• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
Robin's Fire Emblem not Final Fantasy.

Sakurai to all the gamers:
*Frank Sinatra style music notes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljrFQyE1hAg *

"...Regrets I've had a few
But those I don't want to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption

I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
you'll play it myyyyyy waaaaaaaay!"

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Zelda and Palutena are only similar superficially. I think early on people had a completely different idea of what Palutena's gameplan was and so she kinda sorta resembled Zelda a bit? People typecast her as patiently punishing but nope, that girl gets all in your face.

This Fujin guy, did he just get banned the moment he came back?

To keep it a bit on topic, I love using Naryu's Love for some reason.
All you need to know is that Fujin is the best poster who was ever banned and banned again

Last edited:

Tribute

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0645-5788-4088
Canon be damned, Zelda's hyrule warriors rapier needs to appear in smash

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
The customs are what make Palutena more versatile in playstyle, unlike Zelda's.

And yeah, I hope they don't mess around with Lightweight either... and I really hope Sakurai doesn't plan on making these 'patches' on a regular basis. It's going to become quite frustrating having to constantly change and adapt to your character, as well as others - when we already have to do that enough already.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Yeah I love me LW myself. Plus Sakurai better not get rid of Glidebouncing that thing is hilarious :p

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm waiting for the patch to come out so I can see Faore's Wind get nerfed alongside Zelda's incredible plethora of damage dealing and KO moves. Just to really add insult to injury.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I hope hope HOPE Sakurai does not use FG to gauge which characters need a buff and where. Or worse, For ****ing Fun.

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Oh man, that would be hilarious. I could easily see both Din's Fire and the Phantom being nerfed because they actually hit people in For Fun.

I get that 1v1 isn't the only mode and that the game needs to be balanced for the multiple modes it has though. I'm pretty sure most characters won't lose anything too substantial. Sakurai even said that it isn't fun for players if characters receive too many advantages / disadvantages.

Tribute

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0645-5788-4088
How do you ground approach as zelda?

I like short hop nair, but its too dicey to pull off because the 3ds is a stupid piece of **** that either dairs or falls too fast or full hops, fair actually seems kinda safe on shield (Or Im just playing people who are idiots, idk 50/50) but that still puts me back at square one of not knowing what to do

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
How do you ground approach as zelda?o
you walk. Nair has like 20 frames of landing lag and no vertical hitbox. Its best to just walk and shield into either a dash grab or dash attack when opportunities happeen.

edit: You can also do empty short hops, but unless your comfortable doing that walking is better.

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
You don't approach.

I like to do short hop auto cancelled dairs because the horizontal range is deceptively large and I can immediately act out of it. Empty hops work too. If your opponent shields alot, try dashing into a grab.

Fair isn't safe on shield by the way. Especially in for glory mode. The landing lag is terrible and even with the high shield pushback it has, your opponent can punish you afterwards.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Oh man, that would be hilarious. I could easily see both Din's Fire and the Phantom being nerfed because they actually hit people in For Fun.
If anything, I expect him to nerf FW. That thing gets Zelda almost free kills in FFAs.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in forever but now that Smash 4 is coming out<3
Anyways, I haven't got a chance to try out 3DS and I don't have a WiiU either, but I'm dying to know:

How does Zelda's f-air and b-air compare to her Brawl counterpart? Is it easier or harder to sweetspot?

Thanks.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
So I just got the game from my brother and right off I went and played a match. Zelda, cpu Rosalina and battlefield. The first thing I want to note is that the controls are smoother than melted butter on a fine china plate. Zelda felt different but still played the same. I lost match because I was just trying to get used to the controls.
Farore's wind was amazing tbh, I laughed when I returned the stage from the point of no return in Brawl. Nayru's Love felt smaller but I'm not sure, I just felt like it was less effective as my usual panic button. Phantom was much faster than expected and I'm seriously happy with how much easier it is to control Din's, despite the range difference. All of this garnered from a two minute game.
Also, I used dair and successfully landed a hit on Rosalina.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
The best thing about RCPG is that it's super easy to do so even tech challenged me has it down.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
The best thing about RCPG is that it's super easy to do so even tech challenged me has it down.
Kay!
Honestly I've gotten the alts and I've been playing with them. I think I'll stick with Din's Sniping (flare) because the range is fantastic with Shield Breaker Phantom for a closer ranges. I'm about to try Nayru's Rejection but I don't think it's going to do much for me.
I feel like the air attacks are so much better now, they're easier to hit, easier to sweet spot and just that much more powerful. I haven't gotten Dair this much since, forever?

PrimalCarnage

Smash Cadet
lol did they give kicks even more landing lag? Dair too. :( Din's got buffed. Bigger hitbox.

Last edited:

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
I haven't been able to do the roll cancelled grab but I wasn't able to do it consistently in the first place.

Some things that I'm not sure about:

1) Is Nayru's Love faster?
2) Was it always possible to fast fall a short hopped fair and still sweet spot it?
3) Is the uair faster?
4) Has the range of dsmash been increased?
5) Can you still escape from mutli-hit attacks?

Sadly, ftilt still misses at close range.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The RC grab range definitely is not as massive post-patch. Aerial landlag feels the same, otherwise my HRC strats wouldn't still work. Everything else still seems to be just as good/bad as far as I can tell, including Nayru's Reject.

Arean

Smash Ace
Phantom slash can be unsummoned by pressing down b again.

Edit: nvm this, i didnt charge long.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
"Patch changes: Zelda
Up tilt does 1% more damage"
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I'm dying here

---

Can someone please confirm this? I'm at work. If this is true, I find it hilarious for no apparent reason.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
"Patch changes: Zelda
Up tilt does 1% more damage"
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I'm dying here

---

Can someone please confirm this? I'm at work. If this is true, I find it hilarious for no apparent reason.
Yeah, it's true. The only other change I can even notice though is that RCPG's range got reduced.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Ok thanks, brb gonna update my sig...

From what I've here so far, she hasn't really changed much with the patch update. What do you guys think? Or should we just wait for the Wii U version to hold further feedback?

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I'm convinced they want her to be the worst character in 1v1.

Last edited:
Top Bottom