the 3DS numbers as reference.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
In the 3DS, the Ftilt sweetspot got the job done at roughly 150% (Mario, center of BF) and the sour spot KO'ed at roughly 180%.

Considering the WIIU has smaller blastzones, then maybe take off 10% of that to get that KO%. But to be safe, I'd stick with the 3DS numbers as reference.
Weird, I had a few matches with Fuujin yesterday, and we were doing solid KOs on each other with Ftilts starting at around ~90%. Most were about in the 105-120% range, IIRC. Those early Ftilt kills must of either been due to rage or poor DI, but I'm really thinking it could be the former.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Weird, I had a few matches with Fuujin yesterday, and we were doing solid KOs on each other with Ftilts starting at around ~90%. Most were about in the 105-120% range, IIRC. Those early Ftilt kills must of either been due to rage or poor DI, but I'm really thinking it could be the former.
Well, Zelda has around 10 less weight than Mario, and she's a lot lighter concerning fall speed as well (Which makes a difference in KB resistance. Mostly vertically, though.)
If you add that to possibly being closer to a side blastzone, possible wrong DI, AND rage, than I can see it being pretty easy to KO far earlier with Ftilt than 140-150%.

EDIT : I suppose Fuujin also probs went P-money. I don't have any estimate range on her weight, but I'd bet it's probably around the same as Peach or Zelda's weight.

EDIT 2 : Yup. Went and checked Aero's weights thread. Palu's weight is only 2 higher than Peach's.

Also, Zelda is more like 15 weight lighter than Mario.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
That makes sense then. I forgot that Mario isn't as weight conscious as our princess, haha. These kills were also closer to the edge, so yeah, a lot of things can explain why that Ftilt killed a lot earlier than usual.

And Fuujin was using Zelda as well against me. I'm not the best at Zelda dittos, but I didn't feel that much salt just after I played a few matches with him yesterday. Now, for some reason, I'm feeling a bit of the sodium, because all the matches were very close, but he'd usually end up taking the match. Considering that I lost (like 3-2 or 4-2 or something?) to a guy who doesn't main Zelda means that I'll still need a lot more practice to even consider going up against my region's best. ^^;;

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
^ Well, he sorta DOES main Zelda. At heart. ;P

IDK how he thinks he can avoid his Zelda maining fate by playing Palutena. :rolleyes:

Yuniverse

Smash Cadet
hey yall, maybe I should be posting this in the MU thread, but I kinda need some closure on this subject. Why do people think zelda/megaman is like 7/3 for zelda just cuz we have a super punishable reflector and Nairo beat Nakats day one megaman.

A tip to all megaman users: throw the metal blade on the ground, we cant relect it as easily. Use your uptilt, it kills us at like 87 with di. stop mashing fsmash!

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Don't give them hints dude! Not after they stole our usmash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom