• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ffamran plz.

Don't worry, we only have 7 days left.
Knowing how the track record went of a quick patch that while removing a janky move from Falco and added "faster firing" Blaster and 3% more and a fixed Fair isn't looking good much less Little Mac getting his recovery nerfed or Yoshi probably going to get destroyed for no reason other than a giant mass of people thinking he's way better than he is. I said this for the nth time, but I would not be surprised if Falco gets nerfed. :glare:

Anyway, do ties actually exist in this game? I don't mean "no contest", but actual ties since it looked like both players died at the same time here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdVwmo6ifCo.

Edit: Whoops, wrong video linked.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
What if the same thing, KOing each other at the same time, happens again during sudden death? Do we get another sudden death?
I believe 64 and Melee used port priority to determine the winner while Brawl (and presumably Sm4sh) pick a player at random.

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
The correct answer is "Suddener Death" wherein Bob-ombs shoot out of all 4 blast zones

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Brawl picked port priorty.
Are you sure?

Amazing Ampharos said:
The result of a tie in Sudden Death is completely random, unlike in melee where the lowest numbered player always won. Every possible pattern we could discern was refuted, and the odds seemed completely uniform. Furthermore, spawn positions are re-randomized for Sudden Death and not reused from the start of the fight.

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I honestly expect the patch to fix things that currently don't work as intended.

Like Bowser's side B right now. The move was sloppily "fixed" and doesn't really work when it comes to forcing sudden deaths.
Or Bowser's second jump not grabbing the ledge at all.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Some day you'll be playing drunk friendlies with M2K and bowsercide him during sudden death on Delfino

because you knew it would result in a double KO there

and because you knew being player 2 didn't matter

and when that result screen pops up you'll be all "Lavani told me this would happen. My entire life has been leading to this moment."

Finally unlocked all customs.

Time for victory sleep.
You're a true warrior. You did that all on the 3DS version

I usually quit grinding for customs after 3 attempts. That explosive jump punch one though..... I fought hard for (10 attempts or 20 or 30) then I find out that you can get it via challenge..... Fudge

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I still have two customs left to unlock on Wii U, but strangely I just don't care about Kirby all that much.

Hmmm.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Dunno why I'm being tagged and talked about in relation to month old discussions. Guess we're stuck in the past in this thread.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
It seems that I've returned to quite a empty thread. I suppose everyone is busy.

Though I can't quite say that I've ever seen this thread absent of people before. :laugh:

I suppose I should leave something before I depart :

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Since we've got 1.0.6 on the horizon I guess I'll drop my current tier list here for posterity lol

SS: :4diddy:
S: :4sheik::4fox::4sonic::4zss::4pikachu::rosalina::4luigi::4megaman:
A: :4peach::4falcon::4ness::4metaknight::4mario::4rob::4yoshi::4darkpit::4pit::4pacman::4greninja::4lucario::4wario2::4olimar::4duckhunt::4shulk::4villagerf:
B: :4dk::4roy::4link::4tlink::4kirby::4ganondorf::4drmario::4wiifit::4littlemac::4myfriends::4falco::4marth::4zelda::4robinf::4bowser::4charizard:
C: :4gaw::4jigglypuff::4palutena::4samus::4dedede::4lucina:

Loosely ordered, with B tier being the least-ordered as last time.
Zelda isn't last and/or first?! This list is trash!

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Zelda isn't last and/or first?!
I wonder what situation Zelda would have to be in to be the best and worst character in the game simultaneously.

... Maybe if she had her own Hoo Hah?

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
I just realized that this is my most visited thread... and I don't even play Zelda lmao
Then again, more than half of us who frequent this place don't play Zelda, so yeah hehe.

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I've been thinking of picking up Rosalina since that's what I was going to do before the game came out. Currently, I only play as bad characters like Zelda, Dedede, Bowser, and Charizard.

Well, I've tried to play meta knight in this game but I'm balls bad with him.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Having pollen allergies and feeling terrible right now.

Someone help feed me--

I think I switched my avatar for.... like 4 times?
I've been thinking of picking up Rosalina since that's what I was going to do before the game came out. Currently, I only play as bad characters like Zelda, Dedede, Bowser, and Charizard.

Well, I've tried to play meta knight in this game but I'm balls bad with him.
Go ahead. Rosalina is a better Zelda with a Luma, so you're (probably) going to enjoy playing as her

Double post but I feel like this is necessary to post. Merge if needed. Ty @ BJN39 BJN39
Dunno why I'm being tagged and talked about in relation to month old discussions. Guess we're stuck in the past in this thread.
If it makes you feel better, I'll apologize on the behalf of everyone making fun of you.

Last edited by a moderator:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Hew tagged ha? Smh.
sonicbrawler182 said:
Fun Fact: You can "quote" someone without actually bringing it to their attention (afaik) by removing everything but their name from the first bracket after the "quote="
(I'm actually not sure 100% that this works, but I have done it before and got no notice or response from the quoted user(s). Worth a try, at least.)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Asuna is okay.

But only okay.

Welp, time to hit For Glory as Rosalina for a while.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Today I learned Link is an asshole on Wi-Fi.

Also, the only way to beat a gay Sonic is to out-gay him.

Lastly, Samus' U-tilt is an amazing anti-air.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
or just play villager.
Those jerk projectiles are so comfortable in her pocket

Top Bottom