• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Ok so someone please educate me, why the heck is Link better than Toon Link when the latter is so much more annoying than the former? I've faced a ton of Toon Links in the ladder and I still don't know how to do that MU.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
If Diddy gets nerfed, the only meta you'll be looking forward to is timeout city
Care to elaborate?
I'm not saying nerf Diddy to death, but he can be slightly altered without destroying his top tier status (hopefully)
Rosa as an example
I quoted you here, because you'd get some more responses

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ok so someone please educate me, why the heck is Link better than Toon Link when the latter is so much more annoying than the former? I've faced a ton of Toon Links in the ladder and I still don't know how to do that MU.
First off TL is much more annoying on wifi. Link isn't that hard to chase down but TL is a royal pain when you can't PS or dodge with precision.
Link can live much longer and has better power. He also has the jab cancel>jab cancel>repeat chain thing but that will probably be patched out. Even without the chain he can jab cancel into kill moves like Dsmash, Utilt, Usmash at higher %s. His kill options are pretty safe but rely heavily on hit-confirms from jab 1, Fsmash 1, bombs or arrow locks so he looses a lot of his endgame in bad lag. His offstage game also gets very unsafe in lag but is good without it.
IMO Link>TL offline but TL>Link online.

Last edited:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Care to elaborate?
I'm not saying nerf Diddy to death, but he can be slightly altered without destroying his top tier status (hopefully)
Rosa as an example
I replied in the Smash 4 social lol.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Care to elaborate?
Rosa as an example
If he isn't nerfed to death, I'm planning on playing him. I liked him in brawl, but his op status made me think otherwise. Hopefully he'll be at least viable, because I like diddy

Any death threats are welcome

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
*looks at all the shipping stuff on the last few pages and makes this his new favorite place on Smashboards* I have the hardest time keeping up with posting speed but this is always so much fun to read. XD Also @HeroMystic doesn't have just one waifu, you all gotta go at him at once. You didn't hear that from me.

Rizen

Smash Legend
SSB4 has a really good competitive mode but the dumb mini-games they put in instead of a story mode suck (here's lookin' at you smash tour). A Subspace style adventure mode with custom moves would have been so awesome :facepalm:

Soul.

SSB4 has a really good competitive mode but the dumb mini-games they put in instead of a story mode suck (here's lookin' at you smash tour). A Subspace style adventure mode with custom moves would have been so awesome :facepalm:
>FG is good

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I just spent half an hour developing a moveset for Shovel Knight.

And now I'm sad because he has very little chance of making it, if any.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
My Social Studies teacher is hosting a Mario Kart 8 fundraiser tournament next week, and grand prize is a $60 gift card.

Time to get me some mohn-ay.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
My Social Studies teacher is hosting a Mario Kart 8 fundraiser tournament next week, and grand prize is a $60 gift card.

0/10 Not Funky Flame Runner Wii

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

Firehop on your way to class, firehop when you boot up the game, and firehop while racing :yeahboi:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla

I wish I had a SS teacher that did things like that.

All we got was candy for getting A+'s on our tests (which were the easiest things ever).

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Can you guys list the threatening jank in customs? Need to research since i'm entering the custom tournament next month.

I would like common tourney picks not characters barely anyone uses.

MK mains are too negative about customs. Its either MK himself not having braindead jank to help him out or the custom meta in general(im the 2nd one).

Shower me with your knowledge.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Can you guys list the threatening jank in customs? Need to research since i'm entering the custom tournament next month.

MK mains are too negative about customs. Its either MK himself not having braindead jank to help him out or the custom meta in general(im the 2nd one).

Doc- soaring tornado
DK- Kong Cyclone
WFT- Jumbo Hoops
Diddy- Rocketbarrel Attack
Peach- Flying Peach Bomber
Palutena- LOL everything
Zelda- Din's Blaze
Kirby- upper cutter
Rosalina- Luma warp
Samus- relentless missiles
Mario- Scalding FLUDD
Sheik- gravity grenade, penetrating needles
ZSS- shooting star kick
Pikachu- thunder wave, heavy skull bash

Good luck

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

I don't know the numbers for them, so I'll just list their names.

:4villager: Timber Counter + Extreme Balloon Trip - the dreaded combination
:4pikachu: Heavy Skull Bash (side B that kills at like 50%)
:4palutena: Superspeed + Lightweight + Jump Glide (her d-throw nair combos can take you to the side blastlines at stupid low, percents, always DI to her back if you get caught in Nair. d-throw -> uair will kill starting at about 75%ish. DON'T GET GRABBED)
:4mario: High Pressure Fludd (a windbox that can literally kill you off the side of the stage)
:4dk: Kong Cyclone (dunno lol)
:4shulk: Power Vision and Hyper Monado Arts (watch out for Hyper-Smash 60% u-tilt kills :'D, Power Vision can kill you at around 50% if they counter your jab)
:rosalina: Luma Warp and Shooting Starbits (Watch out for Luma Warp's hitbox and your placement in relation to Rosa if Luma's by her side. If you keep out or inside that specific zone, you're fine. As for starbits, it's Brawl Falco's lasers all over again).
:4marth: and :4lucina: Crescent Slash (an Up-B that combos from fthrow and will kill at around 40-60% if you get thrown near the ledge, try not to get grabbed)
:4pacman: Meteor Trampoline will **** you up. It's a crazy good edgeguard tool that will spike you as he jumps to safety, so, uh, try to recover with your warp cape, I guess. Never be predictable when recovering against custom pacman.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Kong storm punch is what MK needs to watch out for. Also Ike's tempest/close combat (which is a good neutral tool. Not scary, but patches one of Ike's weaknesses). Missed shuttle loop= windboxed to death.

Shifting shuriken leads to kills, and danger wrap kills pretty early off the top.

Top Bottom