• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Thank you for the detailed post. I'm getting my game later.
Happy days to all Zeldas. Have not been active because this place has been an abrasive mess, but I hope we can exchange ideas and thoughts calmly.

I just know from watching sooo many videos, Dins can kill early when sweetspotted. Not reliable, but the option is there.

micstar615

Smash Ace
So I played Zelda a bit, the mechanics of this game helped her pretty well, she's good at recovery and survives longer and is faster. She still has a lot of the same issues though...her approach options are still poor, you're gonna need to play very analytically again with her if you want to succeed.

PrimalCarnage

Smash Cadet
Playing a bit of 1v1, I definitely feel that usmash range nerf. :( There goes people being afraid of being above you. I think I need to use uair and utilt more.

FWs is going to take some getting used to. I really don't like that they force you to travel the full distance when you hit the ground and that it pops you out in weird positions. I think I've SD'd more than couple of times because I keep on forgetting.

Definitely miss c-stick dmash. Not as fast for punishes with manual press.

But yeah, need more practice. I've seen some Zelda's doing well so this is mostly on my end.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
Yeah USmash is pretty bad now, Megaman's Usmash is what her's used to be in terms of range I'd say. It barely hits anyone beside me now. Zelda's grab is really great now though, it's much easier to grab opponents with her now.

PrimalCarnage

Smash Cadet
Yup, grab is pretty good! Been doing d-throw a bit but most don't fall for any set-ups. Guess I'll try some u-throw next.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
What's up guys? Haven't posted on these boards in a couple of years. I'm addicted to Smash 3DS now. Been playing it all day and hardly eaten.

Pretty cool game, eh

micstar615

Smash Ace
I thought it was just me. I've been SDing and accidentally Dins Firing like a noob
Ugh that exact same thing happened to me :/
What's up guys? Haven't posted on these boards in a couple of years. I'm addicted to Smash 3DS now. Been playing it all day and hardly eaten.

Pretty cool game, eh
This is pretty much me too haha. I'm really enjoying the game :) also, welcome back.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing some more Zelda but keep Up B'ing and dying because lol circle pad
Nothing like aiming a Farore's Wind sloppy like by accident because of the circle pad grip problems.

Definitely has happened way too often than I'd like.

micstar615

Smash Ace
When using FW from the air to the ground, it lands at a weird sidewards angle, it's kind of annoying but hilarious because sometimes opponents roll right into it xD

Rizen

Smash Legend
I won't get to play until the Wii U version is released "holiday 2014" so the 3DS owners have a huge head start on the console owners. But at least we get game cube controllers :smirk:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Zelda is awful in this game. I'm actually not enjoying the game very much.

PrimalCarnage

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't say awful, but she definitely struggles. I feel like we'd do better if not for the 3DS. It doesn't help for characters that require precise inputs for commands. But if you've got the manual dexterity for it, I think Zelda could do okay.

On the positive side, nair spikes into combos seems likes a legit thing. Landing nairs spikes is another issue tho...

Last edited:

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
omfgg I started playing.

what hurts the most, aside from up-smash and down-smash nerfs is the ENDING LAG on fair/bair. I threw them out like no other on Brawl. Even with the hitboxes, I became masterful. Now I have to be extra careful. Although they are easy to land in comparison.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
I was playing against Sheik, WFT and Villager. They all have such good projectiles, Zelda's are so bad in comparison -.- Sakurai really hates her xD

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@ Ochobobo Ochobobo
Dude, you still in FL?

I'll probably limit most of my Zelda-ing to the console drop. Otherwise Imma get myself mad on a 3DS lmao. Doesn't bother me too much since she more or less seems like an almost port from Brawl and besides, we'll have good ol' Nairo using her well in tourneys. We'll have more than solid material to hold us until the release. Then PRECISION ZELDA JOINS THE KILLING GROUNDS!!!

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
How are all you Zeldas fairing online? I am doing surprisingly better than I expected (see my critical Zelda post in the Moveset Impressions thread), having won all but two matches over the last hour and a half. The worst matchups I had this evening were against Little Mac. I was still able to pull out some victories against him, but I am fully aware that as people start to actually become good with him he will be a huge problem! Are people feeling more optimistic about Zelda after playing online today, or will she sink back to the bottom once people figure out how to play this game?

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
How are all you Zeldas fairing online? I am doing surprisingly better than I expected (see my critical Zelda post in the Moveset Impressions thread), having won all but two matches over the last hour and a half. The worst matchups I had this evening were against Little Mac. I was still able to pull out some victories against him, but I am fully aware that as people start to actually become good with him he will be a huge problem! Are people feeling more optimistic about Zelda after playing online today, or will she sink back to the bottom once people figure out how to play this game?
Glad to you hear you too have been having great success. I was shaky at first but I adjusted well and now I've only lost once playing in For Glory FFA within 2-3 hours. Great fun. Her teleport is sooo OP for FFA, my goodness. So nice not having anxiety related to her teleport.

