• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Went to the Rosalina MU discussion thread

Edit and updated: There's only one guy that makes me scratch my head there. Otherwise, the thread is A-okay

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
oh and re: ROB

I didn't think highly of the character for the longest time, but seeing ROBs doing well against notable players in tournament recently has been making me reconsider my stance on him. I can't possibly see him in top 10 though lol

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Remember when someone in the weight data thread had a heart attack over Rosalina being light, refused to believe it, and fought people about it?
I'm requoting this because it's important that everyone know that I've seen my weight topic linked on 4chan and even GAMEFAQS and the discussion always turns into "the Rosalina player".

I've even had people come up to me at tournaments, and say "You're Aerodrome?" and I'm like, "yeah" and they're like "You did the weight topic for smash 4?" and I'm like, "yeah" and they're like "THE ROSALINA PLAYER LOL"

And I'm like

We're done talking about this.

Soul.

wait wtf, why is tourney locator streaming wii u on a wednesday instead of a friday

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
LOL at everyone in the TourneyLocator chat saying that ROB is "top 10" or "S tier"

With a frame that huge and a terrible disadvantage state, I highly doubt it.
Wait wat lol
ROB isn't even top 10, and this is coming from a ROB main too. That chat has to be really unintelligent or really drunk.
He's good, but most certainly not top 10.

Some guy from the GameFAQ link said:
There is NOTHING wrong with portraying women as heavy
Did they really just bring this topic up? Even Aerodrome's numbers can't escape tumblr-level feminism

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I'm requoting this because it's important that everyone know that I've seen my weight topic linked on 4chan and even GAMEFAQS and the discussion always turns into "the Rosalina player".

I've even had people come up to me at tournaments, and say "You're Aerodrome?" and I'm like, "yeah" and they're like "You did the weight topic for smash 4?" and I'm like, "yeah" and they're like "THE ROSALINA PLAYER LOL"

And I'm like

Yeah, just saw that skirmish.

...I can't believe people :joyful:
I mean hey, if someone really wants to believe something, they'll brainwash themselves into thinking it's real.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Did they really just bring this topic up? Even Aerodrome's numbers can't escape tumblr-level feminism
Hahahaha I was thinking the same thing as I read that. They don't seem to realize there's also Samus and Wendy Koopa (?).

Can you imagine if Rosalina was heavier than she is? She'd be such a pain in the buttplug.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
... Doesn't Mario Kart base "weight" on height or something that just doesn't make sense? I mean, if you went with Star Fox: Assault and Command, Fox would be what Falco is now today, but tweaked or a bit similar to Brawl Wolf: not fast, not strong, and just a jack of all trades. Falco would make Jigglypuff look like a tank; he had a glass jaw, his jump was mediocre (and the same as Fox's), and his speed was slightly faster than Fox. In other words, he would be a weaker, slower Fox with a larger hitbox. Hey, at least his Arwing skills were awesome. Oh wait, his Final Smash uses a Landmaster and he has a low ranking for using that. Might as well make his Final Smash be a Landmaster that drops from the skies and crushes him to death - stock lost - and other people getting crushed take some damage. Wolf was faster than Fox and Falco, had more health than them, had the same jump, and the same Arwing/Wolfen skill and Landmaster skill as Falco. Wolf would be like Captain Falcon and would **** all over average joe Fox and already dead Falco.

The thing is... NOBODY CARES, especially since Fox and Falco were established way before Assault. As for Wolf, could you imagine a character that ran faster than Fox and had that air speed? What's that called again, oh yeah, balancing which ironically, made a criminal, the thug, the space pirate, the space cowboy, and the rival and anti-hero of Star Fox a fair fighter compared to Fox and Falco who abused the hell out of previous game mechanics and still does today - looking at you, Jab cancelling Fox. If Rosalina was a heavyweight, she'd be the broken character in this game. Not Diddy, not Sheik - why? -, and not Little Mac or Bowser - dummy first impressions. We're talking about a character with disjoints on most of her moves, the ability to abuse Luma's stupid knockback, and being a heavyweight that is mobile.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

And I'm like

Personally I found the whole fiasco about Bowser Jr's weight to be funnier, and then you kind of ended up being wrong (not really sure). Also the constant "MONADO KIRBY WEIGHTS" which I unfortunately contributed to

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Personally I found the whole fiasco about Bowser Jr's weight to be funnier, and then you kind of ended up being wrong (not really sure). Also the constant "MONADO KIRBY WEIGHTS" which I unfortunately contributed to
I still don't understand Jr. but my original guess of 107.5 was pretty close.

So there's something up with that character but who knows.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I still don't understand Jr. but my original guess of 107.5 was pretty close.

So there's something up with that character but who knows.
Yeah, wasn't his datamined weight found to be 108? It's like you got that first but then trying to use equipment mucked everything up. I see what they were going for with the damage variation but he should really only take less damage on the cart and not more on his body though.

View attachment 46672

Lucario in top 10...fox lower than pikachu...RosaLuma in top 3...
And without customs too...

I didn't know that NAKAT was a comedian :troll:
Name search bait. You've been warned

Also, my sister just saw the weight rankings. She was like, "It's not a feminist issue if Rosalina is lighter than Pikachu. That's just really stupid, even by Nintendo logic. Lol." I'm like, "If she was a heavyweight, I'll quit this ****ing game"

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Real talk I'd like to see more Lucarios

cool character imo

not even top 20 imo but I like his combos and I like aura sphere charge wavebounces

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
You are very lucky. 3ds for glory was full of roll spamming lucarios
They died out there too after 1.0.4

I ran into a decent Lucario shortly after the patch, but past that I've only seen like 3 or 4 I think and they've all been bad.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Nobody plays Lucario on For Glory anymore ever since the patch absolutely ruined his recovery. I'm not talking about the terrible ending lag from extreme speed. I'm talking about how lucario will literally bounce off the ledge of some stages instead of simply grabbing it instead. I have no idea what causes this,

On another note, I finally ran into another Zelda player on FG for the first time since launch. It's a miracle.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Nobody plays Lucario on For Glory anymore ever since the patch absolutely ruined his recovery. I'm not talking about the terrible ending lag from extreme speed. I'm talking about how lucario will literally bounce off the ledge of some stages instead of simply grabbing it instead. I have no idea what causes this,

On another note, I finally ran into another Zelda player on FG for the first time since launch. It's a miracle.
The patch didn't have anything to do with that, did it? I was under the impression he always bounced off of walls he couldn't cling to. It really pisses me off about his recovery though, yeah; I like riding up the underside of stages with recoveries and that gets me killed a lot with Lucario.

I think I've actually seen more Zelda than Lucario post-nerf lol

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Had jank; Falco had jank. Y'know what happened? It was patched out; fastfalling Fair spikes were patched out. Fox kept his even though it's more difficult to do.
Ffamran plz.

Don't worry, we only have 7 days left.

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
The patch didn't have anything to do with that, did it? I was under the impression he always bounced off of walls he couldn't cling to. It really pisses me off about his recovery though, yeah; I like riding up the underside of stages with recoveries and that gets me killed a lot with Lucario.

I think I've actually seen more Zelda than Lucario post-nerf lol
Oh man, I thought that was just post patch. I was lucky not to see it pre patch then.
Speaking of the patch, I'm really looking forward to seeing Zelda's up tilt get buffed again. Let's go for 0.8 more damage this time!

Top Bottom