3ds stick is an adjustment too but I got that down.

Add me guys.

3583-0066-3134

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Eh i'm having mixed results online. probably cause i'm still used to not using half the moves that are faster now than they were in brawl. i'm feeling like a faster brawl Zelda except no dins cause its so bad now XD

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Eh i'm having mixed results online. probably cause i'm still used to not using half the moves that are faster now than they were in brawl. i'm feeling like a faster brawl Zelda except no dins cause its so bad now XD
I actually use Dins almost constantly if I'm at a safe distance. I've KOd with it a lot when sweetspotted. :) Good luck to you!

Rion

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be cautiously optimistic.

And yes, Little Mac is a pain in the butt. Though it's funny when you just sit by the ledge how suddenly very slowly and carefully they start to approach you, haha.

The best thing you can really do is gimp him off stage, since he seriously can't do crap to you off stage and one good Dair basically seals the deal. It's a pretty low risk but high reward scenario for you once that happens.

Just... don't get too caught up in his close range shenanigans unless necessary. Definitely gonna lose in that regard.

PrimalCarnage

Smash Cadet
GGs Hpko, fellow random Zelda player in For Glory! on the off-chance you frequent smash boards

But yeah, I'm feeling a bit better with her now as well. FW is a good punisher for lagging/long-range moves and the mind games are nice. I find myself using dash, NL, fsmash, grab and jab a lot. Oh and cr#ppy din's to annoy opponents with. :p Not so much dtilt anymore which was a staple of my Brawl Zelda gameplay (idk y tho). And as much as I wanted to use Phantom, I just haven't been able to find use out of it. Might have some potential as an air-spacing tool... Lightening Kick I haven't gotten used to on 3DS yet, but I'm getting by fine without it.

I haven't met any dangerous Mac's yet. What I've had trouble with so far was Shiek, Greninja and one (surprisingly deadly) Charizard.

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Zelda felt awkward at first because of the lag added on her aerials and Farore's Wind forced to travel the entire distance if used in the air but once I got use to her this version of Zelda feels amazing. My current record on For Glory using Zelda only is 100 wins and 36 losses so she is doing rather well for me imo. This is day 1 with the game so that is probably not saying much but Zelda is nowhere near as bad as everyone wants to make her sound.

Farore's Wind is crazy good if used correctly. Zelda can literally punish from almost anywhere if she catches you using a punishable move or if she catches your landing. Her projectile game with Din's Fire and Phantom Slash is no joke either. Zelda has the tools to control the stage no matter where she is located which makes her really hard to deal with. Zero Suit Samus, Little Mac, and the occasional Greninja and Captain Falcon were annoying match ups since all of their moves are much quicker and I am usually forced to bait things to make up for the speed difference. Farore's Wind out of shield can kill at certain percents if you catch someone off guard with it and they don't VI correctly. If it misses you are stuck in a bad position so I don't use it that often unless I am confident it is going to land. Nayru's Love combos into Farore's Wind at higher percents on a lot of the characters I played against also which is a pretty nifty kill option.

Again, this is day 1 so all of this may or may not mean anything. Zelda feels amazing either way and I am enjoying Farore's Wind way to much lol.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
I'd say to not make it too big a habit to use Farore's too often (except with the obvious punish).

As nice as it is as a long range punish, you really cannot afford to get blocked. I'm actually really trying consciously to not go to Farore's when I'm stuck in the neutral footsies, because the risk is way too high when you're fighting against actually skilled opponents.

More random 1vs1 Glory thoughts:

Probably the most annoying situation for me is when you're just out of range for all your attacks against an opponent. I always feel really vulnerable, and sort of tend to back off if my positioning ends up this way.

Also yes, every time an opponent roll towards you it's almost never ever in range of dtilt even when they're practically ontop of you. Bad habit of mine. Also forgetting to follow up with uair at higher percents.

I think I should be using Nair a lot more too. I sometimes forget about how quick it's coverage is. Its hits seems pretty okay in terms of connection and it's certainly better to hit with that than a flubbed f/bair.

The ending lag on Nayru's... Be careful with it too, as per usual. Even at mid range, it can be pretty punishable, so don't panic and tap it too often!

That's probably one of my bigger weaknesses, tossing out Nayru or Farore in a "staredown" situation depending on the range. Gotta just stay cool and collected! Don't get too impatient when a situation has a "long silence" so to speak.

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
How's the wifi? Is it laggy or actually decent this time around?
It is most of the time actually incredibly fluid with minimal lag. Very impressed with it to be honest. Most of the time I couldn't tell the different between online play and local really.

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
nair is my go to air move from brawl, so I still use it alot it feels like air to air combat with it is easier

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
http://youtu.be/BWrbBw--YnA

On the subject of Little Mac earlier, this was an amusing little match I had recently.

I almost feel a bit bad for the boxer guy (I really don't).

Also forgive the cruddy cellphone video, haha.

Last edited:
Top Bottom